American Marxism

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: American Marxism

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:46 pm The universe has no need for your gift of Christ.
We'll see.

Be careful what you refuse.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:18 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:46 pm The universe has no need for your gift of Christ.
We'll see.

Be careful what you refuse.
I guess the 500 million flatworms that didn't make it to the egg are the lucky one's then, eh? Those lucky ones live in total ignorance and bliss of never knowing they exist. Of never knowing they have a need to exist.

You're just a random, mindless, walking, talking flatworm IC, always was, is, and ever will be. Refusal to accept the truth is why flatworms like you cling to belief, faith and desperate hope, due to the extremely misguided and irrational terrible fear that arises from the apperception of it's own impending doom, and mortality. In that fear, escapism, comfort and solace is sought in religion, a desperate cure for death was the only remedy to assuage that pain. Sad, but true.

But, like you said, we'll see.

We'll all see when the time comes. Except it never comes, does it Mr Flatworm? It never comes, nothing ever happened did it, refusal of truth is futile, acceptance is the key.

You see, we've all got TRUTHS to sell. Even though you cannot buy gifts for a universe that has no need for one.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:37 am Mr Flatworm
Other than the puerile attempts at insult and the vain attempts at provocation, do you have anything to say, anything of substance, anything remotely challenging, interesting, insightful or of value?

Because this is desperately boring, unchallenging and totally irrelevant; and I'm going to leave you to play in your own mud if you don't come up with something better, and soon.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:37 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:37 am Mr Flatworm
Other than the puerile attempts at insult and the vain attempts at provocation, do you have anything to say, anything of substance, anything remotely challenging, interesting, insightful or of value?

Because this is desperately boring, unchallenging and totally irrelevant; and I'm going to leave you to play in your own mud if you don't come up with something better, and soon.
OOh, more threats...

Take what you need, it's your need. Flush any surplus.

The universe doesn't need anything, it is everything. To give the awe of being to imaginary powers strips the awareness of man to that of a beggar and is a tragedy that would put the Greeks to shame.

I am speaking of the self and it's highly evolved functions and support systems which sustain it's personal pseudo-reality.

It's "higher powers" are merely a tool used to triangulate itself in the dream and assume a location.

When the charade is seen through......there is no location......no relativity.....no self.

And that apperception is all that "enlightenment" really is.

No show, no you. It's all you you you you you ....a need that doesn't need to be. :shock:

''Need'' is a man-made fictional theatric. Hope you are as bored with the show as much as I am.

The show must go on, and it does, because you're always in need of more of it.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:11 am OOh, more threats...
Nope. Just a promise.

You don't have to care. And I don't have to bother. Everything here is voluntary. If you've got nothing to say, I've got no obligation to care if you choose merely to rattle on with silly nonsense.

So offer something intelligent, or don't. And I'll bother with it or not, depending on what you do.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:29 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:11 am OOh, more threats...
Nope. Just a promise.

You don't have to care. And I don't have to bother. Everything here is voluntary. If you've got nothing to say, I've got no obligation to care if you choose merely to rattle on with silly nonsense.

So offer something intelligent, or don't. And I'll bother with it or not, depending on what you do.
I've offered you countless times, plenty of intelligent, rational, logical sound arguments. But it seems you only want to hear what suits your own construed ideologies, which you are more than entitled to have, since they will always be your own subjective self bias opinions. We've all got a story to tell, or sell. You though, very often, ignore, or just plain refuse to address points I've made. You take satisfaction in placing a tick or a cross on maybe one, or two and even three words if I am lucky. . it's as if you cannot be bothered with them, as if it's beneath you to be bothered, since it's as though you see yourself as in some ''higher placed'' position, like a schoolteacher marking an exam paper.

It's a fact that you're entire persona exudes a strong whiff of misogynistic narcissism everyone but you is able to see. You seem unable to get past yourself, this does not go unnoticed by the majority of posters you speak to here. Only you it seems are in denial. You simply cannot get over yourself. So be it.

My job is to debunk all your ridiculous false beliefs. It's as though you are so certain of your God, you are unable to come up with a rational argument to defend what can only be your own subjective self bias view. A view about things you only think you know. So you can only pretend to know...as for me, I know I do not know anything. * I know that anything I do know is just a pretense. . via the drawing upon knowledge on demand, which is bascially drawn from dead stuff...aka the past...in essence, the past is what gives illusory autonomy to the continuity of a knower in the here and now...which is unknowable, and not-knowing *
Prove me wrong about that???

