Political correctness and snowflake generation

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:34 pm

gaffo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:15 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:35 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:35 pm
What are your views VEGGIESHEEP? and I am not being an asshole mate, I swear! Just that I am trying to work you out? Im not sure what makes you tick?
I will give you the olive leaf! And propose a level ground of discussion, a question for a question! You ask me anything, and I will reply truthfully, I ask you and you do the same? What you say! Truce?
Apparently I'm a 'snowflake', according to you. Could you do me a huge favour and copypaste my 'snowflake' comment that put me in this category in your mind? That would be greatly appreciated. Btw, if you are English when why are you using American badspelling?
Dave and I have debate in another thread over Brixit, he is not an American, English or may a Scott.

I'll let him clarify as to which himself.
Im what you call a scouser! 😊 I am from a place called Liverpool... As for my ancestors, etc...we don't really class ourselves as anything else really, just scouser.

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:45 pm

gaffo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 am
Davyboi wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:24 pm
To flashdangerpants and vegetariantaxidermy I owe you both a big apology! For the way I have criticized you both, I was a gobshite and out of order and had no right to insult the pair of you! I should practice what I preach, instead of being the hypocrite that I have found myself to be.
nice to see the above post.

and so since you have your mind back, i'd like to see your views as a level head guy about the matter of this thread "political correctness"

good to see the thread back on track.

Dave, you show character in the above post, and i personally welcome your views on matters - even if we dissagree (you mae culpa(sp) - for me matters much - can't speak for others nor care to).
Thanks gaffo for this post! I don't know about character, more feel like a man with his tail between his legs! Lol 😂
I was wrong... And I have calmed down, level headed! Hopefully... Anyway! 🤞🤞🤞

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1773
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 am

Should I believe you this time, or am I going to get another lecture about not calling your grandad a racist in spite of the fact you did exactly that on page 1 of this thread?

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 am
Should I believe you this time, or am I going to get another lecture about not calling your grandad a racist in spite of the fact you did exactly that on page 1 of this thread?
No offence to you FlashDangerpants, but the apology I gave you was because I was in the wrong, and I felt within myself that I should give it, I cursed you out, and after thinking about it I shouldn't of...that was the reason why I done it.
As for whether you believe me or not, I really couldn't give a shit! And as for getting another lecture? Yes you probably will, sometime in the future

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1773
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 am
Should I believe you this time, or am I going to get another lecture about not calling your grandad a racist in spite of the fact you did exactly that on page 1 of this thread?
No offence to you FlashDangerpants, but the apology I gave you was because I was in the wrong, and I felt within myself that I should give it, I cursed you out, and after thinking about it I shouldn't of...that was the reason why I done it.
As for whether you believe me or not, I really couldn't give a shit! And as for getting another lecture? Yes you probably will, sometime in the future
So being factually incorrect and slandering me because you have the reading age of a chimpanzee isn't what you are sorry for, you are merely apologising for getting grumpy. You're like one of those men who beats his wife, and then begs her both to forgive him, before telling her to stop making him punch women because she's such a bitch.

Don't waste my patience saying sorry for some swearing I don't give a fuck about. Learn to read or fuck off.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:21 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:55 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:52 am
Should I believe you this time, or am I going to get another lecture about not calling your grandad a racist in spite of the fact you did exactly that on page 1 of this thread?
No offence to you FlashDangerpants, but the apology I gave you was because I was in the wrong, and I felt within myself that I should give it, I cursed you out, and after thinking about it I shouldn't of...that was the reason why I done it.
As for whether you believe me or not, I really couldn't give a shit! And as for getting another lecture? Yes you probably will, sometime in the future
So being factually incorrect and slandering me because you have the reading age of a chimpanzee isn't what you are sorry for, you are merely apologising for getting grumpy. You're like one of those men who beats his wife, and then begs her both to forgive him, before telling her to stop making him punch women because she's such a bitch.

Don't waste my patience saying sorry for some swearing I don't give a fuck about. Learn to read or fuck off.
:lol: When you are good you are very good. 'Nail on head' stuff. I don't think he's capable of admitting when he's wrong.

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1773
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:27 pm

I don't honestly think he's capable of noticing.

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:37 pm

What does CAPABLE mean?

commonsense
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by commonsense » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:37 pm
What does CAPABLE mean?
capable of/able to/having the ability to/can do

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 pm

commonsense wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:32 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:37 pm
What does CAPABLE mean?
capable of/able to/having the ability to/can do
I was being sarcastic commonsense! Thanks anyway tho.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:51 am

Davyboi wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 pm
commonsense wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:32 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:37 pm
What does CAPABLE mean?
capable of/able to/having the ability to/can do
I was being sarcastic commonsense! Thanks anyway tho.
Sure you were :wink:

User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Kayla » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 pm
Am I the only person who thinks this is all getting weird? People are frightened of saying what they really feel Incase they get judged? As an English man, and born on the 23 April. Which is Saint Georges day, this day is not celebrated anymore! Reason why? Because it is associated with racism. Madness!
Another thing which annoys me, and I think is unbelievable, that I read, I know this is going to sound trivial, but APU FROM THE SIMPSONS is to be written out as it has now been decided that it is racist, and stereotyping...sheer madness!
Please give me your opinion please
yea people complain about this sort of thing here in the USA as well

but were things any better in the good old days?

For example, i live in deep rural USA south. i am a black girl married to a white girl. Lots of people disapprove, but out of those, most choose to at least be polite about this. but many if not most people dont really have a problem with this. (there have been incidents but they are not the norm)

on the other hand, sometimes people overreact to mildly racist jokes

good old days, you could make all the racist jokes you can - but well within living memory we would be run out of town

is the world perfect? shit no

is it better than it was, even given the 'omg apu is racist!' thing? shit yea

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am

Kayla wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 pm
Am I the only person who thinks this is all getting weird? People are frightened of saying what they really feel Incase they get judged? As an English man, and born on the 23 April. Which is Saint Georges day, this day is not celebrated anymore! Reason why? Because it is associated with racism. Madness!
Another thing which annoys me, and I think is unbelievable, that I read, I know this is going to sound trivial, but APU FROM THE SIMPSONS is to be written out as it has now been decided that it is racist, and stereotyping...sheer madness!
Please give me your opinion please
yea people complain about this sort of thing here in the USA as well

but were things any better in the good old days?

For example, i live in deep rural USA south. i am a black girl married to a white girl. Lots of people disapprove, but out of those, most choose to at least be polite about this. but many if not most people dont really have a problem with this. (there have been incidents but they are not the norm)

on the other hand, sometimes people overreact to mildly racist jokes

good old days, you could make all the racist jokes you can - but well within living memory we would be run out of town

is the world perfect? shit no

is it better than it was, even given the 'omg apu is racist!' thing? shit yea
I don't know maybe APU is a racist character, to some people, and like anything is subject to the viewers perspective....but from my view, it would be such a shame to get rid of such a wonderful character..

User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Kayla » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am
er than it was, even given the 'omg apu is racist!' thing? shit yea
I don't know maybe APU is a racist character, to some people, and like anything is subject to the viewers perspective....but from my view, it would be such a shame to get rid of such a wonderful character..
my point was that if you think of the good ol' days, todays snowflakes dont seem so bad

remember a short while back there was a commercial showing a mixed race family with a black guy and GASP! a white woman?

this got some peoples' noses out of joint, but most people even around this parts did not give a shit - but not so long ago, before political correctness - no one would dare run such an add

whom do you prefer, snowflakes who get offended by apu, or good ol' boys who get offended by mixed-race marriage? (or same-sex marraige or GASP! mixed-race same-sex marriage)

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Kayla wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:20 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am
er than it was, even given the 'omg apu is racist!' thing? shit yea
I don't know maybe APU is a racist character, to some people, and like anything is subject to the viewers perspective....but from my view, it would be such a shame to get rid of such a wonderful character..
my point was that if you think of the good ol' days, todays snowflakes dont seem so bad

remember a short while back there was a commercial showing a mixed race family with a black guy and GASP! a white woman?

this got some peoples' noses out of joint, but most people even around this parts did not give a shit - but not so long ago, before political correctness - no one would dare run such an add

whom do you prefer, snowflakes who get offended by apu, or good ol' boys who get offended by mixed-race marriage? (or same-sex marraige or GASP! mixed-race same-sex marriage)
They also don't seem all that different from other oppressive regimes. As for the black and white advert, that's natural social evolution--NOT forced social engineering by a self-righteous and oppressive political movement composed entirely of hypocrites.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests