NDAA - National Defense Authorization Act (Bad) thoughts about?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

NDAA - National Defense Authorization Act (Bad) thoughts about?

Post by gaffo »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... zation_Act

so 170 yrs of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

is void.

US Army can now act as US police, AND any US citizen can be denied protections of being if deemed a "foreign agent/"enemy combatant" (thanks Rummy for legalizing that one).

inturned without trial - in effect now legal to remove citizenship of anyone while the US army serves as Police in US cities.

"conservatives" anyone?

you so called "conservatives" a-ok with this Facist bullshit - and why so if.

of course the NDAA is counter to the the entire US Constitution and pure filth.
gaffo

Re: NDAA - National Defense Authorization Act (Bad) thoughts about?

Post by gaffo »

Henry Quirk? you are a self proclaimed Conservative (and not a Fascist?).

do you reject the NDAA's proclaimation that a citizen can be removed of citizenship - even of the one in question is a fudie radical islamist terrorist - either born here or naturalized.

or do you affirm the NDAA - as a "conservative" and fine with removing his/her american citizenship and so removal of all the legal protections of via our court of law/fair trial/etc..............
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

personally think the US is "Dead man walking"

and too late to save.

Supreme Court in ex parte vs lincoln rule - refer to above 170 yrs ago - and when the NDAA was put into law years ago the SC has remained silent.

SC is just affirming corruption today. might as well be Russian-putinist courts today.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

buy a gun

the party hasn't started yet...

-Imp
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:35 am buy a gun

-Imp
i fear you may be right - but buying a gun would not help me in such a case.

what i need to do is take the time to read up on Emigration (Immigration from thier perspective) law to nations more sane and with a still simblance of Rule of Law/Liberty.

UK, NZ, Canada, Australia, South Korea (Japan - i know is nearly impossible to move to - just want to include them because they are a democracy and would be fine living there if they allowed me (though i'd never find a gal that turned me on - loving pears-hips myself - lol)), Germany, France, Spain, Italy, - hell even Brazil or Argentina as a last resort.

any Brits, Aussies or Argies here steeped in Immigration laws of there nation?

so i can get the fuck out of America when she implodes, and make my home in another saner land of peace.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:23 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... zation_Act

so 170 yrs of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

is void.

US Army can now act as US police, AND any US citizen can be denied protections of being if deemed a "foreign agent/"enemy combatant" (thanks Rummy for legalizing that one).

inturned without trial - in effect now legal to remove citizenship of anyone while the US army serves as Police in US cities.

"conservatives" anyone?

you so called "conservatives" a-ok with this Facist bullshit - and why so if.

of course the NDAA is counter to the the entire US Constitution and pure filth.
According to the wiki article, the wording of the legislation seems to me to indicate that its conditions only apply under the circumstances of some kind of significant public disaster (nuclear terrorism for one example). I'm not seeing where it applies outside of those circumstances nor where it applies today.
henry quirk

"Henry Quirk? you are a self proclaimed Conservative (and not a Fascist?).

Post by henry quirk »

As I've said many times: I'm a natural rights libertarian and a minarchist.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

-Imp
Got mine: ready to dance.
Gary Childress

Re: "Henry Quirk? you are a self proclaimed Conservative (and not a Fascist?).

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:31 pm As I've said many times: I'm a natural rights libertarian and a minarchist.
Does a minarchist believe that government should assist victims of natural disasters such as a hurricane? Does a minarchist believe that in a natural disaster situation looting should be prevented? Do minarchists think government should ever restore order if people riot? Does a minarchist believe that government should step in to prevent or else mitigate should there be an incident of nuclear terrorism?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:58 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:31 pm As I've said many times: I'm a natural rights libertarian and a minarchist.
Does a minarchist believe that government should assist victims of natural disasters such as a hurricane? Does a minarchist believe that in a natural disaster situation looting should be prevented? Do minarchists think government should ever restore order if people riot? Does a minarchist believe that government should step in to prevent or else mitigate should there be an incident of nuclear terrorism?
Do you know what minarchism is?

If you do: then you already know the answers to your four questions.

If you don't: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-watchman_state https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural ... rtarianism

Neither piece is exhaustive, and neither piece is the last word, but both are good enough for you to find what you're lookin' for.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:09 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Do you know what minarchism is?

If you do: then you already know the answers to your four questions.

If you don't: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-watchman_state https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural ... rtarianism

Neither piece is exhaustive, and neither piece is the last word, but both are good enough for you to find what you're lookin' for.
When I googled "minarchist" it gave me the answer: "is a political philosophy advocating the reduction of government functions to a minimum scope." Your link says:
Minarchists generally justify the state on the grounds that it is the logical consequence of adhering to the non-aggression principle.[citation needed] They argue that anarcho-capitalism is impractical because it is not sufficient to enforce the non-aggression principle because the enforcement of laws under anarchism is open to competition.[9] Another common justification is that private defense and court firms would tend to represent the interests of those who pay them enough.[10]
Some minarchists argue that a state is inevitable,[11] believing anarchy to be futile. Robert Nozick, who publicized the idea of a minimal state in Anarchy, State, and Utopia, argued that a night-watchman state provides a framework that allows for any political system that respects fundamental individual rights, and therefore morally justifies the existence of a state.[12][13]
So my question is, what counts as a "minimal" state? Would a minimal state do the things I described above or not? I don't see an answer to that in the wiki.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

So my question is, what counts as a "minimal" state? Would a minimal state do the things I described above or not? I don't see an answer to that in the wiki.
From the night watchman piece, first paragraph...

Within libertarianism in the United States, Objectivist and right-libertarian political philosophy, a night-watchman state is a model of a state whose only functions are to provide its citizens with the military, the police and courts, thereby protecting them from aggression, theft, breach of contract, fraud and enforcing property laws, only to act as an enforcer of the non-aggression principle.

Surely, you can figure out what's what, yeah?

If you're truly flummoxed, you'll have to wait till this evening for a full answer of explanation from me. Keep in mind: If I do give you answers, they're only my answers (another minarchist [are there any other minarchists?] might disagree with me on this or that).
henry quirk

Hey, Gary...

Post by henry quirk »

This thread might help...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28002
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

-Imp
I think it's so quaint how Yanks think owning a gun means they could use it in a combat situation against their now battle-hardened infantry. :lol:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:30 pm
From the night watchman piece, first paragraph...

Within libertarianism in the United States, Objectivist and right-libertarian political philosophy, a night-watchman state is a model of a state whose only functions are to provide its citizens with the military, the police and courts, thereby protecting them from aggression, theft, breach of contract, fraud and enforcing property laws, only to act as an enforcer of the non-aggression principle.

Surely, you can figure out what's what, yeah?
OK. So it sounds to me like a minarchist could approve of government stepping in during extreme emergencies such as earthquakes, hurricanes or large scale civil unrest and what not to restore order or help those suffering. Am I wrong?