The problem with Conservatism

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: The problem with Conservatism

Post by gaffo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:04 pm
RCSaunders wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 pm
They can, but it's not a given. A minarchy (the nightwatchman proxy), for example, exists solely for the individual.

That's the plan, anyway...too many goddamned oppressive governments hangin' about to get a proper minarchy off the ground...
A, "minarchy," is still a government, an organized ...archy with the exclusive power to use force in a geographical area.

Your, "nightwatchmen," view of protecting the individual already exists. As I just wrote to IC, "there are literally millions of individuals, at this moment, who are living lives little bothered by government," many of them have their own paid security. That's the only way you can have your nightwatchmen scenario--free individuals providing their own protection. The reason you may not be aware of them is because they have learned the secret of privacy. They don't advertise themselves and know how to keep their mouths shut.
I get all that...you missed the joke... 😉
?????????????

show me and others here as Patriots - how using Rump for our Nation's best interests is possibile when supporting that asshole is a rejection of the Rule of Law (and so counter to our Constitution).

I.e. so in otherwords school me - from one man to another that both value our rule of law/us Constititution - on how a thug that hate both the Rule of Law and our Constutition will serve either/both?

i do not see it.

school me.