The Biden Binder

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

It’s a recurring question with a broadening reach into society.

Under forum conditions, I think that the initial, beneficial approach is to distinguish ostensible justification from true justification. Distinguish ostensible motive from true motive. That’s more reality-orienting than prematurely ending the inquiry at the first realization. The first realization is that everyone has motives, even if the motive is to have no motives.

But, that doesn’t finish climbing the mountain that’s under truth. Sometimes ostensible and true are the same. This is known as guileless, which is rare if not anathema in politicians.

For example:
Ostensible: In the US, Public Health Emergency! is the justification for government overreach, mostly at the local and state levels.

Actual: The Emergency! enabled voting laws to be illegally changed for the (then) upcoming election. Protections for ballot integrity were removed, which enabled fraud.

Result:
- The political party that benefited from the fraud now wants the temporary emergency voting changes to be permanent.
- This can done in two ways.

1. Create a permanent state of emergency.
2. Change voting laws via legislation.

Democrats at the local and state levels of government have shown us the first way.
Now they want to make those emergency changes, permanent via legislation.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... -national/#
Walker

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

- Biden has said that he wants stricter gun control.
- The details are foggy.

- The ostensible motive is to end death by gun, most of those deaths being by handguns, the highest per capita incidents of shootings and deaths being in the Democratic-governed cities.

- Conservatives assert that the actual motive is usurption of the second amendment to the constitution, which contains the absolute phrase: shall not be infringed, and that the true motive for this infringement is to usurp the individual’s God-given rights, only some of which are enumerated in the constitution.

- Progressives assert that the constitution is subject to societal changes. However, that absolute phrase shall not be infringed is an obstacle to that philosophy.

Sen. Ted Cruz Wears ‘Come and Take It’ Mask to Biden’s Inauguration
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... uguration/

Cruz is a Texan, and they take extra pride in independence from centralized control.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

kill them...salvage what you can, burn the rest
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 am What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

It’s a recurring question with a broadening reach into society.

Under forum conditions, I think that the initial, beneficial approach is to distinguish ostensible justification from true justification. Distinguish ostensible motive from true motive. That’s more reality-orienting than prematurely ending the inquiry at the first realization. The first realization is that everyone has motives, even if the motive is to have no motives.

But, that doesn’t finish climbing the mountain that’s under truth. Sometimes ostensible and true are the same. This is known as guileless, which is rare if not anathema in politicians.

For example:
Ostensible: In the US, Public Health Emergency! is the justification for government overreach, mostly at the local and state levels.

Actual: The Emergency! enabled voting laws to be illegally changed for the (then) upcoming election. Protections for ballot integrity were removed, which enabled fraud.

Result:
- The political party that benefited from the fraud now wants the temporary emergency voting changes to be permanent.
- This can done in two ways.

1. Create a permanent state of emergency.
2. Change voting laws via legislation.

Democrats at the local and state levels of government have shown us the first way.
Now they want to make those emergency changes, permanent via legislation.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... -national/#
Say what? This post doesn't even seem to tell me what the topic is. What's your thesis, or what are you asking us? What specific voting laws are you concerned with?
Terrapin Station

Just looked at the article you linked to. The article makes much more sense than your rambling, disjointed post that cursorily goes off on tangent after tangent.

So basically you have a problem with automatic voter registration and mail-in ballots.

What problems do you have with those things and why?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm Just looked at the article you linked to. The article makes much more sense than your rambling, disjointed post that cursorily goes off on tangent after tangent.

So basically you have a problem with automatic voter registration and mail-in ballots.

What problems do you have with those things and why?
For such responses I used to request to see the elevator inspector’s license, i.e., does the inspector actually have the knowledge, expertise, and authority granted by the Philosophical Licensing Authority to assess this vehicle’s capacity for elevation?

Just for you, I’ll be less cryptic.

I think that in time, when enough chronological incidents have passed by, after more contributions, folks will have more to write about than just idle suppositions concerning what was not written, or their personal inability to comprehend.

This means that the preponderance of accumulated, factual evidence of actions in the future should more accurately determine the quality of the Biden administration, at least more accurately than future lying propaganda, or future whims flitting through someone’s noggin based on God knows what.

As far as the content of the thread goes, feel free to analyze it, as I will.

But as far as your inspection of the vehicle or of me goes … Meh.
Tell it to dear diary.

That ends my participation in your particular distraction/derailment/invalidation.

:roll:

Plus, this method of accumulation in one place has the benefit of sparing the forum the deplorable topic of American politics.

Call this thread an intellectual ghetto where Deplorables are confined, to spare the rest of humanity their deplorable presence and topics.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:34 pm What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

kill them...salvage what you can, burn the rest
I've been contemplating this philosophy as it applies to the Intellectual Realm, this realm.

I think under these conditions, the scorched-earth philosophy boils down to burning for new growth, clearing out the underbrush, letting the big trees breathe.

