DIVERSITY IS AMERICA'S GREATEST STRENGTH

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: DIVERSITY IS AMERICA'S GREATEST STRENGTH

Post by gaffo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:32 am

Atla wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:29 am
Nick_A wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:06 pm
Atla wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm
If women are so inferior, why so terrified of them?
This is a hard question. It is true that some people are terrified at what they don't understand while others respect their own inability to understand.

A man can be terrified by a woman's external beauty since it has a certain psychological power over them. A man can be also terrified by a woman's inner beauty. A lot of women were killed as witches because people sensed something different about them.

I know for example that Simone Weil was far more intellectually and emotionally intelligent than me. I've never read of a woman whose emotional intelligence was so pure that she was completely open to the vertical human connection of levels of reality (above and below). It doesn't terrify me but rather have great respect for it. I know this pure female emotional quality which enables a man to feel objective meaning so necessary in the world must be kept alive in the world regardless of how it is scorned.

A person can be terrified by what they don't understand but once they begin to understand, terror can quickly change to humility and affection. Of course why so many are determined to justify and defend their terror is another matter.
Nope, Simone Weil was emotionally detached on another level (or in another sense), her mind automatically converted emotions into thoughts, often not even experiencing the emotions. I know this type very well, though this comes with very high apparent emotional intelligence, it's actually more like a disability, making normal interpersonal relationships more or less impossible and they can't experience the full spectrum of human emotions. Sometimes they feel sometimes they don't, such people are born like this, it was only natural that she got interested in Buddhism later.

When disconnected from emotions, this type thinks unnaturally fast, there are only thoughts, however that doesn't make them more intelligent, their grand theories quickly collapse under some moderate scrutiny. You are in love with an illusion apparently.
Ayn Rand seems like the kind you speak of.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:42 am

Walker wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 am
Speaking of racism, this “woman of color” (Rashida Tlaib) is saying, for the Congressional Record, that a colleague is using his co-worker as a “prop” (her words) because of his co-worker's skin color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNJF86aDJ4

She is a Leftist, a Muslim, a Democrat, and playing to her constituency.
yes, as is Meadows, who seems to not understand the defintion of Tokanism - willfully? or just ignorant?

either way he and the black gal "Patten-something" looks the tool, the other Meadows either the master, or a clueless nitwit (no clue of what Tokanism is so not a racist, just a fool, or something worse - understands tokanism and is playing the rest of us as fools and is a racist to boot).

I don't care either way,

in my book is see at best Meadows is on par with Tlaib.

why did you include the Muslim part? is she?, i don't know, you seem to think that is important. is it? if so why?

should i included that Meadows outside of being a Republican is a CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!! - OMG!!!!! ?

Walker wrote:
The Left is all that The Left accuses.
WTF? only thing i saw were Reichbugs ignoring interest in any facts about Trump subverting the law, and instead attacking the messenger!!!!!!!!!!!

pull you head out, before there is a 4th Reich AT HOME!

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:50 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:34 pm
Walker wrote:
Speaking of racism, this “woman of color” (Rashida Tlaib) is saying, for the Congressional Record, that a colleague is using his co-worker as a “prop” (her words) because of his co-worker's skin color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNJF86aDJ4

She is a Leftist, a Muslim, a Democrat, and playing to her constituency.

The Left is all that The Left accuses.
Strange how this so-called 'left' you are constantly referring to is made up of perfectly sane and rational people in every country except yours (but rapidly becoming poisoned with the American influence eg. the US-dominated internet. Children here now even speak with American accents. How fucking depressing is that?)
Face it. 'Left' or 'right', Americans are bat-shit crazy across the board.
Why do you find it so hard to grasp the simple truth that 'left wing' is NOT a euphemisim for PCbatshitinsane? It's like saying that 'purple' means the same thing as 'house', just because some houses are purple.
(Why am I wasting my time? You are never going to 'get' it, and you will continue to spew your crap about 'liberal lefties' till the cows come home. Why don't you just say, 'insane Americans who are insane in a different way from the way I am insane' ? )
Brits were infected before us - Brextiiers are the same shit for brains is Trumpers - and before us.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:52 am

[Why don't you just say, 'insane Americans who are insane in a different way from the way I am insane' ? )
LOL - made me spill my beer, still don't like you and i await your insult/snipe.

but like the reply nonetheless. thanks for the guffaw.

gaffo

Post by gaffo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:05 am

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:36 pm
Walker wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Stick your USidiocy-pandering idiocratic Wiki 'definition'. Some people are just better educated than others.
Thus the urging to exercise independent research for satisfactory verification of suggested Wikki directions.

