Is there an opioid crisis in the US?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Re:

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:51 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:45 pm "Is there an opioid crisis in the US?"

No, just a lotta weak, stupid people.

Stop saving them.
All these weak, stupid people who let the majority die of drug overdose, should get off their butts and change the system, methinks. The stupid, weak, little people must start saving the suffering majority.

"Reality is for people who are too weak and too stupid to handle drugs."

from your other posts - i suspect this is sarcasm.

yes?
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 7:39 pm The 'majority', if it's addicted to 'this', 'that', or the 'other', should get what it deserves (which is not my time, energy, or money).

But (and here's the thing): it ain't the 'majority', but a sad, stupid, weak minority.

Fuck 'em.
lovely. i bet your neighbors love you.
gaffo

Re: Is there an opioid crisis in the US?

Post by gaffo »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm
-1- wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:25 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:37 am yes there is.

BTW whats your "deal" making threads and then leaving?

your thread creations show you have a mind, but you not repling later shows less of a mind and more that of a troll.

whats the deal Phil?

we'd like to talk WITH you.....................assuming you are NOT a troll that is.
I've often thought about Phil's questions, too. They don't incite deep thought, and most of them can't even be considered philosophical questions.

I think (Ie. I am not saying this as if it were a fact, I am only voicing my opinion) that Phil subscribes to or is a frequent visitor at, a site (many can be found on the Internet) that lists "Interesting questions to discuss".

There is nothing wrong with that, and I am not dinging Phil for it, but I wish he would find more questions that incite thought, not only opinions or not even that.
I get much information from Flipboard which is what you're alluding to. They don't have a section for interesting questions to discuss, just plenty of articles and stories.

Doc occasionally makes a valuable suggestion which is pertinent here. If you don't like the program, change the channel (or create your own program). Often I'm concerned about posting topics that are too deep for the members so I dumb them down when I can. I'm curious why you follow me so closely if you don't find my posts deep enough?

PhilX 🇺🇸
You're HERE! welcome Phil! thanks for showing up. welcome discussion Sir/Madam (you are a Sir?).
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The only thing I condemn folks to is the consquences of their choices.

And, my attitude is only 'bad' if you consider a lack of sentimentality 'bad'.

Now: how did you break your depression?

#

"i bet your neighbors love you."

Absolutely.

Why?

Cuz I respect their property and privacy.
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 pm The only thing I condemn folks to is the consquences of their choices.
from the your earlier post that i replied to i saw more - much more - sadly.

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 pm And, my attitude is only 'bad' if you consider a lack of sentimentality 'bad'.
indeed.

wise words.

I see nothing wrong with sentimentality - which i suspect has much in common with humilty (the latter is a virtue BTW).

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 pm Now: how did you break your depression?
I never "broke it" - for depression is not an "Weakness" (its a FUCKING BLACK HOLE - that only others of like mind that have lived through it (i.e. like (I assume drug addicts do/did the same - (not the latter drug addict - but via my depression learned of the concept of "walking in the shoes prior of being a judgmental asshole" - learned humility via my depression.

and no i did not "will myself" (freewill is horsehit BTW!!!!!!!!!!!)...................the cure is a SSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

time - took me 5 yrs to "snap out if it" (what fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!! the whole "just snap out of it" (heard from hubristic fools that never experience the fucking hellhole of depression. know nothings.

depression is a MENTAL FORCE (I and make not assumption via my personal fucking hell per my depression 15 yrs ago that "druggies" can "just snap out if it either)...............

I never "snapped out of it" - it's weight just lifted over time, enough for me to become functional again.

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 pm #

"i bet your neighbors love you."

Absolutely.

Why?

Cuz I respect their property and privacy.
oh ok whatever.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"I never "snapped out of it" - it's weight just lifted over time, enough for me to become functional again."

Was there nothing of 'you' in the lifting? That is: did it lift because of things you did to combat it, or did it just lift and you were/are just the 'happy' recipient of the lifting?

