MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Gaffo

Post by henry quirk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:18 am

"the far right know how to use guns unlike the ANTIFA nitwits."

Consider: in the U.S., with a population of well over 300 million, there are enough firearms and ammo to arm every citizen. The bulk of these guns are in the hands of non-leftists. If such folks really wanted to overthrow the government, seems to me, they'd have made their play by now.

gaffo

Re: Gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:31 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:54 am
If you research it, you'll find reference to America as a constitutional republic, a democratic constitutional republic, a federal republic, and a constitutional representative democracy.

What you won't find in any reputable descrption is 'America is a democracy' cuz it's not.

A_uk asserted the U.S. was a democracy; I corrected him.

Absolutely, democratic process is the constitutionally mandated means by which we select reps and pass referendums, but any vote, all votes, by the people or the people's reps occur within the narrow allowances of the constitution.

Simply: in a democracy, the majority can vote to prohibit ugly, scrawny, poorly-dressed, mean-spirited bastids like me from enjoying the public sphere; in a constitutional republic, democratic constitutional republic, federal republic, or constitutional representative democracy like the U.S., they can't.

...and...

ok then, thanks for clarifying the matter. i hear too much from "conservatives" they we are a Republic - full stop.

i just stated in prior post that is bullshit via State Reforenda.

you clarified that your are not just one of those other mindless conservo bots that state "we republic" full stop.

so i thank you.

if foghorn thought we were a democracy, he war in error, and should inform himself on the matter.
henry quirk wrote:
Again: the rightist blowhard minority is well overshadowed by an increasingly millitant leftist majority lookin' to rip the U.S. right up from its bedrock.
oh bullshit - please. Antifa folks can't wipe thier own ass let alone know how to shoot a gun.

riechwing (and that is thier mindset - love Hitler/Putin - any strongman to "fix broken america (and she is broke, but a strongman is not the fix - only more brokeness instead) folks are the greater danger to the survival to the Nation we love. They outnumber the Antifa ninnies and know how the use a gun!

niether love the Rule of Law nor our Constitution, but he latter the Reichwing are greater in number and so the greater threat to the nation i love. - and to me personally, for i love my Constitution and the Rule of Law of affirms for all - and they only love power and not the rule of law.
henry quirk wrote:
Simple example: it ain't anyone on the right (blowhard or not) lookin' to toss the electoral college.
oh, please!!!!!!!!

THEY WOULD if GORE/Billary won by it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only reason the Right affirms the EC is because it surved them in the last 20 yrs via the presidents they got!!!!!!!!!!

nothing more!

if the Riech valued States Rights - why did they oppose Death with Dignaty - in Oregon and Washington in the 90's? (all of the sudden they no longer affirmed States Rights and sided with Ashcroft/Feds stomping of said states.

and now with Pot - same fucking thing!

the Right (and Reich) are hypocrites, States rights MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!! they only affirm then when it supports their agenda (abortion/etc) - then WHEN some uppity state decides to "go it own way" and does whatever - legal orgies, muliple wives/ drugs for all/death or anyone/etc..those same hypocritacal asshole ASSHOLES say............no wait erm, we support "some state's rights" - animal farm bullshit!

my rankles are up now - i HATE hypocrites and the Right is equal to the Left on this one!!!!!!

for the Left - i rem!!!!!!!!!!!!! (do you?), the left never cared for State's Rights..........until Death with Dignaty and now Pot. now off the sudden the Left is affirming State's Rights.

make me fking sick!

-------------

I support the EC because the rural folks and small states a voice - even if they usually have a voice on matters whick are opposite of mine.

without the EC cities and populous states would have an even higher amount of power and influence than they allready do and that i do not support.

henry quirk wrote:
And it ain't anyone on the right (blowhard or not) lookin' to circumvent the electoral college by way of unconstitutional state action.
you are right! - but they would have Gore/Billary won via it!!!!!!!!!!!!! then the roles would be reversed and your beloved Rightist would be shitting on our constitution shiting themselves over removing the electoral college by any means - legal or otherwise.

-------------

as for me i affirm the EC even though it resulted in two abortions - Bush Jr (daddy was good BTW) and Heir Trump.

I'm fine with its removal via legal means too.

3/4 of State Legislatures and vote to repeal via our Federal Duma.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:38 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:01 am

This is a British site, populated mostly by non-Americans. These folks, for the most part, don't wanna talk about America 'cept when blaming it for sumthin'.
to be fair the only one here that shit on America is Veg and she ain't even a Brit.

other post from brits/etc seem legitimate criticism of our action in the world.

and more informed than Veg, who offers nothing at all.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:48 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:18 am
"the far right know how to use guns unlike the ANTIFA nitwits."

Consider: in the U.S., with a population of well over 300 million, there are enough firearms and ammo to arm every citizen. The bulk of these guns are in the hands of non-leftists. If such folks really wanted to overthrow the government, seems to me, they'd have made their play by now.
i said "far right" that means nut facist fucks - and there are to many of them (more than the Antifa asshats) - but still less than 1-percent.

