MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:47 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:36 am
I've pretty much avoided insults of, and characterizations about, you.

When are you gonna return the favor?
i did not insult you, i implied a disparagement.

----------

i do not relish insulting anyone and i thank you for not insulting me (I've noted for year now and apprciate it).

i do hate hypocrisy more than death itself - more than anything else in this live, and why life is hell because most folks are hypocrites (life being a hypocrite is easier than not being one).

i'll not imply insults your way when you show to me are not a hypocrite. i.e. an honest observer - which i do not think you are sadly.

henry quirk

gaffo

Post by henry quirk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:00 am

"i'll not imply insults your way when you show to me are not a hypocrite. i.e. an honest observer - which i do not think you are sadly."

Then I'm done (it's that or I *'imply insults your way' in return. I don't wanna do that, so: I'm done).

*and believe me, guy, you've given me ample reasons to insult you

Dachshund

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Post by Dachshund » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:57 am

gaffo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 pm
Dachshund wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:53 pm
The problem I have with Muslims is that they believe Islam is the only true religion.

like all Christians do?

yes I concur that is not a good mindset.

Christianity is no more true than Islam.

Dachshund wrote:
They believe that all other religions are false.
like Christians do?

yes i concur.

Dachshund wrote:
I am saddened to hear that America now has Muslims in Congress.

If this bothers so much, i suggest you start a grassroots movement to repeal the 1965 Civil Rights Act them.

then you can make i legal to deny office to any muslims/jews/black/etc.......

Dachshund wrote:
They have already made anti-semitic statements

Arabs are Semites Bubba.

Dachshund wrote:
They took their oath of office on the Koran, not the Bible.
yes, and Christian politicians made it upon the latter book.

your problem is?

Dachshund wrote:
This means that their loyalty is to the god of Islam, Allah, and not to the God of the Bible.
Allah is YHWH (so the same God), no Jew would claim Jesus is YHWH.

Christian politicians have their loyality to Christ as God, that is problem for me - not you - why not?

Dachshund wrote:
I know that there can be no religious test for the holding of political office in the U.S.,
you do know? i don't see that you do.

What you need to understand, Gaffo is that Islam = 10% religion + 90% aggressive, totalitarian political ideology (very similar to 20th century Fascism). Until you've worked that out, you wont understand what Islam and Muslims are all about.

Secondly, you need to understand that America is founded on the doctrine of the separation of the powers of Church and State. There is no such doctrine of separation of powers in Islamic states like Saudi Arabia, Syria or Iraq.

Thirdly an American politician taking their oath of office on a sacred religious text - the Koran - that is packed full of exhortations to expansionist jihad, violent hatred and loathing for all members of any religion other than Islam is not really very appropriate in a free liberal democracy like the US is it, Bubba ?

Christianity, Hinduism, Daoism and Buddhism may proclaim that they are the only true faiths, but they do NOT make it their business to literally cut the fucking heads off anyone who disagrees. They are TOLERANT of other religions. Islam is not tolerant of any other religion. Got it, Bubba Brown?

So guess what would happen to young Mr Gaffo if he decided to immigrate permanently to a Muslim-majority nation, in, say, the Middle East ? I'll tell you....

One fine day Mr Gaffo would get a knock on the door of his hut, and when he opened the front door he would find two state officials ( Islamic religious police) armed with AK-47s standing in front of him. Here's what they would say...

"Hello Mr Gaffo, good morning - nice day, isn't it? The reason we're here is that we note from our records, you have not been a regular attendant at worship in your local Mosque? Also, there have been a number of complaints from your neighbours that you have been playing Taylor Swift songs at high volume during the evening."

Gaffo: "Gosh, I'm terrible sorry, I didn't mean to make a nuisance of myself. I'll make sure I turn down my stereo in future.

