Critical Race Theory

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Critical Race Theory

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Recently there are a lot of hoo hahs of very aggressive promotion and strong resistance re Critical Race Theory

What I noted is this CRT is not the typical "racist" thing but a more complicated ideology.

What are your views [for or against] on Critical Race Theory?

ETA Notes;
The origin of 'Critical' in Critical Race Theory
viewtopic.php?p=515505#p515505

How CRT became a Meme
viewtopic.php?p=515511#p515511

The term 'critical' in CRT [flawed] can be traced to Kant via Marx.
viewtopic.php?p=515553#p515553
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Critical Race Theory

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:26 am Recently there are a lot of hoo hahs of very aggressive promotion and strong resistance re Critical Race Theory

What I noted is this CRT is not the typical "racist" thing but a more complicated ideology.

What are your views [for or against] on Critical Race Theory?
What I have OBSERVED and will NOTE is that 'you', "veritas aequitas", are a VERY "racist" human being.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

This is my take:
  • Throughout the Developed (Western,First-World, etc.) world, racial injustice is a big problem.
  • There are those who want to address the problem. Broadly speaking, these are on "the Left".
  • There are those who want to sweep the problem under the carpet and keep things the way they are. Broadly, these are on "the Right".
  • Many people are in the middle and have little idea of what the f*ck is going on here. These are mostly well meaning white people.
  • CRT is a name for the combined attempts of sincere people to understand and address the problem.
  • The Left see CRT as good and necessary.
  • The Right insist that CRT is unnecessary and devisive.
  • The people in the middle don't know who to believe, but are naturally attracted to the "Why can't we just all get along?" pablum in which the anti-CRT message is inevitably packaged.
The video of George Floyd's encounter with Derek Chauvin was the moment when one of the main reasons why we can't all "just get along" became clear to anyone who has eyes to see and ears to hear.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's a load of anti-science bollocks cooked up by 'academic' wankers with Aspergers syndrome who have nothing better to do than write incomprehensible garbage that makes them feel terribly important. Probably the same creatures who have come up with the disgusting racist and meaningless term 'white privilege' that morons are throwing around on social media in order to stir up division and resentment where there was previously none. The only people who EVER mention a person's 'colour' (or lack thereof) are rabid racists. It has NEVER come up in a conversation with ANYONE in my ENTIRE LIFE. Woke wankers are the rudest, most obnoxious people on the planet.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

My view in a nutshell is that

(1) Only individuals can be racist
(1a) a parenthetical to the above is that individuals who are racist are far less common than many would have us currently believe
(2) Individuals who are racist can enact laws and private sphere policies that are anchored in their racism, and that others who aren't racist then follow, sometimes for many years, decades, etc. afterwards, often without realizing that there was something racist that motivated the law or policy
(3) The laws and policies in (2) are worth identifying, analyzing and reversing/abolishing as much as possible
(4) Aside from this, focusing on racism and "over-parsing" things as racist, as is a tendency at present, actually fuels further racism rather than quelling it.
vegetariantaxidermy

As promoted by saint Oprah Windfry, one of the richest people on the planet.
Wokism and victimhood promotion is a massive industry.

Post by Age »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 am This is my take:
  • Throughout the Developed (Western,First-World, etc.) world, racial injustice is a big problem.
  • There are those who want to address the problem. Broadly speaking, these are on "the Left".
  • There are those who want to sweep the problem under the carpet and keep things the way they are. Broadly, these are on "the Right".
  • Many people are in the middle and have little idea of what the f*ck is going on here. These are mostly well meaning white people.
  • CRT is a name for the combined attempts of sincere people to understand and address the problem.
  • The Left see CRT as good and necessary.
  • The Right insist that CRT is unnecessary and devisive.
  • The people in the middle don't know who to believe, but are naturally attracted to the "Why can't we just all get along?" pablum in which the anti-CRT message is inevitably packaged.
The video of George Floyd's encounter with Derek Chauvin was the moment when one of the main reasons why we can't all "just get along" became clear to anyone who has eyes to see and ears to hear.
And, for what its worth, this is the most simple and easily able to be followed CLEAREST take I have seen, so far.

So, thank you.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am It's a load of anti-science bollocks cooked up by 'academic' wankers with Aspergers syndrome who have nothing better to do than write incomprehensible garbage that makes them feel terribly important.
What class or race do 'you', put "yourself" in "vegetariantaxidermy"?

Your Honest answer will, partly, EXPLAIN WHY 'you' have the views that 'you', OBVIOUSLY, have here.

By the way, 'what', EXACTLY, is; "a load of ..."?

And, furthermore, the way "mickthinks" wrote about this, "his" is the most clear cut and comprehensible view I have seen so far in regards to this.

So, the "incomprehensible garbage" can ACTUALLY be made 'comprehensible'.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am Probably the same creatures who have come up with the disgusting racist and meaningless term 'white privilege' that morons are throwing around on social media in order to stir up division and resentment where there was previously none.
LOL
LOL
LOL

"... division and resentment where there was previously NONE."

You make me laugh, "vegetariantaxidermy".

What class and race of people you put "yourself" in, and what life you have lived, becomes CLEARER and CLEARER all the time.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am The only people who EVER mention a person's 'colour' (or lack thereof) are rabid racists. It has NEVER come up in a conversation with ANYONE in my ENTIRE LIFE.

Could this just be BECAUSE of the country, culture, and kind that you converse with?

And, do you REALLY BELIEVE 'the rest of the world' is JUST LIKE 'your own little world'?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am Woke wankers are the rudest, most obnoxious people on the planet.
So, what are you saying here; people who call other people derogatory names ARE, or ARE NOT, the rudest, most obnoxious people on the planet?

Post by Age »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 am My view in a nutshell is that

(1) Only individuals can be racist
(1a) a parenthetical to the above is that individuals who are racist are far less common than many would have us currently believe
Is there an adult human being who is NOT 'racist'.

If yes, then 'we' have VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS on what a 'racist' is, EXACTLY.
Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:19 am (2) Individuals who are racist can enact laws and private sphere policies that are anchored in their racism, and that others who aren't racist then follow, sometimes for many years, decades, etc. afterwards, often without realizing that there was something racist that motivated the law or policy
(3) The laws and policies in (2) are worth identifying, analyzing and reversing/abolishing as much as possible
(4) Aside from this, focusing on racism and "over-parsing" things as racist, as is a tendency at present, actually fuels further racism rather than quelling it.
So, because 'you' focused on 'racism' here, 'you' have ACTUALLY fueled further 'racism' rather than quelling 'racism', correct?

If no, then does that mean your (4) claim is not correct?

But if yes to the first question here, then does that make 'you' MORE of a 'racist', then you previously realized?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:36 am As promoted by saint Oprah Windfry, one of the richest people on the planet.
Wokism and victimhood promotion is a massive industry.
And this is because there is a LOT of victimization, which is what has CAUSED such a massive industry.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:48 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am It's a load of anti-science bollocks cooked up by 'academic' wankers with Aspergers syndrome who have nothing better to do than write incomprehensible garbage that makes them feel terribly important.

Your Honest answer will, partly, EXPLAIN WHY 'you' have the views that 'you', OBVIOUSLY, have here.

And, furthermore, the way "mickthinks" wrote about this, "his" is the most clear cut and comprehensible view I have seen so far in regards to this.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am Probably the same creatures who have come up with the disgusting racist and meaningless term 'white privilege' that morons are throwing around on social media in order to stir up division and resentment where there was previously none.
LOL
LOL
LOL

What class and race of people you put "yourself" in, and what life you have lived, becomes CLEARER and CLEARER all the time.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am The only people who EVER mention a person's 'colour' (or lack thereof) are rabid racists. It has NEVER come up in a conversation with ANYONE in my ENTIRE LIFE.

Could this just be BECAUSE of the country, culture, and kind that you converse with?

And, do you REALLY BELIEVE 'the rest of the world' is JUST LIKE 'your own little world'?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:09 am Woke wankers are the rudest, most obnoxious people on the planet.
So, what are you saying here; people who call other people derogatory names ARE, or ARE NOT, the rudest, most obnoxious people on the planet?
Pray tell, what 'class and race' I 'put myself into'. You racist little pos.

And you would say that about Mickstinks because you are both wankers. Just saying.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 pm

LOL
LOL
LOL

Pray tell, what 'class and race' I 'put myself into'.
But I asked you.

Do you NOT want to answer my question, posed to you, but now want me to answer, for you? Or, what is it you want here now?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 pm You racist little pos.
What does 'pos' mean or refer to, to you.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 pm And you would say that about Mickstinks because you are both wankers. Just saying.
But I did NOT say ANY about "mickthinks", itself.

I talked about what "mickthinks" wrote. And, I said what I did, contrary to YOUR BELIEF, NOT because 'us' two are wankers, but because of the ACTUAL WORDS USED.

I suggest if you do NOT agree with, or do not like, some or all of those words, then just express which ones, AND THEN just explain WHY.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am Is there an adult human being who is NOT 'racist'.
Most, yes. I'm not at all racist, for example.
So, because 'you' focused on 'racism' here, 'you' have ACTUALLY fueled further 'racism' rather than quelling 'racism', correct?
LOL, the topic is asking us what we think about critical race theory.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:26 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 pm

LOL
LOL
LOL

Pray tell, what 'class and race' I 'put myself into'.
But I asked you.

Do you NOT want to answer my question, posed to you, but now want me to answer, for you? Or, what is it you want here now?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 pm You racist little pos.
What does 'pos' mean or refer to, to you.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:03 pm And you would say that about Mickstinks because you are both wankers. Just saying.
But I did NOT say ANY about "mickthinks", itself.

I talked about what "mickthinks" wrote. And, I said what I did, contrary to YOUR BELIEF, NOT because 'us' two are wankers, but because of the ACTUAL WORDS USED.

I suggest if you do NOT agree with, or do not like, some or all of those words, then just express which ones, AND THEN just explain WHY.
''What class and race of people you put "yourself" in, and what life you have lived, becomes CLEARER and CLEARER all the time.''

No question mark there you racist little prik. It's not even worded as a question. It's worded as a snarky assumption with creepy undertones.

You seem to have a big problem with the english language.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:34 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am Is there an adult human being who is NOT 'racist'.
Most, yes. I'm not at all racist, for example.
If you say and BELIEVE so, then 'it' IS SO.

As I was saying, we then OBVIOUSLY have a VERY DIFFERENT VIEW of what the words 'racist', and 'racism', mean and refer to.

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:34 pm

LOL, the topic is asking us what we think about critical race theory.
That does NOT MATTER.

You made a CLAIM, which, if you are Honest, you would HAVE TO CONTRADICT, or ADMIT is NOT CORRECT.

Being asked about what you just think about "critical race theory" does NOT mean that you HAD TO MAKE A CLAIM LIKE:

Aside from this, focusing on racism and "over-parsing" things as racist, as is a tendency at present, actually fuels further racism rather than quelling it.

You are OBVIOUSLY 'focusing on racism', at present. So, either YOUR CLAIM here is CORRECT or NOT CORRECT.