That closing bolded statement about dead stuff, is what you refuse to look at. And yet you talk about challenges, yet are too afraid of them to bother with. It's been an absolute displeasure talking with you.

Bye the way, I've asked you some really interesting thought provoking questions many times, and you've ignored them all, because, I'm assuming they have opposed your own narrative. And we can't have that can we, we cannot or even dare to oppose you, God fobid if anyone dares to oppose you.

You're a vile person. You really are.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:15 am ...you're entire persona
That would be "your," and you're ad hominem again.

Since you have nothing else, there's nothing more to discuss.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

gaffo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:22 am
DPMartin wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:30 pm
Skepdick wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:46 pm
Marx once said "The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.".

If anybody who wants to change the world is a Marxist, then I don't think I have ever met any non-Marxists.
i don't think so, Gates changed the world, Ford changed the world, there are ways to change the world without trying to get everyone else to do it for you like a Marxist would.

Ford changed the world. IBM should have with their OS/2 - but being a corp was slow to move - Gates threw OS/2 IBM agreement overbouard and made his inferior Wondoz, whcin via mass numbers forced to rulez the computers - thouyh the least in capability. so Gates won out due to not him, but to IBM donisaur. GTate won in spite of himself.

windoz remains the worst operating system from the early 90-- to today. OS/2 was lightyears better - tehn BE-OS - then Linux from the mid 90's to 30 yr later!!!!!!!! yet we are still stuck with windoz - due to numbrs - not merit.

I rem installing Slackware 2.0 in 98 - on my lowely winchip-2 - ran circls around my same install of windoz 95 at the time - but having to re-compile the fking kirnal to get soundblaster 16 sound and get my Zip drive to works - s a PIA. but at the time (and p[rob today too) Linux ran narly twice as fast as windoz did on the same computer.
this is kind of off subject, and you're correct that windows isn't the best, but its the best bang for the buck, and that's why there is so many PC's in use.

IBM os2 was expensive and any other up and coming was also. and windows or more accurately dos was open to anyone able to figure out how to make it do things useful, os2 and apple where not.

if it was up to IBM or apple you'd pay four times as much for your digital toys
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:23 pm ad hominem again.
Tell me about it sinner! :twisted:

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:23 pmSince you have nothing else, there's nothing more to discuss.
It's you who have nothing. You only pretend to have 'else'...and you don't like being informed of that, do you.

We're all sinners, whose disobedience to some made-up nonsensical invisible authority, according to your belief, deserve nothing more than the wrath of hell fire.

Inform me now, know it all, what's the difference between my hominid brain farting machine, and yours ?
Oh that's right, the IC brain farts are holier than thou.

It's you who have nothing. You've never had an argument to make. Why would you. Unless you've got ''else'' ...you know, that fictional conceptual add on, that ridiculous story you keep pumping out like a hyena on steroids...the one you are hopelessly addicted to because you know deep down that you are absolutely nothing without it.

Just keep deluding yourself loser.

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

DPMartin wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:44 pm
DPMartin wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:30 pm

i don't think so, Gates changed the world, Ford changed the world, there are ways to change the world without trying to get everyone else to do it for you like a Marxist would.

Ford changed the world. IBM should have with their OS/2 - but being a corp was slow to move - Gates threw OS/2 IBM agreement overbouard and made his inferior Wondoz, whcin via mass numbers forced to rulez the computers - thouyh the least in capability. so Gates won out due to not him, but to IBM donisaur. GTate won in spite of himself.

windoz remains the worst operating system from the early 90-- to today. OS/2 was lightyears better - tehn BE-OS - then Linux from the mid 90's to 30 yr later!!!!!!!! yet we are still stuck with windoz - due to numbrs - not merit.

I rem installing Slackware 2.0 in 98 - on my lowely winchip-2 - ran circls around my same install of windoz 95 at the time - but having to re-compile the fking kirnal to get soundblaster 16 sound and get my Zip drive to works - s a PIA. but at the time (and p[rob today too) Linux ran narly twice as fast as windoz did on the same computer.
this is kind of off subject, and you're correct that windows isn't the best, but its the best bang for the buck, and that's why there is so many PC's in use.

