In the future, will people have to obey nationalism, in order to experience being a vampire?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: In the future, will people have to obey nationalism, in order to experience being a vampire?

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:49 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:46 am
trokanmariel wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:33 pm In the future, will citizens of the world have to obey nationalism, so that they can be and act like vampires, in the literal sense?
Adrenochrome addicts aren't nationalists.

I mean vampirism in the mythic context; like Twilight. *Even if the average citizen were to become a literal vampire, they could still be anti-nationalist
Yep. Vampires aren't nationalists, ever.
trokanmariel

Re: In the future, will people have to obey nationalism, in order to experience being a vampire?

Post by trokanmariel »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

I mean vampirism in the mythic context; like Twilight. *Even if the average citizen were to become a literal vampire, they could still be anti-nationalist
I would say, that vampires aren't ever nationalist to the extent of true philosophy; for example, the philosophy that outer space can believe in Afghans liking the Scream saga, even if Afghans have no power. I can't imagine, a work of fiction including a nationalist vampire who espouses this viewpoint

Do you share my enthusiasm, for such an example?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

I would say, that vampires aren't ever nationalist to the extent of true philosophy; for example, the philosophy that outer space can believe in Afghans liking the Scream saga, even if Afghans have no power. I can't imagine, a work of fiction including a nationalist vampire who espouses this viewpoint

Do you share my enthusiasm, for such an example?
Seems to me parasites (vampires) aren't territorial. They're prey-oriented. They go where the greatest concentration of food is. And they wanna move from region to region easily. They got no use for boundaries.

As for culture (high or low): the young parasite may appreciate it, may have sympathy for the appreciation his food has for culture, but, with time, feeding overshadows everything. The seasoned parasite is truly only interested in his food (cultivatin' it, managing the herds). He retains the veneer, the appearance of his former self, but under the skin: he's an amoral monster.

As for space: a sure sign you're dealin' with a parasite is when he poo-poos the idea of man gettin' up & out. Nationalism is already a thorn to the parasite: his food, leavin' Earth, that's unacceptable. No, he wants his livestock here.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

trokanmariel wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:33 pm In the future, will citizens of the world have to obey nationalism, so that they can be and act like vampires, in the literal sense?
Have you gone full pizzagate Q?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:33 am
Have you gone full pizzagate Q?
I'm the true Q: accept no substitutes.