What is your current analysis of ...

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: What is your current analysis of ...

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:
As I say elsewhere: The world needs to pay attention to Brexit. How it ultimately plays out sets the stage for the decade to come.

In the same way: Americans need to pay attention to what happens in Virginia, for the same reason.
What's happening in Virginia then?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 am
henry quirk wrote:
As I say elsewhere: The world needs to pay attention to Brexit. How it ultimately plays out sets the stage for the decade to come.

In the same way: Americans need to pay attention to what happens in Virginia, for the same reason.
What's happening in Virginia then?
Bold gun grabbers in the state house are lookin' to, well, take guns. Whole whack of folks in a whole whack of counties say 'hell no!'.

How it plays out will set the stage: if the hell no folks win, other folks will be bolstered, will say 'hell no!' more readily when the grabbers get grabby with them. If the grabbers win, other folks will take note, become less confident, be more likely to give way.

It's a crossroads kinda thing.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:Their customers are those who buy their oil. Not as many as before, but that’s only relevant because it gives the remaining customers more say over their supplier. Not like the salad days. Not a difficult point to grasp, although you’re trying hard not to. I mean, there's intelligent discussion and then there's needless density. ...
Of which you show much.
You seem concerned that Iran doesn’t have as many oil customers because of Trump. Well, in the lingo you prefer, Duh. ...
Get a grip, my 'concern' was that you appeared to think that their Oil market would have an influence upon a theocracy and I was just pointing-out that America's sanctions had destroyed that market.
Sanctions against a state sponsor of terrorism, successful. Well done, Mr. President. Bring those fanatics to heel and keep them from killing folks. ...
Wake Up Yank! In the last couple of decades we've killed, at a very least estimate, half a million 'folks'(the figure is more likely in the couple of million), a figure that dwarfs anything that these 'terrorists' have done. By-the-by which organization are you referring to with this "state sponsor of terrorism"?

As to such things as state sponsored terrorism you really ought not to be moralizing as your citizens funded and your state tacitly supported decades of terrorism in my country, you've funded terrorist groups in S. America, you've instigated and funded coup d'etats to overthrow democratically elected leaders and even kill them. So away with your high-horse hoss.
Beats giving them nuclear weapons and billions of dollars to finance their evil ways. ...
Are you an idiot? No-one was giving them nuclear weapons they were researching them themselves. The deal with them was to incentivise them to stop doing it by lessening sanctions on selling oil and it appeared to be working. That they then had more money to play regional geo-politics with the Sauds is the reason, I think, the deal was scrapped as apparently the Sauds are the Yanks best buds. Of course the irony is that it is the Sauds who have been promulgating the ideology that has been driving the fundamentalist Muslim terrorists around the world but you can always really on the Yank to generally support the wrong guy.
A revolution in Iran has nothing to do with the United States. It's simply a result of the natural forces already named. ...
What 'natural forces', the sanctions are man-made. If you mean the wish for a freer society in the sense of being able to buy shit then I guess without the sanctions the people may have been a bit happier.
In his speech Trump is pushing the responsibility for the ME in the direction of NATO. Good. And they can pay for it.
OMG! I know understand how the Trumpette got elected, as presumably you consider yourself one of the more intelligent of your countrymen. Firstly, American is part of NATO you moron so you'd effectively be paying as wee, secondly, it is a defence alliance and it's role is not to go around being 'responsible' for others regional politics. Is it that you want some sort of World Government?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:What is your current analysis of:

The potential consequences and implications of Iranian citizens currently protesting their government? ...
That someone is going to get prosecuted for shooting down a plane of their own citizens but hey it's an easy mistake to make eh! :lol:
It'll will definitely cause some change on the part of the theocracy tho' I think
President Donald Trump responded to the protests on Saturday by posting a message on Twitter in both Farsi and English supporting them.

“To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I’ve stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage,” President Trump wrote. The Farsi language post has reportedly broken Twitter engagement records in that language.”*
:lol: They better talk to the Kurds about what 'stand with you' actually entails from the Yank.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:44 am
Walker wrote:Their customers are those who buy their oil. Not as many as before, but that’s only relevant because it gives the remaining customers more say over their supplier. Not like the salad days. Not a difficult point to grasp, although you’re trying hard not to. I mean, there's intelligent discussion and then there's needless density. ...
Of which you show much.
You seem concerned that Iran doesn’t have as many oil customers because of Trump. Well, in the lingo you prefer, Duh. ...
Get a grip, my 'concern' was that you appeared to think that their Oil market would have an influence upon a theocracy and I was just pointing-out that America's sanctions had destroyed that market.
Sanctions against a state sponsor of terrorism, successful. Well done, Mr. President. Bring those fanatics to heel and keep them from killing folks. ...
Wake Up Yank! In the last couple of decades we've killed, at a very least estimate, half a million 'folks'(the figure is more likely in the couple of million), a figure that dwarfs anything that these 'terrorists' have done. By-the-by which organization are you referring to with this "state sponsor of terrorism"?

