they're both racist

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: they're both racist

Post by Sculptor »

Vitruvius wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:36 pm
Again, I don't know why you think I am supporting the man, rather than saying, as I am saying, he's right to be concerned about the term white privilege, but wrong to propose referral to Prevent. Rather I suggest those using the term white privilege should be prosecuted for inciting racial hatred. He's using a ladle to crack a nut!
Fuck Off.

These are your words:

" I would simply prosecute those using terms like "white privilege" for inciting racial hatred; :"

Stupid fascist wanker.
Vitruvius

Post by Vitruvius »

Again, I don't know why you think I am supporting the man, rather than saying, as I am saying, he's right to be concerned about the term white privilege, but wrong to propose referral to Prevent. Rather I suggest those using the term white privilege should be prosecuted for inciting racial hatred. He's using a ladle to crack a nut!
Sculptor wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm
Fuck Off.

These are your words:

" I would simply prosecute those using terms like "white privilege" for inciting racial hatred; :"

Stupid fascist wanker.
I'm at a loss to understand your politically correct concern about causing offence!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Vitruvius wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm
Fuck Off.

These are your words:

Stupid fascist wanker.
I'm at a loss to understand your politically correct concern about causing offence!
That's okay I understand people who deny freedom of speech to people usually can't understand anyone else.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

'White privilege' is an incredibly racist and offensive term, unique in that it is used for the specific purpose (and has been extremely successful in this) of stirring up hatred and resentment against all people who supposedly 'fit' into that particular stereotypical 'group' (although 'white' is never defined).
It's unique in several ways, because it's probably used MORE often by those who are themselves in that 'group' (wokie wankers like our artist 'friend' here), and isn't generally used as a derogatory term by one group that hates another group solely for their skin tone (it would sound a bit silly to say 'fuck off white privilege' to an individual), but is used specifically to stir up hatred against a particular group of humans.
What could possibly be a more perfect example of the very definition of 'hate speech'? which just proves that so-called 'hate speech' laws are a farce, invented by wokie fuckwits like sculptor to silence argument and advance their repulsive, self-serving agenda and indulge their fetish for self-flagellation.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

If someone wants to call someone else, "privileged" then that's fine, they can knock themselves out. I just think it's a little ridiculous to call a white person who is homeless, living on the street (for example) "privileged" any more than someone with darker skin is privileged if they are homeless and living on the street.

As far as the rest of us whites, we stand on the shoulders of our ancestors who basically won the battles in the days of dog-eat-dog struggles between nations and peoples. Now we're trying to have a kinder, gentler world since the advent of nuclear weapons has made the survival of the human species even more precarious. And for that, we seem to be getting taken to the cleaners now by everyone who lost in the past, who is trying to settle old disputes. But whatever.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 pm If someone wants to call someone else, "privileged" then that's fine, they can knock themselves out. I just think it's a little ridiculous to call a white person who is homeless, living on the street (for example) "privileged" any more than someone with darker skin is privileged if they are homeless and living on the street.

As far as the rest of us whites, we stand on the shoulders of our ancestors who basically won the battles in the days of dog-eat-dog struggles between nations and peoples. Now we're trying to have a kinder, gentler world since the advent of nuclear weapons has made the survival of the human species even more precarious. And for that, we seem to be getting taken to the cleaners now by everyone who lost in the past, who is trying to settle old disputes. But whatever.
Yes, it's 'fine' when it's an individual (although the wording clearly refers to 'all members of that 'group' and even if it didn't, it's still entirely subjective--everyone has their problems), but this is a powerful term that has taken hold all over the world (thanks largely to the internet), and encompasses every individual who happens to fall into their stereotypical 'group' and it's fomenting hatred and resentment everywhere.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:59 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 pm If someone wants to call someone else, "privileged" then that's fine, they can knock themselves out. I just think it's a little ridiculous to call a white person who is homeless, living on the street (for example) "privileged" any more than someone with darker skin is privileged if they are homeless and living on the street.

Yes, it's 'fine' when it's an individual (and even 'then' it's subjective--since everyone has their problems), but this is a powerful term that has taken hold all over the world (thanks largely to the internet), and encompasses every individual who happens to fall into their stereotypical 'group' and it's fomenting hatred and resentment everywhere.
Meh. People should be free to say what they want--within reason. If something they say sparks someone else to fly a jet plane into a skyscraper then there's not much we can do about it, unless we want to censor speech. Unfortunately, it's just that there seem to be some people in the Middle East who are incapable of handling free expression.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

