CRT: Whiteness is Inherently Evil

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: CRT: Whiteness is Inherently Evil

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:45 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:01 am First do you think it is a bad idea to teach these truths?
( slavery, segregation, the Ku Klux Klan and the fact that blacks are more likely to be stopped, arrested and killed by the police.)
If you think there will be less racism by stirring it up at every opportunity, I guess teaching those things in government-child-day-prisons (err, public schools) should do it.
I've not hinted at what I think.
I am simply enquiring as to the answers to 3 simple questions.

DO you think that racism is going to end by making it illegal to discuss race issues in the classroom and university?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 pm DO you think that racism is going to end by making it illegal to discuss race issues in the classroom and university?
Racism will keep us discussing racism long after historical racism is effectively dead, it seems.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:45 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 pm DO you think that racism is going to end by making it illegal to discuss race issues in the classroom and university?
Racism will keep us discussing racism long after historical racism is effectively dead, it seems.
You mean exactly like god
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:01 am First do you think it is a bad idea to teach these truths?
( slavery, segregation, the Ku Klux Klan and the fact that blacks are more likely to be stopped, arrested and killed by the police.)
If you think there will be less racism by stirring it up at every opportunity, I guess teaching those things in government-child-day-prisons (err, public schools) should do it.

DO you think that racism is going to end by making it illegal to discuss race issues in the classroom and university?
I don't think anything should be illegal, and I certainly don't think governments should have anything to do with education.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:49 am

I don't think anything should be illegal, and I certainly don't think governments should have anything to do with education.
It works fine as long as it's not being influenced by religious fuckwits like sculptor and mickstinks.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:00 amI believe [to be confirmed*] what those who bills that opposed supposedly CRT are actually in relation to the toxic elements of CRT and not CRT as an academic subject nor the facts [warts and all] of American History.
If there were toxic elements of CRT as an academic subject, Rufo, FOX and sundry right wing provocateurs wouldn't have to change the meaning of CRT to include "the entire range of cultural constructions that are unpopular with Americans." There are fuckwits on both sides of this argument, both sets of whom would have you believe that there are only fuckwits, and if you are not one type of fuckwit, you are the other. As far as this argument goes, it is silly to pretend that racism doesn't exist, just as it is silly to think that some thought police will ever stop everyone having racist thoughts. We are stuck with racism and wokeism because some people really are fuckwits and quite a lot of the rest are very impressionable. What can be eliminated, at least in principle, are laws that tolerate or even sanction racism, and bearing in mind we don't wake up to fresh laws each day, it is entirely possible there are still laws on the books from times when slavery and segregation were legal. I don't think investigating that possibility with a view to challenging it makes you a racist, but there is a compelling argument that resisting does.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:01 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:38 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:51 pm

First do you think it is a bad idea to teach these truths?

And what makes you think that these ideas are widely taught?

Are you not aware that in some places it is banned to teach this history?
Note my response to the point above.

I am aware the toxic CRT elements had not be exposed widely YET but only in some schools [as evident].

The purpose of the Bills [assuming they are similar to Trump's executive order] is to set the limit to ensure subjective opinions* are not taken as the facts of history. I don't believe anyone will dispute what are generally accepted facts.

* Examples of Subjective Opinions as listed herein,
Trump's Executive Order on Critical Race Theory
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33239

Show me evidence where "in some places it is banned to teach this history" i.e. the generally accepted facts of American History re racism and slavery.
Thank you for avoiding these simple 3 questions.
I'll ask them again.

(Arkansas, Idaho, Oklahohma)

https://www.newsweek.com/critical-race- ... es-1599712
I have already responded to the question earlier,
viewtopic.php?p=518041#p518041

Not avoiding but don't want to repeat.
Veritas Aequitas

You are very ignorant.

Racism is one of the main evils within humanity as with Slavery and killings.

One point is, ALL humans are "programmed" with an inherent continuous improvements program to progress in time for the better.

Note the trend of progress of slavery [evil] from 10,000 years ago to the present [2021] where all sovereign nations has banned chattel slavery. The progress with slavery is so evident and it will continue to progress along with the inherent continuous improvements program.