#

"freewill is horsehit"

No, it's not.
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 am "I never "snapped out of it" - it's weight just lifted over time, enough for me to become functional again."

Was there nothing of 'you' in the lifting?
not to my knowledge.

there might have been a "quality of spirit" within my subconscience (I'm old and wise enough to know that my conscience mind is far less than that of my subconscience mind (if that applies to my "Will" - no idea..............nor do i wish to be prideful and say "yes that why i "snapped out if")

I have a strong "Will" - always have had - so knowing this only make me more humble in the face of the Black hole of Depression - and even less likely to be a judgmental dick and claim all opiod addicts as weak will pleabs.

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 am That is: did it lift because of things you did to combat it, or did it just lift and you were/are just the 'happy' recipient of the lifting?

#

as i stated prior time lifted it - via my conscience will (I cannot speak for my subconscience "Will" -nor do i assume there was one BTW), i lacked the power to "snap out of"

all i can say is my experience made me a better man --more Humble and yes more Sentemental.

take my travials as you will per your nature and values (from your posts here in this thread i think you have much to learn = i.e. Humility and yes also sentimentality.

- now off my soapbox - carry on being self reichtious.

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 am "freewill is horsehit"

No, it's not.
yes it is.

......not into "I know i am but what are your" childish games.

we mush agree to dissagree.

maybe after a personal travail in your life you will come to remember my pespective on this thread and rem "damn gaffo was right"....................20 yrs hence.

or not.

just sayin.

peace.
-1-

Re: Is there an opioid crisis in the US?

Post by -1- »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm I'm curious why you follow me so closely if you don't find my posts deep enough?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Because your posts incite opinion answers. Everyone loves to give their opinion, and that includes me.

Nobody ever refuses to answer a reputable opinion poll, and people are deadly honest even in non-prestigious opinion polls.

It is fun to give opinion.

Especially when asked for.

Yay, opinion: opiate for the masses.

The Internet, with its being interactive, has encountered an opinionid crisis.
henry quirk

"we mush agree to dissagree."

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah.

One thing (just an observation, take it or leave it as you like): you assert your 'humility' a lot...not particularly 'humble' of you.
-1-

Re: "we mush agree to dissagree."

Post by -1- »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm Yeah.

One thing (just an observation, take it or leave it as you like): you assert your 'humility' a lot...not particularly 'humble' of you.
True, but not very original.

"The louder he boasted of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"The lady doth protest too much." - Thackeray, Vanity Fair. Or somebody else in some other book.

Beware of the man who says "I humbly request that" because what REALLY runs through his mind without uttering or saying it out loud, is the continuation "that you lick my asshole."

NOT YOU, HENRY, I did not mean this personally or as an affront; it was a general truth, independent of you or of your thoughts about me right now.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I was talkin' to Gaffo, not you, -1-.
-1-

Re:

Post by -1- »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 pm I was talkin' to Gaffo, not you, -1-.
Make your references clear, then, please. I am tired of guessing who is saying what to whom.

Quote him, or use their alias, or something, in your reply. It takes such little effort to do the right thing and yet dozens of people on this forum make the same mistake over and over again, as what you just did.

I hate unreferenced or ambiguously referenced material.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah, I think I'll just keep doin' things the way I like, thank you very much.
gaffo

Re: "we mush agree to dissagree."

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 pm Yeah.

I've made the same observation of myself.

just note in spite of my "humility" i don't imply jugementalism nor snipe or dissparage others in any of my posts. I do call out others i think are being asrholes because i view them as such (and call myself out too at time for the same said reasons).

as said earlier i've seen your posts and IMO they show a lack of character - quick to point a finger and codemn others for their weaknesses.

you need to spend your time pointing that finger toward yourself until you become humble, then you can come back here and point your humble finger toward others if need be.

2-cents.
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 pm I was talkin' to Gaffo, not you, -1-.
yes i know - refer to my prior post