When you put a large population of anything in close proximity, order is required for the existence of the most. At first glance an ant-hill may seem chaotic, but it’s not. Each ant knows exactly what it’s doing, without doubt, without choice.

This is just the way things are.

That automobile in the TV commercial that is driving through a shallow creek, or racing across the open desert, or slaloming through the Valley of Fire freshly blacktopped and stripped, or doing all three in thirty seconds without another car in sight, does not actually live a machine’s ideal existence.

That’s pure romance. That’s just the principle of freedom artistically rendered, as whimsical as wabbits.

Most of the car’s moving life is actually spent inching along nose-to-tail and tail-to-nose and sitting idle single file and in columns before Stop light, or Stop sign, while its passenger sits in the distracting luxury of electronic entertainment, climate control, and semi-reclined lumbar support dwelling on the “problems” of life, or how to better express her thoughts, and perhaps indulging in a video advertisement of her expensive ride scaling mountains rather than spending its days baking amongst acres of other machines still and silent, their electronic danger alarms on alert, while the passenger works to pay for it all.
Indeed. You are certainly swaying me away from the notion that all Americans are 'nuts' :roll: (That's sarcasm by the way. I'm sensitive to the fact that Americans have a debilitating illness that manifests itself in total blindness when confronted with either sarcasm or irony).

I agree that it does APPEAR to be impossible for an ENTIRE population to be insane, but nothing I've observed has ever convinced me otherwise-- not even a tiny bit. Quite the opposite in fact.

I think what is happening is that the US leads the world in social evolution (and I don't mean that in a good way), therefore humans in general are becoming insaner. This has happened in the US first, with the rest of the planet being dragged down behind it (hence the fact that Americans appear to be incredibly stupid, poorly-educated, and batshit crazy to the rest of the world--they've just become idiots before the rest of the planet has had a chance to catch up).
you post is important, Civics - education of the political system in the land those being educated reside.

I don't know about NZ - maybe you can clue me in if they still educate the kiddies on your gov structure?

here in America we stopped having Civics classes for middle/high schoolers sometime in the late 80's early 90's. I was mid - kill of civics, make informed citizens of the kiddies, so lets have a coach teach it before it goes fully away (like driving lessons/driver education class as well). I learned the basics from a coach - three branches of gov (the rest a learned years afterwards - like jury power, history etc....

BTW history is in the same Civics boat, i learned "history" from 2 coaches in the early 80's too.

Fuck if it ain't STEM - no need to teach it right? (reich?) - be you in Veitnam or NZ or America, learn your STEM,and remain ignorant in Civics, History and similars ----results is well educated bots to work in the STEM, and not have the mind to ask questions nor question any authority.

no?

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:42 am

gaffo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:52 am
[Why don't you just say, 'insane Americans who are insane in a different way from the way I am insane' ? )
LOL - made me spill my beer, still don't like you and i await your insult/snipe.

I've never expected to win any 'miss popularity' contests on here. The posters I had a bit of a soft spot for have long since gone, and for the most part the religious crazies have taken over the asylum. If they despise me then I know I must be doing something right :D

Walker

Post by Walker » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:42 am
gaffo wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:52 am

I've never expected to win any 'miss popularity' contests on here. The posters I had a bit of a soft spot for have long since gone, and for the most part the religious crazies have taken over the asylum. If they despise me then I know I must be doing something right :D
The positive aspect of annoyance is to challenge bedrock assumptions, beginning within oneself.

Not to be confused with mundane annoyances, such as:

One: Like in Dumb and Dumber, when The Gasman gets caught between the two heroes and must endure willful annoyance.

Two: We don’t need no stinking evidence.

Three: Ending inquiry after stating logical inconsistencies obvious to all.

Four: Absurd non-sequitur conclusions.

Five: Clipboard check-lists.

Six: General Inspectors.

Seven: Fancy formatting.

Etc:

Which type are you, do you think?
(I'll 'fess up to five and seven.)