Does Trump have a coherent strategy for Corona?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Does Trump have a coherent strategy for Corona?

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:50 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:32 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:53 pm
Here's one that might suit you sir!
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/46141211
That’s a book, I can see the image of the book, but not the image maker/author. 🤷‍♀️
Try an google it.
"A Ladybird Book About Donald Trump"
I've seen and read the story of said book..''reading'' as in another word for ''seeing'' comprehending, / knowing the story.

So what, it's just another story book no one wrote.

So does this book suit me? .. probably, since I have already said I like the Donald Trump story, I still haven't seen an author though.

Show me the author.

.. that's the point I'm making here. I've already seen the book, so why are you telling me to look for it again ? :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:23 am
Either Trump is an evil, hyper-intelligent Machiavellian monster, able to manipulate the public, or not. There is no middle ground considering his actions.
Personally I think Trump is just as dumb as the majority of the unwashed public, and that this is how he is able to appeal so widely. He thinks like they do. Any gaffs he makes are soon forgotten, or seldom noticed. And the establishment that surrounds him, Ivy Leaguers, cannot bring themselves to understand that a person who so thoroughly and viscerally embodies the ideological ideal of their precious capitalist state, and has achieved the highest office could be thick as pig shit.
But the above statement is just a Trump story known to you, it's your perception of how events are unfolding upon the screen of your consciousness.

My perception is different, I see the Trump story as being a good read. It's probably up there on my top five list of best sellers. So does that make this one here a waste of oxygen ? ... no of course not. So just wanted to point that out to you, because it's the truth. And I only deal in truths here at this forum, not lies...but then what is truth and lies? .. those too are just thoughts and ideas, just another story no one wrote.

Simple truth is, there isn't any, simply truth is, no one is to blame for any event...for events are going LIVE right now...blame is a dead thought...except in this CON ception/story believed to be ALIVE.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:40 am
Either Trump is an evil, hyper-intelligent Machiavellian monster, able to manipulate the public, or not. There is no middle ground considering his actions.
Personally I think Trump is just as dumb as the majority of the unwashed public, and that this is how he is able to appeal so widely. He thinks like they do. Any gaffs he makes are soon forgotten, or seldom noticed. And the establishment that surrounds him, Ivy Leaguers, cannot bring themselves to understand that a person who so thoroughly and viscerally embodies the ideological ideal of their precious capitalist state, and has achieved the highest office could be thick as pig shit.
But the above statement is just a Trump story known to you, it's your perception of how events are unfolding upon the screen of your consciousness.

My perception is different, I see the Trump story as being a good read. It's probably up there on my top five list of best sellers. So does that make this one here a waste of oxygen ? ... no of course not. So just wanted to point that out to you, because it's the truth. And I only deal in truths here at this forum, not lies...but then what is truth and lies? .. those too are just thoughts and ideas, just another story no one wrote.

Simple truth is, there isn't any, simply truth is, no one is to blame for any event...for events are going LIVE right now...blame is a dead thought...except in this CON ception/story believed to be ALIVE.

Don’t you know that your disconnected and tangential thinking is a hallmark of schizophrenia?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Has anyone ever used the following words in connection to your mental state:
Dissociative disorders
Schizophrenia
Psychosis.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

As the infection grows Trump continues to try to blame anyone but himself.
New York currently has the highest deaths/population (1266/1M) rate of anywhere on earth, overtaking San Marino last week.
Unless stronger precautions are taken this rate shall apply to all states in the US.

Scientists say "at least a year" before a vaccine.
Trump says "by the end of the year"
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Don’t you know that your disconnected and tangential thinking is a hallmark of schizophrenia?
No, I didn’t know that, until this knowledge informed of such. Now, the question is, who or what is being informed here ....any idea?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:22 pm

Has anyone ever used the following words in connection to your mental state:
Dissociative disorders
Schizophrenia
Psychosis.
You have never actually seen a mental state. . Except the one you make up from your own conceptual material..that you then try to sell to me. I’m not buying it, so why don’t you just keep your mental states to yourself...the ones you obviously believe are real... I’m just perfectly content, harmless and fine here, like I’ve already told you a million times before.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:32 pm As the infection grows Trump continues to try to blame anyone but himself.
New York currently has the highest deaths/population (1266/1M) rate of anywhere on earth, overtaking San Marino last week.
Unless stronger precautions are taken this rate shall apply to all states in the US.
Well said, however I don’t think NY’s rate will be matched by all States.

The 5 Burroughs of New York City account for a significant portion of New York State’s population and hence its morbidity and mortality rates.

This City is cosmopolitan and densely populated. Considerable traffic, domestic and international, flows through its airports every day. Not to mention street vendors sell hotdogs and Italian ice to hungry customers on nearly every corner.

In comparison North Dakota is asleep.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:02 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:32 pm As the infection grows Trump continues to try to blame anyone but himself.

The 5 Burroughs of New York City account for a significant portion of New York State’s population and hence its morbidity and mortality rates.

