Why the West is morally superior

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: Why the West is morally superior

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:21 pm
philosopher wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:52 pm
Kayla wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm
it is interesting to note that people generally think that their own country / culture / etc is superior - and then try to justify it with reasons that purport to be universal

whats with that?
True, but only the West has proven it in reality. The West was - prior to the First World War - the only culture to have colonized just about the entire world. From France to UK to Germany to Spain - in Asia, Americas, Middle East and Africa.

The West rid these inferior cultures from superstitious rituals like widow burnings and kept islamofascists at bay in the Middle East.
Spain also ended the human sacrifices in the Americas.

These inferior cultural traits returned only after the West abandoned their colonies in the mid-20th century, which they should never have done.
Hmm. So none of this is making coherent sense to me. In another thread you wanted to kill Nazis because you said they deserved to be killed for wanting to kill those inferior than them. Now you are saying that western culture did the right thing by colonizing "inferior" cultures (something that had to be done through intimidation and violence--often resulting in killing those "inferior" peoples). You seem to be preoccupied with condemning people to death. What's worse, is you are condemning them to death for reason that they condemn others to death. Should those of us who haven't been advocating for anyone's death now decide to kill you? I mean, it sounds like you may have "inferior" values that need to be purged from the human genome. And as much as I am reluctant to do it, maybe you have a good point. We need to purge you for the greater good of humanity. Sorry. :(
I think you have been misreading his obsession with nazism. He seems to know it's a bad thing, but he finds it deeply alluring.

He obviously has the basic temperament of a nazi to begin with (facism is about deploying violence against enemies mostly for the sake of the violence itself, nazism is about rounding them up and exterminating them wholesale). He despises all non European cultures. If you dig up his thread about universal basic income you will note he also despises the working classes. He's really just saving up for Damascene conversion to the mud people eliminating cause now, which will come as a surprise only to himself.

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:15 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:43 pm
Gary Childress wrote:
philosopher wrote:

True, but only the West has proven it in reality. The West was - prior to the First World War - the only culture to have colonized just about the entire world. From France to UK to Germany to Spain - in Asia, Americas, Middle East and Africa.

The West rid these inferior cultures from superstitious rituals like widow burnings and kept islamofascists at bay in the Middle East.

These inferior cultural traits returned only after the West abandoned their colonies in the mid-20th century, which they should never have done.
Hmm. So none of this is making coherent sense to me. In another thread you wanted to kill Nazis because you said they deserved to be killed for wanting to kill those inferior than them. Now you are saying that western culture did the right thing by colonizing "inferior" cultures (something that had to be done through intimidation and violence--often resulting in killing those "inferior" peoples). You seem to be preoccupied with condemning people to death. What's worse, is you are condemning them to death for reason that they condemn others to death. Should those of us who haven't been advocating for anyone's death now decide to kill you? I mean, it sounds like you may have "inferior" values that need to be purged from the human genome. And as much as I am reluctant to do it, maybe you have a good point. We need to purge you for the greater good of humanity. Sorry. :(
I think you have been misreading his obsession with nazism. He seems to know it's a bad thing, but he finds it deeply alluring.

He obviously has the basic temperament of a nazi to begin with (facism is about deploying violence against enemies mostly for the sake of the violence itself, nazism is about rounding them up and exterminating them wholesale). He despises all non European cultures. If you dig up his thread about universal basic income you will note he also despises the working classes. He's really just saving up for Damascene conversion to the mud people eliminating cause now, which will come as a surprise only to himself.
Hmm. Well, I don't remember him posting stuff like this years ago. I seem to recall him posting more innocuous questions and stuff like that here. Not sure what has changed in his life but it seems different now if my recollection is accurate. Maybe he's just doing it to get a rise out of people. I suppose that's possible too.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
Hmm. So none of this is making coherent sense to me.
I'd just say what they used to say in the days of the great Cuban influx..."All the boats are one way."

Everybody and his grandmother wants to escape to the West. Meanwhile, there are not similar masses migrating to Saudi, or North Africa, or China. That tells you all you need to know: people are voting with their feet, and they're all voting West.

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:03 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 pm
Gary Childress wrote:
I'd just say what they used to say in the days of the great Cuban influx..."All the boats are one way."

Everybody and his grandmother wants to escape to the West. Meanwhile, there are not similar masses migrating to Saudi, or North Africa, or China. That tells you all you need to know: people are voting with their feet, and they're all voting West.
I was referring to his comments about the west colonizing other cultures to rid them of "inferior" cultural practices of violence and therefore we had to colonize and enact violence on them --doesn't make sense to me.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:38 am

Gary Childress wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:03 am
Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:31 pm
Gary Childress wrote:

I was referring to his comments about the west colonizing other cultures to rid them of "inferior" cultural practices of violence and therefore we had to colonize and enact violence on them --doesn't make sense to me.
I see.

Dubious

Post by Dubious » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:31 am

gaffo wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:26 am

5. Western Civilization is all thanks to the Romans and the prior Greeks (not due to Germans, nor Anglo-Sazons, nor Franks or Danish), with help from the English who re-discovered the former's works and adopted them for their own.

Some people are just too stupid to be embarrassed by their own ignorance.

Amazing!

philosopher

Post by philosopher » Wed May 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Gary Childress wrote:
philosopher wrote:
Kayla wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 pm
it is interesting to note that people generally think that their own country / culture / etc is superior - and then try to justify it with reasons that purport to be universal

whats with that?

I'm not saying the colonists killing, executing and enslaving the colonized world was of any good. I'm saying that it was a good thing the West stopped the superstitious rituals of widow burnings and human sacrifices. They couldn't have done this without colonizing, say India.

Kayla

Post by Kayla » Wed May 01, 2019 10:01 pm

philosopher wrote:
Lol, i like people parodying loony right-wing types as much as the next girl, but you maybe overdoing it

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Thu May 02, 2019 4:15 am

Kayla wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:01 pm
philosopher wrote:
Lol, i like people parodying loony right-wing types as much as the next girl, but you maybe overdoing it
the Aztecs were no hippies.

I'm fine with the Spanish killing them off.

they had help from other indian tribes. in fact the spanish would have lost if not for their help.

why did 30 or so other indian tribes side with the Spanish? why ideed.

ask yourself that!

because the Aztecs were thugs.

good riddance, about the only good thing the spanish ever did in the new world.