they're both racist

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Vitruvius

they're both racist

Post by Vitruvius »

Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists
Jon Stone 1 hour ago

A Conservative MP has been criticised for suggesting anyone using the term "white privilege" should be reported to the Home Office as an extremist.

The Independent has obtained a leaked recording in which Jonathan Gullis says anti-racism campaigners using the term should be referred to the government's "Prevent" programme – which is meant to track down potential terrorists.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... d=msedgntp

I agree with the underlying point, but rather than Prevent - I would simply prosecute those using terms like "white privilege" for inciting racial hatred; and the same with this person:

Chelsea fan pleads guilty to posting racist and anti-Semitic tweets
Megan Baynes, news reporter 11 hrs ago.

A Chelsea season ticket holder has pleaded guilty to posting racist, anti-Semitic and hateful tweets about football players and fans, police have said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ch ... uxbndlbing
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: they're both racist

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I agree. The term 'white privilege' is incredibly offensive, not that I think anyone should be exempt from being 'offended', but people can't have it both ways with one rule for some and not others. The only 'privilege' in the world is that of being born in an enlightened, well run country (and that doesn't come by accident, it's created by the population) with equal rights under the law and access to good education and health care etc. for everyone.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Vitruvius wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 pm Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists
Jon Stone 1 hour ago

A Conservative MP has been criticised for suggesting anyone using the term "white privilege" should be reported to the Home Office as an extremist.

The Independent has obtained a leaked recording in which Jonathan Gullis says anti-racism campaigners using the term should be referred to the government's "Prevent" programme – which is meant to track down potential terrorists.

I agree with the underlying point, but rather than Prevent - I would simply prosecute those using terms like "white privilege" for inciting racial hatred; and the same with this person:

A Chelsea season ticket holder has pleaded guilty to posting racist, anti-Semitic and hateful tweets about football players and fans, police have said.

Of course a Conservative MP would say that wouldn't he! He or even she is typically
privileged and mostly white.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Vitruvius wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 pm Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists
Jon Stone 1 hour ago

Belinda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:38 amOf course a Conservative MP would say that wouldn't he! He or even she is typically
Why do you think skin colour and/or socio-economic class status is relevant to what someone says? If you think it is relevant - does that sword cut both ways? Would you be comfortable saying an attitude is typical of a black person - i.e. they would say that because they're black? If not, then you're a hypocrite. And the only reasonable means of resolving that hypocrisy is to ignore arbitrary factors like skin colour, and focus on the truth value of what's said.

I think this is about the left, who engage in identity politics, stir up trouble - and then leverage that to virtue signal. The term 'white privilege' is an example of that. It is coined to incite racial hatred - albeit racial hatred against white people, so who cares? Not you!
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:38 am
Jon Stone 1 hour ago

Of course a Conservative MP would say that wouldn't he! He or even she is typically
Racist old hag.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:42 pm I agree. The term 'white privilege' is incredibly offensive, not that I think anyone should be exempt from being 'offended', but people can't have it both ways with one rule for some and not others. The only 'privilege' in the world is that of being born in an enlightened, well run country (and that doesn't come by accident, it's created by the population) with equal rights under the law and access to good education and health care etc. for everyone.
Well obviously NO one is 'privileged', with the above "logic", as there is NO country like this, in the days when this is being written.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:42 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:42 pm I agree. The term 'white privilege' is incredibly offensive, not that I think anyone should be exempt from being 'offended', but people can't have it both ways with one rule for some and not others. The only 'privilege' in the world is that of being born in an enlightened, well run country (and that doesn't come by accident, it's created by the population) with equal rights under the law and access to good education and health care etc. for everyone.
Well obviously NO one is 'privileged', with the above "logic", as there is NO country like this, in the days when this is being written.
What bullshit. I don't know where you are from but take England as an example. Does anyone get turned away from public hospitals because of their skin colour?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:51 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:42 am
What bullshit. I don't know where you are from but take England as an example. Does anyone get turned away from public hospitals because of their skin colour?
Maybe not, but are 'you', human beings, judged by skin colour?

If no, then WHY is skin color even talked about in terms of people "themselves"?

There OBVIOUSLY is NO "black people" NOR "white people". But, 'you', people, STILL, incorrectly look at, judge, and talk about "each other" in terms of color. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True, by the writings in the days when this is written.

When 'you', people, learn who and what 'you', people, REALLY ARE, then 'you' will stop using the absolutely ridiculous and Incorrect phrase and term "white (or "black") person".
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 am
blah blah blah caps blah caps blah blah random caps again blah blah blah caps blah.............

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:44 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 am
blah blah blah caps blah caps blah blah random caps again blah blah blah caps blah.............
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can REFUTE in what I say. So, the ONLY comeback you have, is in what you say above. Which, by the way, says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

It would NOT matter was size letters I use, NOR if they were capitalized or not, you can NOT refute what I have been POINTING OUT and SHOWING.

You WILL NOT answer my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS Honestly and OPENLY because if you did, then you would HAVE TO CONTRADICT your OWN WORDS.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am
CAPS blah blah blah CAPS CAPS CAPS blah........................

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:31 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am
CAPS blah blah blah CAPS CAPS CAPS blah........................
My point proved.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Jon Stone 1 hour ago

You are such a fucking dickhead
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:53 amYou are such a fucking dickhead
May I ask, has that sentence come to an end yet, or are we waiting for more? The lack of punctuation is throwing me. I find myself waiting for some explanation of why, in your subjectively conceived view, I'm a fucking dickhead - for want of an exclamation mark, or a full stop. Assuming pro temp that's the entirety of your remark, the why - I can only speculate, is the puddle of shit behind your eyeballs!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Vitruvius wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:34 am
Jon Stone 1 hour ago

Belinda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:38 amOf course a Conservative MP would say that wouldn't he! He or even she is typically
Why do you think skin colour and/or socio-economic class status is relevant to what someone says? If you think it is relevant - does that sword cut both ways? Would you be comfortable saying an attitude is typical of a black person - i.e. they would say that because they're black? If not, then you're a hypocrite. And the only reasonable means of resolving that hypocrisy is to ignore arbitrary factors like skin colour, and focus on the truth value of what's said.

I think this is about the left, who engage in identity politics, stir up trouble - and then leverage that to virtue signal. The term 'white privilege' is an example of that. It is coined to incite racial hatred - albeit racial hatred against white people, so who cares? Not you!
So as I said, Conservatives are overwhelmingly ( See Boris's cabinet) white men or their power equivalents, honorary white men. Tories don't want to foment racial hatred Tories want to imply non-Tories foment racial hatred by such terminology.

Black persons , women, LGBT, are actually less powerful as demographic groups than white men. So these demographics have no need to use pejorative terms to characterise the obviously most powerful demographic. Sometimes the less powerful throw statues over the quayside which is less sneaky than bad language.