Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Lacewing »

uwot wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:25 am Perhaps we shouldn't be so harsh on the poor lamb. It may simply be his puny anterior cingulate gyrus.
:lol:

Ah yes, the challenge of the puny anterior cingulate gyrus and swollen right amygdala.

Somebody ought to market a cream or pill for that!
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

This discussion is a waste of time. If you want to have productive conversations with people whos viewpoints differ from yours, which I seem to recall was the point, most of the poeople posting here are not the correct interlocutors. Walker is a fool who is not capable, and the people being dragged this way and that by him are too brittle.
Walker

Post by Walker »

All flash and no cowboy.

I think the video and Van Jones background is a fine highlight of leftist hypocrisy that defines and advises conservatism, so kudos to uwot for that.

That folks have no supporting facts for ancillary assertions is no skin off my nose.

It's just a curiosity when a thread founder undermines his own thread with distractions.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 pm As usual, you're not speaking the truth. Much of the resistance to Trump is based on logic, not hate. People have good reasons for opposing his ideas and policies. Opposition does not equal hate -- but you're probably too shallow to understand that.
No, it's not.

Resistance to Trump is based on hate.
Evidence abounds.
There are even stories of Americans declaring their Trump hatred when traveling abroad.

Trump is doing a fine job as president.
All indicators are up.
Honest folks are impressed.

Sadly, you assert without evidence.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 am
Greta wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:07 am
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 amThe scary thing is conservatives used to hide their crazy. I used to think they were hypocrites because they seemed to act like holier than thou bible thumpers but their dark ugly side would come out once in awhile.

Now, that Trump has made it trendy, they can show their ugly side all the time. There is no good side left.

Gone is the day when they at least tried to follow the bibles verses. That's gone....terrifying if you ask me. People who have no moral compass and no bible to tell them right from wrong...there is no going back from here...
Yes, the issue is when people are no longer responsive to reason. Once that happens, there is only conflict. You cannot reason with the seriously religious - not by their very principles. So the public conversation is descending into shouting matches because there is nothing else once reason is abandoned.

It is ironic that the more fervent the religious, the further they stray from the tenets of their religions. Jesus mostly spoke about helping the poor, the oppressed, the rejected and bullied.

However religious neocons have aligned with the Pharisees - focused on bleeding hearts, guns, snowflakes, permission of hate speech, feminists, queers, rag-heads, welfare bludgers and abortionists. Like the Pharisees, they are certain of their moral high ground while actually operating antithetically to their supposed creed.

Meanwhile, the religious ones who are actually doing good are comparatively moderate and relaxed about the religion itself, being more passionate about people's wellbeing than politicking.

Ironic.
#WalkAway :lol: etc
Thank you for a demonstration of unreasonable responding.

Rather than acknowledging the points made, let alone addressing them, you obfuscate and try to shift the agenda.

It's okay to be more aligned with the Pharisees' approach than Jesus's - people hold all kinds of views. Still, you should admit that you see the story of Jesus as one about a bleeding heart leftist liberal troublemaker.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 pm
Greta wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:07 am
Yes, the issue is when people are no longer responsive to reason. Once that happens, there is only conflict. You cannot reason with the seriously religious - not by their very principles. So the public conversation is descending into shouting matches because there is nothing else once reason is abandoned.

It is ironic that the more fervent the religious, the further they stray from the tenets of their religions. Jesus mostly spoke about helping the poor, the oppressed, the rejected and bullied.

However religious neocons have aligned with the Pharisees - focused on bleeding hearts, guns, snowflakes, permission of hate speech, feminists, queers, rag-heads, welfare bludgers and abortionists. Like the Pharisees, they are certain of their moral high ground while actually operating antithetically to their supposed creed.

Meanwhile, the religious ones who are actually doing good are comparatively moderate and relaxed about the religion itself, being more passionate about people's wellbeing than politicking.

Ironic.

Rather than acknowledging the points made, let alone addressing them, you obfuscate and try to shift the agenda.

It's okay to be more aligned with the Pharisees' approach than Jesus's - people hold all kinds of views. Still, you should admit that you see the story of Jesus as one about a bleeding heart leftist liberal troublemaker.
Your points were addressed to AS.
I didn’t want to trample her response.

