Can there be such a thing as a "Liberal Dictatorship"?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

"I'd pefer one outside of either Party."

Post by henry quirk »

I agree, but as long as we have a two party system, and the two parties are repubs and dems, we're stuck with what we got.
gaffo

Re: "I'd pefer one outside of either Party."

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:07 pm I agree, but as long as we have a two party system, and the two parties are repubs and dems, we're stuck with what we got.
FYI - there is a reason there has only been 2-parties for 80 yrs now.

corruption *collussion"(sp - fk dysl\exia - sick of googling right spelling). "fix is in" for 80 yrs. @ top dogs fixed the sysem from local/state/fed levels to prevent viable 3-4 parties.

there is a reason Libertarians and Greens these last 30 yrs are still stuck at 1-percent registration (fk my State made write ins "none counted" in 2000 - so me voting for MCain (and the Green Party Nader did not get the insane 70,000 sigs needed for ballot............so I did not vote in 2000 (wanted to vote for mcain (but my state nullified it!!!! prior to the election! - months prior! -then a distant backup vote for Nader - also nullifed by my state.

i had no insterest in voting for Bore or Gush - the only allowed votes in my state!!!!!!

so i did not vote! - out of protest of corruption - forced to not vote and be without voice (to vote would be to have affirmed the corruption - and my state did not allow alternative (exactly like communisum - one candidate ballot.

of the alternative - being invisible and so not voting - or supporting corruption and voting for the one candidate Bush/Gore. - i was forced the former.

I'm still invisible and its now even worse.

do you know of the PRI (Mex "revolutionary" party - in revolution though the "State party" for a century now?

well the Republicrats/Domcons are now as the Mexican sham - fully owned by the corps/1-percenters - there is ONE party bubba.

the 1 percenter party.

our "democracy" (thats a laugh!) - it died in the early 90's is dead. we live in a one party state of oligarchy.

- personally i align with 70's era democrats (clinton is a "new" demo - so not my kind) - and also like much of the Libertarians and Greens (Libs for Social folicy - dissagree with their economic) - and greens for there Economic, but not their dissregard for Const/rule of law views.

- so i'm just stuck without any party - stuck in he middle of Libertarians and Greens (3-RD Parties being nullifed by the corrupt system - guess it don't matter if i was card carring - and Dem party leaving me 30 yrs ago with "new democrats/political corretness bullhshit)_.

I'm nothing - literally. no party no voice no vote -------------

and i fear no country soon. (not one i love at least).
gaffo

Re: Can there be such a thing as a "Liberal Dictatorship"?

Post by gaffo »

in be clear - as opposed to be beer inspired rambling above.

A healthy Democratic Republic - Should Have 3 or 4 viable Political Parities.

not one (we don't have Two Parties - Abortion/guns are "bread and circuses - to divide and the cultists pleabs and affirm the illusion of two parties).

Rome serves an a historical example - i fear most are not wise enough to ignore the gladitorial games - and so play in the hands of the oligarchs.
gaffo

Re: "see you next week (when i have my next set of beers - lol)."

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm Good deal.
so.............since you and i are here before i expected - got a flat tire/no work today - so here before expected.

will you do me the honour of letting me know your 2nd and 3rd most valuded emendments to our Constitution.

and why so.

I'd like to know so as we can disscuss civily (fk i do hate dylexcia!)
henry quirk

"so i'm just stuck without any party"

Post by henry quirk »

In my home state, I register as 'no party'.

And, yeah, there've been big stretches where I didn't vote (when everyone on the ballot is shit, does it matter whether its blue shit or red shit?).

I voted for Trump simply cuz it's time to bust things up.

#

"i fear no country soon."

America will stand, mebbe even in a form in keeping with my thinkin' (might require helicopter rides, though, for the select).

#

"A healthy Democratic Republic - Should Have 3 or 4 viable Political Parities."

Me, I'd prefer no parties...I'd like to employ an individual, not a mouthpiece.

#

Let's table the longer, constitutional discussion till the weekend...I'm good for the short replies right now, but not the longer stuff.
Skip

Re: "so i'm just stuck without any party"

Post by Skip »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:48 pm

I think a lot of people did. They didn't put a whole lot of thought into whom and what they were actually voting for; its was all about what they they each imagined as what they were voting against and they didn't bother to project the consequences of "shaking things up".
Well, that's Americans for you. That's humans all over. That's Germans in 1933 or Iranians in 1979.
And then? Well, there's hell to pay for a long, long time, but whatever... at least its' different.

Breaking the USA up into four or six or nine smaller countries is not such a bad idea. Just a bit too late to prevent all the harm the big one's done.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skip,

Ssems to me Trump is doin' exactly what I hired him to do. The consequences of Trump, as president, are exactly what I expected.

I've yet to see a downside to Trump as prez.

You do, I guess.

