the limits of fascism

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Scott Mayers

Re: the limits of fascism

Post by Scott Mayers »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 am Heh. :D Nothing of the kind. It isn't "gaslighting" if you ask somebody for the evidence of what they claim. That's just good sense.
Gaslighting is the devious act of feigning that others are the one's acting out of the norm by staying in character as though you sincerely do not notice the truth. It is from the movie which had a husband who wanted his wife to appear insane by asserting the gas lights were turning on and off by themselves when the husband prestaged it to do so. It has nothing to do with asking for evidence, it has to do with PRETENDING that any evidence put forward never occurred.
Democrats believe that EACH person is 'equal'

No they don't. They believe half of their own country is "deplorable."
And given that they are so hard to locate, what are the odds they have any leverage at all in the present political climate?
They are not hard to locate.
Then you should have no problem at all pointing them out.
... do you REALLY think they [Antifa} are lying when they say they are antifacists?
Absolutely. Just like BLM are lying when they say they're "anti-racist," and then say that only "black lives matter," and nobody can say "all lives matter," and when they claim to be representing MLK, the pacifist who believed people should not be judged by their skin.

Pretty much all the Left does is lie. But they don't even think it's wrong, because they think the allegedly "good" end of them getting their way justifies the temporary means of lying.
And in this response you prove deceptive once again. You are attempting to con people into reinterpreting what is evil as angelic and vice versa. Respond to this comparison of Antifa that you intentionally skipped, not to mention Trump's support as a right-winger FOR the fascists:

You are acting as though the Jews in Concentration camps should be ashamed of themselves if they dared to 'protest' in whichever kind of violence they might use as though they were 'equal' in the fascists evil for resisting their torture! They were certainly Antifa in principle.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Scott Mayers wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:18 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 am Heh. :D Nothing of the kind. It isn't "gaslighting" if you ask somebody for the evidence of what they claim. That's just good sense.
Gaslighting is the devious act of feigning...
Well, I'm not "feigning" anything. I just asked for your evidence. That's all.

Trump's support as a right-winger FOR the fascists:
There are no fascists for them to support. And Trump has denounced the ideology himself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqKj9-Ivlo) But it's interesting that you're so preoccupied with a former president...
Jews in Concentration camps...were certainly Antifa in principle.
Heck no. "Antifa" is a whole different thing from innocent victims, and is in fact one form of the new fascism.

The blackshirts beating up Koreans and elderly store owners in Portland, or shooting black cops while looting, or sacking Seattle or Minneapolis, or Atlanta, or Dallas, or LA, or Kenosha, or Rochester...and so on, have zero in common with the Jewish victims of the Holocaust. That's an entirely specious comparison, especially since Antifa are the new fascists. Look at their tactics: how many Jews in Germany sacked towns and punched out store owners, or set fires to police stations, or marched in brainless hordes through the streets, wearing face masks and throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails, or squatting in public buildings or taking over downtowns, or used bully tactics to silence opponents, or stole from businesses... But Hitler's brownshirts themselves sure did those kinds of things. Think of Kristallnacht. :shock:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:08 am he ain't my houseplant, er, president
For Biden, the tools of office are an early bedtime, a hot cup of milk and a warm diaper.
For China, the new tools of office are Smokin' Joe The houseplant Biden, and Cum-ala The Whore Harris.

Those two are just the latest additions to the Chi-Slaver toolbox: older models of screwdrivers and hammers include the whole of Republican and Democrat parties (and the democratic processes they skew); the whole of the print, broadcast, and electronic media (including the entertainment industry); and a sizable chunk of academia.

In other words: the first three boxes belong to the slavers.

When a man's voice is silenced, when his vote is negated, when his redress subverted: what's left?

No, and the 4th box.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote:
But it's interesting that you're so preoccupied with a former president...
Are you not interested why some Republicans still support Donald Trump?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm Immanuel Can wrote:
I'm not at all interested in Trump at all, really. But I'm certainly not interested in buying into the Left's plan about what I ought to think of him, or their patently absurd suggestions that he's a "Nazi" or "white supremacist." Too funny. And maybe the whole "Russia collusion" hoax ended any chance of that, for me. But they're absurd claims have just kept coming...and I've stopped listening to their whinging at all.

As they say, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

To be honest, I'm not even in his country, and have no particular stake in what happens to him. It's the Left's own conduct that makes me despise their ideological fixations. They have themselves to thank for that...they don't need any help from Trump.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:00 pm
Belinda wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm Immanuel Can wrote:
I'm not at all interested in Trump at all, really. But I'm certainly not interested in buying into the Left's plan about what I ought to think of him, or their patently absurd suggestions that he's a "Nazi" or "white supremacist." Too funny. And maybe the whole "Russia collusion" hoax ended any chance of that, for me. But they're absurd claims have just kept coming...and I've stopped listening to their whinging at all.

As they say, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

To be honest, I'm not even in his country, and have no particular stake in what happens to him. It's the Left's own conduct that makes me despise their ideological fixations. They have themselves to thank for that...they don't need any help from Trump.
You did not answer the question which was to do with the Republican party of the US. Whatever country you live in what happens in the US affects you.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am Are you not interested why some Republicans still support Donald Trump?
You did not answer the question which was to do with the Republican party of the US.
I did answer it. I said I am not "interested." It seems to me an entirely trivial question.

What's not clear about "it's not interesting"? That would seem to be the most direct answer to your question, would it not?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:59 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am Are you not interested why some Republicans still support Donald Trump?
You did not answer the question which was to do with the Republican party of the US.
I did answer it. I said I am not "interested." It seems to me an entirely trivial question.

What's not clear about "it's not interesting"? That would seem to be the most direct answer to your question, would it not?
A conversation stopper, such as that , is direct but not part of any conversation.

I am having to believe there is a man who knows a lot about The Bible and is not interested in current affairs.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:59 pm

A conversation stopper, such as that , is direct but not part of any conversation.
You asked me, and I answered honestly and plainly. If you didn't get the answer you wanted, what can I do about that? Be dishonest?
I am having to believe there is a man who knows a lot about The Bible and is not interested in current affairs.
I am. But I feel myself utterly untroubled about the former president. I marvel that you're still chewing on him...it seems to me...disproportionate, and a little unrealistic, if I might say.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am Are you not interested...
Well, here's something interesting, B.

You may find it interesting as well. It seems the "Alt-Right" does exist...it's very small and hard to find, apparently, and it has no political or media clout, and is probably a threat to nobody and nothing, but it does exist, perhaps.

Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXL00wY3nY

I thought the "three key beliefs of the Alt-Right" were very interesting.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:11 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am Are you not interested...
Well, here's something interesting, B.

You may find it interesting as well. It seems the "Alt-Right" does exist...it's very small and hard to find, apparently, and it has no political or media clout, and is probably a threat to nobody and nothing, but it does exist, perhaps.

Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXL00wY3nY

I thought the "three key beliefs of the Alt-Right" were very interesting.
But far right feeling is thriving all over the world not only in the far right remnants of the Republican party. You need to recognise the devil.
The Devil:
Not only Trumplican but also Putin, certain criminal Arab dictators, The Myanmar military, the UK Tories and arms exporters, and Xi-Jinping of China.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:33 am But far right feeling is thriving all over the world
Actually, you should watch the video. It's not.

The Alt-Right does exist, but is a very limited stock of characters in a very limited area. It's no serious political force anywhere.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:47 pm
And you are just proving the case by what you intentionally leave out.

You are 'feigning' THAT no evidence is presented by merely asserting that you have not had any. You are begging THAT no one could present any 'evidence' and thus DEFINE OUT the possiblity even if any should be given.

The 'gaslighting' is related to you PRETENDING facts but proving that you are manipulating the context, like NOT quoting what you are directly responding to so that others who might read are misdirected into thinking someone said something else with innuendo. The nature of you intentionally leaving OUT such context proves your deception to those responding to you that you disagree with.

