Marriage and Family

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Marriage and Family

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:54 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:44 pm There's an energy that moves toward comfort and pleasure, in it's drive to survive. A moving away, and avoidance of toxic physical harm is an automatic reflexive function of all sentient feeling creatures..

I wouldn't call it love, I'd call it a reflexive advantageous move away from the experience of what would otherwise have been a disadvantaged situtation.
Sure. But there is also more than that, I think... both of which I have experienced. The love of a baby or young child... so full of joy and openness and acceptance for another spirit/person they see, perhaps for the first time. It looks/feels like a pure form of love to me. Also, there is love offered quietly to another... which can be felt even if it's not talked about. It can be healing. That has been my experience.
It looks and feels like a big sack of meaningless sentimental mush to me. But what ever floats your life boat lacewing.

Do you trust yourself?
I need to be alone, simply because I know we are all being alone with our own selves all the time. I know you simply cannot know another self, you can only know you…and that goes for every other you. If you think you know another self, you will be in for a very rude awakening, that has been my experience. Quite frankly, I couldn’t really give a shit about being alive. I just happen to live aliveness because aliveness just happened to happen to me. I have no attachment to it whatsoever, I’m just enduring it. Sometimes I laugh out loud at it, other times I despair at it, either way, it’s got me, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about that.

I have many opinions about living things, I like to play around with them as if they are entertaining me somehow, and it’s something to do while I’m waiting to die. I can quite happily amuse myself all day with my own opinions, and that makes me happy.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 pm Yes they did fuck up the world, although I never did work out why the fuck the twin towers were attacked in the first place.
If you are thinking there could be some rational explanation for 9/11 (and I understand the urge to do just that), there will never be one.
No brainer.
Of course there is a reason. It's completely obvious.

If you shoot someone in the face, all I have to do is ask you why.
So you ask the drooling idiot who just shot someone why he did it, and he says, "my god told me to," and that's an explanation for you? Oh well.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pmThe rationale for 9/11 is the rationale of the aims of feelings of Osama Bin Laden and the organisation that perpetrated the crime. SInce it was an act intended for media impact, Al Queida were only too happy to tell us why.
The insane always have explanations for their actions. Only other insane take them seriously.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pmThe rationale for
Bin Laden had his reasons. It is patently obvious that the US and the rest of the west was not interested in those reasons and came up with the things that best suited their own ideology; bullshit like "they hate us for our freedom" which is bollocks.

The response over the last 20 years has had fuck all to do with those reason and was more geared to serve the interests of the West. So the "official" story of Afghanistan was coached in terms of women's rights, as that is the best thing to garner support for the underlying impetus which is to sell more weapons and to use bombs and other expensive equipment that needed constant replacement.
Following the money gives you the big answer.
Except perhaps for the level of crudity and cruelty, I see little difference between Islamic political insanity and so-called Western political insanity. Killing and maiming people, destroying property and impoverishing them is never sane, no matter who does or what absurd excuses they use.

Just out of curiosity. You think the Taliban and Isis have no interest in Money? They're just interested in producing a kinder gentler world?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:38 pm
If you are thinking there could be some rational explanation for 9/11 (and I understand the urge to do just that), there will never be one.
No brainer.

So you ask the drooling idiot who just shot someone why he did it, and he says, "my god told me to," and that's an explanation for you? Oh well.
Yes it is. That information renders not one but TWO answer.
1) That he is a drooling idiot and that
2) He thinks that god told him to do it.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pmThe rationale for 9/11 is the rationale of the aims of feelings of Osama Bin Laden and the organisation that perpetrated the crime. SInce it was an act intended for media impact, Al Queida were only too happy to tell us why.
The insane always have explanations for their actions. Only other insane take them seriously.
He was smarter and better educated than most people on this Forum and had his reasons.
Just because you don't agree with them, does not mean they were not the reasons.
You so not seem to be thinking very clearly on this matter.
Why don't you ask one of your friendly neighbourhood Christians if they do things for god?
Bin Laden had his reasons. It is patently obvious that the US and the rest of the west was not interested in those reasons and came up with the things that best suited their own ideology; bullshit like "they hate us for our freedom" which is bollocks.

