Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pm Apparently Van jones flirted with some sort of actual communism in the 90s.
But more recently he has worked for that dastardly Obama chap, which tends to be enough reason for Walker to hate on anyone forever and discount everything they ever say.

What he says in that video is fine enough as a set of words, although his comments on rap and conservatism suggest he has never heard any rap or met a conservative. The USA might well be a better place if church pleading conservatives tried to gain votes from all those highly religious black and latino districts. But would it make that much difference?

And really, you have to wonder whether pandering to MAGA-hatted rednecks like Walker is genuinely useful from the other side. I get it, they are feeling all "othered" which makes them prime voting stock for the Democrats. But so many of them cannot be made happy because they are stuck wishing for a return to some imagined happier times when black folks took their weekly beating from the cops without getting all uppity about it.
I know that although Walker and I don't exactly see eye to eye much of the time, I've never seen him write anything remotely racist or redneck. He likes Trump. Is that a crime?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:13 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pm Apparently Van jones flirted with some sort of actual communism in the 90s.
But more recently he has worked for that dastardly Obama chap, which tends to be enough reason for Walker to hate on anyone forever and discount everything they ever say.

What he says in that video is fine enough as a set of words, although his comments on rap and conservatism suggest he has never heard any rap or met a conservative. The USA might well be a better place if church pleading conservatives tried to gain votes from all those highly religious black and latino districts. But would it make that much difference?

And really, you have to wonder whether pandering to MAGA-hatted rednecks like Walker is genuinely useful from the other side. I get it, they are feeling all "othered" which makes them prime voting stock for the Democrats. But so many of them cannot be made happy because they are stuck wishing for a return to some imagined happier times when black folks took their weekly beating from the cops without getting all uppity about it.
I know that Walker and I don't exactly see eye to eye much of the time I've never seen him write anything remotely racist or redneck. He likes Trump. Is that a crime?
Liking Trump is no crime. It's just frustrating why he can't explain why he thinks liberals are hypocrites. I have no idea what about liberalism he thinks is horrible. Or what about communism for that matter...not that the 2 are even related...since, as quite a few have pointed out, liberalism means very different things in different areas of the globe?
vegetariantaxidermy

artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:31 am

I know that Walker and I don't exactly see eye to eye much of the time I've never seen him write anything remotely racist or redneck. He likes Trump. Is that a crime?
Liking Trump is no crime. It's just frustrating why he can't explain why he thinks liberals are hypocrites. I have no idea what about liberalism he thinks is horrible. Or what about communism for that matter...not that the 2 are even related...since, as quite a few have pointed out, liberalism means very different things in different areas of the globe?
I know what he means by 'liberals' and I agree that they are hypocrites. I don't regard them as liberal though, but I've given up on flogging that dead horse.
uwot

Post by uwot »

artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 amThe scary thing is conservatives used to hide their crazy.
What I liked about the link in the OP was the conciliatory tone. Walker's response is playground stuff:
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:34 amThe video begins with a reasonable mea culpa for liberals...
So he listens to anything that supports his worldview...
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:34 am...the rest of whatever he said was probably fog...
...but switches of the moment he has to think.
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 amI used to think they were hypocrites because they seemed to act like holier than thou bible thumpers but their dark ugly side would come out once in awhile.
I still think that Van Jones made some very good points, though as FlashDangerPants points out, some people are a waste of breath.
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 amNow, that Trump has made it trendy, they can show their ugly side all the time. There is no good side left.
The fusionists ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusionism ) have been very successful. Economic conservatives need the social and religious conservatives for the tedious business of democracy, but they can afford to buy them. Not only that, but religious conservatives have adopted the same tactics (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy) The plan is to make it simple for the hard of thinking and turn any debate into a comic strip with two dimensional characters like The Liberal and The Atheist. It's yer basic divide and conquer.
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 amGone is the day when they at least tried to follow the bibles verses. That's gone....terrifying if you ask me.
I'm more concerned about the nutters who do follow bible verses, particularly those impatient for Armageddon/Rapture.
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 amPeople who have no moral compass and no bible to tell them right from wrong...there is no going back from here...and i am sure even Walker has no idea what can come of this pandoras box. I doubt very seriously he's going to like where the MAGA trend is going.
I dunno. 200 years ago most of congress were slave owners. !00 years ago half of them were in the Ku Klux Klan. America has a record of bouncing back from complacency, although it usually takes a civil or world war to wake them up. Let's hope you can find a different way this time.
Walker

Post by Walker »

artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:53 am
Just curious what you think so bad?
That's a head scratcher, but I think I got the gist.

Research and learn, or research and see only what you want to see, or don’t research and disagree.

You seem to think in terms of opinion.

Security clearance question:

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of any foreign or domestic organization, association, movement, group, or combination of persons which is totalitarian, fascist, communist, or subversive; or which has adopted or shows a policy advocating or approving the commission of force or violence to deny other persons their rights under the Constitution of the United States, or which seems [sic] to alter the form of government of the United States by unconstitutional means?"

“… combination of persons …” describes Van Jones associations, some of whom may have been Dutch.

But hey, no one in power really cares about that sort of thing when the top doesn't care, when rule of law gets replaced by rule of man, which is what also happened with the border control and immigration.

Funny thing, but it's been demonstrated that some folks can read that security clearance question, or perhaps something else, and not even see the C word. If you want to hide and minimize, it helps to bury it amongst words, like hiding a hippo in a herd of hippos, as the truthful experiencers will attest.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 amI dunno. 200 years ago most of congress were slave owners. !00 years ago half of them were in the Ku Klux Klan. America has a record of bouncing back from complacency, although it usually takes a civil or world war to wake them up. Let's hope you can find a different way this time.
That half in the Klan were the Democrats, who still aren't woke, to use their misused word.
Walker

Post by Walker »

See, Lincoln was a Republican, and when the slaves were freed, the Dems immediately began their resistance to the country, with actions like the klan.