Your incessant repetition to POINT AWAY from your own political abuses by pointing out DISTANT historical abuses that cannot be proven nor disproven is intentionally using the stereotyping of the 'enemy' class you want others to be IMMUNIZED against. You might tell those you FEAR being convinced of something that might expose your frauds by demonizing the ASSOCIATION of some position to something. You are "poisoning the well" of others also by the same tactic rather than using rational arguments of appeal.

FUNNY, considering you are the one pointing fault at the masses. The term 'democrat' refers to those who believe that a GOVERNMENT is something OWNED by ALL the people, not by and for some SPECIAL class of people who inherit power by wealth or luck alone. A 'Republican' believes in the literal version as intiated by Plato that references the "philosopher King" BUT believe differently in that the KINGS you believe ONLY have to have the ownership signficiance. That is, you believe that the owner should have MORE POWER PER VOTE than each person. Your belief is NON-democratic because you interpret people run governments as MORE flawed than to the whims of arbitrary people who simply have power rule simply for owning the 'guns' to power, such as wealth and defensive barricades against the majority you deem are the "deplorables".

Thus, you are being hypocritical to even state the above.
There are no fascists for them to support. And Trump has denounced the ideology himself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqKj9-Ivlo) But it's interesting that you're so preoccupied with a former president...[/quote]
Again,...proof of leaving out context. The 'context' missing?: that I pointed out that the very fascists who are PROUD to declare so, all align with YOUR political ideology, not the democratic majority. The White Supremacists do not allign with the liberal left as they ALL interpret them as 'commies'. And your lack of responding to this as 'evidence' by HIDING the context in quotes is again supporting your intention to gaslight the respondents to your posts.
Jews in Concentration camps...were certainly Antifa in principle.
Heck no. "Antifa" is a whole different thing from innocent victims, and is in fact one form of the new fascism.

The blackshirts beating up Koreans and elderly store owners in Portland, or shooting black cops while looting, or sacking Seattle or Minneapolis, or Atlanta, or Dallas, or LA, or Kenosha, or Rochester...and so on, have zero in common with the Jewish victims of the Holocaust. That's an entirely specious comparison, especially since Antifa are the new fascists. Look at their tactics: how many Jews in Germany sacked towns and punched out store owners, or set fires to police stations, or marched in brainless hordes through the streets, wearing face masks and throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails, or squatting in public buildings or taking over downtowns, or used bully tactics to silence opponents, or stole from businesses... But Hitler's brownshirts themselves sure did those kinds of things. Think of Kristallnacht. :shock:
I already argue against using counter tactics of abuse that the abusers are using. However, the gaslighting and other forms of deceptive behavior by the 'Right' is justifying WHY they are acting in kind to those they are fighting against. I don't approve of censorship and yet for NOT doing so, you EXPLOIT your use of 'freedom of speech' by intentionally DECIEVING with FORCE! Had you proven that you VOLUNTEER good behavior WHEN granted such freedom, YOU and NOT the LEFT are CAUSING THE VERY THING YOU CLAIM TO BE AGAINST AS IF YOU WERE JUST INTENDING THIS. ....and why I thanked you for being a 'commrade' for FORCING society to HAVE TO censor Trump. I don't agree with censorship, for instance, BUT find that the extremists (of which you no doubt think you are NOT), DO believe in it as the means to have ONLY the owner-class be permitted to govern (and silence the non-owner class).

If you wanted to defeat the abuses you accuse of on the left, why use the very tactics that SPECIFICALLY abuse in principle and practice? I also already argued why the LEFT is actually as much controlled by many sub-conservative thinkers JUST LIKE YOU, but from different cultural-religious beliefs that are in LESS power AT PRESENT. As such, their actual stances may NOT be 'democratic' because they believe in limiting the freedoms that the LEFT stands for. The FACT here is that the KIND of thinking regardless of where people's political side is, FAVORS the 'conservative' mindset because it is them who fear a LOSS of some power of some sort.