Religious Police: Well, it's not merely a problem with how loud you are playing this music, Mr Gaffo. I'm afraid we will have to confiscate all of your Taylor Swift albums, Sir; such music is the wicked music of the"Great Satan"- America - it is totally prohibited in Iran! Usually, you would receive 50 lashes in the town square for this offence, but you seem like a nice guy, so if you hand over all of the Taylor Swift albums right now, we'll let you off with a warning.

Gaffo: Jeez, I wasn't aware of that fellas; what about my "Jackson Five" discs - are they banned too?

Religious Police: "The Jackson Five" - Allah u Akbar !!! Damn right they're banned(!); and we're going to pretend we didn't hear you say that, Mr Gaffo. Michael Jackson is a greater devil even than Taylor Swift. The Prophet (peace be upon him!) would turn in his grave if he knew a white boy, like you, was playing that funky music and degenerating the faithful living around him. "Shaking your Booty" to any funky beats is strictly forbidden here in Iran, Mr Gaffo. Why only last month, a British degenerate was sentenced to 20 years jail for playing "KC and the Sunshine Band" tracks on a ghetto blaster inside the main mosque at full volume. The Imam who was preaching in the Mosque at the time suffered a major stroke when this infidel laid down that boogey, and he is still in hospital in a serious condition !

Gaffo: I guess that mean my favourite Frank Zappa vinyl from 1979 has to go too?

Religious Police: Which particular album are you talking about, young man'?

Gaffo: "Sheik Yerbouti"

Religious Police: No, that's cool. You can play that one, Mr Gaffo. They say it was a personal favourite of the former Ayatollah in the early 1980's after he came to power, and that he found great spiritual inspiration in one particular track: "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes."

Gaffo: Great ! I'm very relieved to hear that. But I guess I'll still have to hand over most of my record collection to you guys.

Religious Police: Yes, but there's no need to despair, Mr Gaffo, we have some great traditional Iranian music you can listen to anytime. There are hundreds of great artists like Mohammed Rez - the Bob Dylan of Persian folk- he plays one of the hottest 12 - string Sitars in the the Holy Land, and Hossein Tehrani lays down the most rock- solid groove I've ever heard on any Moog synthesiser anywhere ! Yes Abdul, and might I add that Umm Kulthum and his band are without a doubt the Middle East's very own "Led Zepplin", their latest single, Allah u Snack Bar, soaring up the Islamic Top 40 Charts as we speak.

Gaffo: Yeah, I guess I'll have to try out some of your music.

Religious Police: Right, now the other reason we are here is to ask why you have not been attending worship in your local mosque.

Gaffo: Well, you see, I'm not really into religion . I mean I don't have anything against people who want to join a religion. That's a personal decision, and I don't hold any prejudices against Daoism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism or any other religion, I can assure you. The only gods I've ever worshipped are "Lady Ga-Ga", Miley Cyrus and Beto O'Rourke.

Religious Police: BETO O'ROURKE !!!! Allah u Akbar !!!! The false idol worshipped by Mexicans !!!! Hear me now, Mr Gaffo !!! There is only one God, young man, and that is the God of the Koran, Allah !!!! There is only one true religion and that is Islam ! And there is only one true prophet, the prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him).You MUST convert to Islam immediately Mr Gaffo or face the consequences. You cannot continue to live here in Iran as an infidel.

Gaffo: What if I don't want to convert to Islam ?

Religious Police: Then we will cut off your head ! And we're not pissing around, dude; it's written in the Koran - that's the punishment.

Gaffo: Cut off my head !!! You wouldn't dare !! I have Rights you know - a Right to freedom of religion - I'll send a strongly worded letter of complaint to the UN and one to Beto O'Rourke as well !!

Religious Police: This is your last warning. You will convert to Islam or we will regard you as an infidel and "smite you at the neck."

Gaffo: Go ahead - I DOUBLE DARE you !!

The sound of a sword is heard swishing rapidly through the air, then we hear a soft "plop" as Gaffo's head is severed from his neck and falls in the sand at his feet.

