The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: The Capitol building is breached by the Retrumplicans NOW!

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:48 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:33 am likewise totonto is what -15 or so (Farinhiet - not into celcious/centagrade)/
I don't know...but it will be on the weather channel, if you want to check. :wink:
I read that Julie Payette resigned from your Viroy/King/Queenship last month. I wonder why she didn'y just refuse to resign and fire Trudeu? THe GG has that authority, and was used by the GG of Australia to fire the PM in 74.

All Julie need was an "ok" by your Queen.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:56 am I read that Julie Payette resigned from your Viroy/King/Queenship last month.
I believe you'll find that Canada only has a queen as a figurehead...she actually has no real power. She's a kind of "Uncle Sam" figure, not a true head-of-state anymore. Canada is a Parliamentary Democracy, and the true head of state is the PM, you'll discover.

She's totally symbolic...kind of like the last election in the US.
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:48 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:56 am I read that Julie Payette resigned from your Viroy/King/Queenship last month.
I believe you'll find that Canada only has a queen as a figurehead...she actually has no real power. She's a kind of "Uncle Sam" figure, not a true head-of-state anymore. Canada is a Parliamentary Democracy, and the true head of state is the PM, you'll discover.
Dudley Do-Right eh?

-Imp
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:48 am
Dudley Do-Right eh?

-Imp
Gotta have one heck of a big jaw for that.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:48 am

She's totally symbolic...
In practice , not in principle.

tell your above to the folks in Australia in the 70'/

and th thousands of your countrymen drafted by your GG during ww1,

GG is a relic of the visroys of old in the Commonwealth, you may think its all title, but ""under the books--letter of the law" your Queen has the power to sing off on Julies refusal to resign and to call for a new election of the Candain PM.

as was done - as i said in Autralia in 74?

----I'm not talking about the convention of society, i'm talking about the letter of the law - as as long as your parlement dos not specifically via legislation remove either the post or power of the GG - the GG is in theory the ruler of canda, and Australia and NZ (ep. if backed by a strong Royal).

Virtoria was srtong - i assume in 74, and now weak. and so PAyette stepped down instead of what happened in Australia 45 yrs ago.

------GG post you may think has ben symbolic since the dawn of time, but that post was last used with power via the Quebec terrorists in the 70's - the GG of the time was the only one that had the authority to call in the tanks and marshall law to lock down Montreal.

50 yrs later is the same - GG post remains and is the only person that can call upon the Canadian Armed Forces - so if Quebec repeats the uppity terroist they did back ni the 70 - in ay 2025 - your PM lack the authority to call in the tanks - he will have to bow to the GG to make that order. - as was the case in the 70's/

I know my history and my law - as in the rule of law/letter of law - not convention (the latter is irrelivent until the former is repealed by the same letter of the law).. To wall off abuse of power you can't rely upon convention, you have to codify it via repeal.

--------------

And so, sin since your parlement never bothered to nulify the post of the GG by law, the GG still have full powers under the letter of the alw - if not via social convention.

so in an alternate universe - Payette could refuse to resign, VVict 2 with a spine/grevanece could sing off on Payette's refusal to resing, and in turn fire your PM on ordeer of the Queen.

It get dicey though, because your Nation has had 2-3 llevel of independance - ffirst was in the 20's, (actually first was the brits allwoing your to become a "brit dominion" in the mid 19th century)the tthe 60's (related to the British High Court for C Canadian felons - Canadian courts did tthier thing and defendants were sent via appeal to the Brit Supremem court (so if can court thought the guy was guilty as sin, but brits courst aquited your guys had to lmp it) - you threw off the brit SC i nthe 60 some time - so by then fully independant.

but are you? - if you formally still recognize the GG - and that her boss - the queen has authority - then per the letter of Canadian law - though an independant nations - must abide by the authority of a now foreigner - victoria 2 as having actual lagel power in in a soverign state~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just sayin.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:34 pm In practice , not in principle.
She's devoid of actual government functions. She's a figurehead, and no more. You might as well imagine the Statue of Liberty is going to throw Biden out of office.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:46 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:34 pm In practice , not in principle.
She's devoid of actual government functions. She's a figurehead, and no more. You might as well imagine the Statue of Liberty is going to throw Biden out of office.
read my above the GG was the only one to authorize tanks into Montreoal (sp) in mid 70's/ you may think the GG has no power because the GG has not used it, but that power ison the books.