Following the path of the progress of the evil of slavery is the progress of the evil of racism.
You cannot deny there are significant progress with racism, e.g. we got rid of Hitler and suppressed Nazism, KKK and other racists elements. The Rwandan genocide has converted Rwanda to be the least racist country in the World.
The solution to the progress is progressing slow and we have to expedite it with balanced approaches.

The solutions to dealing and resolving the problem of evil [racism being one type of evil] is via Morality and Ethics [promoting the Good]. This will take time and patience.

However the impatient approaches taken by the CRTists are self-defeating, antagonistic, divisive and contribute to violence and more evil. This so evident.
Note the the saying "United we Stand, Divided we Fall" and CRTists toxicities are generating the fallings.
If I am 'white' with the way the CRTists are degrading the 'whites' I would not give a damn to help them to progress given that evolutionary wise they [majority] do need help and crutches.
Veritas Aequitas

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:30 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:00 amI believe [to be confirmed*] what those who bills that opposed supposedly CRT are actually in relation to the toxic elements of CRT and not CRT as an academic subject nor the facts [warts and all] of American History.
If there were toxic elements of CRT as an academic subject, Rufo, FOX and sundry right wing provocateurs wouldn't have to change the meaning of CRT to include "the entire range of cultural constructions that are unpopular with Americans."

There are fuckwits on both sides of this argument, both sets of whom would have you believe that there are only fuckwits, and if you are not one type of fuckwit, you are the other.

As far as this argument goes, it is silly to pretend that racism doesn't exist, just as it is silly to think that some thought police will ever stop everyone having racist thoughts.
We are stuck with racism and wokeism because some people really are fuckwits and quite a lot of the rest are very impressionable.
What can be eliminated, at least in principle, are laws that tolerate or even sanction racism, and bearing in mind we don't wake up to fresh laws each day, it is entirely possible there are still laws on the books from times when slavery and segregation were legal.
I don't think investigating that possibility with a view to challenging it makes you a racist, but there is a compelling argument that resisting does.
There are toxic elements in CRT as an academic subject.
As an academic subject, anything goes, the good, the bad and the very ugly are open for discussions.
The problem is when the toxic elements in CRT are adopted by overzealous CRTists as an ideology and promoted in society without legal or moral restraint.

Suggest you read this;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_ ... #Criticism
  • 5 Criticism
    5.1 Academic
    5.2 Political controversies
    • 5.2.1 1990s
      5.2.2 2010s
      5.2.3 2020s
      5.2.3.1 Australia
      5.2.3.2 United Kingdom
      5.2.3.3 United States
The toxic elements of CRT were then translated to such crazy ideas as;
  • An example of an instrumentalist approach is attorney Johnnie Cochran's defense in the O. J. Simpson murder case, in which Cochran urged the jury to acquit Simpson in spite of the evidence against him, in a form of jury nullification as payback for the United States' racist past.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_ ... #Criticism
Since the above, the CRTists had been infecting various aspect of society [especially in the USA] to even the K12 schools students as evident [from Rufo and others].

I noted the following;
REVEALED: $55K-a-year Corlears elementary school in Manhattan is among dozens in the US teaching children from book featuring 'whiteness' contract with the devil
The book, Not My Idea by Anastasia Higginbotham, features a demonic-looking figure that offers a 'whiteness contract'
The contract grants 'stolen land and riches' to anyone who signs it, but it will 'mess endlessly' with the lives of loved ones and all people of color
Corlears School in Manhattan, which charges $55,000 a year tuition for pre-K to fifth grade students, has recommended the book for children over 8 years old

The book posits: 'Whiteness is a bad deal. It always was.'

It also asks white readers to fight white supremacy, saying that they are also gaining their own liberation in opposition to it.

'White supremacy has been lying to kids for centuries,' the book reads. 'White supremacy is pretend. But the consequences are real.'

Also according to the book: 'Skin color makes a difference in how the world sees you and in how you see the world,' and 'your skin color affects the most ordinary daily experiences.'

'Racism is a [W]hite person's problem and we are all caught up in it,' it continues.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... devil.html
You may condemned the Daily Mail as a tabloid but the news can be triangulated coherently with other supporting evidences.