Regards

DAISHund :)
Last edited by Dachshund on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

henry quirk

Dachshund

Post by henry quirk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:34 pm

:thumbsup:

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Dachshund wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:28 pm
I don't geddit ?
It works this way.

You start with the premise that all religion is a delusion. Some of your people think it's a bad delusion, and some of them think it's a benign delusion, but all think it's not about truth. It's a sort of chocolate-versus-vanilla preference: some people like to be religious, and others prefer not to; but (in this mindset) it doesn't really matter whether you do or you don't, because it doesn't refer to anything in objective reality anyway. Maybe it's a psychological coping delusion...or maybe it's a pernicious artifact of human evolution, temporarily pathological but destined to disappear in a time of greater enlightenment in the future. But the upshot is that it's not real.

Then you aim for that time of enlightenment. The people who think religion is a delusion say, "Let's let all religions into the public square so that they can experience the superiority of modern secularism, and give up their delusions, and become enlightened, like us." The people who think religion is benign say, "Let's let all religions into the public square in the name of tolerance and inclusion, because those beliefs don't really change anything anyway." But both parties agree that this is what is to be done.

Since both of these dismissive, secular Liberal parties agree that religion doesn't matter, they also agree that they will not pick apart any details of what particular religions believe. Instead, they will treat them all as the same soft-soap: Buddhists are the same as Muslims are the same as Hindus and Sikhs and Zoroastrians...and all, at their best, are the same as Western Liberals. Everybody believes in the same essential basics, which are human dignity, freedom, rights, doing good...and so on. And to look at any particulars is evil, bigoted, divisive, narrow and intolerable.

So let's include Islam in the public square. After all, it's the same as Western Liberalism. It's just a different flavour. Islam believes in freedom, equality, rights, and so on, and deserves to be given political recognition; anyway, given enough time, Islam will dissolve into Western Liberalism or whatever wondrous thing is next for Western Liberals in the future.

This is how the thinking goes. And to fail to open the political and social doors to Islam is said to be exclusive, narrow, "Islamophobic," ethnocentric and even Facistic or racist (though Islamists themselves insist Islam isn't a race). Anyway, it would set Islam as a "problem" for the enlightened future, and we can't have that, can we?

So we must include them. Never mind their anti-Semitism: they'll get over that. Never mind the many who profess hatred of the West: that will change when they find out how nice we are. Never mind their oppression of women, their executions of homosexuals and their suppression of basic freedoms: they'll learn to be like us, eventually. We are pretty wonderful, after all.

But hidden under this inclusiveness is a total contempt for Islam and its explicit claims. The Koran? Irrelevant. The Haddiths? What are they anyway? Just another set of "holy books"? Well, we know there's nothing to them, anyway. The imams? Just crazy old men who will soon die. And never mind that there is not a single Islamic country in the world that is not made vastly more miserable by Islam. In the West, it will work out better. You'll see.

The assumption is that Islam simply CANNOT be dangerous, because it's not ultimately about anything except odd cultural habits. It's just another "religion," which is to say, it's just a taste some people prefer, or a temporary artifact of the receding past, soon to disappear. Including it in our polity is the best way to reduce it to a curious museum piece, of no consequence ultimately, or to hasten its disappearance by way of cultural assimilation into the Western Liberal norm. Islam is not ultimately political, even if it says it is. It's not sexist, because women want to wear the burqa. The loud Islamic claims of anti-democracy or anti-Westernism, so apparent in other countries, are merely the blandishments of a "tiny radical minority." And Islamic terrorists in our own country are merely the pitiable products of Western colonialism. In reality, most Islamists are like the Western Muslim down the street, who may not eat pork but lets his wife wear only the hijab, and wears a business suit himself during the week, owns an SUV and behaves like the rest of us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is hateful and "Islamophobic."

So goes the reasoning.