IBM os2 was expensive and any other up and coming was also. and windows or more accurately dos was open to anyone able to figure out how to make it do things useful, os2 and apple where not.

ya, i ran OS/2 V"VARP" warp - rem the adds with the nums? - and even bought verson 4 and ran on my AMD 486-100, so ya - and Warp was great! on par linux. but sadly wondoz won out.

Varp is dead as Sun's unix -(BE-OS anyon? Power Computing anyone?) due to proprietary, only Liux remains due to opensource - but also due to that - no ned to money to survive - the drivers support still sucks - no money in making drivers for and no will to ogen source hardware to make drivers to support......so ya linux on the desktop 20 yrs ago to today is still.1-pecent.;-(.

still pisses me off though - i had a lowly winchip2 runing circls around the same setup on windoz 23 yr ago. and i know today even we have native linux apps like GIMP, Inkscape, Ktira and Blender - that run 10-20 percent faster under thier original native os - linusx verse their ported version under windoz - but as lopng as i can't get driver to works i have to run these great apps under dozz and 10-20 slower than need be - or sellout and shell out fo a mac and its walld garden os-X to run then at full potential.

so ya still made - 20 yrs later..........lol.

windoz kernal is still shit NT - why make it good if you have 85-percent of the market?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

gaffo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:04 am

ya, i ran OS/2 V"VARP" warp - rem the adds with the nums? - and even bought verson 4 and ran on my AMD 486-100, so ya - and Warp was great! on par linux. but sadly wondoz won out.

Varp is dead as Sun's unix -(BE-OS anyon? Power Computing anyone?) due to proprietary, only Liux remains due to opensource - but also due to that - no ned to money to survive - the drivers support still sucks - no money in making drivers for and no will to ogen source hardware to make drivers to support......so ya linux on the desktop 20 yrs ago to today is still.1-pecent.;-(.

still pisses me off though - i had a lowly winchip2 runing circls around the same setup on windoz 23 yr ago. and i know today even we have native linux apps like GIMP, Inkscape, Ktira and Blender - that run 10-20 percent faster under thier original native os - linusx verse their ported version under windoz - but as lopng as i can't get driver to works i have to run these great apps under dozz and 10-20 slower than need be - or sellout and shell out fo a mac and its walld garden os-X to run then at full potential.

windoz kernal is still shit NT - why make it good if you have 85-percent of the market?
i think dos 5 is the best micro-nazi ever did, and speed wise yea the more computer you get the more they use to do the same crap. hence you never really experience the difference unless your computer is a few steps ahead.

anyway been away from such since 05 so there much i'm not aware of now but its the same players putting out the same crap
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

DPMartin wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:59 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:04 am

i think dos 5 is the best micro-nazi ever did, and speed wise yea the more computer you get the more they use to do the same crap. hence you never really experience the difference unless your computer is a few steps ahead.

anyway been away from such since 05 so there much i'm not aware of now but its the same players putting out the same crap
ya, i stopped "tinkering" around 05 too. I waited for the "yr of the linux destop from 98-2005 - then noted the war between Gnome and KDE (always liked K myself) - and seeign theiy fighting within camp of Linux - instead of unified against wiindoz just said fuck it/them and linuix desktop - 15+ yr ago.

I note Mint since that time in back of mind, and note its still around and seems the best optio today (I like SuSE in the late 90's - but she had fallen off over the years to where today? - not sure - the whole not offering vid codex playback via install was a PIA - so ya fk em.

I just bought a new PC - since 2012, mayb i'll try Mint - AGAIN...........maybe this time my net card and vid card will be sen on intall - unlike 10 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!! - we'll see.

there is only so much bullshit i will put up with. i refuse to live in a the walled garden of Apple (M1 - she is a beauty - too bad walled off to Apples OS), I loathe Windoz- not because its proprietry but because is crap - well maybe some for proprietry - since apple os is propriettery - but not crap!!!!!!- windoz is both!!!!!

same reason i post here via Vivaldi web browser - propreitery via chrome...........but was a long as in lllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time Opera uer since Opra 2.0 via late 90's. Opera sold out to some chinese company 10 yrs ago - then heard of vivialdi ant adoted it via the same user experience/interface since 2014 - and been in viviadi since. ya would love them to be opensource, but not oh well - compared to Firefox they are bettter for me so i choose the then over openscource..

in the idial world i choos opensourse of course

maybe mint will have decent divice drivers tis time around and i will be able to use linux over windz on my next PC - i hpe - divece drivers were always the problem with linux for me - recompiling the linux kirnal to get my syquest drive was a days fun -- not - i did and sound blarster 16 to work too - back in 98 - but i too fuckig old now to go throgh all that bullhist now.

I really want to learn Blender (I have experience with rendering sicne the 90's and like doing so) i know Bender is 20-pe\cent faster under Linux than windoz - but not willing to fck with linux if it requairs days of driver troublels - agains.........and will just sufer blender under windoz 1/3 slower.........over the last alternative - buying a m1 apple and being walled in to thier os garden.

so ya we must pick our poisons.

It clear than ARM arch is 25-percent faster and 50 pecent less popwer. but as long ans the m1 or m1x and m2 are walled off to apple os - and not opened up to linux, they are of no interest to me.

sadly.

I do think arm is the future - moorse law is dead, so arm will never bee 2-3 ties baster than x86 - but she will be 25-percent at all times with a good arm chip to compete - sadly the other "open OS" arm chip i the microst surface one by samsung and it seem to be 2-gererations behind zen-3/m1 - so ya buy the dog and be able to zun in on windowz or linux and not the walled garden - or buy the fast beast beind the walled garden - i choose neither and so bought a zen-3 system.

eventually there will be a decent samsug arm chip that is equaivalent to the m1/m1x/m2 in 3 yrs hense, so not worreid about apple closing off arm (fk Nvidia is buying arm - and they are all about windozs combatability - so i xpect they will have a beast before samsung that runs on windoz and linx - nividia have a history of companency - and unlike apple, i think will will make a arm beast that will run on windoz/linux/freebsd/etc.............if they know what is good for them busines wisz, and i think they do

but it will take them 3 yrs to make siad chip.........in the mean time i will just use a zen3 - ro maybe even zen 4 in a couple of yr.

thanks for reply btw.
Treeflea

Post by Treeflea »

I have not met a "Marxist" in decades. By "Marxist," I mean someone that believes in the inevitability of the dictatorship of the proletariat. I am open to other definitions as well.
On Youtube I hear a lot of "AOC" and her Democratic Socialist friends are "Marxist," but I don't buy it. I'm trying to say that in spite of right-wing writers,
the world has few Marxists.

Marxist deal with a huge contradiction, one, capitalism will destroy itself because of its uneven development and other internal issues, like eating its resources (global warming, rain forests, and more). Two, the proletariat will finally gain class consciousness and overcome the ruling class. Personally, I don't see class consciousness bringing about a socialist revolution or degrading social conditions for that matter (global warming now). I see capitalism dragging us into an unsustainable planet.

I'm not a Marxist. I stand to be corrected because I have not studied Marx and Engles or Marxism in decades. I do sort of recall a comment attribute to Marx. He disowned what passed for "Marxism" in his own lifetime. Now, I'm pulling memory cobwebs loose as I write these words.

I agree that capitalism as we know it is unsustainable on this finite planet with inappropriate technology and a growing human population.
Speaking of political economy, that's what Marx was doing I thought, critiquing political economy, I think that we'd gain a bit by returning our thoughts to Malthus, less the bigotry.

My thing is to learn about environmental ethics rather than revisiting Marxism. I could not pass up this topic without adding it.
I enjoy this forum to no end, and I only began using it within the hour; I've searched for a forum like this for years Then the magazine popped up on Amazon! I'm pleased.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Yeah Levin just put it out, didn't he? He even used bold and imposing caps lock on the cover: MARXISM

I sent him an email and told him I'd give him a thousand dollars if he could recite to me just one of the planks of the communist manifesto without googling it. And not even verbatim. He could just kinda recite one.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 am Yeah Levin just put it out, didn't he? He even used bold and imposing caps lock on the cover: MARXISM

I sent him an email and told him I'd give him a thousand dollars if he could recite to me just one of the planks of the communist manifesto without googling it. And not even verbatim. He could just kinda recite one.
So, pro, are you a commie, or just commie sympathetic?