The Biden Binder

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm It is, but you first.
I invite you to make an objective assessment based on objective evidence, then go from there based on your view of the universe.

Walker’s contribution to date:
- Thread direction and intent.
- Close to eight hundred words of incisive, insightful topical commentary.
- Three distinct areas for discussion.
- 3 information-packed links.
- No restrictions imposed.
- No need.

commonsenses’ contribution to date:
- 54 words of nothing but need, for others to satisfy.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:06 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm It is, but you first.
I invite you to make an objective assessment based on objective evidence, then go from there based on your view of the universe.

Walker’s contribution to date:
- Thread direction and intent.
- Close to eight hundred words of incisive, insightful topical commentary.
- Three distinct areas for discussion.
- 3 information-packed links.
- No restrictions imposed.
- No need.

commonsenses’ contribution to date:
- 54 words of nothing but need, for others to satisfy.
Terrapin Station asked you, not me.

If you continue to avoid the question, you must be sane and unwilling to reveal a weakness or you must have ADD and are unable to focus. Either way, you are right to keep your thoughts to yourself.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:39 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:01 pm How about we actually pick a topic and talk about it?
By all means, jump right in.

Answer your own questions about the topic.

We're sourcing the same material.

Tip: If you actually want to make your insights relevant to the thread, present in terms of ostensible/true.
That's the focus of the thread, no need to change it.
Well, so for one, I don't see automatic voter registration and mail-in-ballots as a problem. I see it as a good thing instead.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:34 pm What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

kill them...salvage what you can, burn the rest
I've been contemplating this philosophy as it applies to the Intellectual Realm, this realm.

I think under these conditions, the scorched-earth philosophy boils down to burning for new growth, clearing out the underbrush, letting the big trees breathe.

A lot can be written about this, such as, intellectual death is necessary for intellectual birth, and growth.

The ego has strong hooks, though. Ossified concepts and views based on delusion are just as powerful as those based on truth.
it's more basic than that, I think, and no metaphors are needed: the essential struggle between men, as far back as you wanna go, is the war between the free man and the slaver...there's always someone lookin' to apply the leash...such folks have gotten damned good at hidin' their intention...they mask behind language, philosophy, religion, and politics...they transmit via culture...we'll never be rid of 'em...the war goes on and on and on...

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm Ostensible/true

voting laws ... covered.

gun control ... covered.

open borders ...

Ostensibly, the intent of open borders is to provide asylum for world suffering.

In truth, the intent of open borders is simply to get more voters for the Democratic Party.
In, 'whose', truth is this actually happening?

Is this is what is happening in 'your' truth, alone?

Is this is what is happening in 'some people's' truth?

Is this is what is happening in 'ALL of the people in the democratic party's' truth? Or,

Is this is what is happening in 'thee One and ONLY ACTUAL' Truth, of 'things'?

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm There's more going on.
Lots of discussion topics.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:23 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:34 pm What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

kill them...salvage what you can, burn the rest
I've been contemplating this philosophy as it applies to the Intellectual Realm, this realm.

I think under these conditions, the scorched-earth philosophy boils down to burning for new growth, clearing out the underbrush, letting the big trees breathe.

A lot can be written about this, such as, intellectual death is necessary for intellectual birth, and growth.

The ego has strong hooks, though. Ossified concepts and views based on delusion are just as powerful as those based on truth.
it's more basic than that, I think, and no metaphors are needed: the essential struggle between men, as far back as you wanna go, is the war between the free man and the slaver...there's always someone lookin' to apply the leash...such folks have gotten damned good at hidin' their intention...they mask behind language, philosophy, religion, and politics...they transmit via culture...we'll never be rid of 'em...the war goes on and on and on...
And a GREAT WAY to HIDE behind the fact that want to control "others", their True intention, is to just say that they have "A right to own a gun". That way the one with the most or biggest guns can have the most control, and biggest leash, over "others".

It could even be argued that the ones who have the obviously disjointed and distorted view that, "we have a right to own guns/power", are the biggest and most dangerous 'slavers/controllers' to ever exist.

And these 'slavers' who do and say this, under the mask of "we are protecting ourselves", are the most DELUDED of ALL. They are actually NOT 'free' anymore.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:13 am

And a GREAT WAY to HIDE behind the fact that want to control "others", their True intention, is to just say that they have "A right to own a gun". That way the one with the most or biggest guns can have the most control, and biggest leash, over "others".

It could even be argued that the ones who have the obviously disjointed and distorted view that, "we have a right to own guns/power", are the biggest and most dangerous 'slavers/controllers' to ever exist.

And these 'slavers' who do and say this, under the mask of "we are protecting ourselves", are the most DELUDED of ALL. They are actually NOT 'free' anymore.
good job...here, have a 🍪 (I promise I won't tell your mommy)

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:44 am

You have 'attempted' to 'apply the leash', once again, by 'trying to' treat the "other" condescendingly.

Yet your response here reveals that you actually can NOT argue against what I have said here.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Terrapin Station wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:34 pm Well, so for one, I don't see automatic voter registration and mail-in-ballots as a problem. I see it as a good thing instead.
I've heard that it's not a common practice in voting countries, because it invites fraud.

A good research project would be to fact check that, see what countries refuse to use it, and their reasons.
In fact, see if any country used it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:02 am
Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm Ostensible/true

voting laws ... covered.

gun control ... covered.

open borders ...

Ostensibly, the intent of open borders is to provide asylum for world suffering.

In truth, the intent of open borders is simply to get more voters for the Democratic Party.
In, 'whose', truth is this actually happening?

Is this is what is happening in 'your' truth, alone?

Is this is what is happening in 'some people's' truth?

Is this is what is happening in 'ALL of the people in the democratic party's' truth? Or,

Is this is what is happening in 'thee One and ONLY ACTUAL' Truth, of 'things'?

Walker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm There's more going on.
Lots of discussion topics.
Sri Nisargadatta advises that all one can ever know for certain is, I Am. All else is inference.

Thus without certainty, inference is subject to probability.

Probability is determined in many ways: experience, past knowledge, the quality of elements that comprise a situation, etc. For example, Tom Brady's presence automatically affects probability because of past performance, even though he's athletically ancient.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 pm
Terrapin Station asked you, not me.

If you continue to avoid the question, you must be sane and unwilling to reveal a weakness or you must have ADD and are unable to focus. Either way, you are right to keep your thoughts to yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzYXLKAb_qc
Walker

Post by Walker »

Could be as basic as good vs. evil.
Walker

Post by Walker »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm And the baby cages
Clean 'em up, head 'em up, move 'em out.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:29 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:44 am

You have 'attempted' to 'apply the leash', once again, by 'trying to' treat the "other" condescendingly.

Yet your response here reveals that you actually can NOT argue against what I have said here.
I'm not arguin' cuz you mean nuthin' to me...your opinion means nuthin' to me

'nuff said
Walker

Post by Walker »

It’s funny how information is framed in terms of Biden does this, and Biden does that. Most of what Biden does is to get groomed for the camera, read what the teleprompter says, take a nap and watch his digestion. One wonders what’s in his confidential daily cocktails.

Biden sparks TERF war with gender discrimination order
https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/joe-biden ... ion-order/

“WASHINGTON — President Biden set off a heated identity politics debate less than 24 hours into his presidency when he signed a gender discrimination order that has drawn heat from critics who accuse him of erasing women’s rights.
“Language in the order would allow transgender women to participate in women’s sport leagues.”

Commentary: This is mandated and not legislated. Some lobbyist got to someone who got to someone who told Biden to sign a paper in a blue binder for the camera, and hand out pens for souveniers.

As a result, women suffer the consequences.