As to such things as state sponsored terrorism you really ought not to be moralizing as your citizens funded and your state tacitly supported decades of terrorism in my country, you've funded terrorist groups in S. America, you've instigated and funded coup d'etats to overthrow democratically elected leaders and even kill them. So away with your high-horse hoss.
Beats giving them nuclear weapons and billions of dollars to finance their evil ways. ...
Are you an idiot? No-one was giving them nuclear weapons they were researching them themselves. The deal with them was to incentivise them to stop doing it by lessening sanctions on selling oil and it appeared to be working. That they then had more money to play regional geo-politics with the Sauds is the reason, I think, the deal was scrapped as apparently the Sauds are the Yanks best buds. Of course the irony is that it is the Sauds who have been promulgating the ideology that has been driving the fundamentalist Muslim terrorists around the world but you can always really on the Yank to generally support the wrong guy.
A revolution in Iran has nothing to do with the United States. It's simply a result of the natural forces already named. ...
What 'natural forces', the sanctions are man-made. If you mean the wish for a freer society in the sense of being able to buy shit then I guess without the sanctions the people may have been a bit happier.
In his speech Trump is pushing the responsibility for the ME in the direction of NATO. Good. And they can pay for it.
OMG! I know understand how the Trumpette got elected, as presumably you consider yourself one of the more intelligent of your countrymen. Firstly, American is part of NATO you moron so you'd effectively be paying as wee, secondly, it is a defence alliance and it's role is not to go around being 'responsible' for others regional politics. Is it that you want some sort of World Government?
Nice illustration of the truism: “In Britain, hypocrisy is the killer charge, the worst sin of all.”

It is the central point of your world view, of practically every silly comment.

:lol:

How shallow, you little hypocrite.

Yes, the United States kills people. Yes, the US is allies with Saudi Arabia. Yes, the US has choked off Iranian oil markets. Yes, Iran still has oil markets. Yes, the US has placed economic sanctions on Iran. Yes, the US belongs to NATO. Yes, Iran is working on nuclear weapons, which they should not have. Yes, the US should have nuclear weapons. Yes, the youth of Iran is rebelling against a tired old totalitarian state.

This is all known, so try digging your head out of your ass and attempt something other than childish finger pointing and name calling, you moron.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote: Nice illustration of the truism: “In Britain, hypocrisy is the killer charge, the worst sin of all.”

It is the central point of your world view, of practically every silly comment.

:lol:

How shallow, you little hypocrite.
Didn't see the "we":then Yank. And lmao that you admit to being a hypocrite but that is not my point, my point is that your self-justifying moralising is delusional if you truly think you are making the place safe for 'folks' as you are the ones making it unsafe for folks, to the tune of a few million dead and it seems to not bother you at all, all those women and children?
Yes, the United States kills people. Yes, the US is allies with Saudi Arabia. Yes, the US has choked off Iranian oil markets. Yes, Iran still has oil markets. Yes, the US has placed economic sanctions on Iran. Yes, the US belongs to NATO. Yes, Iran is working on nuclear weapons, which they should not have. Yes, the US should have nuclear weapons. Yes, the youth of Iran is rebelling against a tired old totalitarian state...
But not for any ideal of yours about democracy but against the hardships that the sanctions are imposing and against the some of the strictures and largely against what they see as corruption at the top but do you hear them calling for an end to an Islamic state?
Lmfao, we're do you get off saying who can and who cannot have nukes?
This is all known, so try digging your head out of your ass and attempt something other than childish finger pointing and name calling, you moron.
:lol: You Yanks really hate having a mirror held up to you, disturbs the myths eh! Hence instead of engaging with my points and questions you just resort to the typical Yank response.

You want to do something real to curb fundamentalism and terrorism around the world? Take half of that two trillion dollars the Trumpette boasted you've spent on arms and spend it on providing free schools in the poorest areas, tie trade and economic aid to countries allowing them, defend them with troops if necessary. You'd do more to curb fundamentalism and terrorism this way and raise the status of America in the eyes of all than any bombs and guns.
You do understand that those Iranian terrorist organisation you yak about are doing just this for their poor?
Walker

Post by Walker »

What is your current analysis of:

Is Iran the head of the snake, or a proxy?

Interesting article about the forces bearing down on Iran’s regime.
How fragile is Iran’s regime?
https://www.asiatimes.com/2020/01/artic ... -regime-2/

“Few countries have endured this level of deprivation outside of full war mobilization, and few have seen such a drastic decline in the number of births. The only modern comparison is Venezuela. Governments with a monopoly of economic resources and the willingness to kill significant numbers of their own citizens can stay in power for quite some time, but there seems no question that Iran’s regime is fragile and prone to destabilization.”

“In Britain, hypocrisy is the killer charge, the worst sin of all.”
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: So now you're admitting the Yank is destabilising the regime.
And :lol: :lol: that you agree the Yank is a hypocrite.

The head snake appears to be the Sauds with the Yank as their proxy.