Why is nazism popular today?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Why is nazism popular today?

Post by gaffo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:28 am

Justintruth wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:39 am
yes, you do him him honour in providing the link and his name.

i personally honour him for having a mind of his own in a time when it was easier to just be a robot.

he save millions IMO.

not being hypoberipic(sp) here.

IMO than man deserves a statue in "Moscow Square".
Or at the United Nations
yes, both! would be fine too.

-1-

Re: Why is nazism popular today?

Post by -1- » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 am

Gary Childress wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:02 pm
-1- wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:08 pm
Gary Childress wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am
Found the Goethe quote: “Beauty is a manifestation of secret natural laws, which otherwise would have been hidden from us forever.”
Maybe the trend of deep thought in the classicist period of the 19th century Germany was to think that our world partly derives from worlds that are beyond our comrehension or sensation... not a bad idea, I tend to think.
I think the Goethe quote sort of invokes feelings of reverence for what is beautiful; that the beautiful is something that deserves to be or ought to be appreciated or understood in a way not given to ugliness. I think an alternative perspective would be to treat beauty as purely accidental or ultimately inconsequential. However, the latter view seems maybe somewhat unfulfilling to me.
I think beauty serves a survival purpose in mate selection, so beauty and ugl both are consequential and very important.

The rest of the things that some call beautiful and some call ugly are not inconsequential, but individually decided. If it were inconsequential, beauty would not create joy in me. That's a consequence all right. I would not want to deprive myself of the enjoyment in my life of the things I consider beautiful.

It's just that not all people in mankind can agree what beautiful is, and what components of a creation make it beautiful or ugly.