TRUMP AND IRAN

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: TRUMP AND IRAN

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am
lol, wake up bubba. the day of america being the world's policeman ended with iraqnam.
Letting the rest of the world police Persia was part of Trump's platform.

Trump is an apologist for the United States.
Obama apologized for the United States.

Why Trump was completely right to kill the Iran deal
https://nypost.com/2018/05/08/why-trump ... iran-deal/

“As Trump noted, the accord left Iran free to develop nukes within a decade, even as Washington unfroze billions in Iranian assets and lifted sanctions that had left the regime gasping. And it let Tehran keep developing ever-more-deadly and longer-range missiles.

“More, it encouraged Iran’s inflaming of conflicts across the region and expanding its influence at the expense of US allies.”

- Editorial board
NY Post

You trying to pull a fast one, gaffo? I mean, a fantasy climate a hundred years hence causes panic, but a sanctioned ten year plan for nukes in the hands of those who vow death to America is a good deal for the USofA? I think not.
Nah, he's just duped.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:22 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 am I'd like to canvas opinions as to why Trump unilaterally dumped Obama's Iran nuclear deal of 2015.
Because Obama made the deal.

the last 3 yrs of Trump rule is about removing Obama legacy - for good or bad.

for Trumps ego's sake.

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 am With the entire world scratching its head, whilst urging the US to return to the deal, I wonder whether there was any specific reasoning behind dumping the deal.
see above.

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 am Has it proven to be a good idea? How's is working out for the USA?
The deal was not great, but good enough. its aim was to "Buy time" - and figure out a better deal late (10 yrs hense)................but since the deal is now dead, those 10 yrs of buying time of under the bridge and now no time for us to deal with sadly.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 am What is the underlying political philosophy behind the idea, if any?

to buy time, for a better deal later.

now of course all future deals are off the table.

thanks Trump.
Trump being a wanker, and sweeping clean all the progress of Obama is what I thought.
I was hoping there was more.
How are the US media presenting it?
Surely there is more to it?
So maybe I should ask; What is being presented to the US public as the reasoning?
henry quirk

"What is being presented to the US public as the reasoning?"

Post by henry quirk »

ORANGE MAN BAD
Walker

Re: "What is being presented to the US public as the reasoning?"

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:35 am ORANGE MAN BAD
:lol:

That's about the extent of it.

Presented to the US public?

Sadly, Orange Man (lack of) reasoning knows no borders.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iran wasn’t abiding by the deal.

Who but a maroon thought they ever would, they being terrorists and all.
The Iran Nuclear Deal, officially called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action went into effect in July of 2015 and has a been a disaster ever since. Three months after the deal was made, Iran launched a ballistic missile test, in violation of the agreement Obama hailed for effectively containing Iran's nuclear ambitions.

In April of 2016, Barack Obama conceded that Iran was already violating the "spirit" of the deal, though he claimed they were still sticking to the "letter" of the deal. A month later, Iran had officially violated the terms of the nuclear deal, as well as U.N. resolutions for three times. By July, German intelligence believed that Iran was attempting to acquire technology that could be used for its military nuclear program, again, in violation of the deal. In November of 2016, the U.N.'s atomic watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), reported that Iran had, for the second time, exceeded a soft limit on sensitive material under the nuclear deal.

All this was while Barack Obama was still president.

There have been violations since then as well, In December of 2017, then-U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley presented evidence that Iran was violating the nuclear deal by exporting missiles and other lethal weapons to rebels in Yemen.

Trump formally withdrew the United States from the Iran Nuclear Deal on May 8, 2018. New sanctions were put in place, but Iran was still committed to the multilateral agreement, and it still violated it repeatedly. Last year, Iran had stockpiled enriched low-grade uranium in excess of the limitations of the nuclear deal, and began injecting uranium gas into advanced centrifuges.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/breaking-i ... rst-place/
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm Trump being a wanker, and sweeping clean all the progress of Obama is what I thought.
Your "gut" is sound, and worthy of listening to.

thats all its about.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm I was hoping there was more.
As I, since i am an american, and would love to think there is a president that "knew more/saw more" than - "obama made a deal, so the deal is bad".

but sadly there is no more to it - if you are as old as me (but i suspect you are not an american and so even if my age may not know of the quote i will give (they were fab ads - i rem then, and they were both true and funny when they aired in the 80's for Wendy's)

"where's the beef" - rem the ad with 90-percent bun-burger and the "meat" a small thing in the center - add the old lady asking!!!!!!!!!

it was (and still is) a classic in advertising genius.

if you are not an American/or an american but younger - google "where's the beef" and you will see the video, its hillarious.

i've digressed somewhat, sorry, just sayin on the matter, and where my mind goes wrt to this discussion.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm How are the US media presenting it?
The media is not presenting it, and no there IMO not more to it.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm So maybe I should ask; What is being presented to the US public as the reasoning?
refer above, - crickets, per all the middle/left media CNN/MSNBC.................the reichwing media (the other 1/3) - Faux News - the mantra is "the old Obama deal was bad" (why is was is not exponounded upon) - nor how breaking that via trump makes the environment better (Faux is all about "on the team" - so no need for a brain outside of the brainstem, of you are on the team, then that means all things Obama are bad and Faux is good and on my side.

-------------- and yes, there are no adults in the room anymore - not in the newsroom nor in the greater american population - sadly.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 pm

It doesn't tend to invade countries, but it did tell the US to shove its nuclear submarines up its arse :D
???????

I value both learning and history, and if you are willing would love to learn more about this madam.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-13/ ... es/7731644
I learned of this only 6 months ago, and thanks for the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWEEHOKcTnA

I'm not the stereotypical ignorant American, i know of and respect the fight the Ausies (and assume NZ landers too) travialed during WW2

God bless the Camberra! many died in that battle and i thank the ausies for giving back what was given to them and for being on "my" side.