The truth is that when you have contempt for religion in general, you cannot imagine why it's worth looking at in particular. You have found your way of banding all of it together into a brainless singularity, so as to dismiss it, so why would you trouble that with facts after you've achieved that?

And that's how we get Muslim politicians in the US, or a Muslim mayor in London.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:24 pm

gaffo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:47 am
henry quirk wrote:

Well, whether by literality or by implication, you need to "cool your jets," gaffo. Just like you and I had a misunderstanding, and have set that right, you're misunderstanding Henry. He's not your enemy.

Now, I have to say that Henry and I don't agree on everything...even at a basic level, sometimes. He's got his views, and I've got mine. You'd be surprised, if you read back in our posts in various places, how far we are apart on some issues. But we've learned to talk civilly, and to respect each other, even while chucking "hot" topics around. There's far more to be learned from keeping the conversation going. Slow down, and stop trying to "win". Nobody cares who "wins" here. There's no prize handed out for the quickest shutting down of a conversation.

Fair enough?

henry quirk

"Henry and I don't agree on everything"

Post by henry quirk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:51 pm

No, we don't.

Thing is: you've never seen cause to attack me, I've never seen cause to attack you.

Seems to me there's some 'respect' goin' on here between us, sumthin' a great many folks in this place don't have much acquaintance with.

#

"Nobody cares who "wins" here."

Well, you and me, we don't, but for an awful lot of folks here 'winning' is the goal. Winning the conversation, winning the reputation, winning the attention.

It's like the old days when readers would write into their favorite Marvel comic lookin' to score a no-prize from Stan Lee.

Immanuel Can

Re: "Henry and I don't agree on everything"

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:51 pm
It's like the old days when readers would write into their favorite Marvel comic lookin' to score a no-prize from Stan Lee.
Yeah, I loved that joke...a "no-prize."

I always wondered how many goofballs wrote in expecting to get something: "Hey, where's my no-prize!" :D

henry quirk

goofballs & no-prizes

Post by henry quirk » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:50 pm

look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_No-Prize

reading the piece made me sad (how could some of these folks not get the joke? no-prize, damnit!)

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:35 am

Dachshund wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:57 am
gaffo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 pm
Dachshund wrote:
The problem I have with Muslims is that they believe Islam is the only true religion.

like all Christians do?

yes I concur that is not a good mindset.

Christianity is no more true than Islam.

Dachshund wrote:
They believe that all other religions are false.
like Christians do?

yes i concur.

Dachshund wrote:
I am saddened to hear that America now has Muslims in Congress.

If this bothers so much, i suggest you start a grassroots movement to repeal the 1965 Civil Rights Act them.

then you can make i legal to deny office to any muslims/jews/black/etc.......

Dachshund wrote:
They have already made anti-semitic statements

Arabs are Semites Bubba.

Dachshund wrote:
They took their oath of office on the Koran, not the Bible.
yes, and Christian politicians made it upon the latter book.

your problem is?

Dachshund wrote:
This means that their loyalty is to the god of Islam, Allah, and not to the God of the Bible.
Allah is YHWH (so the same God), no Jew would claim Jesus is YHWH.

Christian politicians have their loyality to Christ as God, that is problem for me - not you - why not?

Dachshund wrote:
I know that there can be no religious test for the holding of political office in the U.S.,
you do know? i don't see that you do.

What you need to understand, Gaffo is that Islam = 10% religion + 90% aggressive, totalitarian political ideology (very similar to 20th century Fascism). Until you've worked that out, you wont understand what Islam and Muslims are all about.

Secondly, you need to understand that America is founded on the doctrine of the separation of the powers of Church and State. There is no such doctrine of separation of powers in Islamic states like Saudi Arabia, Syria or Iraq.

Thirdly an American politician taking their oath of office on a sacred religious text - the Koran - that is packed full of exhortations to expansionist jihad, violent hatred and loathing for all members of any religion other than Islam is not really very appropriate in a free liberal democracy like the US is it, Bubba ?

