Why Politicians Deny Facts

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

philosopher

Re: Why Politicians Deny Facts

Post by philosopher »

-1- wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm
philosopher wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 pm
-1- wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:02 pm Just kill them, no trial, no death sentence. Why overcomplicate things.
That is illegal, and worse: It's immoral to punish someone without giving them a fair trial.

Sez someone who has already condemned them to death.
-1- wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:02 pm Once you bring them to trial, you are bringing lawyers on board and that's the death sentence of your movement.
I don't want such a movement to stay.

So you don't want a quick end to your movement... you don't want the movement to stay...
You fighting your self into a corner often?
I am totally against the Death Penalty for all crimes, but another one inside me is very much pro-dp for almost all crimes.

Can't do much about it.
-1-

Post by -1- »

philosopher wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 pmI am totally against the Death Penalty for all crimes, but another one inside me is very much pro-dp for almost all crimes.

Can't do much about it.
Fair enough.

I have a few irreconcilable differences within me, too.

For instance, I'd like to date Julia Roberts, Ivanka (Trump's ex wife) and any of the better looking Russina female tennis players, and yet, none has returned my calls. This is a big dichotomy, self-contradiction in my life that I can't seem to be able to reconcile within me.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Perhaps because facts are descriptive, while politics is a prescriptive endeavor?

Facts are about the present. Don't bore politicians with your details while they build The Future! Tomorrow will be better than today. Promise...
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Logik wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:17 pm Tomorrow will be better than today. Promise...
That depends on one's perspective, political or otherwise. As the political pendulum swings throughout time, there will always be those who find tomorrow worse. But for the Luddites of today, the pendulum has been replaced by a digital, linear curve; they will never find a better tomorrow.

:wink: