Chicago Mayor Is Being Unreasonable

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Chicago Mayor Is Being Unreasonable

Post by Gary Childress »

Apparently, two wrongs make a right. A black mayor only grants exclusive interviews specifically to journalists of color and excludes white journalists. God only knows what idiots voted for her. So much for diversity. Seems she doesn't believe in it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/light ... d=msedgntp
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Re: Chicago Mayor Is a Loon

Post by Walker »

Beetlejuice.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

A black mayor only grants exclusive interviews specifically to journalists of color and excludes white journalists.

OMG! Manufactured outrage!

You have to read that story very carefully to discover that Lightfoot does not exclude white journalists. It isn't happening. It is made up.

It is made up by white media to engender faux outrage among their white viewers and readers in order to mobilise white-majority opposition to black people. Let that sink in.

Let that sink in. White power is telling lies about blacks in order to stoke resentment and conflict.

So much for post-racist America.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Geez, how 'carefully' do you have to read it? :lol: :lol:
How suprising that the resident woketurd would defend the racist/sexist bitch. How dare journalists be white and male!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:36 am A black mayor only grants exclusive interviews specifically to journalists of color and excludes white journalists.

OMG! Manufactured outrage!

You have to read that story very carefully to discover that Lightfoot does not exclude white journalists. It isn't happening. It is made up.

It is made up by white media to engender faux outrage among their white viewers and readers in order to mobilise white-majority opposition to black people. Let that sink in.

Let that sink in. White power is telling lies about blacks in order to stoke resentment and conflict.

So much for post-racist America.
From what I read the mayor is excluding white journalists from exclusive interviews with her. I didn't see where that was retracted from the story. This line seems to say it:
In May, Lightfoot said the one-on-one interviews that mark the two-year anniversary of her inauguration would not be offered to white reporters.
There's also this statement from a witness:
"I am a Latino reporter [at the Chicago Tribune] whose interview request was granted for today," reporter Gregory Pratt tweeted. "However, I asked the mayor’s office to lift its condition on others and when they said no, we respectfully canceled. Politicians don’t get to choose who covers them."
Definitely commend Mr. Pratt for taking a stand versus just going for the interview. Well done.

If you could point out the line where it says that isn't happening, I'll retract my statement.

If you're white then I would think you should be concerned too when people of color turn around and start doing the same things that have now been outlawed by society as being racist. Or do you think two wrongs make a right? If she wants to grant exclusive interviews to specific journalists that she likes, then that is fine, however, to base it on skin color doesn't set much of a precedent for mutual cooperation.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Re: Chicago Mayor Is Being Unreasonable

Post by Gary Childress »

I changed the title of the thread if that helps.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:28 pm I changed the title of the thread if that helps.
No. It's another pathetic backpedal.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:28 pm I changed the title of the thread if that helps.
No. It's another pathetic backpedal.
Sorry about that. :|
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:36 am OMG! Manufactured outrage!
104 people shot this weekend in Chicago. 19 dead. How many "of colour"?

And the Mayor of Chicago just doubled down on her commitment to discrimination in favour of black journalists...ironcially, in an interview with a white journalist. She says that the reason she ran was "to disrupt the status quo."

Meanwhile, nobody cares that she's black or a lesbian, because the people of Chicago elected her. But she's still whining, and still pretending her policing policy has nothing to do with the unparallelled numbers of shot and dead black folks she's "manufactured."

So yeah, she's "manufactured" a lot of racism and a lot of setbacks for people of colour in Chicago, so "outrage" is warranted.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:16 pmFrom what I read the mayor is excluding white journalists from exclusive interviews with her.
In May, Lightfoot said the one-on-one interviews that mark the two-year anniversary of her inauguration would not be offered to white reporters.
So Lightfoot's inauguration happened on a single day in May. It follows that the two-year anniversary was another single day in May. The interviews may well have been conducted beforehand, but they were all for pieces that marked the anniversary, most of which would have appeared on the same day. May was a while back and the anniversary is similarly fading from memory. What made you think that the present tense, as in "grants exclusive interviews" and "excludes", is not a terrible misrepresentation?

"Politicians don’t get to choose who covers them."

Lightfoot was not denying white journalists the right to "cover" her, as in "write reports and opinion pieces" about her. She was choosing not to give interviews to white journalists. I think it was maybe unwise of her to make her racial criterion explicit like that, but she has an absolute right to choose who she grants one-to-one interviews to.

This whole Politicians-don’t-get-to-choose-interviewers shtick is right-wing nonsense (on a par with "The Senate doesn't confirm nominees to the Supreme Court in an election year"). Trump didn't give interviews to everyone who wanted one, ffs. On the contrary he actually banned whole organisations from sending any reporters to White House press briefings! I thought that was an affront to democracy but I don't remember any of you guys getting upset about it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Imagine the uproar if a white public employee refused to grant interviews to black journalists.

The woke are such fucking hypocritical, up-themselves morons.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pmshe's "manufactured" a lot of racism
And the 2020 Olympic gold for saying something utterly stupid goes to ...

:roll:
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Imagine the uproar if a white public employee refused to grant interviews to black journalists.

It would be a little louder than the uproar that greeted Lightfoot's stance back in May. But not much.

But here's the thing; white journalists are not a protected minority, because a) they are far from being a minority and b) their racial group isn't disadvantaged. Is that so hard to understand? Of course it is, if you're brain dead.

A spokeswoman for Oklahoma’s governor refused tquestions from a Black reporter
Last edited by mickthinks on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

mickthinks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:55 pm Imagine the uproar if a white public employee refused to grant interviews to black journalists.

It would be a little louder than the uproar that greeted Lightfoot's stance back in May. But not much.

But here's the thing; white journalists are not a protected minority, because a) they are far from being a minority and b) their racial group aren't disadvantaged. Is that so hard to understand? Of course it is, if you're brain dead.

A spokeswoman for Oklahoma’s governor refused tquestions from a Black reporter
Eeek, there go the hairs on the back of my neck again...So individuals don't exist in your teeny little woke-brain then. Racism is racism, braindead.
So she only wants woke 'journalists' who happen to be black--not objective journalists. In other words she wants to disappear from public view.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:41 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pmshe's "manufactured" a lot of racism
And the 2020 Olympic gold for saying something utterly stupid goes to ...
She's the only one around who cares that she's a black lesbian. The people of Chicago don't care, because they voted for her. The rest of us don't care, because she's not doing anything to us. The only one who's ginning up the "race" talk is the mayor herself. Nobody else cares.

So she's the only racist in the house.