Christianity, Hinduism, Daoism and Buddhism may proclaim that they are the only true faiths, but they do NOT make it their business to literally cut the fucking heads off anyone who disagrees. They are TOLERANT of other religions. Islam is not tolerant of any other religion. Got it, Bubba Brown?

So guess what would happen to young Mr Gaffo if he decided to immigrate permanently to a Muslim-majority nation, in, say, the Middle East ? I'll tell you....

One fine day Mr Gaffo would get a knock on the door of his hut, and when he opened the front door he would find two state officials ( Islamic religious police) armed with AK-47s standing in front of him. Here's what they would say...

"Hello Mr Gaffo, good morning - nice day, isn't it? The reason we're here is that we note from our records, you have not been a regular attendant at worship in your local Mosque? Also, there have been a number of complaints from your neighbours that you have been playing Taylor Swift songs at high volume during the evening."

Gaffo: "Gosh, I'm terrible sorry, I didn't mean to make a nuisance of myself. I'll make sure I turn down my stereo in future.

Religious Police: Well, it's not merely a problem with how loud you are playing this music, Mr Gaffo. I'm afraid we will have to confiscate all of your Taylor Swift albums, Sir; such music is the wicked music of the"Great Satan"- America - it is totally prohibited in Iran! Usually, you would receive 50 lashes in the town square for this offence, but you seem like a nice guy, so if you hand over all of the Taylor Swift albums right now, we'll let you off with a warning.

Gaffo: Jeez, I wasn't aware of that fellas; what about my "Jackson Five" discs - are they banned too?

Religious Police: "The Jackson Five" - Allah u Akbar !!! Damn right they're banned(!); and we're going to pretend we didn't hear you say that, Mr Gaffo. Michael Jackson is a greater devil even than Taylor Swift. The Prophet (peace be upon him!) would turn in his grave if he knew a white boy, like you, was playing that funky music and degenerating the faithful living around him. "Shaking your Booty" to any funky beats is strictly forbidden here in Iran, Mr Gaffo. Why only last month, a British degenerate was sentenced to 20 years jail for playing "KC and the Sunshine Band" tracks on a ghetto blaster inside the main mosque at full volume. The Imam who was preaching in the Mosque at the time suffered a major stroke when this infidel laid down that boogey, and he is still in hospital in a serious condition !

Gaffo: I guess that mean my favourite Frank Zappa vinyl from 1979 has to go too?

Religious Police: Which particular album are you talking about, young man'?

Gaffo: "Sheik Yerbouti"

Religious Police: No, that's cool. You can play that one, Mr Gaffo. They say it was a personal favourite of the former Ayatollah in the early 1980's after he came to power, and that he found great spiritual inspiration in one particular track: "Broken Hearts Are For Assholes."

Gaffo: Great ! I'm very relieved to hear that. But I guess I'll still have to hand over most of my record collection to you guys.

Religious Police: Yes, but there's no need to despair, Mr Gaffo, we have some great traditional Iranian music you can listen to anytime. There are hundreds of great artists like Mohammed Rez - the Bob Dylan of Persian folk- he plays one of the hottest 12 - string Sitars in the the Holy Land, and Hossein Tehrani lays down the most rock- solid groove I've ever heard on any Moog synthesiser anywhere ! Yes Abdul, and might I add that Umm Kulthum and his band are without a doubt the Middle East's very own "Led Zepplin", their latest single, Allah u Snack Bar, soaring up the Islamic Top 40 Charts as we speak.

Gaffo: Yeah, I guess I'll have to try out some of your music.

Religious Police: Right, now the other reason we are here is to ask why you have not been attending worship in your local mosque.

Gaffo: Well, you see, I'm not really into religion . I mean I don't have anything against people who want to join a religion. That's a personal decision, and I don't hold any prejudices against Daoism, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism or any other religion, I can assure you. The only gods I've ever worshipped are "Lady Ga-Ga", Miley Cyrus and Beto O'Rourke.

