How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: How Come no Boycotts Against New Zealand?

Post by gaffo »

Science Fan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:27 am What happened in Bosnia when Muslims were being massacred? While European nations did nothing, and New Zealand did nothing, it was the USA who stepped in to save Muslims from being slaughtered.
amen - and a war i agreed with Serbians were German Nazis in that war.

thanks for mentioning that "War" which too many forget about today.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 pm
Science Fan wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:41 pm What do you think Brexit was about? It was about hatred against Muslim immigrants.
Sure. All those muslims from the European Union... coming over here, speaking Polish and fixing our toilets too cheaply. The pesky muslims with their Eurocratic legislation making us work 35 hour weeks and have 25 days paid vacation, 9 months of paid maternity leave and all that other annoying islamic shit. Those naughty islamic types in Brussels making us let the Spanish overfish our waters and then throw half the fish away because paperwork...

You're a weird little man with no idea what you are on about, and no desire to find anything out before writing something fucking stupid about it.
Brexers in England are like my Trumpers ----------- emotional images of "past empire".

both are loser - modern world is Globalism.

..............kiss Northern Ireland goodbye........now that a fence will be mandated, and soon a reforendum for unitifcation to RoI.

same with Gibraliter - soon to revert back to the Spanish.

all thanks to Brexit dolts.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Science Fan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 am Flash: You seriously claiming British bigotry against Muslims was not the reason for Brexit? The entire campaign focused on banning Muslims from Britain.
I think 1/2 was so.

the other 1/2 was wishing for past empire/better jobs.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:26 am

By whose law is it 'illegal'?
damn - you are fast madam! you live here?

by international law of course.
Actually I just got home. Could you quote which law? I"m genuinely interested.
as stated in the other thread 3 weeks ago. 4th Geneva accords (Israel is a signatory).

and UN resolutions - several - which condemn Israel's occupation of WB - and so.....................Israel is a member of UN too.

and so

bound by both the Geneva Accords and the UN Rules of Law.

it not rocket science Veg, why are you acting so dumb? I've seen your posts here since I've been here 5 months now and you do not seem dumb to me.

so why are you playing dumb now?

just wondering. ;-/.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:26 am

By whose law is it 'illegal'?

6? 7? saturday evening?

NZ is lovely county, I always wanted to visit your land. too poor to afford, but the hope remains.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 am

as stated in the other thread 3 weeks ago. 4th Geneva accords (Israel is a signatory).

and UN resolutions - several - which condemn Israel's occupation of WB - and so.....................Israel is a member of UN too.

and so

bound by both the Geneva Accords and the UN Rules of Law.

it not rocket science Veg, why are you acting so dumb? I've seen your posts here since I've been here 5 months now and you do not seem dumb to me.

so why are you playing dumb now?

just wondering. ;-/.
I just don't see how anyone could unravel the convoluted mess enough to be able to confidently take one side or another. The UN pompous twats don't live there. That said, I really don't see why Israel feels the need to keep expanding its settlements. What is the motive? If the entire region becomes Israel then wouldn't that make Palestinians Israeli citizens? None of it makes much sense. Obviously the Palestianiana have to live somewhere.
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 am
NZ is lovely county, I always wanted to visit your land. too poor to afford, but the hope remains.
If you've never been there how do you know it's 'lovely'? As a matter of fact the US is prettier by far, and on a huge scale.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

reasonable and respectful reply - i thank you for this.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:40 am
I just don't see how anyone could unravel the convoluted mess enough to be able to confidently take one side or another.
it helps to undertand me from my posts. from them you can see i'm an idealist.

I'm a realist too - only idealist first, realist second (i.e. i know the real world is not fair, but strive to make it more ideal in my - i'm a nobody and only can do my little part here - like all other billions of nobodies on this wold.......by sad posts/personal actions in my community/etc.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:40 am The UN pompous twats don't live there.
agreed, UN are twats. hell the Human Rights Council (or whatever its called had/has Lybia in it!!!!!!!!!!!)- no argument from me here.

she is just another League of Nations - a toothless hypocritical debating society (and you know? that GREAT TO ME - as a debating society its role is valuable!..............last thing I would want is a World Government with teeth! -- UN will never be the latter, only fools fear the UN as a real power as a world government.

