Is it politically correct to say ______?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: Is it politically correct to say ______?

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:45 pm Is it politically correct to say ______?

... that flags are a piece of cloth, nothing more

... that human activity has caused the climate to change

... that leaders should submit their finances to audit before taking office

... that most religiosity is primitive and superstitious

... that pledging with hand on a on a Bible is simply silly - and superstitious

All of these statements are as politically incorrect as the usual left wing protected species.

It's one thing to criticise, another to do so hypocritically.
And there's not a statement you made that I don't agree with lol!
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 am

All of these statements are as politically incorrect as the usual left wing protected species.

Thus, you will not tend to be invited to conservative soirees :)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:14 am

My life is ruined... (I notice they've added a lot of posting info in the html. Interesting.)
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 am
Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 am And there's not a statement you made that I don't agree with lol!
My life is ruined... (I notice they've added a lot of posting info in the html. Interesting.)
Humans are always badgering each other, trying to hone other people into their own image. I guess that's part of being a colonial species.

The posting code is the same on the other forum. I think it's a standard option in PHP forums.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Now we have a funny thing going on, where those who support a baker's refusal to serve gays are outraged at how Sanders was asked to leave an eatery, but meanwhile those outraged at the baker's stance often support that of the restaurant.

PC has never been a one way street, despite right wing warrior Rupert Murdoch's attempts to influence opinions otherwise.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 am Now we have a funny thing going on, where those who support a baker's refusal to serve gays are outraged at how Sanders was asked to leave an eatery, but meanwhile those outraged at the baker's stance often support that of the restaurant.

PC has never been a one way street, despite right wing warrior Rupert Murdoch's attempts to influence opinions otherwise.
I would be hard pressed to not serve anyone, unless they were rude and frustrating in doing business. Now, I'm not defending the restaurant, but both the baker and Sanders were personally against a whole group of people( gays etc.). So Sanders was being banned for her own discrimination, while the baker was doing the discriminating, and not being discriminated against. So the two are actually different in that sense.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dalek Prime wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 am Someone is always going to be offended by another's opinion. Just speak your mind within reason, if you truly believe in what you are saying, and let others deal with the imagined collateral.

For my part, I find it easier to listen and nod these days. If someone says the sky is red, it doesn't effect me if they want to believe that, or even insist on it. At the end of their sentence, my life hasn't been changed.
thanks Dalek, i like your post
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:46 pm I think what people mean about being PC is ' I can say what I want but you can never say what you want'.
nope. its more than that.

its a "Culture View" born in US universties in the late 1980's.

it has rules:

1. Only whites can be racist
2. Only males can be sexist
3. All views have value (except if from a male - or gasp whitle male!!!!!!!! - OMG!!!!!!)
4. Patriarchy rules all things
5. there is no universal morality, all morality is relative, and of those moralities - the one from the minoritymost (say a short, ugly.old black lesbian/cripple (OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry Handicapped.........or is that now verbotten? - "challenged" maybe? moral view is the one to affirm.
6. any views from sexist white males - must be ignored, and the source - the white men - must be hated.
7. all white men are pigs.

etc...............
you get the picture.

I'm a pig BTW, so my hatred of PC is biased (that of course is not true - but is the charge by the "haters" of men, whites and esp white men).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

me neither!!!!!!!!!! - lol, what does that make us?

PC!!!!!???????? not on your Butt!!!!!!!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

well - fine by me - conservative today have nothing in common with me.

you equate Liberals like me with Progressives.

thay aint the same thing!

I have as much in common with Conservatives as i do Progressives. - almost nothing.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 am Now we have a funny thing going on, where those who support a baker's refusal to serve gays are outraged at how Sanders was asked to leave an eatery, but meanwhile those outraged at the baker's stance often support that of the restaurant.
I noticed that hypocrisy too!!!!!!!!

good obvservation.

IMO per liberty (and not violating the Rule of Law - 1964 civil rights act here) - both the Cake Bigot and the Restuarant owner had the right to refuse service.

of course being a liberal i'm more simpathetic to the latter.

Greta wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 am PC has never been a one way street, despite right wing warrior Rupert Murdoch's attempts to influence opinions otherwise.
???? in don't get you here - esp the last part.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 am

re-read your post - you are wrong.

Hypocrisy has never been a one way street.

PC has always been so.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dalek Prime wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:16 pm

I would be hard pressed to not serve anyone, unless they were rude and frustrating in doing business. Now, I'm not defending the restaurant, but both the baker and Sanders were personally against a whole group of people( gays etc.). So Sanders was being banned for her own discrimination, while the baker was doing the discriminating, and not being discriminated against. So the two are actually different in that sense.
nope. they are the same.

both folks had moral objections to the persons in thier store,and as owners of said store, threw them out (which is legal as long as it does not violate The Civil Right's Act).
Greta

Post by Greta »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:06 pmI'm a pig BTW, so my hatred of PC is biased (that of course is not true - but is the charge by the "haters" of men, whites and esp white men).
You are not a pig, but a tool. No, not that kind of tool (well, you kind of are hehehe but that's not the point here).

You are a tool of those who would distract you from their trickery by sowing divisions amongst the minions - divide and rule. "PC" is just one of those games and, for whatever reason (probably a few nasty people pissed you off sometime) this is a game that you have especially thrown yourself into body and soul. You are essentially a remote controlled lemming jumping off the cliff with great passion.

There is no shame in this. We are all duped at times. The ape is inherently a trickster, that largely survives by outmanoeuvering the unsuspecting. Its methods have refined for many thousands of years and they are now masters of deception. Caveat emptor, as always.

Fun little personal ad you posted earlier BTW. It could have been titled "Libertarian seeking lurve in all the wrong places" :P
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:19 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:06 pmI'm a pig BTW, so my hatred of PC is biased (that of course is not true - but is the charge by the "haters" of men, whites and esp white men).
You are not a pig, but a tool. No, not that kind of tool (well, you kind of are hehehe but that's not the point here).

You are a tool of those who would distract you from their trickery by sowing divisions amongst the minions - divide and rule. "PC" is just one of those games and, for whatever reason (probably a few nasty people pissed you off sometime) this is a game that you have especially thrown yourself into body and soul. You are essentially a remote controlled lemming jumping off the cliff with great passion.

There is no shame in this. We are all duped at times. The ape is inherently a trickster, surviving by outsmarting the unsuspecting. Its methods have refined for many thousands of years and they are now masters of deception. Caveat emptor, as always.
yep. on "point" lol...............i get your verbage above. lol.

and yes when i was younger and dumber (i.e a codep - fixated upon "finding that gal" to complete me)- the above applied to me.

i'm old-er and wiser now and "gave up" on "finding" and insead the last 15 yrs or so am fine with being a male person that is alone.

as many other males have too it seems - stumbling upon "MGTOW" via youtube a years or so ago (some of them seem "bitter cucks"/"young bucks"........the rest seem more like me however.
Greta wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:19 am Fun little personal ad you posted earlier BTW. It could have been titled "Libertarian seeking lurve in all the wrong places" :P
I understand.

carry on

;-).