Religious Police: BETO O'ROURKE !!!! Allah u Akbar !!!! The false idol worshipped by Mexicans !!!! Hear me now, Mr Gaffo !!! There is only one God, young man, and that is the God of the Koran, Allah !!!! There is only one true religion and that is Islam ! And there is only one true prophet, the prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him).You MUST convert to Islam immediately Mr Gaffo or face the consequences. You cannot continue to live here in Iran as an infidel.

Gaffo: What if I don't want to convert to Islam ?

Religious Police: Then we will cut off your head ! And we're not pissing around, dude; it's written in the Koran - that's the punishment.

Gaffo: Cut off my head !!! You wouldn't dare !! I have Rights you know - a Right to freedom of religion - I'll send a strongly worded letter of complaint to the UN and one to Beto O'Rourke as well !!

Religious Police: This is your last warning. You will convert to Islam or we will regard you as an infidel and "smite you at the neck."

Gaffo: Go ahead - I DOUBLE DARE you !!

The sound of a sword is heard swishing rapidly through the air, then we hear a soft "plop" as Gaffo's head is severed from his neck and falls in the sand at his feet.

Regards

DAISHund :)
Iranian thugs can take my Taylor Swift records. she sucks, don't have her works. in fact the day Rap killed Rock - mid 90's - i turned the radio off.

they take my Tragically hip, the Refreshments, Kula Shaker, Nada Surf, Supertramp, Judee Sill, Wendy Waltman, Beatles?.............now you are talking!

BTW i agree with all you say above, Arab nations are shitholes due to the lack of separation of state from religion.

if i did not know that you are a racist jerk, i'd be able to converse with you on the matter, but sadly you have made yourself clear on matter of Race - black are inferior/etc............so anything we may agree about (i.e. Islam is too tied to politics/rather than just being a faith like other faiths).

but i know your racial views, so we have nothing in common to discuss.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:11 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:24 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:47 am
henry quirk wrote:

Well, whether by literality or by implication, you need to "cool your jets," gaffo. Just like you and I had a misunderstanding, and have set that right, you're misunderstanding Henry. He's not your enemy.
ya, maybe i should "cool my jets" - but i do HATE hypocricy! i view Henry is too steeped in his "cult" of "whatever - right conservativism - to be an honest oberserver.

there are honest conservatives - David Gergen/company. those with convervative mindset, but with a mind to think for themselves, and callout bullshit from their "Camp" when they hear it.

I do not see that from Henry, instead is see a Bot.

and i get mad!

why, because i actually LIKE Henry (unlike Dachshund ) from his posts he offers ideas and concepts i do agree with 1/4 of the time.

sadly i too see a "Bot" when it comes to politics/his camp. and that is why i get rude and hakles up.

Henry "should" be more than that! - but he refuses to be a honest observer, and only play the bot. condemn the spect in the "left" and ignore the beam in his camp!

partisan bot.

i don't respect nor have time for sheep. even if they have the capacity to be more than - which Henry does - even sadder when you think about it.

I'm here to discuss and learn from others - more aptly from others that are not partisan, be they liberal (like me - i loath progressive bots as much as the reichbots), but honest Conservatives and Liberals and Moderates.

in fact i am a Moderate - left of center, i value all views though - even conservatives (shock of shocks there are a few concepts i agree with from that specrum).

I have time to learn from folks of any ilk (except Dachshund - who is clearly a racist and filled with hate i do not wish to feed off of by discourse).

what i do not have time is to talk with Sheep. sadly Henry (not quite as bad, but close) is like Veg - but on the other side.

partisan bot.

I do like Henry more than Veg - from the posts i think he is a nicer person, and i will welcome talking to him when/if he can remove his mental shackles of tribalism and talk to me as a liberated person without tribe.

until that day, sadly is see no need to talk much with him (and that is sad, i really do like Henry).

