How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 am
Science Fan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 am Flash: You seriously claiming British bigotry against Muslims was not the reason for Brexit? The entire campaign focused on banning Muslims from Britain.
I think 1/2 was so.

the other 1/2 was wishing for past empire/better jobs.
You and I appear to have been typing at the same time, so you probably didn't see it. But I typed out a very brief explanation of how we ended up with Brexit which is on page 5 of this thread. The campaign really had nothing much to do with empires or muslims.

Our muslim population derives from non-EU states such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Somalia etc. Also a large number arrived in the 70s when Idia Amin expelled them from Uganda. None of those states is in the EU, so they have little to do with Brexit.

The EU nationals resident in Britain are...

To the very small extent that msulims had anything to do with Brexit, it was about a recent issue with large numbers of refugees at that point provoking resentment in Germany and Italy. Not so much here though. Only the most racist sliver of the population really thought of that as a pressing issue then or now, certainly not enough people to have any influence on events.
I'm so glad you welcome muslims, especially arab muslims. Your country will use any excuse to bomb their countries to bits, so it's only right that you should be taking in every muslim who wants to come there. I take it you have given up your house for muslim refugees.
But a paltry 5 per cent? That's pathetic. You should be trying to get it up to at least 50 per cent.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

gaffo wrote:amen - and a war i agreed with Serbians were German Nazis in that war.
Er! Where are you getting your history from, Disney? Fux News? The Serbians were most decidedly not Nazis.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 am
Science Fan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 am Flash: You seriously claiming British bigotry against Muslims was not the reason for Brexit? The entire campaign focused on banning Muslims from Britain.
I think 1/2 was so.

the other 1/2 was wishing for past empire/better jobs.
You and I appear to have been typing at the same time, so you probably didn't see it. But I typed out a very brief explanation of how we ended up with Brexit which is on page 5 of this thread. The campaign really had nothing much to do with empires or muslims.

Our muslim population derives from non-EU states such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Somalia etc. Also a large number arrived in the 70s when Idia Amin expelled them from Uganda. None of those states is in the EU, so they have little to do with Brexit.

The EU nationals resident in Britain are...

To the very small extent that msulims had anything to do with Brexit, it was about a recent issue with large numbers of refugees at that point provoking resentment in Germany and Italy. Not so much here though. Only the most racist sliver of the population really thought of that as a pressing issue then or now, certainly not enough people to have any influence on events.
Yes! per the "With EU" muslims thing. I ran accross "Still incorrigable"(sp) / and the other two similar names of the related YT channel - with James O'Brian (radio talker) snips. I hate Talkradio (here in america is all braindead hate/rant crap - but at least "James OBrian" seems to not be like his ilk over here - i.e. seems to have a mind. i love to listen to the idiot who call in in defending brexit with all emotion and no facts.

game over Gibraltar, game over Northern Ireland.

the former will now be annexed by Spain within a decade, since the "borderless border" will go up and Spain will not longer allow Spainish workers to work in Gibraltar.

Ireland will have to choose.

put up walls and piss on Good Friday Agreement

or.

have a RoI /Nothern Ireland reforendum upon unification - which post Brexit - would pass (the prior/earlier one failed by a small about per my understanding).........and so Northern Ireland would be absorbed by Republic of Ireland.

all thanks to Brexit.

what idiots - a domino effect i understood years ago! - fk and I'm not even a Brit!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm American!!!!!!!!! - we have our own fking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!(Trumpers fkers)).

..............you (I assume you are a Brit?) and I get what we deserve (in the collective sense - since we both live in a Nations made up of slight majority of IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

over here - hear this morning Trumps head lawyer resigned - this mean Mueller will be fired tomorrow (if my Deputy Department of Defense - Rod Rosentien lacks balls (this will be his personal (in everyone's like there is a "test of character" - tomorrow will be Rod's - and that test will be to obey an illegal (per the Spirit of my Constitution/any and all open societies) order by that Thug President or defend the oath he took when he took his office only last year (to my Federal U.S. Constitution), i.e. to refuse the order given as knowing it is counter to his/my(and all people's concepts of a liberal society (there are many - one does not need to have a written doc like my constitution to affirm the same ideals) ideals, and resign.

Will Rod be a man or a jellyfish?????!!!!!!!!

tune in tomorrow to find out.

---------

we over here had the same trial 45 yrs ago. 2 out of 3 were men - refused nixon's order and resigned, the 3'rd complied and was Bork, he later came before our congress (15 yr later - late 80's) for confirnmation for a Supreme Court seat.

his lacky cowardice in "throwing the constitution under the bus" - my words (and feelings on that man) - in 73, got back to him and so he was not affirmed to sit on our High Court.

good call.

BTW "Amod" removed our posts - 6 days worth - over in the "Israeli thread" (I forget the name of that thread - something to do with Jews).
I'd like to thank you (not sure if you saw my reply/thanks to you before Amod removed them (Amod and I had a few "Words" over his/her/its removal of my Thread created over how happy i was to become "immortal" - via correcting/adding a reference in Wikipedia.

Jan Francis (70's actress) I disscoverd via Secret War (via YT - then bought the DVD's of) was not mentioned in her Wiki as being also in the TV show Raffles (again i disscovered - yrs ago on YT before YT got anal and removed it (and my channel - offered same type old shows-callan, human jungle, gideons way, the defenders, the senator, danger uxd,

anyway i amended Jan Francis' wiki to include her role in one episode of Raffles (not - Raffles and all the other above shows I NEVER KNEW about - only by YT years ago (before they got anal and removed such stuff) did I view and life them enough TO BUY the DVD sets of), if you do a wiki you will will see my one line reference - I'm now immortal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Amod removed my whole thread! pissed me off and got rabid created a thread about "the nature of mods"- this was just a month after I joined here - late nov/early dec (4 months ago).

she/he/it showed up during my rant and we conversed about the role of us (you and me - i claimed we were guests) and his role (I claimed he was our host) he/she/it did not agree. but we did converse - he/she/it came out of the woodwork and showed itself to us mere mortals in that instance at least. I give Amod credit of character for showing up and debating via my thread - instead of just being a dik and removing my membership (which was what happened to me at the same time over in "the philosophy" forum - pure dk mods over there.

here the mods are ok - Amod is (we might have an issue over his/her/its removal of your/mine posts over in that other thread). not as a big deal as a WHOLE THREAD REMOVED (and never learned of why amod removed it - would like to know why still - still stings - the not knowing why).

I disslike mods in concept - cut my teeth in Usenet, we are all big boys and can take the heat of the kitchen, this is not usenet and is probably paid by philo now so they can call their own shots and banned whomever willynilly.

Amod was kewl to show himheritself to me months ago and I did like that fake - esp after being banned from logging in/membership for no reason after 50 posts over in "The philosophy" forum (fk them!).

I can't speak for Imod (the other mod here), never having the "pleasure" of talking with.

------------

and again I'd like to thank you for speaking out for me last week per SciFi disparaging my character making the bullshit claim that anti-israel - anti-semitic.

one of my friends in college was an orthodox jew - lockes and all..........he returned from the WB in summer vacation in 91 and i asked him why he had cut off his lockes...........did not confide in me only had a sad look. (Ithink i know why - via what he saw).

i guess he was more an aquantance than a friend, otherwise he would have confided in me.

just relating the story.

---------

anyway thanks for defence of me that other thread - my YT channel only lasted 6 moths - gone now a year. I will try to restore it via "Dailymotion" Franch are not so anal about Coptyriech (they never signed the DMCA), last time i tried to do make my channel over there the site locked up (last fall).

I'll try again - prob this summer.

look for "Z Channel" (in memorium of the actual - a channel i rem as a kid and loved - for its "Arthouse" films shown via cableTV" - check wiki.)that was my channel on YT.

sadly the founder in a craze over his divorse went on a murder rampage years ago.............refer to wiki.

there is a documentary about the Z channel which I've heard is good - but not seen.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:43 am
gaffo wrote:amen - and a war i agreed with Serbians were German Nazis in that war.
Er! Where are you getting your history from, Disney? Fux News? The Serbians were most decidedly not Nazis.
lol WTF????????????

ok, you got my attention, why/how not so?

Edjumikate me about the serbs.

no, seriously.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Start here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War ... Yugoslavia

What you will find is that Balkan history is way more complicated than the ME and involves very very vicious nationalism.

Here's the starter for ten,
"Military operations in World War II in Yugoslavia began on 6 April 1941, when the Kingdom of Yugoslavia was swiftly conquered by Axis forces and partitioned between Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria and client regimes. Subsequently, a guerrilla liberation war was fought against the Axis occupying forces and their locally established puppet regimes, including the Independent State of Croatia and the Serbian Government of National Salvation, by the KPJ-led republican Yugoslav Partisans. Simultaneously, a multi-side civil war was waged between the Yugoslav communist Partisans, the Serbian royalist Chetniks, Croatian fascist Ustaše and Home Guard, as well as Slovene Home Guard troops."

Hence the Balkan problems have not been solved even to this day and cold quite likely eruput again.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 am Start here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War ... Yugoslavia

What you will find is that Balkan history is way more complicated than the ME and involves very very vicious nationalism.

Here's the starter for ten,
"Military operations in World War II in Yugoslavia began on 6 April 1941, when the Kingdom of Yugoslavia was swiftly conquered by Axis forces and partitioned between Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria and client regimes. Subsequently, a guerrilla liberation war was fought against the Axis occupying forces and their locally established puppet regimes, including the Independent State of Croatia and the Serbian Government of National Salvation, by the KPJ-led republican Yugoslav Partisans. Simultaneously, a multi-side civil war was waged between the Yugoslav communist Partisans, the Serbian royalist Chetniks, Croatian fascist Ustaše and Home Guard, as well as Slovene Home Guard troops."

Hence the Balkan problems have not been solved even to this day and cold quite likely eruput again.
damn ;-/ thats a long read. I'm too drunk to read it now. but will do so when less dumb/lazy (promise - i value learning).

I'll do so when sober.

I'll admit i'm fairly ignorant of Yugslavia's history.

what i know is that Germans took over most it (seems via your wiki the Russian with Serb help too some if it in 44/45).

i know the Croatians are Catholic and sided with the germans.

Serbs of course are Orthdox and sided with Russians (just like in ww1).

where did/does that leave the Muslims (Bosnians?) siding on?

per than Balkin War of the 90's the genocide was not against the Croatains - they had their own lands outside of Serbia, but instead against the muslims - who lived inside of Serbia.

I'm having an hard time seeing the Serbian's actions are no worse than the Bosnians per that war.

maybe i'm wrong and will know the truth of the matter when i go back and read your link.

thanks for reply Sir.