I'm not an ignoramous(sp) though cannot spell, nor am i a dick, i value any and all that are on the side of right.

God bless the Ausies and Kiwis!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:21 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:00 am

???????

I value both learning and history, and if you are willing would love to learn more about this madam.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-13/ ... es/7731644

I'm not the stereotypical ignorant American, i know of and respect the fight the Ausies (and assume NZ landers too) travialed during WW2

God bless the Camberra! many died in that battle and i thank the ausies for giving back what was given to them and for being on "my" side.

I'm not an ignoramous(sp) though cannot spell, nor am i a dick, i value any and all that are on the side of right.

None of that has anything to do with me. What's the Canberra? You should know by now that I'm anti-war and loathe anything to do with the military.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:06 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:29 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:25 am

I disagree.
ok, hows the the air down there?

any coal?

lol
China had its shot: as a nation, it's headin' down.
dream on - you are one of the "sun never sets" folks. so no interest in convincing you of historical reality.

I do fear China - not because it is foreign, but because most folks there have the same mentality as Russians - "strongman good" and have no understanding nor value of Inalienable rights of persons.

Thankfully - though Modi is a backslide (and i see him as a "Test for the Indian People"), i think the Indians - who have a shared cultural value of Inalienable Rights via its prior colonialism (yes colonialism is bad, but the Brit's version gave the Indians the same culture that Americans/Canadians/NZ/Australia (and Japan - due to US occupation) - such a mindset (which the Chinese never had offered).

maybe the Indians will fail the mode test and move to thuggery, if so that would be sad, i hope they will not and reject Modi, and so serve as the next world power that has our mindset too limit the power of China.

either way, China and India (and maybe Brazil) will be the next world powers in 2100.

America will be a has been.

themes the facts bubba, stop playing ostriche, and use your mind to see trends in order to predict the future.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:21 am

None of that has anything to do with me. What's the Canberra? You should know by now that I'm anti-war and loathe anything to do with the military.
???????? I know you are antiwar - as i am "usually", just saying i know history and value none americans contributions.

thats all.
henry quirk

"use your mind to see trends in order to predict the future"

Post by henry quirk »

good advice: do that
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

gaffo wrote:I do fear China
Only thing to fear is Fu Manchu exportin' Coronavirus.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:59 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm Trump being a wanker, and sweeping clean all the progress of Obama is what I thought.

thats all its about.
As I, since i am an american, and would love to think there is a president that "knew more/saw more" than - "obama made a deal, so the deal is bad".

but sadly there is no more to it - if you are as old as me (but i suspect you are not an american and so even if my age may not know of the quote i will give (they were fab ads - i rem then, and they were both true and funny when they aired in the 80's for Wendy's)

"where's the beef" - rem the ad with 90-percent bun-burger and the "meat" a small thing in the center - add the old lady asking!!!!!!!!!

if you are not an American/or an american but younger - google "where's the beef" and you will see the video, its hillarious.

i've digressed somewhat, sorry, just sayin on the matter, and where my mind goes wrt to this discussion.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm So maybe I should ask; What is being presented to the US public as the reasoning?
refer above, - crickets, per all the middle/left media CNN/MSNBC.................the reichwing media (the other 1/3) - Faux News - the mantra is "the old Obama deal was bad" (why is was is not exponounded upon) - nor how breaking that via trump makes the environment better (Faux is all about "on the team" - so no need for a brain outside of the brainstem, of you are on the team, then that means all things Obama are bad and Faux is good and on my side.

-------------- and yes, there are no adults in the room anymore - not in the newsroom nor in the greater american population - sadly.
I'm a bit American, but have lived in the UK most of my life. Not seen the Wendy's advert but I know the sort of thing.
I'm sorry to hear that my worst fears are confirmed. It was always bad, but Trump is a new low.
Sadly the US trends tend to infect the UK, and we have Boris.
"Shit" and " Handcart" seem to come to mind as in the direction of the World.

Look on the brightside - if there is a serious nuclear exchange maybe things will get better after 10,000 years?
Immanuel Can

Re: "What is being presented to the US public as the reasoning?"

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:35 am ORANGE MAN BAD
ORANGE MAN VERY ENTERTAINING 8)
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:49 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:59 am

thats all its about.

I'm a bit American, but have lived in the UK most of my life. Not seen the Wendy's advert but I know the sort of thing.
I'm sorry to hear that my worst fears are confirmed. It was always bad, but Trump is a new low.
Sadly the US trends tend to infect the UK, and we have Boris.
"Shit" and " Handcart" seem to come to mind as in the direction of the World.

Look on the brightside - if there is a serious nuclear exchange maybe things will get better after 10,000 years?
thanks for reply and agree with all of it (so i assume you were born in America - thanks to 14th you are an American (not thanks in the ego sense of you can move here - we are a fucked as you - just thanks in you have options (though sadly i and you know that option means nothing with rump and boris - just sayin).

I will say a the last 20 yrs or so I've been an Anglophone - respecting the UK as a culture worthy of respect, and even sometime moreso than my American, and would never have thought they would elect Boris/nor vote to leave the EU.

sadly your culture and mine have let us both down ;-(.

I just hope the "institutions" of Rule of Law (which we both share) will win out over thuggery and lies (but the populious of both our nations seem to wish for thuggery over Rule of Law - so that is my alarm) will "Set the ship right - not reich - lol) after rump/boris are gone.

we shall see ;-/

thanks for reply Sir.

per your last sentance, Threads is a top 10 movie of all time, and had the DVD of since 2007, and bought the Bluray of 3 yrs of.

most american's never heard of Threads, it should be mandatory viewing for all folks the world throughout IMO.