Group freedom

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Group freedom

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Usually freedom is thought of in terms of the individual (e.g. MY right to practice religion). Does group freedom also make sense?

🇺🇸PhilX🇺🇸
wtf

Re: Group freedom

Post by wtf »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:12 pm Usually freedom is thought of in terms of the individual (e.g. MY right to practice religion). Does group freedom also make sense?
Absolutely. free groups are very important.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:12 pm Usually freedom is thought of in terms of the individual (e.g. MY right to practice religion). Does group freedom also make sense?

🇺🇸PhilX🇺🇸
You are imposing a negative fractal on nature. Inwardly imploding fractal, with your question.

Do you have the freedom to do that?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Ya, angry mobs have the right to be angry mobs! Sometimes they even succeed, like in Europe in the 90's... something.... I remember that drunk russian Yeltsin ceasing power and some Yogoslavian thing! All power to the drunk mob! Ya!!!
-1-

Post by -1- »

QuantumT wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:46 am Ya, angry mobs have the right to be angry mobs! Sometimes they even succeed, like in Europe in the 90's... something.... I remember that drunk russian Yeltsin ceasing power and some Yogoslavian thing! All power to the drunk mob! Ya!!!
Oliver Cromwell, George Washington.

I consider your putting down the "angry mob" in Slavic countries as if you had no insight into what makes people angry, and you are judging who has the right to be angry and who does not.

Of course you did not put "Solidarnosc" and "The Quite Revolution" down. Or the uprising of '56. Because those are "cool" angry mobs. The West even supported them. Of course they are different from Yeltsin and Yugoslavia. Even a fool can see that.

A fool that relies on Newsweek, USA today, and the 6 o'clock News for his opinion. It's ready made, served to him on a platter complementing his TV dinner.

It's because you and your kind soooo believe the Western media, which is biased according to editorial policy, which is mainly dictated by Washington. (Not the dead president. The other Washington.)
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

-1- wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 am I consider your putting down the "angry mob" in Slavic countries as if you had no insight into what makes people angry, and you are judging who has the right to be angry and who does not.

Of course you did not put "Solidarnosc" and "The Quite Revolution" down. Or the uprising of '56. Because those are "cool" angry mobs. The West even supported them. Of course they are different from Yeltsin and Yugoslavia. Even a fool can see that.
I was actually just making a bad joke :mrgreen:
-1-

Post by -1- »

QuantumT wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:34 pm
-1- wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 am I consider your putting down the "angry mob" in Slavic countries as if you had no insight into what makes people angry, and you are judging who has the right to be angry and who does not.

I was actually just making a bad joke :mrgreen:
Sorry, then.

I know how you feel. (Misunderstood jokester.)