Tell me your objections.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

The truth is that the very term liberal is elitist, because liberal is another categorization - and all categorization is fascist.
gaffo

Re: "so i'm just stuck without any party"

Post by gaffo »

Skip wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:45 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:48 pm

I think a lot of people did. They didn't put a whole lot of thought into whom and what they were actually voting for; its was all about what they they each imagined as what they were voting against and they didn't bother to project the consequences of "shaking things up".
Well, that's Americans for you. That's humans all over. That's Germans in 1933 or Iranians in 1979.
And then? Well, there's hell to pay for a long, long time, but whatever... at least its' different.

Breaking the USA up into four or six or nine smaller countries is not such a bad idea. Just a bit too late to prevent all the harm the big one's done.
yep. simple fact is when people are pissed they lash out - and vote for Trump-types.

but it is literally 100 times easier to destroy than it is to build.

but it sure feels good to destroy what you hate, not so much to re-build, which is just a hard work slog.

9 times out of 10 what is razed remains razed, for its too much work to rebuild.

refer to Iran/Germany above. of course General Mashall had his plan for the latter (after much death), and pressed Germans/americans/french/English to do some of the not fun heavy lifting of rebuilding that nation for the betterment of all of us today.

sad that we lack such leadership in the West - from us or the French or the Brit/etc.....to build a better world today ;-(.
henry quirk

"9 times out of 10 what is razed remains razed, for its too much work to rebuild."

Post by henry quirk »

Thing is: the stuff I hired Trump to bust up shouldn't be rebuilt.
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:18 pm Skip,

Ssems to me Trump is doin' exactly what I hired him to do. The consequences of Trump, as president, are exactly what I expected.

I've yet to see a downside to Trump as prez.

You do, I guess.

Tell me your objections.
I'm not Skip - but would like to reply to your inquiry.

I do think Trump colluded with Russia prior to the election (I think he got information about emails/etc (us confidential info) from Russian hackers - in order to win the election). I will await Mueller to verify if my suspicions are right here (IF he did - that Sir is Treason).

I think Trump lacks both the judgment and the character to be our president. His judgement is full on ADHD (all over the place from one day to the next), his character is......well refer to his Tweets for that.

I think his lack of character is infectious and give the rest of some of us to act and say stuff that he does (and why all the closet Racists are now out of the closet) - this is cheapening America - making us mean in spirit.

I think he disregards nor values the role of Global alliences (bodies like the EU/UN/NATO and our relations with our allies) such things i personally value as serving the role of makeing our world more stable and predictable (International Rule of Law is what i'm talking about). convetionally expected conduct.

I think Trump is enriching himself in the office - at our taxpayer expence. from charging us for using personal bodyguards to his Mara Largo excersions.

now we see him weak in the whole assumed killing/dissmembering of an American Resident by the Saudis (becasue he values $$ over life/rule of law/cizilized conduct ------anything for a buck (he has 9 properties in Sauid Arabia (the whole "we will lose 110 billion".is a ruse, HE will lose a few 100 million personally - that is all he cares about.
gaffo

Re: "9 times out of 10 what is razed remains razed, for its too much work to rebuild."

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 am Thing is: the stuff I hired Trump to bust up shouldn't be rebuilt.
so stuff you wish to be destroyed - refer to my post about in international order/rule of law.

is that stuff i value?

wow - then we have nothing in common - for i see value in those things.

if you are refering to others things being destroyed, please clarify.

wish to discuss even if you are opposite of my values (i have to "fix" your view).

lol.

no seriously - i have to know my enemy if i hope to save the civilization.

you are not my enemy, but your views may be - and why i welcome clarification.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"I do think Trump colluded with Russia prior to the election"

I don't thnk he did, but even if he did: I don't care.

#

"I think Trump lacks both the judgment and the character to be our president."

I disagree. He's exactly what I expect him to be, doin' exactly what I want.

#

"this is cheapening America - making us mean in spirit."

I see it as chemo, and we need to get a litte meaner.

#

"I think he disregards nor values the role of Global alliences"

I agree and I'm glad he's pissin' on their heads.

#

"I think Trump is enriching himself in the office"

Probably...I don't care.

#

"assumed killing/dissmembering of an American Resident by the Saudis"

If it's proven the Saudis did it, I'm thinkin' they'll pay a price.

#

"is that stuff i value?"

Probably.

#

"then we have nothing in common"

That's a real possibility.

#

"(i have to "fix" your view)"

I can make that easy: I'm a weird-ass anarcho-individualist minarchist with a shotgun.

I'm also an American.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

0h WOW - we do have noting in common - not even the fudementals.

thanks for your honesty.

so - seeing you like all the the aboves - which i hate and why i hate Trump.

do you care to disscuss why you like all the things i hate?

and why so?

from one American to another.
henry quirk

"do you care to disscuss why you like all the things i hate?"

Post by henry quirk »

Sure.

Tell me why you value what you value and I'll tell why I don't value those things.