DIVERSITY IS AMERICA'S GREATEST STRENGTH

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: DIVERSITY IS AMERICA'S GREATEST STRENGTH

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:35 am
Do little wiener dogs even 'woof' or do they just squeak annoyingly?
Have you seen the famous Honey-Badger video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Those little dogs were designed to interact with Honey-Badgers.
That commentary. :lol: :lol: :lol:
'eeeuuuwww, what's that in its mouth..? That's disgusting...'
Walker

Post by Walker »

Honey Badger don’t back down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlalDNxccw
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Honey badger makes leopard change its spots

https://www.rt.com/news/450822-leopard- ... =Miximedia
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 am Honey badger makes leopard change its spots

https://www.rt.com/news/450822-leopard- ... =Miximedia
Leopard only changes hermit spots when possessed by the species imperative.

Honey Badger launched for leopard lip like a little halfback for the goal line.

Honey Badger = pure jingoist.
First instinct = all-out aggression.
Second instinct = escape routes.

Mothers know why Honey Badger stands alone over her kit to face the universe.
Pure aggression untainted by hesitation changes the laws of physics.*

Relentless aggression + sound assault = Badgering

Badger statement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6CDFn2i3I
(watch it all to feel what the leopard felt)

* Law of physics:
Good big beats good little unless luck steps in.
Atla

Post by Atla »

If women are so inferior, why so terrified of them?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Atla wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm If women are so inferior, why so terrified of them?
This is a hard question. It is true that some people are terrified at what they don't understand while others respect their own inability to understand.

A man can be terrified by a woman's external beauty since it has a certain psychological power over them. A man can be also terrified by a woman's inner beauty. A lot of women were killed as witches because people sensed something different about them.

I know for example that Simone Weil was far more intellectually and emotionally intelligent than me. I've never read of a woman whose emotional intelligence was so pure that she was completely open to the vertical human connection of levels of reality (above and below). It doesn't terrify me but rather have great respect for it. I know this pure female emotional quality which enables a man to feel objective meaning so necessary in the world must be kept alive in the world regardless of how it is scorned.

A person can be terrified by what they don't understand but once they begin to understand, terror can quickly change to humility and affection. Of course why so many are determined to justify and defend their terror is another matter.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:06 pm
Atla wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm If women are so inferior, why so terrified of them?
This is a hard question. It is true that some people are terrified at what they don't understand while others respect their own inability to understand.

A man can be terrified by a woman's external beauty since it has a certain psychological power over them. A man can be also terrified by a woman's inner beauty. A lot of women were killed as witches because people sensed something different about them.

I know for example that Simone Weil was far more intellectually and emotionally intelligent than me. I've never read of a woman whose emotional intelligence was so pure that she was completely open to the vertical human connection of levels of reality (above and below). It doesn't terrify me but rather have great respect for it. I know this pure female emotional quality which enables a man to feel objective meaning so necessary in the world must be kept alive in the world regardless of how it is scorned.

A person can be terrified by what they don't understand but once they begin to understand, terror can quickly change to humility and affection. Of course why so many are determined to justify and defend their terror is another matter.
Nope, Simone Weil was emotionally detached on another level (or in another sense), her mind automatically converted emotions into thoughts, often not even experiencing the emotions. I know this type very well, though this comes with very high apparent emotional intelligence, it's actually more like a disability, making normal interpersonal relationships more or less impossible and they can't experience the full spectrum of human emotions. Sometimes they feel sometimes they don't, such people are born like this, it was only natural that she got interested in Buddhism later.

When disconnected from emotions, this type thinks unnaturally fast, there are only thoughts, however that doesn't make them more intelligent, their grand theories quickly collapse under some moderate scrutiny. You are in love with an illusion apparently.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:29 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Nope, Simone Weil was emotionally detached on another level (or in another sense), her mind automatically converted emotions into thoughts, often not even experiencing the emotions. I know this type very well, though this comes with very high apparent emotional intelligence, it's actually more like a disability, making normal interpersonal relationships more or less impossible and they can't experience the full spectrum of human emotions. Sometimes they feel sometimes they don't, such people are born like this, it was only natural that she got interested in Buddhism later.