The response over the last 20 years has had fuck all to do with those reason and was more geared to serve the interests of the West. So the "official" story of Afghanistan was coached in terms of women's rights, as that is the best thing to garner support for the underlying impetus which is to sell more weapons and to use bombs and other expensive equipment that needed constant replacement.
Except perhaps for the level of crudity and cruelty, I see little difference between Islamic political insanity and so-called Western political insanity. Killing and maiming people, destroying property and impoverishing them is never sane, no matter who does or what absurd excuses they use.
Once again. Just because you don't like it, does not mean they are not the reasons.

Just out of curiosity. You think the Taliban and Isis have no interest in Money? They're just interested in producing a kinder gentler world?
Why the fuck would you think that?
Get a fucking grip
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

No brainer.

Except that Bin Laden was neither insane nor stupid, and possibly not even particularly religious although he clearly understood and could manipulate religious fanaticism. Notice that he didn't directly participate in the hijackings himself.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:01 pm It looks and feels like a big sack of meaningless sentimental mush to me. But what ever floats your life boat lacewing.
And what does your big sack seem like to you? Same thing? Or do you imagine it's some kind of "bigger truth or reality"? :D

I do understand what you are saying... but I don't think it's some kind of unique view of some ultimate truth. It's just another view... another way to experience, until you die. My experience is different. Apparently we are both happy.

It makes no sense to me that life and the Universe would be so small and known as to be defined by the limited awareness of any individual human. So, if we don't know the vast potential, why not continually explore further to the best of our ability? I'm not saying you should... I'm saying, there's surely always more to explore for those who want to. Maybe you'll come back again for another go... against your consent... to learn/discover/master what you were resistant to this time. :lol:
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:52 pm
No brainer.

He was smarter and better educated than most people on this Forum and had his reasons.
Just because you don't agree with them, does not mean they were not the reasons.
Why don't you ask one of your friendly neighbourhood Christians if they do things for god?

Once again. Just because you don't like it, does not mean they are not the reasons.
I made the mistake of thinking what you meant by an explanation was some way to understand why someone did something so it could be dealt with rationally. So long as you are willing to accept the fact one's behavior is explained because they are insane and there is no rational basis for their behavior, that's OK.

Get a fucking grip
It was just an idle question based on the fact you followed your description of what you called the, "West's," response to 9/11 with, "Following the money gives you the big answer," and wondered if you thought that it was different for the millionaire Osama Bin Laden's motives or today's Taliban's motives. Nothing to fret about.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:41 pm

I made the mistake of thinking what you meant by an explanation was some way to understand why someone did something so it could be dealt with rationally.
Of course I did.
Do you think having no fucking idea of why - a postion that you seem to embrace through your ignorance is better than actually fucking knowing why??
Have you never heard of the idea "know thy enemy"?

So long as you are willing to accept the fact one's behavior is explained because they are insane and there is no rational basis for their behavior, that's OK.
BIn Laden was not insane.
You are just too unimaginative to begin to grasp his thinking.
You are just embracing your ignorance.
You prefer to be clueless because it makes you feel safe under your blanket.

Get a fucking grip
It was just an idle question based on the fact you followed your description of what you called the, "West's," response to 9/11 with, "Following the money gives you the big answer," and wondered if you thought that it was different for the millionaire Osama Bin Laden's motives or today's Taliban's motives. Nothing to fret about.
Maybe you should outline BIn Laden's financial gain as assocaited with 9/11 as you seem to think this is relevant here
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 pm Have you never heard of the idea "know thy enemy"?
First of all, Bin Laden was never my enemy. I'm probably the last person in the world he would have any interest in and never would have been a threat to me or mine. But if by some impossible situation I might have come across him, knowing he was a Muslim nut, I'd simply evade him, as I do all other dangerous unpredictable crackpots.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 pm Bin Laden was not insane.
He believed, practiced, and promoted the worst if Islamic teaching. He was a millionaire playboy in Saudi Arabia and got himself kicked out for his radicalism, went to the Sudan and lost most of his fortune and spent the rest of his life pursuing radical Muslim terrorism. I think that's a little less than playing with a full deck.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am Bin Laden
I didn't know whether or not he was really married, or just had various concubines at his disposal. I did know he had a family, but they aren't a particularly nice one, apparentlly.