I actually VALUE regional power. and though LOATHE my State's (Oklahoma) government today being rightwing republican - i value State Power in principle (for i know ok will swing to the dems someday) as a check on my Nation's federal power.

for example - i personally do not like pot (other do so that fine by me - support liberty overall), make me paranoid. CA and 14 other states now make it legal to smoke pot via their State Laws (though its illegal Federally).

same with Right to Die (which I support) - legal in some states (Oregon was the first 20 yrs ago) - again illegally Federally.

the feds just "pick their battles" and usually do not fight the states when the will of those in said states are against them.

------------

what i'm saying is that i value the "roles" each plays. from the meager States to the Federal to the international (UN).

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:40 am That said, I really don't see why Israel feels the need to keep expanding its settlements. What is the motive? If the entire region becomes Israel then wouldn't that make Palestinians Israeli citizens? None of it makes much sense. Obviously the Palestianiana have to live somewhere.
Israel gov is not thinking logical nor longterm, all they are doing is playing ostrich and bunker mentality................if forced to think they will just place a faith in the concept that if they make life SO BAD for the Palis as to make them think they cannot live there any longer - they will pack their bags and move to (Jordan - will she take them? i don't think so - Labanon - will she take them? i don't think so - Egypt - will she take them? i don't think so - Syria - will she take them? i don't think so........................we have refugee camps now for 50 yrs on all those borders. so no, none will take them -----------------and most Palistinains out of personal pride and love for their hme (which is in the Westbank) will not leave!.

there is a right side and a wrong side in this issue.

the right side is the right to live in the land one was born in and calls home to remain at home.

the wrong side is the side that champions cattlecars (forced population transfer) and denies non Jews the right to Israeli citizenship if they by accident of birth to have been born in the Westbank.

its not rocket science.

just common human decency.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 am
If you've never been there how do you know it's 'lovely'? As a matter of fact the US is prettier by far, and on a huge scale.
my understanding is that its like the Pacific Northwest - Washington, Oregon.

if so then I'd love it.
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:31 am

if so then I'd love it.
I don't think so. The flora is completely different. You have those gorgeous decidious trees over there. The small towns all seem to be lined with them. Even New York is full of amazing trees and parks.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:51 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:31 am

if so then I'd love it.
I don't think so. The flora is completely different. You have those gorgeous decidious trees over there. The small towns all seem to be lined with them. Even New York is full of amazing trees and parks.

no/little dicidous trees in WA/OR - unlike the rest of America (minus Monatana/Colorado/Wyoming ) - they have Pines and Firs only - like Norway/etc.

and cloudy skies.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

too add VT, NH and most of ME also look much like WA and OR and full of confers.

all pretty lands - shout out to the White Mountain county.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FYI - the only disidous tree able to survive far north - aka NY state - is the Birch,

which the Birch Beetle is killing off with abandon. thanks to global warming (beetle larva now survive NY winters - unlike earlier).

NY has plenty of conifers BTW
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:06 am FYI - the only disidous tree able to survive far north - aka NY state - is the Birch,

which the Birch Beetle is killing off with abandon. thanks to global warming (beetle larva now survive NY winters - unlike earlier).

NY has plenty of conifers BTW
I find that hard to believe. Canada is full of deciduous trees. They are a cold northern hemisphere thing. And I don't know what your acronyms stand for.

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/ex/sust ... city/8418/
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 am
Science Fan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 am Flash: You seriously claiming British bigotry against Muslims was not the reason for Brexit? The entire campaign focused on banning Muslims from Britain.
I think 1/2 was so.

the other 1/2 was wishing for past empire/better jobs.
You and I appear to have been typing at the same time, so you probably didn't see it. But I typed out a very brief explanation of how we ended up with Brexit which is on page 5 of this thread. The campaign really had nothing much to do with empires or muslims.

Our muslim population derives from non-EU states such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Somalia etc. Also a large number arrived in the 70s when Idia Amin expelled them from Uganda. None of those states is in the EU, so they have little to do with Brexit.

The EU nationals resident in Britain are...

To the very small extent that msulims had anything to do with Brexit, it was about a recent issue with large numbers of refugees at that point provoking resentment in Germany and Italy. Not so much here though. Only the most racist sliver of the population really thought of that as a pressing issue then or now, certainly not enough people to have any influence on events.