an earlier GG drafted10 of thousands into ww1, without candaian pop support at the time - 1917.

so in principle - if not practice - your GG is the supreme authority of Canada - until your parlement removes said authority by law/ - which they are too lazy to do - assuming "convention" is enough to think they need not - so GG is just a figurehead now, unitil unseen extinuating circumstances - like the 70's Montreal unrest - tehn GG had to sign off to send in the tanks - well a future unseen may require another GG to do the same - and no nPM can send in the tanks until...........either GG signs or your parlement gets off its ass and removes the GG authority per the letter of the law (not fking cultural convention)- refer to the asuies on that one - refer to above prior post.

thanks for post - i still like you - you are a good man with honour always a pleasure to talk with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yKzq3ueGr8
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

lets play the alternative history game shall we?? - i love doing tthis myself.

lets asume the GG of the mid 70's as a Quebec Separaritist (You porb know who he was - I'm just a dumb American so know nothing about who the GG of Canada was at that time - - we are playing alternative istory here so bear with me).

Peirre Trudue calls the GG to ask him to AUTHORIZE MARSHALL LAW IN mONTREAL(SP) DUE TO lE pOINTE'S MUDER AND cROSS'S KIDNAPPING. THE gg REFUSES REQUEST.

- got my caps fuled up......you can follow.

What happened"

1. GG - though is the GG and has authorit per the letter of the law - si a separatist - so Trudue ignores the GG refusal and ......does what? orders the tanks in anyway? - in contrevetionof the Canadian Law, do the feild commanders obay the illegal order and move tanks in? or do they ignore the PM?

2. Trudue (fk my dyslexia) konws that the GG is king of the Candian forces, and just stands aside and no tanks roll into Montreal(sp).

????? you think the GG was a position without authority in the 70s? - just JUST it happened to be that the GG of the time agreed with the PM of the time -a nd so we it all ell.

not so!

Think Sir.

sorry to be piss poor spelling - but you need to think about this stuff, we are talking about the Rule of Law here - not social convention.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 am you may think the GG has no power because the GG has not used it, but that power ison the books.
It's entirely ceremonial. The last vestige of UK power in Canada died when they repatriated their constitution.
thanks for post - i still like you - you are a good man with honour always a pleasure to talk with you.
Likewise. Have a nice evening.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:29 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 am you may think the GG has no power because the GG has not used it, but that power ison the books.
It's entirely ceremonial. The last vestige of UK power in Canada died when they repatriated their constitution.

a carte blanche dissmissal is not good enough sir!!!!!!!!

its 1974 and the GG has refused to orde the tanks in after la Ponte's mude.

what happens on the groud in canada?

Likewise. Have a nice evening.
likewise the likewise, but you gotta do better than "just cerimonial".

you saying Canda has no LAws nor charter of Fredoms - alll folks living upo there just act according to cerimonial convention? and cultural tradition?

lol.

please point - i.e. of in 74 the GG as a separatist resuses to send in the tanks - what happens in Canada?

thanks for reply - if only a hair above a quip........I'd hate tosee you turn into another Henry. - you offer so much more then him ;-/.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:50 am
It's all there is. I'm right. Sorry.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:11 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:50 am
It's all there is. I'm right. Sorry.
do you value discussion - we are talking about the rule of law of your land Sir!!!!!!!!

or just no discussion about the laws of your land and the GG legal powers.

you dissapoint me - serously you do.

I value history and law, do you?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

I asked an honest question:

Le Ponte was executed by terrorists, if the GG were as Sepratists he had the legal authority to deny marshall law in Montreal.

------and you addresed none of my conserns - thanks for nothing.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

I have personal stroy about my maltreatment by Canadian Boarder agents in 2011 i would love to tell you about on my vacation to Halifax, but you deny talking about the GG and Candian rule of law per that position, so fk it.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 am do you value discussion
Yes, but of course, not pointless repetition of the same wrong information. So we should just move on. "The Crown" means nothing today, in Commonwealth countries. That's just how it is.