How did he get into this discussion?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm
And what does your big sack seem like to you? Same thing? Or do you imagine it's some kind of "bigger truth or reality"? :D
As far as I am aware, there is no "bigger truth or reality" or anything happening. All happenings, including opinions and thoughts and feelings etc...are appearances only, they're all illusory, not real.
No thing is making appearances appear, or happen. There is only boundless energy appearing as a contracted energy in the form of 'apparent' knowing, in essence there's just boundless energy, which is no thing being every thing. Same thing.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pmI do understand what you are saying... but I don't think it's some kind of unique view of some ultimate truth. It's just another view... another way to experience, until you die. My experience is different. Apparently we are both happy.
Well yes, there are many appearances (views) but there is no ultimate truth that can explain these views, (appearances)
Reality is nondual, and will always remain a mystery even to itself. All truth claims are appearances only. No one is making appearances happen, there's just what's happening. When 'you' or 'me' claim to know anything at all, that too will be just what's happening - it'll be nothing other than boundless energy appearing as a contracted energy who apparently can only report it's knowledge of how it's feeling, or knowing, or seeming to be. Ultimately there is no thing doing this. This is not some ultimate truth claim, it's just an appearance of boundless energy appearing as a contracted ultimate truth claim, no thing in reality, is actually making truth claims, or truthing. This message can only be listened to, not explained..
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pmIt makes no sense to me that life and the Universe would be so small and known as to be defined by the limited awareness of any individual human.
Well there is no such thing as a limited individual human, except as an illusory contracted appearance of unlimited boundless energy. There is no thing being aware, awareness is already this boundless no thing appearing as everything.
Boundless energy does apparently appear as a contracted energy in the form of limitation, appearing as though it's an awareness bound by that appearance only, but in reality there is only boundless unlimited energy appearing as limitation.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm So, if we don't know the vast potential, why not continually explore further to the best of our ability?
There is no seeker. There's just what's happening, and sometimes this boundless energy appears as a seeker, but it won't find anything, since it is everything.

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm I'm not saying you should... I'm saying, there's surely always more to explore for those who want to. Maybe you'll come back again for another go... against your consent... to learn/discover/master what you were resistant to this time. :lol:
There is no one living life, no one to come back, no one to die. All these concepts are appearances, they are illusory, they are not real. No thing is real, there's just what's happening to no one. Boundless energy is an only child. This message is a hopeless awful message to the reader who has been conditioned from birth into believing it is real, when it's not. Some people will hear the message, others will reject it outright, but either way, that too is just what's happening. There is nothing that can be done about anything that happens because that's exactly what will be happening. Everything is already perfect just as it is.

Also just to be clear, there is no one writing this message, and no one reading it, and no one trying to understand it. It's all just what's happening.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Why stop there ... left is right, up is down, in is out, backwards is progressive, war is peace, passion is impersonal, stupid is smart, bad is good, sick is well. Oy vey.

:roll:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:47 am Why stop there ... left is right, up is down, in is out, backwards is progressive, war is peace, passion is impersonal, stupid is smart, bad is good, sick is well. Oy vey.

:roll:
Yes, this too is apparently what is happening.

Got any more?

Go for it.

No one makes non-sense up.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 pm Have you never heard of the idea "know thy enemy"?
First of all, Bin Laden was never my enemy.
:lol: :lol: ANd you call HIM crazy.!!
I'm probably the last person in the world he would have any interest in and never would have been a threat to me or mine. But if by some impossible situation I might have come across him, knowing he was a Muslim nut, I'd simply evade him, as I do all other dangerous unpredictable crackpots.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:47 pm Bin Laden was not insane.
He believed, practiced, and promoted the worst if Islamic teaching. He was a millionaire playboy in Saudi Arabia and got himself kicked out for his radicalism, went to the Sudan and lost most of his fortune and spent the rest of his life pursuing radical Muslim terrorism. I think that's a little less than playing with a full deck.
He's just Jesus with a Kalashnikov.
ANd he was the enemy of us all who did not share his belief system.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am
Chill your beans, that too is just a belief.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:26 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am
Chill your beans, that too is just a belief.
Sick puppy