When disconnected from emotions, this type thinks unnaturally fast, there are only thoughts, however that doesn't make them more intelligent, their grand theories quickly collapse under some moderate scrutiny. You are in love with an illusion apparently.
I’d like to ask you some questions not for the sake of arguing but for trying to understand your perspective. The question of human emotional intelligence interests me because it seems that all the horrors of the world are the result of corrupted emotions which people don’t want to admit. So first of all you wrote:
Nope, Simone Weil was emotionally detached on another level (or in another sense), her mind automatically converted emotions into thoughts, often not even experiencing the emotions. I know this type very well, though this comes with very high apparent emotional intelligence, it's actually more like a disability, making normal interpersonal relationships more or less impossible and they can't experience the full spectrum of human emotions.
Simone was dedicated to experiencing the reality both of the external world she was within and her own inner world. Doing so requires the commitment to develop the power of conscious attention. In her own words:
."Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. It is given to very few minds to notice that things and beings exist. Since my childhood I have not wanted anything else but to receive the complete revelation of this before dying."
This quality of attention not to be confused with emotional suppression is only possible for a person detached from the power of acquired negative emotions. Our natural animal emotions don’t interfere but our acquired negative emotions which justify attachments negate conscious attention.
I know this type very well, though this comes with very high apparent emotional intelligence, it's actually more like a disability, making normal interpersonal relationships more or less impossible and they can't experience the full spectrum of human emotions.
Is conscious attention a disability or an evolved human attribute that appears to be a disability since we are not used to experiencing its presence?

IYO does the full spectrum of human emotions have to include the expression of acquired negative emotions? As I understand it our normal interpersonal relationships are largely based on negative emotions expressing either false pride and or vanity. Do you believe it is possible that we are far more under the power of imagination than we are aware of? Is Simone right in her description of imagination?
“Imagination is always the fabric of social life and the dynamic of history. The influence of real needs and compulsions, of real interests and materials, is indirect because the crowd is never conscious of it.”

”Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life.”
If she is right then her description of the value of detachment for seekers of truth must be right also.
“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached. There is no detachment where there is no pain. And there is no pain endured without hatred or lying unless detachment is present too.”
When hatred and lying are dominant we are incapable of either conscious attention or detachment.
When disconnected from emotions, this type thinks unnaturally fast, there are only thoughts, however that doesn't make them more intelligent, their grand theories quickly collapse under some moderate scrutiny.
Is there a grand theory she wrote of resulting from her intellectual quality blending with her emotional quality that has quickly collapsed?

It seems to me that acquired negative emotions are now considered normal and if they are not expressed a person is considered stupid, elitist, or non-caring. It may be true if a person is suppressing emotions but if a person is not dominated by these negative emotions they are far more free to be human so IMO more intelligent. A person suppressing emotions is not free to act. A person who has attained the power of limited conscious attention and even a limited freedom from the power of negative emotions is far more free to consciously act rather than mechanically react.

When free from the power of negative emotions which deny the experience of reality, we lose the ability to enable the quality of our emotions to evolve. So we remain as we are and imagine ourselves intelligent and justified. It seems this is enough for the majority but not for a minority who are drawn to become more human in mind and heart.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Speaking of racism, this “woman of color” (Rashida Tlaib) is saying, for the Congressional Record, that a colleague is using his co-worker as a “prop” (her words) because of his co-worker's skin color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNJF86aDJ4

She is a Leftist, a Muslim, a Democrat, and playing to her constituency.

The Left is all that The Left accuses.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 am Speaking of racism, this “woman of color” (Rashida Tlaib) is saying, for the Congressional Record, that a colleague is using his co-worker as a “prop” (her words) because of his co-worker's skin color.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNJF86aDJ4

She is a Leftist, a Muslim, a Democrat, and playing to her constituency.

The Left is all that The Left accuses.
Strange how this so-called 'left' you are constantly referring to is made up of perfectly sane and rational people in every country except yours (but rapidly becoming poisoned with the American influence eg. the US-dominated internet. Children here now even speak with American accents. How fucking depressing is that?)
Face it. 'Left' or 'right', Americans are bat-shit crazy across the board.
Why do you find it so hard to grasp the simple truth that 'left wing' is NOT a euphemisim for PCbatshitinsane? It's like saying that 'purple' means the same thing as 'house', just because some houses are purple.
(Why am I wasting my time? You are never going to 'get' it, and you will continue to spew your crap about 'liberal lefties' till the cows come home. Why don't you just say, 'insane Americans who are insane in a different way from the way I am insane' ? )
Walker

Post by Walker »

(sigh)
Here you go.

Left–right political spectrum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left–righ ... l_spectrum

Go forth and begin your education of the ostensible, high-minded principles. You may also want to research any Wikkie claims, and set sights on refining a discrimination that trends towards a more nuanced revelation than an insight that all the inhabitants of either a large or small nation, are nuts. In doing so you will invariable find patterns of coo-coo that veer gauche.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:35 pm (sigh)
Here you go.

Go forth and begin your education of the ostensible, high-minded principles. You may also want to research any Wikkie claims, and set sights on refining a discrimination that trends towards a more nuanced revelation than an insight that all the inhabitants of either a large or small nation, are nuts. In doing so you will invariable find patterns of coo-coo that veer gauche.
Stick your USidiocy-pandering idiocratic Wiki 'definition'. Some people are just better educated than others and don't need to resort to 'wikipedia' to find something that they should just know themselves.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm
Here you go.

Stick your USidiocy-pandering idiocratic Wiki 'definition'. Some people are just better educated than others.
Thus the urging to exercise independent research for satisfactory verification of suggested Wikki directions.

When you put a large population of anything in close proximity, order is required for the existence of the most. At first glance an ant-hill may seem chaotic, but it’s not. Each ant knows exactly what it’s doing, without doubt, without choice.

This is just the way things are.

That automobile in the TV commercial that is driving through a shallow creek, or racing across the open desert, or slaloming through the Valley of Fire freshly blacktopped and striped, or doing all three in thirty seconds without another car in sight, does not actually live a machine’s ideal existence.

That’s pure romance. That’s just the principle of freedom artistically rendered, as whimsical as wabbits.

Most of the car’s moving life is actually spent inching along nose-to-tail and tail-to-nose and sitting idle single file and in columns before Stop light, or Stop sign, while its passenger sits in the distracting luxury of electronic entertainment, climate control, and semi-reclined lumbar support dwelling on the “problems” of life, or how to better express her thoughts, and perhaps indulging in a video advertisement of her expensive ride scaling mountains rather than spending its days baking amongst acres of other machines still and silent, their electronic danger alarms on alert, while the passenger works to pay for it all.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:19 pm
Here you go.

Stick your USidiocy-pandering idiocratic Wiki 'definition'. Some people are just better educated than others.
Thus the urging to exercise independent research for satisfactory verification of suggested Wikki directions.

When you put a large population of anything in close proximity, order is required for the existence of the most. At first glance an ant-hill may seem chaotic, but it’s not. Each ant knows exactly what it’s doing, without doubt, without choice.

This is just the way things are.

That automobile in the TV commercial that is driving through a shallow creek, or racing across the open desert, or slaloming through the Valley of Fire freshly blacktopped and stripped, or doing all three in thirty seconds without another car in sight, does not actually live a machine’s ideal existence.

That’s pure romance. That’s just the principle of freedom artistically rendered, as whimsical as wabbits.

Most of the car’s moving life is actually spent inching along nose-to-tail and tail-to-nose and sitting idle single file and in columns before Stop light, or Stop sign, while its passenger sits in the distracting luxury of electronic entertainment, climate control, and semi-reclined lumbar support dwelling on the “problems” of life, or how to better express her thoughts, and perhaps indulging in a video advertisement of her expensive ride scaling mountains rather than spending its days baking amongst acres of other machines still and silent, their electronic danger alarms on alert, while the passenger works to pay for it all.
Indeed. You are certainly swaying me away from the notion that all Americans are 'nuts' :roll: (That's sarcasm by the way. I'm sensitive to the fact that Americans have a debilitating illness that manifests itself in total blindness when confronted with either sarcasm or irony).

I agree that it does APPEAR to be impossible for an ENTIRE population to be insane, but nothing I've observed has ever convinced me otherwise-- not even a tiny bit. Quite the opposite in fact.

I think what is happening is that the US leads the world in social evolution (and I don't mean that in a good way), therefore humans in general are becoming insaner. This has happened in the US first, with the rest of the planet being dragged down behind it (hence the fact that Americans appear to be incredibly stupid, poorly-educated, and batshit crazy to the rest of the world--they've just become idiots before the rest of the planet has had a chance to catch up).
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:36 pm Indeed. You are certainly swaying me away from the notion that all Americans are 'nuts' :roll: (That's sarcasm by the way. I'm sensitive to the fact that Americans have a debilitating illness that manifests itself in total blindness when confronted with either sarcasm or irony).
Well, I know for a fact that in some instances what you call an illness is nothing more than a personal and choiceless antidote for a lifetime of walking the line between hard cynicism and hateful.