If you are "white" would you want the above to be taught to your very young children?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

If governments had noting to do with education then you would not be able to read and write.
Pity the government provision of education had not gone far enough to teach you how to think.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:04 am

If governments had noting to do with education then you would not be able to read and write.
Pity the government provision of education had not gone far enough to teach you how to think.
Yes, we all have to live with our shortcomings. I'll manage without your pity, or your government, thank you very much. I'm happy to be a free autodidact and polymath (since, in my ignorance, I do not regard anything else as erudition).

I hope your masters treat you kindly. You are obviously well trained, err, I mean educated.

[Truth is, I'm always disappointed when we disagree, Sculptor. I really think you have a first rate mind.]
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:49 am
Yes, we all have to live with our shortcomings. I'll manage without your pity, or your government, thank you very much. I'm happy to be a free autodidact and polymath (since, in my ignorance, I do not regard anything else as erudition).

[Truth is, I'm always disappointed when we disagree, Sculptor. I really think you have a first rate mind.]
That is very nice of you to say so.
Are you trying to imply that you never went to school?
Let's say that is the case.
Now let me ask you want do you think the western world would be like if governments had nothing to do with education?
Perhaps you would like to consdier examples of countries where governments do not provide for the education of their people?
GIven your survey of such countries are you now willing to accept that your comments are wrong?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:19 am If you are "white" would you want the above to be taught to your very young children?
Why would you ask, "If you are 'white' would you want the above to be taught to your very young children?" Why would this, or any other issue of education only be of concern to people you identify as, "white?" That is racist, VA. If it were a true issue it would be an issue for all people.

Are you really concerned about racism and want to do something positive about it? The absolute best thing to do is to stop stirring it up, and SHUT UP!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:36 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:01 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:38 am
Note my response to the point above.

I am aware the toxic CRT elements had not be exposed widely YET but only in some schools [as evident].

The purpose of the Bills [assuming they are similar to Trump's executive order] is to set the limit to ensure subjective opinions* are not taken as the facts of history. I don't believe anyone will dispute what are generally accepted facts.

* Examples of Subjective Opinions as listed herein,
Trump's Executive Order on Critical Race Theory
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33239

Show me evidence where "in some places it is banned to teach this history" i.e. the generally accepted facts of American History re racism and slavery.
Thank you for avoiding these simple 3 questions.
I'll ask them again.

(Arkansas, Idaho, Oklahohma)

https://www.newsweek.com/critical-race- ... es-1599712
I have already responded to the question earlier,
viewtopic.php?p=518041#p518041

Not avoiding but don't want to repeat.
Bullshit.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:53 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:49 am

That is very nice of you to say so.
Are you trying to imply that you never went to school?
Let's say that is the case.
Now let me ask you want do you think the western world would be like if governments had nothing to do with education?
Perhaps you would like to consdier examples of countries where governments do not provide for the education of their people?
GIven your survey of such countries are you now willing to accept that your comments are wrong?
I don't expect you to agree with my comments which were not a statement of fact but my view that government should have nothing to do with education.

Your test means nothing. It is not possible to compare what education without government to education by government in the modern world, since government have used force to take over all education. What can be compared is education before government took over with education after they took over, at least in the United States.
The literacy rate in 1776 was, "80% of men and 50% of women in New England. "In 1800 ... only four in a thousand Americans were unable to read and write legibly." Before 1840, "the literacy rate in Massachusetts was 98 percent, and in neighboring Connecticut, 99.8 percent."

The product of compulsory education since 1852 in America today is a population that is, "4% nonliterate, 14% below basic literacy levels, and 34% with only 'basic' literacy" (meaning they can barely manage to read and write). "1 out of every 6 adults in the U.S. lack basic reading skills—that means 36 million people can't read a job application, understand basic written instructions, or read the Internet."

The point of these statistics is not to point out the failure of public education, which is already obvious, but to emphasize the fact, education does not require any kind of state or society to provide it. Before there was any such system in the United States, most Americans were fully capable of educating themselves.
This is from one of my articles on education, "Pedagogy—Professional Mind Destroyers," if you are interested in the sources for the statistics.

That's my view. We're just not going to agree on this.