How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by Science Fan »

Flash: Since you wrote that I owed Gaffo an apology, that was inconsistent with you insulting people like Bill, and not apologizing to him. If you believe me pointing that inconsistency in your behavior out to you makes me "thick," then so be it. I'm not too interested in any opinion you have at this point, after reading your comments on here.

Anyways, I do not owe Gaffo the Jew-hater any apology, and it's not happening. Period. I would no more apologize to him than to David Duke.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's quite simple. You are the one complaining about 'personal insults' yet you are the only person giving them out here. FDP hasn't complained about personal insults against him as far as I am aware. Gaffo could just as easily call you a muslim-hater. After all, you come from a country with a policy of blowing them to bits (that's what happens when you drop bombs on people). But calling you a muslim-hater would serve no purpose, and just make him look ridiculous. If an argument is sound then it doesn't need namecalling.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Veggie: Yet again ignoring basic facts in support of your delusional bigotry against the USA. Here's some facts you yet again ignored when you falsely claimed that the USA can be called a Muslim hating nation. What happened in Bosnia when Muslims were being massacred? While European nations did nothing, and New Zealand did nothing, it was the USA who stepped in to save Muslims from being slaughtered. More Muslims have been killed by Syria and Russia lately than by any other countries, and you give Putin and Syria a free-pass, because you can't blame their attacks against Muslims on the USA.

The other fact you ignored is that there is only one reason Flash wants me to apologize to Gaffo --- he shares Gaffo's beliefs regarding Jews. As far as I'm concerned, every Jew-hater, can suck eggs. I'll continue to confront them with facts, take on their bullshit, and if any of them thinks that they can make me apologize, good luck with that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gibberish.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

VT: Right, the facts would be "gibberish" for you, since your bigotry collapses in light of the facts. It is also a fact that Russia is currently persecuting large groups of Muslims, and you have never protested on their behalf. The same is true for China, Iran, and numerous other countries. Why? Because you cannot blame the persecution of these Muslim populations on the USA, so it does not hit your radar screen of concern. Just like the anti-Semite who also ignores them because he cannot blame their persecution on Jews and Israel.

Not to mention the mass demonstrations against Muslims in places like France, Germany, Britain, etc., etc., yet, you never label these countries as anti-Muslim. What do you think Brexit was about? It was about hatred against Muslim immigrants.
vegetariantaxidermy

But somehow Americans are just so much more hateable than all the rest of the planet put together. Perhaps it's because so many of them are just like you.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Science Fan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:41 pm What do you think Brexit was about? It was about hatred against Muslim immigrants.
Sure. All those muslims from the European Union... coming over here, speaking Polish and fixing our toilets too cheaply. The pesky muslims with their Eurocratic legislation making us work 35 hour weeks and have 25 days paid vacation, 9 months of paid maternity leave and all that other annoying islamic shit. Those naughty islamic types in Brussels making us let the Spanish overfish our waters and then throw half the fish away because paperwork...

You're a weird little man with no idea what you are on about, and no desire to find anything out before writing something fucking stupid about it.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Flash: You seriously claiming British bigotry against Muslims was not the reason for Brexit? The entire campaign focused on banning Muslims from Britain.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm Gaffo: There is a proxy war being fought right now in Yemen.

yea i know - bet the regional powers of Saudi Arabia and Iran.
Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm Iranian forces took over the country,

no, Hoothis - allied with Iran took over the Country a few years ago (not "Iranian forces).

- since that time Sala with his Saudi friends sort of returned to that land.

-- and the war continues over there.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm and the Saudis are fighting against them.
yep.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm The Saudis are using American weapons while the Iranians have Russian allies.
yep. you show yourself informed.

I note this - if you are able to remove your bias WRT isreal, we may find much in common and much in which to agree with (I doubt you ever will though - sadly - since you and I are both informed of international events ;-/, oh well).

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm Now, there are some people who blame this conflict solely on the USA and ignore the involvement of other countries, like Iran, and the Saudis, etc.

they are fools.

GCC had full control over the destruction of the Pearl Roundabout and the Shia protesters in Bahrain - second class citizens though making up 80-percent.........king of (one of the 20-percent Sunni) called Saudis and they seeing a mutual interest - rolled in................

so yes I agee, regional actors - and WRT Middle East Saudis and Iran are the Actors!!!!!!!!!!! - not the US nor Russia..........not that the end of the day.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm I'm not one to do that ----
then you are not a fool and maybe there is hope yet to discuss/debate this without invective.

maybe............;-/.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm I am condemning all actors in this war.
As is your right.

all cards on the table here - i know very little about Yemen (used to be two South and North - prior it was one nation in the 60's).............of the particulars outside of the general stuff - ubber Wahhabist and right of even Saudis - public executions (without tranquizers - which the Saudis offer the condemned).

maybe you are more learned in the particulars of Yemeni society?

as said, I know little, i do know that the "Rulers" of Yemen are Sunni and are a minority of around 1/3 (same story as in Bahrain).....................now the latter is more modern and so when the majority is descriminated (shia) - it is more noted then when in another society (yemen) which is more backward.

my understanding is that the majority (Shia "hoothis") decided with Iran's aid to kick Sala out.

and they did.

to me seeing that the Hoothis are the majority and Sala was the 1/3 minoriy and yet king, means in my mind that the Hoothis have a better claim to Yemen in this civil war.

all other things being equal --------------the place is the shit hole with no persons in power championing Democratic Universal human rights............

of course if Sala did so then I'd side with Sala.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm We know for a fact that the Saudis used American bombs to directly, and intentionally, target a funeral procession of more than 400 people.
yes I know of.

Saudis - those involved in that act from the pilot to the general giving orders have blood on their hands and i condemn them for not acting as professionals.

i.e. killing only combatants/refusing illegal orders (killing non-combatants).

only hope those involved have enough of a humanity to be haunted by their actions until their natural deaths.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm Now, imagine if Israel had intentionally dropped a bomb on 400 people attending a funeral?
Israel HAS conducted similar actons - with less death result, but the mindset was the same!

Saudis = Israeli (per the particulars, Shia former, Arabs the latter).

remove your blinders WRT to Israel.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm You and your comrades would be all up in arms demanding the destruction of Israel, and you'd probably encourage attacks against Jews, even if they lived outside of Israel and had nothing to do with the attack.

utter bullshit ad-hominim................you make reasoned posts above and we can converse, then as soon as Israel shows up in the disscussion you get all tribal and throw your mind out the window.

grow up, get some balls and look as your beloved Israel as any other fucking nation - OBJECTIVELY.

then get back to me.

I have no time for Tribalists, I'm a Humanist! the Tribal asshole's opposite.

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm Because to me, innocent lives matter, whether Jews can be blamed for their deaths or not.
unless they are Palestinians living under illegal Israel rule.

then you play the deaf and dumb coward.
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:15 am

By whose law is it 'illegal'?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:30 pm
Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm ou and your comrades would be all up in arms demanding the destruction of Israel, and you'd probably encourage attacks against Jews, even if they lived outside of Israel and had nothing to do with the attack.
That seems like an unfair personal attack tbh.
Science Fan wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:36 pm VT: Why are you even on a philosophy forum? In philosophy, and logic, it is recognized that personal attacks are a foul.
You owe Gaffo an apology.

thanks for your support for me "Flash" much appreciated.

sadly I'm used to attack and labels of anti-semitism from the Tribal Israelis and her apologist and their lobby.............though fully counter to Univeral Human decency.

I'm a big boy.

my conscience is my guide.

I thank you again for your support and welcome more post on this matter from you Sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:26 am

damn - you are fast madam! you live here?

by international law of course.
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:26 am

damn - you are fast madam! you live here?

by international law of course.
Actually I just got home. Could you quote which law? I"m genuinely interested.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Science Fan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 am Flash: You seriously claiming British bigotry against Muslims was not the reason for Brexit? The entire campaign focused on banning Muslims from Britain.
The fuck you on about? When do you think that campaign started? People have been campaigning against EU membership since before it was called the EU. This is a famous newspaper front page from 1990, but I've been hearing this shit since Thatcher beat up the EEC when I was a little kid.
Brits have been whining about the EU for so much shit you've never heard of for so long your suggestion is plain ignorant. We had a whole thing about the eurocrats saying our bananas had to be straightened out. Idiots moaned about it for years.

Things got heated and Britain started heading for the exits properly in the 1990s when the EU cooked up what most of us (even me, and I'm not in favour of Brexit at all) recognised as a foolish single currency that will definitely fail. And when they openly discussed it as the first stage of creating a federal system in Europe people in England went berserk - even though the French would never join a federal system that contained us any more than we would one that contained them.

The Euro, incidentally was created as it was because the French held the Germans hostage - they only agreed not to impede the reunification of East and West Germany if Germany subsumed its overmighty currency into a shared one. Germany and France getting on too well together is something that irritates Brits, even though last time they didn't it caused considerable inconvenience for our grandparents. Being less facetious, Brits also hate the way deals such as that get made in Europe, we like to think it isn't our way of doing things.

The expansion of the EU into Eastern Europe at the turn of the century was basically a British/Dutch/German idea cooked up for various reasons to do with peace and shit like that. But really Britain was the cheerleader, and our main objectives were not so much peace. Partially it was to make it impossible to create a federal Europe (fixing for a few years our local political problems with EU membership). Another aspect was to weaken the French+German voting block. That voting thing is why the French were always against adding extra countries (the Germans seemed willing to take the hit to their voting power, possibly for some historical reasons). But a little mentioned aspect of it was to break up something called the Common Agricultural Policy - which was a bad deal the French made with the Germans in the 60s when that historical stuff was still very fresh in the minds of all...

The CAP was another policy cooked up with one stated aim - to provide food security on a continent that had still suffered some starvation as recently as the 1950s. But it's real objective was something else. It was a way for the rapidly expanding German industrial economy to subsidise French farmers. Adding all those Eastern Europeans farmers into the mix took a lot of money away from France and Italy and sent it to Poland and Hungary, which has helped to address some of the deficiencies of the project because suddenly you could persuade the French to vote for reform now that they were no longer making buckets of cash out of. Brits have always hated the CAP.

The immigration of which you speak, comes of course from Eastern Europe. It isn't muslims, it's the Polish and then the Romanians. Sure all the people who march around complaining about muslims also complain about those guys, but the dirty anti-immigration aspect of the actual Brexit campaign wasn't about Islam.

But the main thing in the campaign wasn't immigration anyway. It was this message.... (by which I mean the bus in the background, not the floppy headed idiot on the mic)...
The big complaint levelled at the EU even before those days when Margaret Thatcher beat them up and made them give back loads of money, is that they ripped us off. Over the years Britain, Germany and Holland have basically paid for the EU, putting in way more money than the EU gives back under any scheme.

The campaign had nothing to do with banning muslims from Britain. There is no political party in Britain that even hints at banning muslims other than some fringe nazis that have no seats in parliament. I don't even know where you got the idea that this was the focus of the campaing. Did you just made that up, or are you a Breitbart reader?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:37 pm FlashP: Okay, so according to you, Bill, PE, are all idiots, while Gaffo, a blatant Jew-hater isn't?
point to any post i made that shows I'm antisemetic.

you can't because I haven't and have goodwill to all men - including Jews.

all my posts are anti-Israel per her illegal occupation of the Westbank and the Apartied toward the non jews living there.

you are full of SHIT "sir".