Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker »

arising ...

Thank you for the inspection, inspectour.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Greta wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 amAll politics is hypocritical.
Bit harsh. I think some people are involved in politics for commendable reasons, even if, as Van Jones says in the clip, you don't agree with those reasons.
Greta wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 amThere is a constant push and pull between corporate and individual welfare in areas where they don't much intersect. Those who favour more controls of individuals are conservatives and those who favour more freedom for individuals are liberals.
Well, as Joseph Goebbels said: "Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will." Who on Earth thinks they are more free than some Americans?
Greta wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 amFrom that tussling comes the society we have at any given time as the pendulum swings one way and then another.
Economic conservatives, the people with all the money and intend to keep it that way, want to be free to control resources, exploit the workforce, use the infrastructure while avoiding tax. They want to have their cake, eat it and have someone else pay for it. The trick they have to pull off is to persuade other types of conservative that this is the same freedom as the freedom to believe batshit religious ideas, walk around with military hardware in your pocket or hate niggers and fags. It's basically a marketing exercise. At the moment, conservatives are doing well, because they are using well tried tactics: "All propaganda has to be popular and has to adapt its spiritual level to the perception of the least intelligent of those towards whom it intends to direct itself." A Hitler.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:...

But my God, the whining is incessant.

:lol:
It is, there seems to be an endless stream of Obama this Hilary that and Liberals are communists on this forum.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 am I know that in discussion I convincingly present one side of a dualistic view.
Only in your own mind. That's why I (and others here) challenge you. You fail at the challenges. Your headstrong insistence is meaningless. The realm of broader truth is bigger than you. You should consider it in your perspective sometime. It's much more fascinating than the small-minded approach you take.

And yes, you do whine continually... blaming all kinds of people for one thing or another. I (and others) challenge you about that too. You fail at those challenges also. The only (demonstrated) value in interacting with you is to poke at you and see the green goo of desperate dishonesty that spurts out. It's a strange fascination from time to time.
Last edited by Lacewing on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Well, the OP video was an Obama pawn, and self-identified communist, trying to steal a Liberal cloak, and characterizing open-minded conservatism as closed-minded.

Seems like these topics you shun and call whining are rather relevant to the particular thread subject, although many prefer other topics, such as moi, who is not so much relevant.

LW, that sounds quite noble and self-serving as a self-evaluaton ... try challenging the thread topic with more than feelings and insults, 'cause you're way out in the weeds.
I offered some tools.
Don't turn your nose up.

:)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 pm try challenging the thread topic with more than feelings and insult
Take your own advice, Walker:
These insights are to be applied to oneself.
Don't worry so much about other people.
And I'll do you the favor of adding a few more tips for you:

Stop blaming everyone else in your weak "arguments". It's dishonest and childish. Try using more honesty and less arrogance. No one here is fooled by your nonsense the way you apparently are.

:wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

It's not even my thread, and when you boil it down, you haven't contributed to it.
I dared to challenge the OP with rationality and facts, and I must say, the countering was weak.
Very weak.

All you do is write about me, and what folks should be doing.
Not a wisp of topicality.
Not even a titch.

Here, take your mind off me for a bit.

Have a laugh.

:D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:03 pm It's not even my thread, and when you boil it down, you haven't contributed to it.
I think the OP is a very good look at both sides. Interesting and informative. I don't feel compelled to challenge a broad view like that.

However, I did feel compelled to challenge what you said -- and challenging what people say is part of being involved in the discussions here. You do it all the time... RIGHT?

Based on what you said, here were my challenges for you to acknowledge broader truth (as the OP inspires) which you seem to ignore:
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 am That's sad, that the Left has to hate.
> What causes hatred?
> A: Ignorance.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 pmDoes hatred mean the same regardless of who it's coming from?
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 am [No answer]
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:56 pmBecause all the Trump denial is hate-based...
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 pmOpposition does not equal hate... /... Does your own opposition always manifest as hate?
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 am [No answer]
If your statements are true, can you not be honest about exploring them?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Yes, I know. You’re an unlicensed philosophy inspector, with no interest in the topic, who lacks the ability to present the flip side of a dualistic coin so instead distracts with a little picking and nibbling at the edges of off-topic stuff.

So, whatever it is you’re writing about there, maybe you can hone those thoughts in relation to the thread topic, seeing as how I’m off on an exciting adventure that requires full attention to pleasure.

8)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:20 pm Yes, I know. You’re an unlicensed philosophy inspector, with no interest in the topic, who lacks the ability to present the flip side of a dualistic coin so instead distracts with little a little picking and nibbling at the edges of off-topic stuff.
So, if I'm nibbling at your comments... then I guess they are the off-topic stuff you're referring to.

I don't view things with as much focus on the dualistic coin. That's your trip.

Based on your inability/unwillingness to answer the questions put to you, I guess a sensible conclusion must be attempted without your involvement: You think that ONLY the hate of liberals is based on ignorance, and you think that opposition equals hate because that's how it is for you. And this lop-sided misrepresentation is how you approach all discussions. There was no doubt -- I just wanted to press you to admit it. :D But such truth is clearly the enemy of many of your claims.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Life makes the best of us fools and hypocrites, at times.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:03 pm

:D
Some days, I feel a little to the left of the graph. :lol:
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:36 am Apparently there is a movement of folks leaving the Dems.
They briefly tell their stories, here.

And it’s called, #WalkAway :lol:

Dems who woke up.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIA ... yCampaign/
You can't be stupid enough not to realise that was too good to be true right?
Anyone with any sense would look at that shit you linked to and know it was going to end up with a shit load of Russian social media bots.
Which of course it does, yet again.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Flash, long time no see. How are you?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Hola DP. how have you been?

The infrequently glorious FPD is in largely good health, although some of the stupidity on this site that shitwits are trying to flog as philosophy is causing my anus to bleed. Which hurts a little.