the righteous tyrant

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tillingborn

Re: the righteous tyrant

Post by tillingborn »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pmSo what does it matter what you want to say about people in Persia or Paris or Port-au-Prince? They are not you.
Should I join you and not care? Really? Yours is a God of Love?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pmYou are not in their situation. God will do right by them
That might be a comfort to anyone short of a Bible who lives there, but frankly, if the Bible hasn't reached them after 2000 years, how long before your message gets through?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pmbut they are not you. The offer has been made clearly, plainly and manifestly, to you...if never before, it's just been made now, above, in the passage in blue.

Your choice. Your life. Your soul. Your call.
So is it official now that you have said so? Am I doomed if I disagree with what you say?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

tillingborn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:19 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pmSo what does it matter what you want to say about people in Persia or Paris or Port-au-Prince? They are not you.
Should I join you and not care?
You don't know whether I care of not. You don't know a thing about me. What you do know is that your situation is up to you, and has nothing to do with me or anyone else.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:14 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:54 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:42 pm
Who or what is that?
That is God, or in other words;

Who 'I' am is thee, invisible, Mind. And,

What 'I' am is thee, visible, Universe.

Which is NOT to be mistaken with who nor what 'i' am. This is a TOTALLY different 'thing'.
Who do you think you are?
Like I KNOW who 'I' am I also KNOW who 'you' are. But to understand this FULLY who the 'you' is needs to be looked at objectively, and not subjectively. Which is best done, and really can only be truly done, when one KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS the right and correct answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?'

The word 'you', for the sake of this discussion, usually refers to an individual human being or person, or any number including ALL of 'you', human beings, or persons. But to SEE and UNDERSTAND the WHOLE and True picture of ALL-THERE-IS, crystal clear, 'you' are the, invisible, thoughts and emotions, within either an individual human body or all human bodies.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:14 am But to SEE and UNDERSTAND the WHOLE and True picture of ALL-THERE-IS, crystal clear...
You often can't even understand simple concepts and communication without convoluting them with your distortions and projections -- and yet you want to claim that you see and understand the whole and true picture of all-there-is? :lol: Just like so many other people who have claimed such a thing, different than what you claim. When will humans stop making such idiotic claims of supposed "knowing"? Turn off the ego. Why do you need to "know" such a thing, other than for self-glorification and imaginative detachment from humankind? It changes nothing!

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am
Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:14 am But to SEE and UNDERSTAND the WHOLE and True picture of ALL-THERE-IS, crystal clear...
You often can't even understand simple concepts and communication without convoluting them with your distortions and projections --
Do NOT forget that it is 'you' who BELIEVES wholeheartedly that there is NO one Truth, and that it is this BELIEF, which is causing YOUR distortions and projections.

Now, you just made the CLAIM that I OFTEN can NOT even understand simple concepts and communication without ... .

So, I now suggest you back up and support this CLAIM of YOURS with actual evidence and/or proof of the "simple concepts and communication", which I, supposedly, can NOT even understand.

If you do NOT, then what you CLAIM here could just be a COMPLETE and UTTER LIE.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am and yet you want to claim that you see and understand the whole and true picture of all-there-is? :lol:
WHY do 'you' find this ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE?

If you do NOT BELIEVE I could possible SEE and UNDERSTAND the Whole and True picture of ALL-THERE-IS, then WHY do you NOT just CHALLENGE ME, on YOUR BELIEF here?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am Just like so many other people who have claimed such a thing, different than what you claim.
Instead of ALWAYS LOOKING AT 'me', from YOUR PAST PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES ONLY, why do you NOT just LOOK AT 'me' with new or fresh EYES, and CHALLENGE 'me' and/or PROVE 'me' WRONG?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am When will humans stop making such idiotic claims of supposed "knowing"?
So, here 'you' are asking when humans will stop doing what YOU, "yourself" DO.

You do make claims you 'know' things correct? For example, like you 'know' that there could NOT possibly be One Truth, correct?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am Turn off the ego.
The ONLY 'ego' you are SEEING here is the one that YOU ARE PROJECTING.

Again, 'we' are in a philosophy forum. When will the posters here STOP 'trying to' LOOK AT 'me', and at what 'I' am supposedly doing, and START focusing on the ACTUAL WORDS under that little label, named "age"?

When, and if, 'you' FULLY UNDERSTAND who and what 'I' am, then 'you' will also UNDERSTAND thee 'ego', and how 'it' ACTUALLY WORKS.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 am Why do you need to "know" such a thing, other than for self-glorification and imaginative detachment from humankind? It changes nothing!
If you STOPPED 'presuming' that 'you' ALREADY KNOW that I, laughably, 'need' "to know" for "self-glorification and imaginative detachment from humankind, then 'you', hopefully, will START SEEING that 'I' have ABSOLUTELY NO 'need' "to know" ANY thing.

If 'I' have come TO KNOW some thing, then there is NO REASON to think nor believe that I "needed" TO KNOW.

If I just KNOW some thing, then I just KNOW some thing.

If you can NOT even understand this simple concept and communication, then so be it. But I suggest 'you' STOP looking from the 'ego', and then 'you' will UNDERSTAND this VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY to understand concept.

Also, have you COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN that you asked me a CLARIFYING QUESTION, and all I really did was just try to explain, to 'you', in a way that would CLARIFY the question, which 'you' have ABSOLUTELY NO clue NOR idea what thee ACTUAL answer IS?

How would you even begin to explain an answer to question, which you KNOW is True, but the rest of humankind, in those days, were still NOT YET aware of?

You are AWARE that some answers do come to be KNOWN by one person BEFORE they finally become KNOWN to EVERY one "else", correct?

Or, are 'you' STILL under the delusion that 'I' could NOT possibly KNOW some things, which you BELIEVE 'I' could NOT KNOW?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:01 pm Do NOT forget that it is 'you' who BELIEVES wholeheartedly that there is NO one Truth, and that it is this BELIEF, which is causing YOUR distortions and projections.
You are exaggerating. You once asked me if there was any possibility at all that there could be one ultimate reality, and I acknowledged that anything is possible. However, there is no proof, and there is nothing that would point to such a thing except man's NEED to believe he knows of something.
Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:01 pmNow, you just made the CLAIM that I OFTEN can NOT even understand simple concepts and communication without ... .

So, I now suggest you back up and support this CLAIM of YOURS with actual evidence and/or proof of the "simple concepts and communication", which I, supposedly, can NOT even understand.
It has been demonstrated here over and over in your communications with people on this forum. Many have seen it and commented on it. That is the evidence. Your attempts to invalidate that by claiming people can't see the truth, are just more of your denial and further projections offering no alternative proof, just more of your claims.
Age wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:01 pmIf you do NOT, then what you CLAIM here could just be a COMPLETE and UTTER LIE.
You, Age, have not provided evidence nor proof of ONE TRUTH. Nor have you provided evidence or proof that you can see and understand a whole and true picture of all-there-is. Such an awareness is not demonstrated in your convoluted, projection-laden communication and claims. You're just making claims (like many people who want to claim to "know"), yet supporting them with nothing except more claims.

If you provided a good argument for your claims, and could demonstrate what you think you know or see, and explain WHY it matters or makes any difference at all, THEN it might be more compelling to discuss. But your projections onto people repel them, and you provide nothing compelling to talk about. You continually talk about what you think you know... which nobody cares about! Why would they? We all have our own perspectives and insights and experience that ring as true or not. Your view of reality is not more compelling to me than mine. If you cannot disprove mine and prove yours, nothing changes. Your claims ring hollow, and you fill the gap with your projections. That's your trip, and you can keep it. Why are you here on an obscure public stage doing it? That makes no sense if it's truly something you want to share with people -- then why not do it somewhere that it appears people resonate with it? You're not here to improve your communication because you continually reject the feedback/advice you get. You are doing it for some other self-serving reason, yes? It positions you in a supremely knowing position, while you position others as not knowing, and who the fuck would care about that? Seriously? Do you really expect there to be a great clamor over what you say... "Oh, tell us more, Great One, about what you know and what we don't!" You're just jerking yourself off.

I'm here to have fun while challenging unsupported claims and expanding a view on what makes more sense -- and I feel successful in that.
:D I also have the hope that other people will have fun and/or find value in watching such interactions, as I find in watching others. What do you think you are successful in doing here?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:54 am Who 'I' am is thee, invisible, Mind. And,

Millions of people before Age had this idea, but none could prove it so far.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 pm

What PROOF does one NEED?

I can VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY PROVE what I said and claimed here.

What I have said here can NOT be refuted.

Would ANY one like to CHALLENGE me on this?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:32 am

I won't challenge you on it. I can see sense in what you are saying. Although, I would add there is more to the story to "who" you are than simply you are "invisible mind." For example, if you rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday (for a random example), you would also be s/he who rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday.

And in the same way, there is more to the story to "what" you are than simply being visible universe. You are a particular occurrence of the visible in the universe in that you are not the same occurrence as I am or a rock sitting next to you is.

But, yes. I agree, your basic assertions seem pretty self evidently true to me in so far as they are more fundamental than other parts of your whole story. In other words, it seems to me that you are necessarily invisible mind and visible universe, however, being the one who rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday is not as necessary a feature of your being. You could have done otherwise or you could have been somewhere else altogether yesterday and not been there to rescue the little old lady.

So, yes, I think you are correct in whatever sense.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am

I won't challenge you on it. I can see sense in what you are saying. Although, I would add there is more to the story to "who" you are than simply you are "invisible mind." For example, if you rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday (for a random example), you would also be s/he who rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday.
But 'you' are talking about the 'i' now, and NOT thee 'I'.

Also, do you REALLY BELIEVE that what a 'you', or a 'person' IS, is what the body does?

And in the same way, there is more to the story to "what" you are than simply being visible universe. You are a particular occurrence of the visible in the universe in that you are not the same occurrence as I am or a rock sitting next to you is.

To UNDERSTAND 'the story' FULLY, there is FAR MORE to LEARN. But working out how to EXPLAIN this succinctly, efficiently, and sufficiently for EVERY one to comprehend and understand, very simply and very easily, just takes some time, which 'I' am in the process of learning and/or doing.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am But, yes. I agree, your basic assertions seem pretty self evidently true to me in so far as they are more fundamental than other parts of your whole story.
But NONE of 'you' have HEARD my whole story, so what is 'more fundamental or not' has to be waited to be SEEN.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am In other words, it seems to me that you are necessarily invisible mind and visible universe,
To 'me', this could not be further from thee ACTUAL Truth of things.

How quickly what I have said and meant gets twisted and distorted, when FULL CLARIFICATION is NOT been made FIRST.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am however, being the one who rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday is not as necessary a feature of your being. You could have done otherwise or you could have been somewhere else altogether yesterday and not been there to rescue the little old lady.

'I', in the invisible sense, am thee Mind, of which there is ONLY One.
'i', in the invisible sense, am the thoughts and emotions, of which there are as many as human bodies.

'I' am in EVERY thing.
'i', individually, am in one human body.

There is SO MUCH MORE to explain and clarify, to ANY one who is Truly interested, and which can NOT be refuted if ANY wants to 'try to'?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am

Also, do you REALLY BELIEVE that what a 'you', or a 'person' IS, is what the body does?

To UNDERSTAND 'the story' FULLY, there is FAR MORE to LEARN. But working out how to EXPLAIN this succinctly, efficiently, and sufficiently for EVERY one to comprehend and understand, very simply and very easily, just takes some time, which 'I' am in the process of learning and/or doing.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am But, yes. I agree, your basic assertions seem pretty self evidently true to me in so far as they are more fundamental than other parts of your whole story.
But NONE of 'you' have HEARD my whole story, so what is 'more fundamental or not' has to be waited to be SEEN.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am In other words, it seems to me that you are necessarily invisible mind and visible universe,

How quickly what I have said and meant gets twisted and distorted, when FULL CLARIFICATION is NOT been made FIRST.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:52 am however, being the one who rescued a little old lady from traffic yesterday is not as necessary a feature of your being. You could have done otherwise or you could have been somewhere else altogether yesterday and not been there to rescue the little old lady.

'i', in the invisible sense, am the thoughts and emotions, of which there are as many as human bodies.

'I' am in EVERY thing.

There is SO MUCH MORE to explain and clarify, to ANY one who is Truly interested, and which can NOT be refuted if ANY wants to 'try to'?
OK. Then you've lost me. Feel free to clarify things.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Prove it then.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Age wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am

'I' am in EVERY thing.

OK. Then you've lost me. Feel free to clarify things.
I ALREADY 'feel' FREE to clarify 'things', without you telling me to.

Like I have previously said, I am looking for those who are Truly interested. These ones will explain what 'things' they WANT clarified.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:05 pm

Prove it then.
"Prove 'it' to 'who', EXACTLY?

In case you are unaware 'it' has ALREADY been proven.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:49 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:05 pm

Prove it then.
"Prove 'it' to 'who', EXACTLY?

In case you are unaware 'it' has ALREADY been proven.
How has it been proven?