The world is getting dumber every second

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2229
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by -1- » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Frank N Stein wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:52 am
-1- wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:28 am
Frank N Stein wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:30 pm
We are generally a lazy bunch. Aware of our own mortality, we don't like to have to wait for anything, and the faster things become, the more impatient we become.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
Why bash your own race? Animals believe in instant gratification a thousand more times more compellingly than humans. And allegedly they don't even have a concept of an afterlife!

The web made people more stupid and smarter at the same time. Its main educational feature is to get answers instantly. That speeds up the learning process, as thirty years ago you had to take the bus to the library to find things out, and you only did if you got lucky.

This speed of affairs made information cheap for people. Information became a cheap whore, and people fuck her. Men fuck her. Women fuck her. Children fuck her. Your own dog, cat and dromedar fucks her. Crocodiles, orange groves and waterfalls and fantasies fuck her.

We have big data. It's so big, it's bigger than life. I watched a show once on big data. A bunch of panelists were not able to say anything more on the future of big data but "woo-hoo, it's big data, whee, wahoo."

Philippe, I want to divorce you.
I don't understand what point you are trying to make.
1. Point 1: Animals are more prone to wishing instant gratification than humans.
2. Point 2: The Internet has a two-edged influence on the knowledge base of people.
3. Point 3: We don't value those things that come cheap to us with no effort.
4. Point 4: Even smart people admit they don't know what we are up against in the information age.
5. Point 5: Bus driver, stop the world! I want to get off.

Walker
Posts: 5881
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by Walker » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Evidence.

“The official said the president does have the authority to cancel the use of military aircraft.”
https://apnews.com/fd13507e5acf4babb02320c9499d9412

:lol:

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5282
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 pm

philosopher wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 pm
The election of president Trump despite there already being heavy suspecion that his election campaign was paid by Putin - or at least that Putin thinks Trump would be a good president for U.S, or the election and re-election of Orban in Hungary or even the referendum in Turkey to revert democratic institutions and become a dictatorship, along with the re-election of Erdogan, and all the sceptics of the man-made climate change and the vaccine-resistance movement etc. etc. is all evidence that the world is getting dumber.

Fact is that people don't listen to scientists or clever people in general. They only listen to their so-called gut-intuitions and layman's psychology, popular science books at best.

If anyone is showing evidence of having read a scientific paper - and understood it properly or even enganged in intelligent conversations, they are marked as "outsiders", "wierdos" and what else. Nobody listen to them.

In other words, clever people are not rewarded. They are punished.

Is there anything we can do about it?
I Disagree! You are attempting to be definitive while generalizing, assuming there are no specific instances that would prove otherwise. You can't do that with certainty. Your position is illogical. While I'm sure it might be true in some instances.

Frank N Stein
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:03 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by Frank N Stein » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 pm

philosopher wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 pm
The election of president Trump despite there already being heavy suspecion that his election campaign was paid by Putin - or at least that Putin thinks Trump would be a good president for U.S, or the election and re-election of Orban in Hungary or even the referendum in Turkey to revert democratic institutions and become a dictatorship, along with the re-election of Erdogan, and all the sceptics of the man-made climate change and the vaccine-resistance movement etc. etc. is all evidence that the world is getting dumber.

Fact is that people don't listen to scientists or clever people in general. They only listen to their so-called gut-intuitions and layman's psychology, popular science books at best.

If anyone is showing evidence of having read a scientific paper - and understood it properly or even enganged in intelligent conversations, they are marked as "outsiders", "wierdos" and what else. Nobody listen to them.

In other words, clever people are not rewarded. They are punished.

Is there anything we can do about it?
The reason the Russians wanted Trump to be President is because they wanted to avoid WW111 and Trump seemed like the better option considering his opponent was uber-hawk Hillary Clinton. Is there anything wrong with that?
How many foreign elections and Govts. has the US interfered in? They can dish it out but they can't take it. If Russia interfered with the US election then good for them, and the US needs to stop whining and get over it.

philosopher
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by philosopher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Frank N Stein wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 pm

The reason the Russians wanted Trump to be President is because they wanted to avoid WW111 and Trump seemed like the better option considering his opponent was uber-hawk Hillary Clinton. Is there anything wrong with that?
How many foreign elections and Govts. has the US interfered in? They can dish it out but they can't take it. If Russia interfered with the US election then good for them, and the US needs to stop whining and get over it.
What you are saying is: Let's just do as Putin says, and everything will be fine.

