The Biden Binder

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Immanuel Can »

Here's a beauty to add to "The Biden Binder."

The Democrats have just come out with the position that mothers are not mothers anymore. (Happy Mother's Day, everybody)

Apparently, they are now "birthing persons." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm RC, you asked how anyone is actually intruding on your personal freedom?

The most obvious, current example is the gov-sponsored response to the beer virus.

Lockdowns, maskin' up: mandated with (sometimes) punishment for non-compliance.
Why have you NOT whinged and complained, openly, previously about the other government mandated rules and laws that you HAVE TO FOLLOW and ADHERE to.

The reason who have NOT is VERY SIMPLE to discover, if you ever become Truly Honest.
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm I'm all for navigatin' around obstacles, but some obstacles are just too damned big to thumb a nose at and ignore.

Like a lotta folks, my livelihood (dependent on my bein' able to move freely) has taken a hit from the castin' of beer virus as Coronapocalypse.
Oh, poor little "henry quirk", so called, "livelihood" has had to change for a relatively NOTHING period of 'time', and so "henry quirk" wants and expects EVERY one else to do things the way that benefits and profits "henry quirk".
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm As a matter of fact: no event in recent history has had a more hobblin' effect on folks than the beer virus response.
LOL And the word 'recent' refers to 'what' EXACTLY? Some would make a guess and say "henry quirk's" lifetime. Would this be correct? If not, then 'what', EXACTLY?
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm Now understand: I wear no mask, haven't locked down, and will not be jabbed, but this leaves me with my keister exposed to all those who do, and to those who mandate such things.
LOL The ABSURDITY in and the RIDICULOUSNESS of this statement does NOT need pointing out, that is; to those who can SEE CLEARLY.
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm Here, in S Louisiana, we get hurricanes...no sensible person kvetches about that...it is what it is...you run or you hunker down...the storm comes and goes...life goes on.

Beer virus (the response [welcome to Day 500 of our two-week lockdown to flatten the curve; your mask protects me, my mask protects you; vaccine passport {papers please!} etc.) is no natural disaster...it's not just gonna go away...the, as Bastiat called 'em, legislators, won't let it go and they've made it impossible to navigate around.

Tell me, RC, how you breathe easy in the face of it all?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:19 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:11 pm RC, you asked how anyone is actually intruding on your personal freedom?

The most obvious, current example is the gov-sponsored response to the beer virus.

Lockdowns, maskin' up: mandated with (sometimes) punishment for non-compliance.

I'm all for navigatin' around obstacles, but some obstacles are just too damned big to thumb a nose at and ignore.

Like a lotta folks, my livelihood (dependent on my bein' able to move freely) has taken a hit from the castin' of beer virus as Coronapocalypse. As a matter of fact: no event in recent history has had a more hobblin' effect on folks than the beer virus response.

Now understand: I wear no mask, haven't locked down, and will not be jabbed, but this leaves me with my keister exposed to all those who do, and to those who mandate such things.

Here, in S Louisiana, we get hurricanes...no sensible person kvetches about that...it is what it is...you run or you hunker down...the storm comes and goes...life goes on.

Beer virus (the response [welcome to Day 500 of our two-week lockdown to flatten the curve; your mask protects me, my mask protects you; vaccine passport {papers please!} etc.) is no natural disaster...it's not just gonna go away...the, as Bastiat called 'em, legislators, won't let it go and they've made it impossible to navigate around.

Tell me, RC, how you breathe easy in the face of it all?
First of all, I pay almost no attention to the paranoia mongers called the, "news." I have been totally unaffected by the covid thing. Never even thought about wearing a mask. Only tiny affect on me was my favorite Vietnamese store put up a sign saying masks were required, and sadly, they lost my business. Really like that family, too.
Sad for who, 'you' or 'them'?

You, supposedly, really like a family, yet you will not visit them, (taking away their, so called, "livelihood", which "henry quirk" was going on about), just because of one tiny piece of cloth, called a 'mask'.

You, supposedly, like this family but will NOT support NOR help them because you do not want to wear a mask for a relatively minuscule period of 'time'.

I have not heard you whinge nor complain that you 'have to' wear other clothes, which are government mandated and forced upon you.

You, like "henry quirk", are slaves but are NOT YET even consciously aware of this FACT.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:19 pm I have no interest in politics at all, except for its entertainment value, especially all the people who take it seriously. Perhaps if I lived where you do or wanted to do some things you or others might that I'm not interested in I'd be more concerned. But freedom is being able to whatever one chooses, which I'm able to do here in South Carolina, and I don't believe in borrowing trouble.
Talk about being BLINDED to, and by, thee Truth of 'things'.

'you', adult human beings, BELIEVE and make some of the weirdest and most outrageous CLAIMS.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:19 pm My attitude is, there are only two things in this world to be concerned with--those I can do something about and those I can't. The things I can't are the facts of reality over which I have no control. The things I can do something about are primarily my own life and how I live it and use reality as it actually is. I'm never going to change society, or the government, and certainly not the physical nature of this world, so I just learn all I can about those facts to know how to deal with them in my own life and never allow them to steal my time, resources, or emotional concern.

It's probably not for you, but it is how I live, and for me, that is freedom.
But you will not wear a mask because you do not like the government, which has CONTROL over your life, for the time being, correct?

If no, then what is the ACTUAL reason you will not wear a mask?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:21 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:37 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:19 pm
First of all, I pay almost no attention to the paranoia mongers called the, "news." I have been totally unaffected by the covid thing. Never even thought about wearing a mask. Only tiny affect on me was my favorite Vietnamese store put up a sign saying masks were required, and sadly, they lost my business. Really like that family, too.

I have no interest in politics at all, except for its entertainment value, especially all the people who take it seriously. Perhaps if I lived where you do or wanted to do some things you or others might that I'm not interested in I'd be more concerned. But freedom is being able to whatever one chooses, which I'm able to do here in South Carolina, and I don't believe in borrowing trouble.

My attitude is, there are only two things in this world to be concerned with--those I can do something about and those I can't. The things I can't are the facts of reality over which I have no control. The things I can do something about are primarily my own life and how I live it and use reality as it actually is. I'm never going to change society, or the government, and certainly not the physical nature of this world, so I just learn all I can about those facts to know how to deal with them in my own life and never allow them to steal my time, resources, or emotional concern.

It's probably not for you, but it is how I live, and for me, that is freedom.
Seems to me: you just tolerate bullshit better than me.
Maybe so, but see my last post to Age.
But that post was SO INCORRECT, and so FAR OFF TRACK, that it would be an embarrassment, for you, to even go back to it.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm

This one...

Only an idiot could say, defending against a murderer that results in the death of the murderer would be any kind of threat to anyone else. If anything, it would be protection of everyone else threatened by the murderer. Or can you not see that?

I have no idea what your problem is, but I would never resort to force except as a last resort. When someone leaves me no other choice but to die or defend myself with force, they are dead. If you don't like it, try killing me. It will solve all your problems.

...which I agree with. Where we part company is: I'm not willin' to wait til I'm havin' to face off with SWAT AT 3am, in my livin' room...*I take the threat of the State seriously...bein' proactive just makes sense.
And what would you think you could do if they decided to 'attend' "your premises"?

You have NO choice at all, and this is because 'you' are A SLAVE and are UNDER THE CONTROL of 'another', whether you like it or not.
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm *In your own way, so do you: why else would you have a whole site dedicated to your thinkin'?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Where we part company is: I'm not willin' to wait til I'm havin' to face off with SWAT AT 3am, in my livin' room...*I take the threat of the State seriously...bein' proactive just makes sense.

*In your own way, so do you: why else would you have a whole site dedicated to your thinkin'?
I certainly hope we don't, "part company," literally. You are about the only breath of rational fresh air there is around here. You'd actually be more fun if we agreed less. I'll keep trying, you old curmudgeon.

As for my site, it's all for my own selfish enjoyment, because I like doing it. There's no agenda or objective except to provide those who are already living free some food for their independent souls and armor against the perpetual intellectual assaults they'll face in this world. I'll be getting back to writing more fiction there, soon--totally non-didactic. If you're interested, I'll let you know.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:49 am Here's a beauty to add to "The Biden Binder."

The Democrats have just come out with the position that mothers are not mothers anymore. (Happy Mother's Day, everybody)

Apparently, they are now "birthing persons." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.
Here could be a PRIME EXAMPLE of just how quickly and simply some people can be so easily misled, and deceived.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 am If no, then what is the ACTUAL reason you will not wear a mask?
Why would I wear a mask? I'm not a Muslim woman and I'm not intending to hold up the bank.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:34 am

But that post was SO INCORRECT, and so FAR OFF TRACK, that it would be an embarrassment, for you, to even go back to it.
Sorry! Didn't mean to embarrass you.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:44 am
Age wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 am If no, then what is the ACTUAL reason you will not wear a mask?
Why would I wear a mask? I'm not a Muslim woman and I'm not intending to hold up the bank.
You appear to have COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD my ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTION that I posed to you, which was;

What is the ACTUAL reason you will not wear a mask?

If you do not have the ability to ANSWER this question, then so be it. That is just the way 'you' ARE.

But to answer 'your question', I do NOT KNOW. And, that is WHY I am ASKING 'you'.

Also, you wear clothes, and you are not a "muslim woman" nor a "bank robber", right? But "muslim woman" and "bank robber's" wear clothes. SO, how does your question, and response, ACTUALLY relate and follow, EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:47 am
Age wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:34 am
Sorry! Didn't mean to embarrass you.
Did you REALLY, again, MISS the ACTUAL WORDS that I wrote.

I said, '..., then it would be an embarrassment, FOR YOU, ...'.

This can be CLEARLY SEEN, EVIDENCED, and PROVEN above, in ACTUAL CLEARLY WRITTEN WORDS.

Also, I have ALREADY HIGHLIGHTED CLEARLY where 'you' were COMPLETELY and UTTERLY Wrong in that post of 'yours'. You appear to STILL NOT be able to SEE this.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

It eases my mind considerably knowing this basilisk virus...

Age, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

...is safely contained, its corrosive memetic assault rendered impotent.

I will never release it from its box.

I urge any who value their psyche-scape to lock it up and throw away the key.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:09 am It eases my mind considerably knowing this basilisk virus...

Age, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

...is safely contained, its corrosive memetic assault rendered impotent.

I will never release it from its box.

I urge any who value their psyche-scape to lock it up and throw away the key.
LOL "henry quirk" only put me in the foe list after I instructed, and urged, "henry quirk" to do this.

The MORE I am 'ignored', then the MORE CORRECT I was, will BECOME NOTICED and SEEN. That is; in how the Mind and the brain work. SEE, the brain is SO EASILY manipulated and also HATES being PROVEN Wrong, and so the human brain WILL just IGNORE completely 'that' what REVEALS this FACT.

"henry quirk" is also now FREE to write whatever 'it' wants, without having to SEE how I respond to 'its' words, and in what way I respond. So, now I can PROVE when that brain is just plain Wrong and Incorrect, without that brain continually 'trying to' ridicule and humiliate 'me', and what I say. See, 'it' has been UNABLE to prove what I say is wrong or incorrect, so 'it' 'tries' just about any thing else to discredit 'me', as can be CLEARLY SEEN and EVIDENCED above.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:39 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Where we part company is: I'm not willin' to wait til I'm havin' to face off with SWAT AT 3am, in my livin' room...*I take the threat of the State seriously...bein' proactive just makes sense.

*In your own way, so do you: why else would you have a whole site dedicated to your thinkin'?
I certainly hope we don't, "part company," literally. You are about the only breath of rational fresh air there is around here. You'd actually be more fun if we agreed less. I'll keep trying, you old curmudgeon.

As for my site, it's all for my own selfish enjoyment, because I like doing it. There's no agenda or objective except to provide those who are already living free some food for their independent souls and armor against the perpetual intellectual assaults they'll face in this world. I'll be getting back to writing more fiction there, soon--totally non-didactic. If you're interested, I'll let you know.
Well, I could argue: you, by offerin' those who are already living free some food for their independent souls and armor against the perpetual intellectual assaults they'll face in this world are, in fact, bein' just as proactive as me. Consider: among the folks who might read your essays there might be a few agents of the state, agents who might read sumthin' in your work that gets them to thinkin' that mebbe bein' party to a vast man-leashin' machine isn't right, that mebbe they oughta re-think what they're doin'.

Me, the best I've come up with is...

a man belongs to himself

a man's life, liberty, and property are his

a man's life, liberty, or property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.

...and complimentary posts like Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat) (not countin' what I've written outside the forum) and the Bastiat essay.

You, with an entire site, might very well reach folks I never will. Certainly, you're a damn sight less prickly than me, more diplomatic.

Of the two of us, you might well make the larger, deeper, impact, even without intendin' to.

And: yeah, let me know when you get some new fiction up.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:39 am

Well, I could argue: you, by offerin' those who are already living free some food for their independent souls and armor against the perpetual intellectual assaults they'll face in this world are, in fact, bein' just as proactive as me. Consider: among the folks who might read your essays there might be a few agents of the state, agents who might read sumthin' in your work that gets them to thinkin' that mebbe bein' party to a vast man-leashin' machine isn't right, that mebbe they oughta re-think what they're doin'.

Me, the best I've come up with is...

a man belongs to himself

a man's life, liberty, and property are his
UNLESS, OF COURSE, one BELIEVES that they have the 'right' to take away "another's" 'right to life'. Which, OBVIOUSLY, 'you', "henry quirk' DO.

So, CLAIMING BOTH is VERY HYPOCRITICAL, and self-contradictory.
henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 am
a man's life, liberty, or property are only forfeit, in part or whole, when he knowingly, willingly, without just cause, deprives another, in part or whole, of life, liberty, or property.
It is GREAT to SEE that you have taken notice of what I have said and POINTED OUT, and have now changed your view/s. However, how can one have a, so called, "just cause" to take away "another's" life IF one has a 'right' to their own life?

How could it be logically possible to CLAIM "a man's life is his", but also CLAIM that 'you', "henry quirk" have a 'right' to take a "man's life away", without that being hypocritical and contradictory?
henry quirk wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 am ...and complimentary posts like Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat) (not countin' what I've written outside the forum) and the Bastiat essay.

You, with an entire site, might very well reach folks I never will. Certainly, you're a damn sight less prickly than me, more diplomatic.

Of the two of us, you might well make the larger, deeper, impact, even without intendin' to.

And: yeah, let me know when you get some new fiction up.