One group that is constantly being sneeringly referred to as 'privileged' is the British royal family. To me, they are anything BUT 'privileged'. It looks like an awful life. 'So what' if they live in elaborate (but cold and uncomfortable) homes? You still have to live with yourself. None of them seem very happy, and who would want to live in a gilded cage? There's no freedom whatsoever. You have to watch your every move and facial expression. Looks a lot like 'hell' to me.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Yes, it's 'fine' when it's an individual (and even 'then' it's subjective--since everyone has their problems), but this is a powerful term that has taken hold all over the world (thanks largely to the internet), and encompasses every individual who happens to fall into their stereotypical 'group' and it's fomenting hatred and resentment everywhere.
Meh. People should be free to say what they want. If something they say sparks someone else to fly a jet plane into a skyscraper then there's not much we can do about it, unless we want to censor speech. Unfortunately, it's just that there seem to be some people in the Middle East who are incapable of handling free expression.
Not my point. If they want 'hate speech' laws then they need to back that up by being consistent and fair and not being hypocritical arseholes.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Meh. People should be free to say what they want. If something they say sparks someone else to fly a jet plane into a skyscraper then there's not much we can do about it, unless we want to censor speech. Unfortunately, it's just that there seem to be some people in the Middle East who are incapable of handling free expression.
Not my point. If they want 'hate speech' laws then they need to back that up by being consistent and fair and not being hypocritical arseholes.
Well, hate speech laws are a different matter. I agree with you there. If there are going to be laws against hate speech then they should be applied fairly across the board.

EDIT: Of course, then it becomes a matter of how to define a speech act as "hateful." That leaves plenty of room for fudging things and calling just about anything "hate speech." That's why I think we're better off without so-called "hate speech" laws.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Well, hate speech laws are a different matter. I agree with you there. If there are going to be laws against hate speech then they should be applied fairly across the board.

EDIT: Of course, then it becomes a matter of how to define a speech act as "hateful." That leaves plenty of room for fudging things and calling just about anything "hate speech." That's why I think we're better off without so-called "hate speech" laws.
Yes, we are.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:44 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 am
blah blah blah caps blah caps blah blah random caps again blah blah blah caps blah.............
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can REFUTE in what I say. So, the ONLY comeback you have, is in what you say above. Which, by the way, says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

It would NOT matter was size letters I use, NOR if they were capitalized or not, you can NOT refute what I have been POINTING OUT and SHOWING.

You WILL NOT answer my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS Honestly and OPENLY because if you did, then you would HAVE TO CONTRADICT your OWN WORDS.
I, too, am annoyed by your use of CAPITALIZATION. Your efforts TO emphasize portions OF YOUR speech make reading INTO A chore. BUGGER OFF :mrgreen:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:42 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:38 am
Vitruvius wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 pm Tory MP says people using term ‘white privilege’ should be reported to the Home Office as extremists
Jon Stone 1 hour ago

A Conservative MP has been criticised for suggesting anyone using the term "white privilege" should be reported to the Home Office as an extremist.

The Independent has obtained a leaked recording in which Jonathan Gullis says anti-racism campaigners using the term should be referred to the government's "Prevent" programme – which is meant to track down potential terrorists.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... d=msedgntp

I agree with the underlying point, but rather than Prevent - I would simply prosecute those using terms like "white privilege" for inciting racial hatred; and the same with this person:

Chelsea fan pleads guilty to posting racist and anti-Semitic tweets
Megan Baynes, news reporter 11 hrs ago.

A Chelsea season ticket holder has pleaded guilty to posting racist, anti-Semitic and hateful tweets about football players and fans, police have said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ch ... uxbndlbing
Of course a Conservative MP would say that wouldn't he! He or even she is typically
privileged and mostly white.
Indeed.
It's just another step into the UK's descent into fascism.
This Tory MP equates the use of the phrase "white privilege" with TERRORISM. A little extreme?
Proscribed phrases is one aspect of ideological control.
Mobilising the army for domestic economic acts is another.
Cutting social programmes.
Refusal to belong to international groups.
Racially defined immigration policy. That is making the policy "hostile" to black people.
Class based funding favouring privilege, whilst defunding or denying working class pursuits.
Obsessive flag waving.
Your thoughts are applicable to other nations as well, to wit America.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

White privilege is a fact or condition that applies to many, but not all, whites. The term can be used as an epithet.

“Cracker” is an example of an epithet. It is used only for its pejorative value.

The hatred involved is present whether it is stirred up or not.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:44 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:42 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:38 am

Of course a Conservative MP would say that wouldn't he! He or even she is typically
privileged and mostly white.
Indeed.
It's just another step into the UK's descent into fascism.
This Tory MP equates the use of the phrase "white privilege" with TERRORISM. A little extreme?
Proscribed phrases is one aspect of ideological control.
Mobilising the army for domestic economic acts is another.
Cutting social programmes.
Refusal to belong to international groups.
Racially defined immigration policy. That is making the policy "hostile" to black people.
Class based funding favouring privilege, whilst defunding or denying working class pursuits.
Obsessive flag waving.
Your thoughts are applicable to other nations as well, to wit America.
Trump, and to a slightly lesser extent Biden too.