DAMN _NO_!

Frank N Stein
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:03 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by Frank N Stein » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 pm

philosopher wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm
Frank N Stein wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 pm

The reason the Russians wanted Trump to be President is because they wanted to avoid WW111 and Trump seemed like the better option considering his opponent was uber-hawk Hillary Clinton. Is there anything wrong with that?
How many foreign elections and Govts. has the US interfered in? They can dish it out but they can't take it. If Russia interfered with the US election then good for them, and the US needs to stop whining and get over it.
What you are saying is: Let's just do as Putin says, and everything will be fine.

DAMN _NO_!
A perfect example of why Americans are notorious as the stupidest people on the planet.

philosopher
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by philosopher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Frank N Stein wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 pm
philosopher wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm
Frank N Stein wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 pm

The reason the Russians wanted Trump to be President is because they wanted to avoid WW111 and Trump seemed like the better option considering his opponent was uber-hawk Hillary Clinton. Is there anything wrong with that?
How many foreign elections and Govts. has the US interfered in? They can dish it out but they can't take it. If Russia interfered with the US election then good for them, and the US needs to stop whining and get over it.
What you are saying is: Let's just do as Putin says, and everything will be fine.

DAMN _NO_!
A perfect example of why Americans are notorious as the stupidest people on the planet.
First, you are the stupid one. Or your are pro-Putin. I think the latter. Although, being pro-Putin = stupid.
Secondly, there is nothing stupid in not wanting to be ruled by Putin - a dictator.
Thirdly, I'm not an American.

Frank N Stein
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:03 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by Frank N Stein » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 pm

philosopher wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:24 pm
Frank N Stein wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 pm
philosopher wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm


What you are saying is: Let's just do as Putin says, and everything will be fine.

DAMN _NO_!
A perfect example of why Americans are notorious as the stupidest people on the planet.
First, you are the stupid one. Or your are pro-Putin. I think the latter. Although, being pro-Putin = stupid.
Secondly, there is nothing stupid in not wanting to be ruled by Putin - a dictator.
Thirdly, I'm not an American.
You did say 'let us..' I have not reason to hate Putin or give a damn if he did or did not want Trump to win.

Walker
Posts: 5881
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by Walker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:27 pm

“Abuse and cheap political shots are easy. And if one side won’t dignify them with a response, let alone a retributive attack, they are an exceedingly effective weapon. If a politician baselessly accused of racism*, sexism, and pedophilia responds by saying that he will not dignify the accusations with a response, the negative advertisements write themselves.

“The only way to deter such base tactics is to use the same tactics effectively against the perpetrators. A taste of one’s own medicine often cures the wanton pettiness and shamelessness that spurred an original unwarranted attack. And it certainly helps if someone can outplay the disgusting would-be character assassins at their own game.”

https://amgreatness.com/2019/01/19/givi ... -medicine/

Commentary: Agree. One must speak the proper language to be heard. Speak thug to thugs. Intelligence to intelligent. Clown to jokers.


*That old, worn-out tactic should sound familiar to many Progs.

gaffo
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The world is getting dumber every second

Post by gaffo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:46 am

philosopher wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 pm
The election of president Trump despite there already being heavy suspecion that his election campaign was paid by Putin - or at least that Putin thinks Trump would be a good president for U.S, or the election and re-election of Orban in Hungary or even the referendum in Turkey to revert democratic institutions and become a dictatorship, along with the re-election of Erdogan, and all the sceptics of the man-made climate change and the vaccine-resistance movement etc. etc. is all evidence that the world is getting dumber.

Fact is that people don't listen to scientists or clever people in general. They only listen to their so-called gut-intuitions and layman's psychology, popular science books at best.

If anyone is showing evidence of having read a scientific paper - and understood it properly or even enganged in intelligent conversations, they are marked as "outsiders", "wierdos" and what else. Nobody listen to them.

In other words, clever people are not rewarded. They are punished.

Is there anything we can do about it?
continue the fight, you left out Dutarte and Bulsinaro

yes sheople are getting dumber and dumber - sadly.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests