POSTMODERNISM - AMERICA'S ENEMY WITH

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alizia

Re: POSTMODERNISM - AMERICA'S ENEMY WITH

Post by Alizia » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Dachshund wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:30 pm
Belinda,
Alizia, not Belinda.

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Yes, the inner world. It's not very measurable or currently not within the domain of the scientific method, but we all know about the sense of being, however we may interpret it. My view is that everything is/has a spirit, ie. a way of doing things, that contains smaller spirits and is also a component of larger spirits, larger levels of organisation.

The only question for me here is whether those spirits can survive, or are preserved in any way after, death. My own view is perhaps closer to Plato's forms or Jung's archetypes—the idea that particular configurations will, through probability and selection, continue to appear. I have a rough notion of archetypes in my mind that keep appearing, for instance, predators and prey. Not only is that dynamic in the animal, plant and fungal kingdoms, but it also appears in personal relationships, business, politics, and is even the case during planetary formation, where larger bodies like the Earth absorbed smaller ones. Another example of such an archetype off the top of my head is: catalysts and hermits, those in thick of things and those at the margins. The individual is no longer there but the larger clade that made up the largest part of the individual's expressions continues.

So we turn up on the Earth's surface, this small and complex dynamic bundle of attributes, and the law of averages suggests that there will be many others of a similar ilk out there in a population of 7.6 billion who share many of our attributes. They needn't be human, either. For instance, a rejected person might be feeding birds on a park bench and tend to throw more treats to the birds out at the fringes being pushed out of the way by the dominants. They are, in a sense, partners in the spirit of remoteness. There's a resonance.

I don't have a problem with the God concept. Who knows? What if this is not the first universe but the billionth? What if evolution in even one of those universes produced beings that managed to keep transcending every challenge the cosmos threw at them until they achieved a form capable of surviving the heat death of their universe and become a presence in the next? It's possible to my mind.

This is all pretty esoteric. The big thing is that we have come from generations of survivors - and a great survival trait in colonies is to naturally feel a preference to cooperate rather than harm others. It's all very general and naturally there will be exceptions to the tendency.
[/quote]

Good Grief !

What a pile of woolley codswallop, Greta ! Are you seriously asking members of this forum to accept your claim that there is a "Greta Spirit" that is, in fact, comprised of smaller, "sub-Greta Spirits" and that the "Greta Spirit" is itself, indeed, a component of some larger Spiritual entity. That sounds to me like "classic mechanics on mescaline" - like something Isaac Newton might have come up with after inhaling too many noxious fumes from the "Chymicals" he was mixing up during a clandestine "Alchymical" experiment he had been conducting in his rooms in Trinity College, Cambridge !

I certainly hope (waggles index finger) that you have not been smoking cannabis again Greta, as I know you have a penchant for that noxious weed ! Though I fear you have been, because when one attempts to philosophise under the influence of THC, the upshot is nonsense of the kind you have written above, where, in the space of a brief 5 paragraphs you have, it is clear, successfully managed to "disappear you your own bottom", so to speak.

In short, my advice to you as a friend, Greta, is to always remember this important rule of thumb, i.e; - when it comes to illicit drugs, JUST SAY NO !

Regards

Dachshund

Logik

Post by Logik » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Dachshund wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 pm
Yes, the inner world. It's not very measurable or currently not within the domain of the scientific method
Are you sure about this? Sure - others can't perform science on you, but you can use the scientific method on yourself.

I have been sciencing the shit out of my own mind and my general behaviour for 2 decades. Know thyself and all that.

It works as expected.

Greta

Post by Greta » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:17 am

Dachshund wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 pm
Good Grief !

What a pile of woolley codswallop, Greta ! Are you seriously asking members of this forum to accept your claim that there is a "Greta Spirit" that is, in fact, comprised of smaller, "sub-Greta Spirits" and that the "Greta Spirit" is itself, indeed, a component of some larger Spiritual entity. That sounds to me like "classic mechanics on mescaline" - like something Isaac Newton might have come up with after inhaling too many noxious fumes from the "Chymicals" he was mixing up during a clandestine "Alchymical" experiment he had been conducting in his rooms in Trinity College, Cambridge !

I certainly hope (waggles index finger) that you have not been smoking cannabis again Greta, as I know you have a penchant for that noxious weed ! Though I fear you have been, because when one attempts to philosophise under the influence of THC, the upshot is nonsense of the kind you have written above, where, in the space of a brief 5 paragraphs you have, it is clear, successfully managed to "disappear you your own bottom", so to speak.

In short, my advice to you as a friend, Greta, is to always remember this important rule of thumb, i.e; - when it comes to illicit drugs, JUST SAY NO !
You have completely misunderstood what I was saying and run off at at the mouth half-cocked as usual. If you do not understand the concept of archetypes, then perhaps you should research first and then comment.

Ironic that someone who believes in a giant invisible magical male deity invented by Bronze Age Arabs would find it so hard to believe that different bundles of tendencies will tend to appear from time to time in populations through simple laws of probability.

It appears to me that you would greatly benefit from cannabis, or perhaps Valium - something to settle your mania.

-1-

Post by -1- » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:08 pm

Greta wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:17 am
Ironic that someone who believes in a giant invisible magical male deity invented by Bronze Age Arabs
You are not fighting a level playing field, Greta. Iron against Bronze. Little wonder the Bronzic age has disappeared, replaced by the Ironic age.

Pick on someone with metals comparable to yours, Greta.