See, Trump is a Republican, and when he was elected, the Dems immediately began to ramp-up their resistance to the country.

See?
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 am I still think that Van Jones made some very good points, though as FlashDangerPants points out, some people are a waste of breath.
Obama, who selected Jones to be a Czar, made some good points, too.

For instance he said, if you like your plan you can keep your plan, and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period.

That was a good point, however those who saw through it, saw it was not a waste of breath.

Instead, it was a lie to fool the gullible, and it achieved the objective.
Those gullible were Democrats.
Not a single Republican voted for the lie.

Do you detect a pattern in history, or because it is not spelled out to your liking and festooned with citations from Dem approved sources, are you blind to the pattern?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

I know that although Walker and I don't exactly see eye to eye much of the time, I've never seen him write anything remotely racist or redneck. He likes Trump. Is that a crime?
Walker doesn't seem to be directly racist. But I am pretty sure he regards the whole black lives matter setup as some sort of communism, and doesn't appear to believe that they have much of a point about the fact that unarmed black people seem to get disproportionately shot, strangled, and beaten to death by the US cops. These are, as Van Jones said, Americans, sometimes being murdered with impunity.

And he has this whole thing about black people lacking gratitude to the Republicans for what Lincoln did in the century before last. Even though black people in the South voted overwhelmingly Republican for the century after that event, and only switched when the Republicans nominated Barry Goldwater (who fought against the Civil Rights Act that, you know, gave them actual voting rights) and started taking in the racist KKK Dixie Democrats who were being expelled from the Democratic party in the 60s and 70s.

So while I wouldn't consider him an actual racist, he is the sort of not-racist who just casually dismisses the concerns of other races without consideration for any merit they may have. I doubt most of the other MAGA-hatted rednecks are any more racist than that either. I can't imagine any beyond the crazed fringes want miscegenation laws or whites only drinking fountains back. But they do seem to be intolerant of all this complaining black folks do about the cops shooting them, and they do tend to view any loss of special white status as a sign of reverse racism.

Walker did after all give you this quote without much consideration:
“Reporters also uncovered a number of racist statements Mr. Jones has made, including this one from January of last year (2008): "’the white polluters and white environmentalists are essentially steering poison into the people-of-color communities."’
Is that actually a racist statement? Surely not if it is true. It's hardly as if that sort of thing has never happened.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-nel ... 90555.html
And what colour were those men that the US government deliberately infected with syphilis?

This sort of overeagerness to accuse black people of racism when they complain about racist shit they have been subjected to is... overenthusiasm perhaps. Naivety maybe? Or perhaps it is just cover for something. It's nothing good either way.
FlashDangerpants

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:35 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 am I still think that Van Jones made some very good points, though as FlashDangerPants points out, some people are a waste of breath.
Obama, who selected Jones to be a Czar, made some good points, too.

For instance he said, if you like your plan you can keep your plan, and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period.

That was a good point, however those who saw through it, saw it was not a waste of breath.

Instead, it was a lie to fool the gullible, and it achieved the objective.
Those gullible were Democrats.
Not a single Republican voted for the lie.

Do you detect a pattern in history, or because it is not spelled out to your liking and festooned with citations from Dem approved sources, are you blind to the pattern?
Yeah. A lot like that lie a more recent presidential candidate told a bunch deluded coal miner sons about getting them their daddies' jobs to do.
vegetariantaxidermy

'Reverse racism' is patronising and racist in itself. It's implying that only 'white' people can be racist, since they are 'inherently superior'. ''Progressives'' use the word as a weapon they have little control over, flinging it around mindlessly like a toddler with a lightsabre.
Racism is racism. It's not even possible to be a 'reverse racist'.
FlashDangerpants

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 pm 'Reverse racism' is patronising and racist in itself. It's implying that only 'white' people can be racist, since they are inherently superior. ''Progressives'' use the word as a weapon they have little control over, flinging it around mindlessly like a toddler with a lightsabre.
Why would that be so? In India non-Indians compain of racism quite a lot. When they return the favour, that is reverse racism, there needn't be a single white person involved in the entire transaction.

As a rule, reverse racism is just racism against the normal flow (which is typically from majority to minority).

Everybody can be racist, probably everybody is, and that's almost certainly the most Libtard sentence I have ever written. The only difference with whiteys like me is that we get to be racist absolutely everywhere we go, whereas Indians only really get to be the racists in India.

The special advantage I get from being English is that I get to be racist against Americans of all colours, and the fucking French as well.
vegetariantaxidermy

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 pm 'Reverse racism' is patronising and racist in itself. It's implying that only 'white' people can be racist, since they are inherently superior. ''Progressives'' use the word as a weapon they have little control over, flinging it around mindlessly like a toddler with a lightsabre.
Why would that be so? In India non-Indians compain of racism quite a lot. When they return the favour, that is reverse racism, there needn't be a single white person involved in the entire transaction.

As a rule, reverse racism is just racism against the normal flow (which is typically from majority to minority).

Everybody can be racist, probably everybody is, and that's almost certainly the most Libtard sentence I have ever written. The only difference with whiteys like me is that we get to be racist absolutely everywhere we go, whereas Indians only really get to be the racists in India.

The special advantage I get from being English is that I get to be racist against Americans of all colours, and the fucking French as well.
Who decided that?? So the white South Africans were 'reverse racists'?
FlashDangerpants

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Who decided that?? So the white South Africans were 'reverse racists'?
That one would be atypical in that the majority were dominated by a minority.
vegetariantaxidermy

Right...