I live in OK, most of my friends own guns and a conservatives, and they know i'm a liberal. we are fine with that because we respect each other and understand that the other side does sometimes offer more wisdom than the mantra from thier own camp.

I'm a liberal, but affirm 20-pecent of matter Conservatives do - and vise versa concerning my friends.

the "great center" of American - where i, my friends and i think youself reside - value reason, rule of law and discouse.

this the fringe that wants to destroy america.

so yes most american own guns, and that fine (i don't becuase i see no need to and would blow my head off it i got depressed to the degree i did 20 yrs ago - i hope i never have to live though that again, but i have the genetic predisposition and so i'd be a fool to own a gun). most 97-percent of gun owner americans are reasonable patriots (prob 25 - 75 owners are libs/cons).

again its the fringe i worry about of of them the Reichists outnumber the Commies by 10 to 1 - and again the former knows how to use the guns the own ;-/.

henry quirk

Gaffo

Post by henry quirk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:59 am

When Obama won, when Bill Clinton won, when Carter won, there was no rightist action to dump the electoral college.

The only action for such a thing comes from the left.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:04 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:59 am
When Obama won, when Bill Clinton won, when Carter won, there was no rightist action to dump the electoral college.

The only action for such a thing comes from the left.
thats because they also won the popular vote.

as you know full well, why you playing dumb?

if any of the above won via the EC and not popular vote the Rightists would have been first in line to remove the EC by any means.

BTW why is my moniker now capitalized? WTF?

I'm not Gaffo, i'm gaffo.

henry quirk

gaffo

Post by henry quirk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:06 am

"the Reichists outnumber the Commies by 10 to 1"

I think you overestimate the size and virulence of the rightist blowhards, and underestimate the size and virulence of the commies (who like to pretend they're sumthin' other than).

#

"if any of the above won via the EC and not popular vote the Rightists would have been first in line to remove the EC by any means."

That's your opinion, which you're welcome to.

'nuff said.

gaffo

Re: MUSLIM SENATORS IN THE US...WTF !

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:09 am

so is Boris the new PM of the UK?

what a loser phoney he is. might as well call him mini-Trump.

gaffo

Re: gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:12 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:06 am

"if any of the above won via the EC and not popular vote the Rightists would have been first in line to remove the EC by any means."

That's your opinion, which you're welcome to.

'nuff said.
i call out hypocrites as i see them - refer to State Rights.

if you are too partisan to affim reality of hypocrites on the right, that is your limitation.

reality remains even when you refuse to see it bubba.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:13 am

while we are at it, we might as well throw out the Right's "Fiscal Responsiblilty"

the right having voted for the largest deficit in history!

lol.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:18 am

I guess we differ in nature.

I refuse to be a hypocrite, so that forces me to call it out when it see it - from the Left or the Right - me being a leftie is of no matter to me, for i hate hypocrisy.

you on the otherhand.................

henry quirk

gaffo

Post by henry quirk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 am

"if you are too partisan to affim reality of hypocrites on the right, that is your limitation."

As I say up-thread: The right can be a shithole, yep, but the left 'is' a shithole all the damn time.

gaffo

Re: gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:27 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 am
"if you are too partisan to affim reality of hypocrites on the right, that is your limitation."

As I say up-thread: The right can be a shithole, yep, but the left 'is' a shithole all the damn time.
so - if you let me translate:

you are not a partisan shill and affirm that the Right (the party of fiscal responsibility and state's rights - lol!!!!!!!) is as hypocritical as the left.

or not.

you just circle your wagon deny reality - plug your ears like a child - and deny, deny, deny, deny that the Right is hypcritical, but THE LEFT IS

na na na "i can't hear you" "i know you are but what i'm i?" la la la la la.

------------------

so which are you?

objective observer of reality?

blind bot robot partisan shill?

henry quirk

gaffo

Post by henry quirk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:36 am

I've pretty much avoided insults of, and characterizations about, you.

When are you gonna return the favor?

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:43 am

Example of Right hypocrisy:

Marriage.

1. Marriage is not mentioned in our Constitution. why? because it is an assume ineliable right that predates that document by at least two millia.

2. like all other archaic rights - like follwing your conscience (jury pardon), right to friends of your choosing (association), said rights are implied and affirmed via our 9th amendment. BTW the Loving vs VA the defense to the Supreme Court of a white male to marry a black female refered to the 9th in its defense of said marriage as in inalienable right.

..............so - as you know the conservatives at that time opposed said right of a WM to marry a BF. libs affirmed that right BTW.

today we have the same argument WRT to gays.

so once again we have convervatives opposing our constitution's 9th. while libs affirm it.

so that make conservatives - who "claim" to support the Constitution - fucking hypocrites, for the opposite it!

just as they did in 1968!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by gaffo on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.