This City is cosmopolitan and densely populated. Considerable traffic, domestic and international, flows through its airports every day. Not to mention street vendors sell hotdogs and Italian ice to hungry customers on nearly every corner.

In comparison North Dakota is asleep.
True. But there are many other cities of similar density, many with large populations of homeless, who do not have many options when it comes to isolation and medical care (though I doubt they will reach the stats).
Given the strong possibility that nearly everyone will come into contact with the virus at some point it is likely that the rate of death could eventually be higher than we think. The Spanish flu (c1918) had several phases and returns.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Agreed.

Trump only takes responsibility for the things that go right, whether or not he actually has any part in them. When things go wrong, it's everybody else's fault. Even though he's supposedly in charge of everything in the U.S... and his brain knows all the answers... better than science or experts... and he has everything under control and it's all fantastic, except when it's not, and then that's somebody else's fault. It's such a load of self-glorifying delusional crap, I don't know how people take him seriously at all.

The area around New York being the most densely populated place in the U.S. seems to make it the extreme case. I do think that other states/cities who are opening up their own highly populated areas could likely see a virus surge in their populations, and then with travel, that spreads it around some more.

I don't know what the ultimate answer is for everyone. I'm fortunate to work from home, and I don't have kids. I have a good community of neighbors/friends, and we've started gathering outdoors in small groups, while maintaining social distancing. I'm being careful but not paranoid. I cannot imagine ignoring all caution for myself and others.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:57 pm
Agreed.

Trump only takes responsibility for the things that go right, whether or not he actually has any part in them. When things go wrong, it's everybody else's fault. Even though he's supposedly in charge of everything in the U.S... and his brain knows all the answers... better than science or experts... and he has everything under control and it's all fantastic, except when it's not, and then that's somebody else's fault.
Today he predicts the development of the vaccine by the end of the year; science says at least a year).
It will be interesting what he will say when the vaccine does not arrive when he says.

It's such a load of self-glorifying delusional crap, I don't know how people take him seriously at all.

The area around New York being the most densely populated place in the U.S. seems to make it the extreme case. I do think that other states/cities who are opening up their own highly populated areas could likely see a virus surge in their populations, and then with travel, that spreads it around some more.
Island is having success with Test, Trace, Isolate (TTI), where there is no lockdown. THis has been mooted in the US. The UK is moving towards this strategy though it will take a phone APP to trace and track "contacts". I imagine that in the US the same people protesting the lockdown will also protest the trace and isolate.
It will be interesting to see where this all goes.
I don't know what the ultimate answer is for everyone. I'm fortunate to work from home, and I don't have kids. I have a good community of neighbors/friends, and we've started gathering outdoors in small groups, while maintaining social distancing. I'm being careful but not paranoid. I cannot imagine ignoring all caution for myself and others.
China is being routinely dismissed as untrustworthy in their claim that the number of cases is now minimal.
China has shown itself super capable of contact tracing from the outset.
Maybe its time to put the prejudice aside and look at what they are doing. The West may well become a victim of its own libertarian ideology.
Meanwhile Trump, despite scientific devise, claims knowledge of China creating the virus in a lab.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sculptor wrote:...
Island is having success with Test, Trace, Isolate (TTI), where there is no lockdown. THis has been mooted in the US. The UK is moving towards this strategy though it will take a phone APP to trace and track "contacts". I imagine that in the US the same people protesting the lockdown will also protest the trace and isolate.
It will as I, a UK citizen, certainly protest that we are ignoring Apple and Google and letting NHSX and GCHQ build a centralised app, not least because NHSX can't even build a system that transfers patient notes between hospitals and that even the Germans have rowed back from doing this or that if we in Europe want track and trace then we should be building an app that works across nations and not just within one. :roll:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

China has shown itself super capable of contact tracing from the outset. ...
Of course they can because every single electronic comms gadget has to be linked to the government and every main street and road has facial identity cameras. It's not libertarianism that's the issue but democracy.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:44 am
It will as I, a UK citizen, certainly protest that we are ignoring Apple and Google and letting NHSX and GCHQ build a centralised app, not least because NHSX can't even build a system that transfers patient notes between hospitals and that even the Germans have rowed back from doing this or that if we in Europe want track and trace then we should be building an app that works across nations and not just within one. :roll:
Indeed. Conspiracy theorists are already muddying the conversation by claiming that COVID is massive plan to initialise mass surveillance. I think it could be made to work, but there can be no compulsion, and the app would have to expire after 6 months for review.
The government have already tried to bring in the new powers without scrutiny or review. Shami Chakrabarti has demonstrated what an opposition is for though.
We'll have to see how this goes.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:48 am
China has shown itself super capable of contact tracing from the outset. ...
Of course they can because every single electronic comms gadget has to be linked to the government and every main street and road has facial identity cameras. It's not libertarianism that's the issue but democracy.
Libertarianism is exactly the issue. Anyone can call themselves democratic eg. GDR , IRAN (you might be able to argue that theirs is better than the US).