Applied morality

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

Applied morality

Post by QuantumT »

Politics is just applied morality.

Politics is about stopping "wrong" and letting "right" flourish.

Democracy is the best version we have of politics.

But Hitler was elected democraticly, and the general german population supported him to the end!

So can the people be trusted to make the right choice? Or do we need something else? Something new?
Impenitent

Re: Applied morality

Post by Impenitent »

too many idiots get to vote...

-Imp
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

I actually have a better idea than democracy, but the world is not ready for it yet. It needs more unity and better technology.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Here's what I'd like to see: No single figure-head/President. Five "parties" represented equally in everything (sort of like a mini-UN for the U.S.). Term limits for each representative of each party. And no-one over 60 making policy for the generations that follow.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

QuantumT wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 pm I actually have a better idea than democracy, but the world is not ready for it yet. It needs more unity and better technology.
I'd like to hear your idea!
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:59 pm I'd like to hear your idea!
A world council with anonymous members. All citizen older than 64 can apply and must pass an advanced ethic test. There is no limit to the amount of members, only to ethic performance.
Also there will be a youth council. They must also pass an ethic test. They will only have a veto if they come to 90% agreeance.
If the elders and the young disagree, they young will prevail (at 90%).
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

QuantumT wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:59 pm I'd like to hear your idea!
A world council with anonymous members. All citizen older than 64 can apply and must pass an advanced ethic test. There is no limit to the amount of members, only to ethic performance.
Also there will be a youth council. They must also pass an ethic test. They will only have a veto if they come to 90% agreeance.
If the elders and the young disagree, they young will prevail (at 90%).
Okay, my mind is playing with how that would work. It's interesting. Why age "64"? Does the age bracket between youth and 64 have any say... and wouldn't they be the most clear-minded group? :D
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 am Okay, my mind is playing with how that would work. It's interesting. Why age "64"? Does the age bracket between youth and 64 have any say... and wouldn't they be the most clear-minded group? :D
It's the advantage of experience. At 65 all people know a whole shit of good and bad.
henry quirk

Night Watchman Minarchy

Post by henry quirk »

Mind your own goddamned business, keep your friggin' hands to yourself, or else.

All you need is a minimal police force, a procedural court of last resort, and a border-defending military.

That's it, that's all.

Well, you also need a population of independent, self-reliant folks, anarchic types (which currently don't exist in any great numbers, anywhere...no, dependent folks make up the bulk of any population you care to name).
Philosophy Explorer

Re: Night Watchman Minarchy

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:47 am Mind your own goddamned business, keep your friggin' hands to yourself, or else.

All you need is a minimal police force, a procedural court of last resort, and a border-defending military.

That's it, that's all.

Well, you also need a population of independent, self-reliant folks, anarchic types (which currently don't exist in any great numbers, anywhere...no, dependent folks make up the bulk of any population you care to name).
Nuff said.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