I was merely offering you an opportunity to step away from theory and into reality for a moment, by reading straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, some reasons why folks are fleeing the Left in the US.

Many of those folks say they're walking away because of the Left’s hypocrisy.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:
Trump is doing a fine job as president.
All indicators are up.
Honest folks are impressed.
Honest folks are idiots then as new administrations inherit what the previous adminstration left them as economic indicators lag. Although you didn't say what indicators you were using.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 pm [usual dishonest nonsense not worth repeating]
Apparently you have a complete inability to see or acknowledge anything beyond the extremes that serve you. It's all defined in ONE WAY for you... whatever it is. Can't be anything else but one, stupid, fucking way. And you don't see or care how fucking stupid that is.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 am
Greta wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Your points were addressed to AS.
I didn’t want to trample her response.

I was merely offering you an opportunity to step away from theory and into reality for a moment, by reading straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, some reasons why folks are fleeing the Left in the US.

Many of those folks say they're walking away because of the Left’s hypocrisy.
All politics is hypocritical. The entire game is based on deception and hypocrisy is an essential political tool, one mastered to virtuoso standard by Trump.

There is currently a lash back against liberalism because liberals have essentially been blamed for the ills of progress while conservatives try to take claim - with their voiced amplified by dominant conservative media mouthpieces - for the positives. That is just another game, more deception via misrepresentation.

You can come here to play philosophy or to play politics. In the former one needs to try to stand back to take on the role of the judge while the latter play the one-sided roles of prosecutor and whip. We all have our sympathies but in philosophy one should at least make an attempt at being reasonable.

There is a constant push and pull between corporate and individual welfare in areas where they don't much intersect. Those who favour more controls of individuals are conservatives and those who favour more freedom for individuals are liberals. From that tussling comes the society we have at any given time as the pendulum swings one way and then another.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:18 pmAh yes, the challenge of the puny anterior cingulate gyrus and swollen right amygdala.

Somebody ought to market a cream or pill for that!
They're on the case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyioZODhKbE
uwot

Post by uwot »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:29 pmThis discussion is a waste of time. If you want to have productive conversations with people whos viewpoints differ from yours, which I seem to recall was the point, most of the poeople posting here are not the correct interlocutors.
Well, the point that some people are a waste of breath has already been made, but you can only work with the material that presents itself.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:29 pmWalker is a fool who is not capable, and the people being dragged this way and that by him are too brittle.
Walker is fairly typical; he just wants a bit of affirmation.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:41 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:18 pmAh yes, the challenge of the puny anterior cingulate gyrus and swollen right amygdala.
They're on the case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyioZODhKbE
Interesting! Describes exactly what we see in these discussions.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 amWalker is fairly typical; he just wants a bit of affirmation.
It would nice now and then if the lights were on and comprehension was at home.
Last edited by Walker on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 am There is a constant push and pull between corporate and individual welfare in areas where they don't much intersect. Those who favour more controls of individuals are conservatives and those who favour more freedom for individuals are liberals. From that tussling comes the society we have at any given time as the pendulum swings one way and then another.
"Those who favour more controls of individuals are conservatives ..."

No Greta. It's the opposite. Fewer regulations.

It's part of Trump's platform.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 am
Walker wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 pm [usual dishonest nonsense not worth repeating]
Apparently you have a complete inability to see or acknowledge anything beyond the extremes that serve you. It's all defined in ONE WAY for you... whatever it is. Can't be anything else but one, stupid, fucking way. And you don't see or care how fucking stupid that is.
I know that in discussion I convincingly present one side of a dualistic view.

You should try it sometime.

Your habit of telling people that they are presenting one side of a discussion doesn’t really say much, because you don't say much else.
I mean, I already know that.
So does everyone else you tell.

Your commentary that lacks sound reasoning or evidence pertinent to the topic doesn't say much, either.

You do state some unsupported opinions, though.
That's nice.
Participation trophy.

Shape up, firm up those postings!

Don't worry so much about what I, or others do.

:wink:

Here, I even did you the favour of research.

These insights are to be applied to oneself.
Don't worry so much about other people.

Intellectually-honest and intellectually-dishonest debate tactics
https://johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed ... te-tactics

Yes, I see the irony of telling you.

But my God, the whining is incessant.

:lol: