Political Parties Always Espouse High Voter Turnout

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Political Parties Always Espouse High Voter Turnout

Post by uwot »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:49 pm You don't understand why I voted for Champagne Sherry for Homecoming Queen when I have never ever voted in a political election of any kind for anybody else. I was figuratively dragged halfway across campus by her boyfriend who was a friend of mine. Capiche?
Reverend Bob, I know you're a prophet and that, but I can't help thinking that it would take more thugs to drag the voters away from the telly to vote for the AEP than there are voters. Why don't you just get the thugs to vote for you?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I'll try to cut to the chase for you. Members of the AEP are assigned a geographical block of potential voters to not only proselytize them, but help them on any government problems they have throughout the year. In return, these potential voters are only being asked to vote AEP at election time, not that their vote will change the outcome of the election, but that it will help make the AEP member look like he's doing a good job to AEP headquarters.
uwot

Post by uwot »

So how is that different to any other political party, Reverend Bob?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Jesus Christ, regular political parties don't operate like that! When was the last time a political operative ever showed up at your door, even at election time? And I'm talking about a friend-to-friend basis throughout the year, and not pushing any candidates at all! This is something that has never been done before, my friend, only by the AEP in its infinite wisdom!
uwot

Post by uwot »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pmJesus Christ, regular political parties don't operate like that! When was the last time a political operative ever showed up at your door, even at election time?
It's called canvassing, Reverend Bob. It happens every election time in the UK, a little island off the coast of Europe. You probably haven't heard of it.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pm Jesus Christ, regular political parties don't operate like that! When was the last time a political operative ever showed up at your door, even at election time? And I'm talking about a friend-to-friend basis throughout the year, and not pushing any candidates at all! This is something that has never been done before, my friend, only by the AEP in its infinite wisdom!
They don't need to show up at your door, dum-dum. For example, they can contact you through your computer.

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

uwot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:59 pm
bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pmJesus Christ, regular political parties don't operate like that! When was the last time a political operative ever showed up at your door, even at election time?
It's called canvassing, Reverend Bob. It happens every election time in the UK, a little island off the coast of Europe. You probably haven't heard of it.
Please, I wish to God I never heard of it! I'm not talking about canvassing, I'm talking about a continuing and close relationship between an AEP member and a voter, where the AEP member is actually doing things for the voter throughout the year, becoming his friend, when at election time the voter would actually feel guilty for not helping the AEP member.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

So the AEP will have 10 million members doing that stuff full time in order to get a few hundred elected to various offices. Efficient.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Jesus Christ, we're going to take over an entire state in the Union, and then petition for secession from the USA on an international stage via the Senate and House of Representatives, and the word "filibuster" will take on new meaning à la Bob Evenson, the most dangerous man in America! My FBI file is over 40 pages now, courtesy of the great Procter & Gamble Company who was forced to abandon its iconic moon-and-stars logo because of me.
Last edited by bobevenson on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 pm Jesus Christ, we're going to take over an entire state in the Union, and then petition for secession from the USA on an international stage via the Senate and House of Representatives, and the word "filibuster" will take on new meaning à la Bob Evenson, the most dangerous man in America! My FBI file is over 40 pages now, courtesy of the Procter & Gamble Company who was forced to abandon its iconic moon-and-stars logo because of me.
Bob, I didn't know you believed in JC.

PhilX 🇺🇸
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 pm the word "filibuster" will take on new meaning à la Bob Evenson
So it will involve an adult diaper and consist entirely of cookie cutter repetition.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:59 pm
bobevenson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 pm Jesus Christ, we're going to take over an entire state in the Union, and then petition for secession from the USA on an international stage via the Senate and House of Representatives, and the word "filibuster" will take on new meaning à la Bob Evenson, the most dangerous man in America! My FBI file is over 40 pages now, courtesy of the Procter & Gamble Company who was forced to abandon its iconic moon-and-stars logo because of me.
Bob, I didn't know you believed in JC.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Please, as discussed in "The Ouzo Prophecy," the Holy Trinity is the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and the Ouzo Cross, and even the spokesman for the extremely conservative Spiritual Counterfeits Project had to wonder if it's true!
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 pm The conceptual American Energy Party, however, pays homage to low voter turnout, encouraging potential voters to stay at home and watch TV, letting the AEP handle these small democratic details.
There goes that flying pig again.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 pm Please, obviously this is when the AEP becomes operational and Bob Evenson becomes the most dangerous man in America!
LOL You are the most dangerous man in your mother's basement.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Two straight posts by the same person, pathetically unrelated to the subject at hand.