Civil war in USA

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Re: Civil war in USA

Post by artisticsolution »

What's the alternative, imp?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

artisticsolution wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 am What's the alternative, imp?
constitutional freedom instead of liars taking advantage of human greed with false promises

"I'll steal er tax his stuff and keep it er give it to you"

I see dead leftists

-Imp
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 pm
constitutional freedom instead of liars taking advantage of human greed with false promises

I see dead leftists

-Imp
I think you are living in a fantasy world.

You allow yourself to be duped by the ultra wealthy who convince you that you should sacrifice so that they may flourish.

How about we give them a tax break when they create jobs with livable wages?

How about if they say we are going to move our businesses to another country, we say , "Fine, you will be heavily taxed when you try to do business here."

How about if we allow another company the chance to take their place when they leave?

Make no mistake...a profit is still a profit. Corporations are ruining America by demanding winner take all. There are companies who would be delighted to make a reasonable profit.

The only greed I see is the ungrateful corporations you bend over backward to serve.

Snap out of it!
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

artisticsolution wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:16 am
Impenitent wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:17 pm

I see dead leftists

-Imp
I think you are living in a fantasy world.

You allow yourself to be duped by the ultra wealthy who convince you that you should sacrifice so that they may flourish.

How about we give them a tax break when they create jobs with livable wages?

How about if they say we are going to move our businesses to another country, we say , "Fine, you will be heavily taxed when you try to do business here."

How about if we allow another company the chance to take their place when they leave?

Make no mistake...a profit is still a profit. Corporations are ruining America by demanding winner take all. There are companies who would be delighted to make a reasonable profit.

The only greed I see is the ungrateful corporations you bend over backward to serve.

Snap out of it!
the only greed you see...

once again, "I'll steal his stuff and give it to you"

-Imp
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

I'm on the side of whoever will leave me alone most.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:37 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am
I've no need to take your "fucking" advice. I have a BA in ancient history and archaeology, and an MA in intellectual history, and a half finished PhD thesis on Greek's Dark Age. I'd wager I've read more books than you, on this or most subects.
When you say "Tasidous". (LOL) I assume you meant to say Tacitus? Gibbon is good, but there has been so much written after him, about him and his topic, that Decline and Fall has faded into its own history.
why play the asshole and be one when i was agreeing with you?

i value your posts .....................thanks for showing your character bubba.

asshole.

You said " and read a fucking book on history.".
So take your fake indignation and shove it where the sun shineth not.
ya, likewise, i thought the better of you.

now i kbow better so fuck you dick.

so i return the favor asshole.

wow, how wrong i was thinking you are a honourable man. my bad, well now i know your character......lack of.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:58 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:37 am

why play the asshole and be one when i was agreeing with you?

i value your posts .....................thanks for showing your character bubba.

asshole.

You said " and read a fucking book on history.".
So take your fake indignation and shove it where the sun shineth not.
ya, likewise, i thought the better of you.

now i kbow better so fuck you dick.

so i return the favor asshole.

wow, how wrong i was thinking you are a honourable man. my bad, well now i know your character......lack of.
Have you read that book yet?? LOL
I bet you think the US won the war of 1812, and the Vietnam war??
ROLF
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Not civil war, but civil unrest—that will be the American experience—and sooner than expected by Hex in the OP.

Protesters, anti-protesters, looting, property destruction, riots, police presence, arrests and the like that accompanies these things—that’s what we’ll continue to encounter—even firearms and grenades, but not the full armament of war.

On the other hand, Hex may turn out to be precisely correct. If the police eventually resort to tanks and water cannons, we may be confronted with armed insurrection after all.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Who perpetrates the discord among American citizens? It is the opposition of Antifa and QAnon that lies at its core, accompanied by as much of the traditional left, right and center as can be engaged by each side.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 pm Who perpetrates the discord among American citizens? It is the opposition of Antifa and QAnon that lies at its core, accompanied by as much of the traditional left, right and center as can be engaged by each side.
Trump, and Trumper are at the core of discord.
Remember that Trump lawyer who led the assault with claims of election fraud? SHe has withdrawn her claims, in a laughable way.

https://www.facebook.com/davidpakmansho ... 3190802866
Doug1943

Post by Doug1943 »

The US is a long way from having a civil war, but it has some of the elements that precede one.

As others have pointed out, one thing militaring against a secession movement is the fact that the two sides in a possible American civil war are deeply interpenetrated. If most Leftists lived in certain states and most Rightists in others, a civil war/secession movement would be more likely.

Another possible motive for civil war is class war, the dream of the Hard Left. The problem here is that much of the American proletariat loathe the Left, while America's big corporations are happy to do the bidding of the 'Woke' Left ... which is now by far the dominant tendency on the American Left. (There are a few old-fashioned 'workers of the world, unite' Leftists, mainly in tiny sects, but they are pretty irrelevant.) The American Left, by and large, despise the American working class, whom they see as their social inferiors.

Another factor which needs to be taken into account is this: for the last 70 years, America has been King of the Hill. The largest economy, the strongest military, etc etc etc. This is changing. America will become Number Two, with Number One being a Communist Dictatorship that doesn't even use the Latin alphabet, peopled by hard-working intelligent people who have not forgotten the sacking of the Summer Palace and similar events.

This is going to produce HUGE strains on the American population. Of course, maybe America will evolve a political leadership that will accept reality, and prepare for being a strong Number Two in the world. But don't bet on it.

More importantly, there is a trend in American society which could well provide fuel for a future civil war/secessionist movement: America's growing racial diversity.

Now, of course, we all have learned the obligitory Newspeak slogan of the hour, and thus know that DIVERSITY IS STRENGTH!

Just ask the folks in Northern Ireland, or the Volksdeutch, the Jews, the minorities in Arab countries, the Greeks and Turks on Cyprus, the Palestinians, the Tamils, India's minorities, the ethnic minorities in every African country, the ethnic minorities in Burma and Thailand and Vietnam and China and .... but why go on? DIVERSITY IS STRENGTH ...(want to keep your job? Repeat this several times a day).

So ... as the immigrants come into America, they're coming into a changing country, one whose cultural apparatus despises it, and which believes assimilation implies that one culture may be superior to another.... a hanging offense! So when people immigrate from El Salvador and Mexico, their political culture immigrates with them ... and there may be no assimilation.

And if this is the case ... Well, Americans believe that God has marked their country out among all others for His special favour. We'll see if that's true.