So, IF the LEFT were no different to the RIGHT in actual dominant behaviors, the LEFT STILL has the preference of those like me who don't associate to ANY CULT because they are more DIVERSE. If given your belief that the LEFT is 'evil', it is only such for what they share with the kind of abuses those who in principle reside on the RIGHT believe IN PRINCPLE.

If ALL people are 'evil' in some crowd, like in a prison environment for instance, AND you are an individual with NO affiliation to any group, you lose by all regardless. But IF given the choice between having ONE specific 'evil' cult rule over MANY, the side I would have to take is the one that has MANY because I'd have more diversity there among other LIKE myself who are disenfrancized AND are not expected to JOIN IN with any SPECIFIC cult among them there. However, if I had to favor the solitary 'evil' that is more concentrated of ONE (or FEW) kinds on the RIGHT, I'd be FORCED to accept the black-and-white extremes there or keep completely silent for fear of real consequences.

The LEFT (without concern to groups supporting them by cults there) are FORCED to agree to 'liberal' freedoms even among the 'disenfrancized' population because otherwise they run into conflict MORE OFTEN by competing cults there. The problem for me and others like me is that we are FUCKED no matter what because of those like yourself as everpresent. I COULD align with your racists, as many disenfrancized whites have done; but while this is a desperate act for many, I do not want to further empower them simply for being scared of reprisals. NOR do I want what occurred in places like Germany whereby many had no choice but to side with the strict mono-cult believers only to discover that I'd be forced to pretend an ideology that I don't believe in or risk being imprisoned, killed off, or enslaved in the service of those who rule in the minority.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Scott Mayers wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:53 am
And you are just proving the case...
You're unhappy. That's what I can see. But your allegations just aren't true, so I don't really know how to help you with that.
The term 'democrat' refers to those who believe that a GOVERNMENT is something OWNED by ALL the people,

Sorry; that's a "Communist," not a "democrat." You've got to get your terms right.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats were actually started as liberal, democratic parties...options within the larger democratic system. (Well, the Democrats initially excluded persons of colour, but white males, anyway.)
...the majority you deem are the "deplorables".
I don't deem anybody "deplorable." That was a term coined by Hillary Clinton, actually, and she used it to describe Trump voters.
The White Supremacists
Which ones? Could you point them out?
... do not allign with the liberal left as they ALL interpret them as 'commies'.
When you find these teeming hordes of evil "White Supremicists," you should ask them if that's what they do. I can't seem to locate them. Meanwhile, Antifa and BLM allign with the Left, and the former is decidedly fascistic, and the latter is Communist by confession of its originators. Nice.
I don't agree with censorship, for instance,

Well, then, I'm glad. But you're now out of step with the "cancel culture" of the Left.
If you wanted to defeat the abuses you accuse of on the left, why use the very tactics that SPECIFICALLY abuse in principle and practice?
I don't. And I have not advocated those tactics.
...they believe in limiting the freedoms that the LEFT stands for.
The Left no longer stands for freedoms, actually. They may have at one time; they don't now. And I actually don't believe in limiting ANY freedoms, short of one of them causing specific and serious harm to others...so that shoe just doesn't fit.
If ALL people are 'evil' in some crowd, like in a prison environment for instance, AND you are an individual with NO affiliation to any group, you lose by all regardless.

The world is not composed of prison gangs, Scott. And I hope you don't think it is. In North America, it's composed of free individuals, who ideally place strict limits on the power of the government they choose to harm any individual, and hedge themselves about with rights that even the State cannot legitimately violate. That's what the American experiment was all about, wasn't it?
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

There are no fascists for them to support. And Trump has denounced the ideology himself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqKj9-Ivlo) But it's interesting that you're so preoccupied with a former president...
If there are no fascists, who was Trump condemning? You have to remember that Trump was under a lot of pressure at the time for his comment about 'very fine people on both sides'. You really should try to see things in their proper context.