Henry - i appoligize for insulting you - i have my views of your partizanaship/hypocricy - i called you out on it, but i got too personal.

i hatred of hypocrisy allow me to become petty.

Mr Kant, you are right in calling me out, i make no excuse. i thank you for your wise council and being the "observer" over me and Henry's discourse.

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:24 pm
Now, I have to say that Henry and I don't agree on everything...even at a basic level, sometimes. He's got his views, and I've got mine. You'd be surprised, if you read back in our posts in various places, how far we are apart on some issues. But we've learned to talk civilly, and to respect each other, even while chucking "hot" topics around. There's far more to be learned from keeping the conversation going. Slow down, and stop trying to "win". Nobody cares who "wins" here. There's no prize handed out for the quickest shutting down of a conversation.

Fair enough?
agreed fully, on a core level Henry and I are in accord - per views of his/my(not sure if you are American sir) view of US Constitution. I have no doubt his understanding of it and my Nation's Rule of Law is EXACTLY the same is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! but, yes per particulars he being a conservative and me a liberal (moderate actually, but today anything left of attila the hun seems to be "Commie" per modern parlance), we only agree 1/4 of the time. but his posts are intelligent and offer understanding of the "other side" - when not just a quip (some of his posts are just the latter - and that ok of course)

per this:

I have no doubt his understanding of it and my Nation's Rule of Law is EXACTLY the same is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think he is too tribal to affirm the reverse WRT to me as a "liberal" sadly.

-------------

As for yourself, i do not see you posting per politcal issues and honestly have no idea if you are liberal moderate or conservative, nor do i even know of your national origin.

i've noted your posts in other sections of this forum and of the one's i've seen they seem cogent overall.

-----

thanks for the "spanking" - you are correct Sir. I can be better, and will strive to be so.

i thank you for your thoughtful reply to me.

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:21 am

[quote=gaffo p
[/quote]

Iranian thugs can take my Taylor Swift records. she sucks, don't have her works. in fact the day Rap killed Rock - mid 90's - i turned the radio off.

they take my Tragically hip, the Refreshments, Kula Shaker, Nada Surf, Supertramp, Judee Sill, Wendy Waltman, Beatles?.............now you are talking!

BTW i agree with all you say above, Arab nations are shitholes due to the lack of separation of state from religion.

if i did not know that you are a racist jerk, i'd be able to converse with you on the matter, but sadly you have made yourself clear on matter of Race - black are inferior/etc............so anything we may agree about (i.e. Islam is too tied to politics/rather than just being a faith like other faiths).

[/quote]

I am NOT a racist. Calling me a racist jerk is very nasty; instead, why don't you..."Give a little bit, give a little bit of your love to me ?" "There's so much that we need to share, so send a smile and show you care." :D

Regards

Dachshund

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:30 am

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:21 am

I am NOT a racist. Calling me a racist jerk is very nasty; instead, why don't you..."Give a little bit, give a little bit of your love to me ?" "There's so much that we need to share, so send a smile and show you care." :D

Regards

Dachshund
indeed you do have musical taste. that is Supertramp's best work.

- BTW per your Racist views, your posts here since just short of one year is clear so do not insult my intelligence (I'm not all that smart, but even a hammer knows your Racist views from your prior posts).

I'm not a "progressive" - so affirm your riech to be a racist thug and to speak your filth fully, and if too many without minds end up infected with your views, so be it.

I'm not a member of the sheep police.

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 am

gaffo wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:30 am

Really ? Then you better watch what you say , Gaffo, "or they'll be calling you a radical, a Liberal, oh fanatical criminal."

:D

Dachshund

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:30 am

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 am
gaffo wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:30 am

Really ? Then you better watch what you say , Gaffo, "or they'll be calling you a radical, a Liberal, oh fanatical criminal."

:D

Dachshund
yes, but i'm a dreamer, nothing but a dreamer taking the long way home.

at least i ain't no john be good, so I'm not coming along.