Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 pm I don't.

Do you do the same with the word "racism," simply never use it? But you've used it already in this discussion...
I mentioned the word you (society as a whole) first used.

I mentioned it because I wanted you to teach me how to use it.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 pm So you have no word "racism" in your vocabulary? If that's so, you've spent a lot of time talking about something you don't even understand as a concept, apparently. Do you always talk about things about which you have no conception?
I've certainly spent less time discussing it than you've spent asking about it.

Do you always ask questions you don't understand?
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 10517
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Immanuel Can »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 pm I mentioned it because I wanted you to teach me how to use it.
I can't tell you why you use the word "racism." I'm not you.

But you do use it, because you've already used it.

Would you use it for the scenario I described?
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 pm I can't tell you why you use the word "racism." I'm not you.

But you do use it, because you've already used it.

Would you use it for the scenario I described?
The scenario you described used the word "racism".

Since you can't tell me how to use that word, I rolled a dice, it was an even number so my answer is "yes".
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10017
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:04 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:02 pm as a successful self-employer, I know as fact, doin' what you've contracted to do is not the same as lickin' the backsides of would-be masters
It's exactly the same. Social contracts are negotiated no differently to work contracts.
okay...let's go with that: in my business, I run across folks who want stuff I won't give 'em...in my socializin', I run across folks who want stuff I won't give 'em

no applies to both

either way: I'm not gonna be bulldogged into doin' what I assess isn't in my best interest

I imagine you're no different
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 10517
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Immanuel Can »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm The scenario you described used the word "racism".
No, it asked you if YOU would apply that word.

If you say "No," then that's "No." If you say "Yes," then it's "Yes." If you say, "I don't know what the word means," then the answer is also "No."
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm okay...let's go with that: in my business, I run across folks who want stuff I won't give 'em...in my socializin', I run across folks who want stuff I won't give 'em
And those aren't the examples we are talking about.

We are talking about the scenarios in which you signed a contract but failed to fulfil it.
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 pm no applies to both

either way: I'm not gonna be bulldogged into doin' what I assess isn't in my best interest

I imagine you're no different
It can't be fun doing business with your promise is worth shit.
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:24 pm No, it asked you if YOU would apply that word.

If you say "No," then that's "No."
You asked me if I WOULD apply that word. You didn't ask me if I HAVE applied that word.

You are asking me to predict my future behaviour. If you (or the OP) teaches me the meaning of that word then I MIGHT apply it.

So, it's not a no.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 10517
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Immanuel Can »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:27 pm So, it's not a no.
It's not racist to call a person racist if you have no more than skin colour to suggest he is a racist, you say.

I see. Well, we would differ on that. That seems to me to be a very clear case of racism.

So to say of a police officer that he is "racist" because the suspect he was arresting happened to have a different skin colour would, from my perspective, be racist in two ways: firstly, by way of the bad assumption about the policeman, and secondly, by the unfairly positive assumption you were making about the suspect, again based on skin colour alone.

That would be double racism.
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 pm It's not racist to call a person racist if you have no more than skin colour to suggest he is a racist, you say.

I see. Well, we would differ on that. That seems to me to be a very clear case of racism.
What a great monologue you are having.

Let us give up the word "racism" and replace it with "prejudice".
Would you be equally triggered in calling people "prejudiced" based merely in their prejudicial behaviour?

Does that trigger you less than "racist"?
Last edited by Skepdick on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10017
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by henry quirk »

We are talking about the scenarios in which you signed a contract but failed to fulfil it.

no, we're not...I meet all the requirements of contracts I enter into

I never entered into a contract obligatin' me to lick commie keister
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 10517
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Immanuel Can »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 pm Let us not call them racist then and call them prejudiced?
No. They're racist. Double racist.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10017
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 pm
Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:29 pm Let us not call them racist then and call them prejudiced?
No. They're racist. Double racist.
racism is prejudice
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 pm no, we're not...I meet all the requirements of contracts I enter into
So, do you self-identify as a person who has entered a social contract of any sort?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 pm I never entered into a contract obligatin' me to lick commie keister
I'll reasonably assume that you don't see the constitution as any contract then...
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 10017
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by henry quirk »

So, do you self-identify as a person who has entered a social contract of some sort?

nope...that was your example, not mine...I used it for illustration, not cuz I feel contracted socially


I'll reasonably assume that you don't see the constitution as any contract then...

I make no appeals to the constitution: it is a contract but it binds only on those who signed the thing...not a person alive today is obligated to it beyond their own desire to be obligated to it
Skepdick
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Calling All Liberal Race Baiters

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:38 pm nope...that was your example, not mine...I used it for illustration, not cuz I feel contracted socially
So you don't think you have any natural rights that need to be captured in writing to avoid future disputes?

e.g you don't recognise other people's rights and you don't expect other people to recognise yours?

Because, personally, I don't remember entering into any contract with you, so I don't see why you expect me or anybody to " lick your commie keister" when it comes to your "personhood".
Post Reply