The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:20 am I asked an honest question:
Le Ponte was executed by terrorists, if the GG were as Sepratists he had the legal authority to deny marshall law in Montreal.
It was "Laporte," and you're talking about an incident that took place in the early '70s. As for the martial law, it was declared by the PM, not the GG. https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1970 ... rtial-law/

The GG is nothing...a rubber stamp on things already done. If you've got a story to tell, you can tell it. I'm not stopping you.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 am do you value discussion
Yes, but of course, not pointless repetition of the same wrong information. So we should just move on. "The Crown" means nothing today, in Commonwealth countries. That's just how it is.
ok, whne did England "repatriat the Canadian Constitution - charter of rights a freedoms?

BEFORE to AFTER Le Ponte' muder?

- that is important!

then we may discuss - esp if BEFORE!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:14 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:20 am I asked an honest question:
Le Ponte was executed by terrorists, if the GG were as Sepratists he had the legal authority to deny marshall law in Montreal.
It was "Laporte," and you're talking about an incident that took place in the early '70s. As for the martial law, it was declared by the PM, not the GG. https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1970 ... rtial-law/

The GG is nothing...a rubber stamp on things already done. If you've got a story to tell, you can tell it. I'm not stopping you.
my mistake and appoligies to Laporte - no dissrespect intended, my he RIP.and good that Cross did not end up the same way.

---per the PM and GG, i really do think you are wrong there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG and only the GG can delaire marshall law.

- you are the Canadian, not i!!!!!!, so do your research and get back to me - if you are willing to disscuss things like the Rule of Law and Constitutional Powers.

though i just a dumb american, i do not think the PM ahs the power - not in 74 and not now - to dclair marshall law and cal in the tanls/ (maybe tyhe PM can decliare marshall law - but only hte GG can cal lin the tank? - you are the canadian not me!).

school me on the powers of the PM and of the GG - i think (though a dumb american) you assume the PM has more powers and the GG has less powers due to history ......last time the GG used power was in 74, and before that in ww1. so you assume all that is "old history"a nd so irrelivant. But i am a legalist - as long as there is no bill realing theose old powers not used in decades those powers are still legal and valid.

- so lets talk Sir!!!!!!!!!! --------this is an important topic for me - Rule of Law/legalisms etc.........

hope you are well BTW. and thanks for repyl.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

ok I read your link, the article says Trudeau declaired marshall law - i don't think that is legal without the GG ok on the matter.

thanks for the link - i rad it. and now i will have to do my homework on the matter - for i still think that power resides with the GG.

Give me a week to do my own "research" and get back to you.

I affirm facts over feelings and will my duty toward the former.

good day Sir.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:47 pm ok, whne did England "repatriat the Canadian Constitution - charter of rights a freedoms?/
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ ... nstitution
After Laporte's murder, but by a long time.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:10 am
gaffo wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:47 pm ok, whne did England "repatriat the Canadian Constitution - charter of rights a freedoms?/
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ ... nstitution
After Laporte's murder, but by a long time.
ok, thanks to the cogent reply and link to The Charter o fR a F of 82.

my question to you - since this thread is about the GG's power - does that charter say anything or limit siaid powers?

just asking as a dumb american.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

utterly off topic, but wish to show my libertarin philosophy.

per my nation, the South had the right to succeed the Union - having joined it voluntarily 80 yrs prior (no conony would join to form a uion in 1777 if it was non-revocable later).

as long as it was done democractically - via the vote. and since only land owners and makes had the right to vote over those 80 yrs, then the votes in the souther states were lawfull and legal. no more nor less "demorcatic than the northern states from 17787 to 1860 - so yes the 11 southern states legally left the Union of the American Stats via a legal vote of 60 to 40.

the uion illegally ingonred this legal and valid vote to leave the uion to illegally invade the South and impose illegal rule - and hypocricy - since Maryland and Delaware had slaves throughout the cival war - and even the amancipation proclamation did not apply to states ont in rebelion - o Delawar and Mariland slaves were legally property - while the 11 states in the confederacy such slavres are free and. lol. i loathe hypocrisy.

and ya lincoln was a hypocrite - over rated, give me washington anyday

BTW Thonmsa Dorr fight a war over limited representation - and took a 10 yr prison sentence fore it.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 am my question to you - since this thread is about the GG's power - does that charter say anything or limit siaid powers?
Again, the GG's real powers are at the level of a parade captain...ceremonial only.
Doug1943

Post by Doug1943 »

Getting in late here, and perhaps this has already been covered, if so, ignore.

What happened in Washington was of course illegal. And it was 'worse than a crime, it was a blunder'.
The word 'insurrection' is often used to cover riots -- like those which occurred in 1968, by leftists -- but I think that's a poor use of the word. It should be restricted to attempts to actually seize power, which the Washington riot was not.

What the riot did was show the poor state of organization of the patriotic forces in the US. If American patriots had a serious national organization, that demonstration would have been stewarded -- just like PCI/CGI demos in Paris were, by their service d'ordre groups -- and the hot-heads (and possible provocateurs) would have been dealt with.

So American patriots have their work cut out for them. The 'militia' groups in the US are a step in the right direction, but they focus far too much on armed combat situations. We are not there yet (and I hope we are never there). What we need is for groups to train in, and prepare themselves for, "sub-lethal warfare" -- the sort that AntiFa and similar groups engage in.

In the meantime, the people who breached the capitol should plead guilty to the lowest possible charge, where the individual concerned did not engage in direct violence against police officers. They should also point out that in riot after riot, some of which had lethal results, the BLM/AntiFa rioters were not arrested; in the rare cases in which they were, often their bail was paid for by 'Progressives'.

One law for them, another for us. But this is the way America is sliding.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:59 am
gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 am my question to you - since this thread is about the GG's power - does that charter say anything or limit siaid powers?
Again, the GG's real powers are at the level of a parade captain...ceremonial only.
opk, not taking your relpy as golden, and to be honest i forgot all about my investigation of the GG power i said i would investigate 2 weeks ago.

I like you - i think the your posts are honest and a reflection of your character - and i in effect gave my word that i would inform myself of the GG powers per the Canadian constrcutct (but forgot - not lazy - just forgot).

I value my word, and with your assent I wish for an extention of 2 wks to inform my self upon the powers of your GG per the Rule of Law.

ok?

thanks for rely - as always i do like your sir and call you a friend, - though 100 mil away via the either - you got a heart and a mind and so all needd for me a least to call you suuck.

----------------

off topic, but just - after watching YT music reacations from youg folks that never knew of great mucis from our time - Doors, Beetle, Supertramp (my fav of the 70's - Beetles were of the 65 60's) - Super is criminally underrateed and forgotten today................oh an dAmierca nearly on par with Super in the 70's - before they became pop.

anyway watched a few YT channels from Rapper younguns that never heard of any of them - funnny and sad to see they never heard of the Dors or the Who - but glad they liked what they heard................

anyway - I hat RAP BTW (my Bias - no crooning - just a talk over) nor melody (but to each their own - i nhate jazz too - more prog rock and folk rock guy myelft - so open minded - i hate rap but if others like it fin by me............................

anyway, to continue the utterly off topic, ran accros some rapper named TomMacdonald and his song whiteboy - tthe lyrics are fully on point - check his song out - the sould is rap so i hated, but what he said is fully affirmed by my personal philosphy.

i was glad that most of the rappers reaction channel's agreed wtih his lyrics.

- i.e. all man are the same, don't judge a man by his coveer - inhirtited sin is bullshit. (amen Ezekiel).

thaks for rply Emanual.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:09 am I value my word, and with your assent I wish for an extention of 2 wks to inform my self upon the powers of your GG per the Rule of Law.
Well, take all the time you need...but there's not much point, really. The GG is a historical role, and doesn't much matter today.
----------------
anyway - I hat RAP
Can't stand the stuff, myself.
anyway, to continue the utterly off topic, ran accros some rapper named TomMacdonald and his song whiteboy - tthe lyrics are fully on point - check his song out
-
Alright, I will.
thaks for rply Emanual.
No probs.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:48 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:56 am I read that Julie Payette resigned from your Viroy/King/Queenship last month.
I believe you'll find that Canada only has a queen as a figurehead...she actually has no real power. She's a kind of "Uncle Sam" figure, not a true head-of-state anymore. Canada is a Parliamentary Democracy, and the true head of state is the PM, you'll discover.

She's totally symbolic...kind of like the last election in the US.
We are OFFICIALLY a "constitutional monarchy" unless CHALLENGED. It is a 'friendly' dictatorship and our 'parliamentary democracy' part is only the Monarch's grace, not the other way around. I find it odd that you'd respect UNSPOKEN formalism but hold up to the 'legitimacy' of OWNERSHIP as securely formal. In other words, if 'ownership' matters, our system is 'owned' by the Queen. If not, then why would the capitalist mindset think it essential to impose the most formal claims about what is yours as ONLY justified as contractually secured?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Scott Mayers wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:18 am ...if 'ownership' matters, our system is 'owned' by the Queen.
Hogwash. :D You can't "own" people. And the Queen gave up her official governmental role long ago, even in England. Nowadays the "monarch" only signs whatever is given her by parliament, and doesn't do it for Canada anymore at all.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:30 am
Scott Mayers wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:18 am ...if 'ownership' matters, our system is 'owned' by the Queen.
Hogwash. :D You can't "own" people.
uless your are Henry the 8th or Muhammed Bin Sallmin

;-).

then you do ;-(.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:30 am
Hogwash. :D You can't "own" people. And the Queen gave up her official governmental role long ago, even in England. Nowadays the "monarch" only signs whatever is given her by parliament, and doesn't do it for Canada anymore at all.
Get it in writing. We may lack official support of 'slaves'. But what this MEANS requires proof that no one is 'indemnified' to servility to others in order for them to obtain the equal freedom to have minimal SOCIAL necessities as equal individuals among the whole. We each require a minimal of necessities and real INITIATING opportunities on par with one another, ...not merely realized 'outcome' nor illusory ones.

Feudalism WAS the prior status of 'dictatorship' (derogatory modern meaning) to which capitalism freed by making the artison classes able to rise up. Today it is beyond that as the '(private) corporation' has now gone far beyond the means to act as a replacement representing all people. But the formal means to ACT to preserve the status of the Constitution by the Monarchy is no different in meaning to Marx's intended "dicatator of the proletariat" who was only removing the concept of a presumed 'right' to rule by some 'god'.

Note the Monarch's veto power is the final check on ALL laws that get past the House of Commons and the Senate. Nothing becomes laws without it. Our 'Governor General's' serve this role but it lacks any REASON to keep and acts as a 'welfare' for special select people. I CAN see it be potentially useful and don't frown on the 'romantism' of it. But the only reason it is kept is precisely what Marx had in mind of 'dictator' except that given it is not supposed to be religious, Marx version is a REPUBLICAN type head similiar to the U.S. President but, more like royalty, could serve for potential life. [See "philosopher king" of Plato's Republic for evolution of 'republican' ideas.]