Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker »

You're full of theories.
Use your own source.
Your own link.
Obtuseness has blinded you.

:roll:
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pm You're full of theories.
Use your own source.
Your own link.

Walker, can you give me one concrete example of communism, using your own words?
Walker

Post by Walker »

artisticsolution wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 pm
Use your own source.
Your own link.

Walker, can you give me one concrete example of communism, using your own words?
How about if you define it, any way you like including examples, then tell me why would a Leftist communist want to help conservatives with advice?

That's what is supposedly going on in the OP.
artisticsolution

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:52 pm
Use your own source.
Your own link.

How about if you define it, any way you like including examples, then tell me why would a Leftist communist want to help conservatives with advice?

You first...
Walker

Post by Walker »

artisticsolution wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:52 pm

You first...
I have no need to.
It's your interest.

If you want your interest to be relevant to the thread, find out what Van Jones has to say about communism.

You and uwot, if you don’t have something to pick at you don’t have much to say.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pmYou're full of theories.
Well yes, but as I said, they are my theories and if anyone can give me a compelling reason to change them, I will do so.
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pmUse your own source.
Your own link.
Which I have. My theory of Van Jones is based entirely on one youtube clip and a wikipedia entry, hardly exhaustive research, but neither of which suggest that he is a communist. You on the other hand have decided that he is a communist because:
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:34 amVan Jones has been described as a communist.
But you don't know who by, or what they mean by communist.
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pmObtuseness has blinded you.
Well, if you are too stupid to maintain an argument and would prefer to exchange insults, we can do that too.
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pm :roll:
Your choice.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Apparently Van jones flirted with some sort of actual communism in the 90s.
But more recently he has worked for that dastardly Obama chap, which tends to be enough reason for Walker to hate on anyone forever and discount everything they ever say.

What he says in that video is fine enough as a set of words, although his comments on rap and conservatism suggest he has never heard any rap or met a conservative. The USA might well be a better place if church pleading conservatives tried to gain votes from all those highly religious black and latino districts. But would it make that much difference?

And really, you have to wonder whether pandering to MAGA-hatted rednecks like Walker is genuinely useful from the other side. I get it, they are feeling all "othered" which makes them prime voting stock for the Democrats. But so many of them cannot be made happy because they are stuck wishing for a return to some imagined happier times when black folks took their weekly beating from the cops without getting all uppity about it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot:

You yourself don't read the links that you provide.
How stupid is that?
A: Very.

Apparently Flashy Pants can't read it either, or the footnotes in your link, or else he doesn't know what flirt means.

Here's another link to misread, that removes the tedium of all that selective research that wasn't done.

How Could Obama Have Hired Van Jones?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 98293.html

Anyway, point proven.

Van Jones is no authority on conservatism to be defining and lecturing on the topic, just because he stole the name, liberal.

Don't be so naive.

uwot

Post by uwot »

Wanker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:08 pm uwot:

You yourself don't read the links that you provide.
How stupid is that?
A: Very.
Ah well, exchange insults it is then.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Well, if a conservative commentator, cited by a blog owned by the Tampa Bay Times says so, I have no reason to doubt it.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pmBut more recently he has worked for that dastardly Obama chap, which tends to be enough reason for Walker to hate on anyone forever and discount everything they ever say.
What evidence do you have that reason is involved?
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pmAnd really, you have to wonder whether pandering to MAGA-hatted rednecks like Walker is genuinely useful from the other side. I get it, they are feeling all "othered" which makes them prime voting stock for the Democrats. But so many of them cannot be made happy because they are stuck wishing for a return to some imagined happier times when black folks took their weekly beating from the cops without getting all uppity about it.
Well, Wanker is clearly a fucking idiot, but I don't know that he's a racist. Whaddya say, Wanker?
Walker

Post by Walker »

“Reporters also uncovered a number of racist statements Mr. Jones has made, including this one from January of last year (2008): "’the white polluters and white environmentalists are essentially steering poison into the people-of-color communities."’
- Ibid

FlashDangerpants will tell you that Van Jones is just a little flirt, with racism.

Oh, and your liberal hypocrisy is beginning to be revealed, one wonders if you actually do want to listen to the Van Jones video as I did (and I also read your link which you didn't comprehend), open minded that I am.

Quite a nasty tone that you're using there, uwot, that seems to be insisting no, we all can't just get along.
(Maybe it's just a limitation of some sort, with the medium)

And hell, that's not even getting into the lesson of renewables delusion that Flash learned.

:D
Last edited by Walker on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
artisticsolution

uwot wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:39 pm
Well, if a conservative commentator, cited by a blog owned by the Tampa Bay Times says so, I have no reason to doubt it.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pmBut more recently he has worked for that dastardly Obama chap, which tends to be enough reason for Walker to hate on anyone forever and discount everything they ever say.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pmAnd really, you have to wonder whether pandering to MAGA-hatted rednecks like Walker is genuinely useful from the other side. I get it, they are feeling all "othered" which makes them prime voting stock for the Democrats. But so many of them cannot be made happy because they are stuck wishing for a return to some imagined happier times when black folks took their weekly beating from the cops without getting all uppity about it.
Well, Wanker is clearly a fucking idiot, but I don't know that he's a racist. Whaddya say, Wanker?
The scary thing is conservatives used to hide their crazy. I used to think they were hypocrites because they seemed to act like holier than thou bible thumpers but their dark ugly side would come out once in awhile.

Now, that Trump has made it trendy, they can show their ugly side all the time. There is no good side left.

Gone is the day when they at least tried to follow the bibles verses. That's gone....terrifying if you ask me. People who have no moral compass and no bible to tell them right from wrong...there is no going back from here...and i am sure even Walker has no idea what can come of this pandoras box. I doubt very seriously he's going to like where the MAGA trend is going.
Walker

Post by Walker »

artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 am
uwot wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:39 pm
The scary thing is conservatives used to hide their crazy. I used to think they were hypocrites because they seemed to act like holier than thou bible thumpers but their dark ugly side would come out once in awhile.

Now, that Trump has made it trendy, they can show their ugly side all the time. There is no good side left.

Gone is the day when they at least tried to follow the bibles verses. That's gone....terrifying if you ask me. People who have no moral compass and no bible to tell them right from wrong...there is no going back from here...and i am sure even Walker has no idea what can come of this pandoras box. I doubt very seriously he's going to like where the MAGA trend is going.
Doin what you do best.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Wanker wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 amQuite a nasty tone that you're using there, uwot, that seems to be insisting no, we all can't just get along.
Well, I tried, but you really are a tosser.
Wanker wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 am(Maybe it's just a limitation of some sort, with the medium)
No, the medium works fine.
artisticsolution

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 am
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 am
uwot wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:39 pm Well, if a conservative commentator, cited by a blog owned by the Tampa Bay Times says so, I have no reason to doubt it.

Doin what you do best.
Just curious what you think so bad?