A lot can be written about this, such as, intellectual death is necessary for intellectual birth, and growth.

The ego has strong hooks, though. Ossified concepts and views based on delusion are just as powerful as those based on truth.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Joe Biden Is Manufacturing A Crisis At The Border
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/01/22/j ... he-border/

I&I Editorial

On his first day in office, President Joe Biden signed six executive orders on immigration, proposed a sweeping amnesty bill, and ordered the Department of Homeland Security to pause deportations.

That’s an awful lot of activity on an issue that he barely mentioned during the campaign. In doing so, Biden is laying the groundwork for a new border crisis – the very thing his predecessor spent four years trying to avoid.

First, let’s set the record straight on the Trump administration’s achievements at the border.

While the wall was the only thing the mainstream press focused on – and which now covers 24% of the U.S.-Mexico border – Trump scored multiple victories in securing the border.

For example, in 2019 his administration started requiring asylum seekers caught in the U.S. to stay in Mexico while their cases got adjudicated. This “Remain in Mexico” policy targeted one of the biggest and most flagrantly exploited loopholes — dubbed “Catch and Release” — whereby asylum seekers were released into the U.S. on the promise that they’d return for their hearing date – which few did.

As we noted a year ago, “the impact of this program has been little short of profound.” Apprehensions by the Border Patrol plunged from 144,000 in May 2019 to 23,237 by May 2020. Total apprehensions in 2020 dropped by more than half from the year before.

As the El Paso Times put it, “the policy has proved to be a virtual wall.”

Trump issued other rules to thwart would-be asylum seekers. Most recently, he used the COVID-19 pandemic to justify immediately expelling border crossers in “the interest of public health.” In the last three months of last year, more than 183,000 were expelled that way.

As the Heritage Foundation’s James Carafano put it, “over the past few years, more has been done to effectively secure the border than the previous two decades.”

Biden is rushing to undo all of it.

Among his day one executive orders, Biden halted construction on the border wall, removed consequences for sanctuary cities, “fortified” protection of so-called Dreamers, and required Census to count illegal immigrants when deciding how to apportion congressional districts.

Meanwhile, the Department of Homeland security, also on day one, announced a 100-day pause on deportations, and called a halt to Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy.

That’s not all. Biden also proposed sweeping legislation that, among other things, would grant amnesty to anyone who entered the country illegally before the first of this year – which adds up to roughly 11 million people.

Greisa Martinez Rosas, executive director of United We Dream, called the legislation “the most progressive legalization bill in history.”

Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton, was more accurate in his description, describing the bill as an “open borders” plan. “Total amnesty, no regard for the health and security of Americans, and zero enforcement,” he said.

Biden’s sharp u-turn hasn’t gone unnoticed in Central America, as more try to get across the border. In fact, border apprehensions were up 74% in November and December, compared with the year before.

Meanwhile, caravans are already gathering to rush the border, fed by the hope that Biden will let them in. As a matter of fact, one activist said that the caravan expects “that the Biden government honors its commitments.”

Team Biden is already getting worried about a stampede, with one official saying that the caravans “need to understand they are not going to be able to come into the United States immediately.” But Biden’s actions speak louder than these mealy-mouthed words.

So why invite an immigration crisis? Could it be because Democrats see a flood of illegal immigrants today as a way to help them win elections in the future?

Whatever the reason, a crisis at the border will be the fault of the Biden administration, and the Biden administration alone.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Ostensible/true

voting laws ... covered.

gun control ... covered.

open borders ...

Ostensibly, the intent of open borders is to provide asylum for world suffering.

In truth, the intent of open borders is simply to get more voters for the Democratic Party.

There's more going on.
Lots of discussion topics.
Terrapin Station

How about we actually pick a topic and talk about it?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:52 pm While the wall was the only thing the mainstream press focused on
And the baby cages
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker,

Earlier, TS asked you about your views on automatic voter registration and mail-in ballots. I think comparing your opposition to mine on these matters could underlie a good discussion. Please return to the post above so that we can discuss further once you’ve covered the Terrapin’s inquiry.

Thanks
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 pm Walker,

Earlier, TS asked you about your views on automatic voter registration and mail-in ballots. I think comparing your opposition to mine on these matters could underlie a good discussion. Please return to the post above so that we can discuss further once you’ve covered the Terrapin’s inquiry.

Thanks
If I feel the need.

Until then it's your interest, so take up the slack if it's a big enough concern.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:01 pm How about we actually pick a topic and talk about it?
By all means, jump right in.

Answer your own questions about the topic.

We're sourcing the same material.

Tip: If you actually want to make your insights relevant to the thread, present in terms of ostensible/true.
That's the focus of the thread, no need to change it.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 pm Walker,

Thanks
If I feel the need.

Until then it's your interest, so take up the slack if it's a big enough concern.
It is, but you first.