The Irrationalism of David Hogg Media Sensation

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: The Irrationalism of David Hogg Media Sensation

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 pm Plain and simple, I believe in both execution and torture or an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This would save on taxes and help keep other people from harm.
Seems to barely relate to the thread, but that part is just not true. The process of executing someone in america is far more expensive.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 pm Plain and simple, I believe in both execution and torture or an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This would save on taxes and help keep other people from harm.
Seems to barely relate to the thread, but that part is just not true. The process of executing someone in america is far more expensive.
I would say jailing costs, feeding, healthcare, big screen tvs, electric costs, quicker executions, guards, etc. are far more expensive.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm
I would say jailing costs, feeding, healthcare, big screen tvs, electric costs, quicker executions, guards, etc. are far more expensive.
I don't understand what that means.
Philosophy Explorer

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm Seems to barely relate to the thread, but that part is just not true. The process of executing someone in america is far more expensive.
I don't understand what that means.
What do you find confusing?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

I don't understand how it relates to my response. I told you that executions in America don't actually save money on taxes, and you reply by telling me that big screen TVs are more expensive. I don't get it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 pm Plain and simple, I believe in both execution and torture or an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This would save on taxes and help keep other people from harm. Can't call me a murderer because it's the guilty party who pulled the switch on himself through his behavior (where lower forms of life are harmed, I favor the same punishment when it comes to mammals). When it comes to state of mind, I don't see where the intelligence of the guilty party is a factor.

PhilX 🇺🇸
We must all hope then that you will be found guilty of murder one day, so you can enjoy the torture and execution 'eye for an eye' that you wish on others.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:24 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 pm Plain and simple, I believe in both execution and torture or an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This would save on taxes and help keep other people from harm. Can't call me a murderer because it's the guilty party who pulled the switch on himself through his behavior (where lower forms of life are harmed, I favor the same punishment when it comes to mammals). When it comes to state of mind, I don't see where the intelligence of the guilty party is a factor.

PhilX 🇺🇸
We must all hope then that you will be found guilty of murder one day, so you can enjoy the torture and execution 'eye for an eye' that you wish on others.
You must be an American.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 am I don't understand how it relates to my response. I told you that executions in America don't actually save money on taxes, and you reply by telling me that big screen TVs are more expensive. I don't get it.
When you house the guilty as prisoners, you've got to keep them entertained in certain prisons. Hence big-screen tvs and increased taxes to pay for those tvs.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am

PhilX 🇺🇸
You must be an American.

PhilX 🇺🇸
I doubt it. An American would say that they deserve what they get, because it hasn't occurred to their tiny pea-brains that the innocent are often found guilty.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:15 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 am

You must be an American.

PhilX 🇺🇸
I doubt it. An American would say that they deserve what they get, because it hasn't occurred to their tiny pea-brains that the innocent are often found guilty.
Not what you said before. You're speaking as an American now. You're also now saying you have a pea brain. You keep putting yourself into tight spots. Also the innocent AREN'T often found guilty. Is that what they're saying on social media?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 am
Greta wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:27 am
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:06 amHis sincerity doesn't confer understanding or authority on a social issue.
When I was young, going around in circles was fun. Not so much now ... from a few posts ago:
How many complaints about qualifications of people do you hear when they lobby to raise awareness of diseases and or policy failures after the trauma of losing loved ones? Numerous people respond to personal tragedy with awareness raising efforts.
Well, it’s true.

The kid [...] has a bullying attitude, a filthy mouth, and he’s disrespectful.
I have never known you to consider these qualities to be a negative in your favourite politician, Trump.

Maybe this means the boy is destined to be President? That would be WONDERFUL! :lol:
Atla

Post by Atla »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:41 pm Americans don't seem to be running their own country, they don't seem to be the ones in control, but aside from that they are generally OK people and not dumber than the rest of the planet. But still, hating on them / envying them is always fun.

I wonder though, if someone plays this game for too long, does something click in her head eventually, and does she turn into a genuine hater one day? :)
Who says it's not genuine? It's always so much more fun to say 'oooh, you're a 'hater' (whatever that means)/bigot/homophobe/islamophobe/racist/xenophobe.... did I miss any?, than to actually address any of the points made(which all happen to be true btw).
So, I'm a 'hater' for despising the US (the country that has fucked up the entire planet with its greed and bullying), yet SF posts hateful, nasty bullshit in practically every comment about some mythical 'left' that he doesn't seem to be capable of defining.
So sorry if my particular hate doesn't sit comfortably with the ''Progressive'' agenda.
Kindly go fuck your disingenuous and hypocritical self.
Nah, actually, both you and SF are pretty clueless and politically correct, about what's going on on this planet and especially with the US. But then again those things don't belong on a forum such as this.
You are overreacting, I think your hate speeches are hilarious. :) That you genuinely believe what you say makes it even better. Keep up the good work :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Atla wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:16 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:41 pm Americans don't seem to be running their own country, they don't seem to be the ones in control, but aside from that they are generally OK people and not dumber than the rest of the planet. But still, hating on them / envying them is always fun.

I wonder though, if someone plays this game for too long, does something click in her head eventually, and does she turn into a genuine hater one day? :)
Who says it's not genuine? It's always so much more fun to say 'oooh, you're a 'hater' (whatever that means)/bigot/homophobe/islamophobe/racist/xenophobe.... did I miss any?, than to actually address any of the points made(which all happen to be true btw).
So, I'm a 'hater' for despising the US (the country that has fucked up the entire planet with its greed and bullying), yet SF posts hateful, nasty bullshit in practically every comment about some mythical 'left' that he doesn't seem to be capable of defining.
So sorry if my particular hate doesn't sit comfortably with the ''Progressive'' agenda.
Kindly go fuck your disingenuous and hypocritical self.
Nah, actually, both you and SF are pretty clueless and politically correct, about what's going on on this planet and especially with the US. But then again those things don't belong on a forum such as this.
You are overreacting, I think your hate speeches are hilarious. :) That you genuinely believe what you say makes it even better. Keep up the good work :)
Examples? I didn't think so.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 am
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 am
Greta wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:27 am

When I was young, going around in circles was fun. Not so much now ... from a few posts ago:
Well, it’s true.

The kid [...] has a bullying attitude, a filthy mouth, and he’s disrespectful.
I have never known you to consider these qualities to be a negative in your favourite politician, Trump.

Maybe this means the boy is destined to be President? That would be WONDERFUL! :lol:
:lol:

I was wondering if anyone would see that.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:55 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 am I don't understand how it relates to my response. I told you that executions in America don't actually save money on taxes, and you reply by telling me that big screen TVs are more expensive. I don't get it.
When you house the guilty as prisoners, you've got to keep them entertained in certain prisons. Hence big-screen tvs and increased taxes to pay for those tvs.
...So in short, execution does not save taxes.