Marriage and Family

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Marriage and Family

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:05 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:26 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am
He's just Jesus with a Kalashnikov.
ANd he was the enemy of us all who did not share his belief system.
Chill your beans, that too is just a belief.
Sick puppy
Another belief.

You have actually no way of knowing that. And your only defence is to project your own experience. :mrgreen:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:23 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:26 am
Chill your beans, that too is just a belief.
Sick puppy
Another belief.

You have actually no way of knowing that. And your only defence is to project your own experience. :mrgreen:
Wow you are a sore loser.
You were wrong.
Decent people just admit it, are grateful to be corrected and move on.
Grow the fuck up
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am

Sick puppy
Another belief.

You were wrong.
Grow the fuck up
I got it wrong, so what, you are right and I am wrong, I surrender, ok

Ideas have been around forever else they would not be able to be thought about by a thinker. Time is a man-made concept, it's not real, believe it or not, I don't care.

bye the way I was responding to the sick puppy comment, you have no way of knowing that, so that makes me right, and you wrong. :mrgreen:

No one wrote the bible or the koran....why won't you believe me? :lol:
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:11 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am Bin Laden
I didn't know whether or not he was really married, or just had various concubines at his disposal. I did know he had a family, but they aren't a particularly nice one, apparently.

How did he get into this discussion?
Married and divorced, as a matter of fact. As far as I know, his ex-wife remarried and raised a fairly decent family. It's been a while since I studied that clan.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:43 am

Another belief.

You were wrong.
Grow the fuck up
fine STFU
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm Maybe you'll come back again for another go... against your consent... to learn/discover/master what you were resistant to this time. :lol:
There is no one living life, no one to come back, no one to die.
Then why have you generated so many posts about it on this forum?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 amAll these concepts are appearances, they are illusory, they are not real.
Then, why have you continually ranted about being alive against your consent?

And why have you admonished people for not loving their children enough to not have them, while refusing to answer the question for yourself?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 amEverything is already perfect just as it is.
So, why do you complain so much?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:37 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:43 am

You were wrong.
Grow the fuck up
fine STFU
ok, but who will do that? there's just what's happening...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Then why have you generated so many posts about it on this forum?
Like I've already told you, there is no thing generating anything. It only appears as if there is, as an illusory appearance.

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmThen, why have you continually ranted about being alive against your consent?
because Knowledge informs...it's another illusory appearance, but there is nothing knowing knowledge.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmAnd why have you admonished people for not loving their children enough to not have them, while refusing to answer the question for yourself?
Again, because Knowledge informs...it's another illusory appearance, but there is no thing knowing knowledge.

Knowledge is the illusory dream of separation. If you know you exist, you'd know how to make more of you, and you'll know what existence feels like. And you wouldn't want to impose it on more of you.

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmSo, why do you complain so much?
Because that's what happens in the dream, although no one is actually complaining, it only appears that way.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:54 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pm Then why have you generated so many posts about it on this forum?
Like I've already told you, there is no thing generating anything. It only appears as if there is, as an illusory appearance.
Yet, below... you say "because Knowledge informs"... that's your reason for ranting as you have... so evidently, something is being generated.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmThen, why have you continually ranted about being alive against your consent?
because Knowledge informs...it's another illusory appearance, but there is nothing knowing knowledge.
Who/what is informing and who/what is being informed?

And what does this have to do with the things you claim?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:54 pm Knowledge is the illusory dream of separation. If you know you exist, you'd know how to make more of you, and you'll know what existence feels like. And you wouldn't want to impose it on more of you.
How do you know that's how it would be?
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmSo, why do you complain so much?
Because that's what happens in the dream, although no one is actually complaining, it only appears that way.
Well, if everything is appearance, why do you distinguish (in your claims and your posts) between what is real and what isn't? And what matters and what doesn't?

If everything is a dream, are you a victim or creator in/of it? Is it limited?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:04 pm
Yet, below... you say "because Knowledge informs"... that's your reason for ranting as you have... so evidently, something is being generated.
Yes, something is apparently being generated, but that something is nothing appearing as something. Where was the something before it became known? it didn't exist did it. Same goes for you, where were you before you were born, before you existed? The fact that existence can exist at all is because of knowledge known, and that is the illusion, knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of reality, in that it is nothing other than a non-existing existence. Aka an illusion. You do not have to be ready to hear this. It's perfectly normal not to hear this, because you have been conditioned to believe you are real. And beliefs, which are just thoughts are very powerful.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pm Who/what is informing and who/what is being informed?
No one. Except within the dream of illusory separation.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmAnd what does this have to do with the things you claim?
No one is making a claim, it only appears that way.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pmHow do you know that's how it would be?
I do not know anything, I do not exist, there's just what's happening to no one and no thing, including an energy that states it does not know anything, and an energy that claims to know somethings. Nothing is doing everything.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Well, if everything is appearance, why do you distinguish (in your claims and your posts) between what is real and what isn't? And what matters and what doesn't?

If everything is a dream, are you a victim or creator in/of it? Is it limited?
Because that's what's happening, these statements being made is just what's appearing, no one is making this happen, it's just happening.

Everything known in the sense of knowledge is just blah blah blah...including this...because nothing is making it happen.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:06 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:49 am

I hear you. I'm a fool most of the time and must own that remark, unfortunately for me. I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

I just want the world to get along right now. It's very stressful for me to see so much violence. We should have been able to have just gotten out of Afghanistan cold Turkey and left it at that. Now they're talking about Afghanis who helped Americans being beheaded, tortured, etc. Apparently ISIS got involved or whatever. So we have to help those Afghanis flee. The GW Bush administration FUCKED up the world. Cheney was cold and heartless. And everyone who voted them into office bears as much responsibility for this mess as anyone who voted for Biden.
Yes they did fuck up the world, although I never did work out why the fuck the twin towers were attacked in the first place. The US had been relatively benevolent before that (I'm not saying it was exactly perfect, but it was an angel compared to what it's done to the world since 11/9).
I'd like to know who attacked the Twin Towers and why. I know Bin Laden claimed credit but I suspect it was probably wealthy people somewhere who funded and supported the attack. God knows the people who hijacked the planes were Saudi. Perhaps the Russians or Chinese had a hand in it. I don't know. But it's too late now to determine who is at fault. We need to put 9/11 behind us. It's over and done and hopefully, we've all learned lessons from it. And America needs to stop interfering in other countries. Let other countries do their thing and we have to do ours. Colonialism has ALWAYS been a bad thing. Let countries rule their own lands democratically.
I'm part way through the Netflix documentary series on 9/11 'Turning Point' and it's even more baffling why the US was attacked and not Russia. Russia started the trouble by invading Afghanistan in 1979, while the US provided the Afghan rebels with weapons to fight the Russians (for self-serving reasons, of course, but still, why attack them for it?). Bin Ladin had a privileged upbringing and wasn't even Afghan. It's all very strange and none of it makes much sense. The one certain thing is, that when you mess with a muslim country, you press the 'on' button for religious fanaticism.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 pm

Yes they did fuck up the world, although I never did work out why the fuck the twin towers were attacked in the first place. The US had been relatively benevolent before that (I'm not saying it was exactly perfect, but it was an angel compared to what it's done to the world since 11/9).
I'd like to know who attacked the Twin Towers and why. I know Bin Laden claimed credit but I suspect it was probably wealthy people somewhere who funded and supported the attack. God knows the people who hijacked the planes were Saudi. Perhaps the Russians or Chinese had a hand in it. I don't know. But it's too late now to determine who is at fault. We need to put 9/11 behind us. It's over and done and hopefully, we've all learned lessons from it. And America needs to stop interfering in other countries. Let other countries do their thing and we have to do ours. Colonialism has ALWAYS been a bad thing. Let countries rule their own lands democratically.
I'm part way through the Netflix documentary series on 9/11 'Turning Point' and it's even more baffling why the US was attacked and not Russia. Russia started the trouble by invading Afghanistan in 1979, while the US provided the Afghan rebels with weapons to fight the Russians (for self-serving reasons, of course, but still, why attack them for it?). Bin Ladin had a privileged upbringing and wasn't even Afghan. It's all very strange and none of it makes much sense. The one certain thing is, that when you mess with a muslim country, you press the 'on' button for religious fanaticism.
And when you mess with a "religious country", you press the 'on' button for religious fanaticism also. Let us not forget that in the days when this was being written EVERY country was also a "religious country".
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:57 am

And when you mess with a "religious country", you press the 'on' button for religious fanaticism also. Let us not forget that in the days when this was being written EVERY country was also a "religious country".
Which countries are you referring to?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 pm

EVERY country.

If people from other countries went to mess with ANY country, then the 'on' button for religious fanaticism is pressed.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:30 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 pm

EVERY country.

If people from other countries went to mess with ANY country, then the 'on' button for religious fanaticism is pressed.
You mean like Poland, England, Korea, Vietnam, France....? Indeed, they all reverted to religious extremism...