Is the earth getting overpopulated?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Is the earth getting overpopulated?

Post by Greta »

wtf wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 am
Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am
You read nothing - obviously. I was pissed off about parking hassles and slipped it in there
You -- repeat YOU -- asked me why I mentioned it. I answered YOUR QUESTION. The answer is that it's such an obviously lame argument that I wonder why you didn't stop yourself as you were typing it. And why is that by the way? If a philosopher makes a weak argument that they know to be weak, and they make the argument anyway, whose fault is it that someone calls them out on it?

Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am Now we have this repeated referencing
Once?
Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am of a tragic case of mental illness
Yet his rhetoric and lack of perspective was eerily similar to yours.
Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am , parading this grotesquery triumphantly like a symbol of some kind of "victory" in your mind that you can maintain as long as you ignore everything I write
Now that I've seen you lamely trying to defend what you already know was a weak argument, I'll be happy to ignore everything you write from now on.
Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am and then for some reason you felt compelled to add this loony burning man tragedy as "evidence" of problems with my arguments ...?
I was struck by the similarity of his rhetoric to yours, and to so much of the loony climate rhetoric from the left.
Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am I prefer to not speak defensively like a lawyer. I'd rather not fuss with minor details, trusting that others will try to understand my gist, as I try to understand theirs.
I do understand your gist. You're a climate nut incapable of rational discussion of the issue. You made that perfectly clear. I was disappointed in you but now that I know, I'll stop reading your posts entirely. It's a waste of my time.
Greta wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 amThis, as opposed to simply aiming for the closest approximation of reality in any given matter.
So did you find a place to park yet? And if you hate fossil fuels so much, what is you're trying to park? Electric cars burn MORE net fossil fuels than gasoline powered cars. You could look it up.
Thank you for your content-free concession of defeat in this debate due to your lack of substance and ethics.

You clearly lied about reading my posts, thus, your threat to stop reading makes no difference to me. Your ignorance is demonstrated by your continued refusal to respond to substantive and relevant issues raised, and clinging to denial, obfuscation, stereotyping and ad hominem attacks, derailing any possibility of a reasoned debate. Given the weakness of your case, I guess that's all you have to offer.