Republicans. Do you really want a leader who is a creationist?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Republicans. Do you really want a leader who is a creationist?

Post by Greatest I am »

wtf wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm Republicans. Do you really want a leader who is a creationist?
Trump could not have been elected only by social conservatives. Trump was elected by people who wanted a leader who wasn't Hillary. Trump continues to be exactly that.
If he wore a skirt, he could pass as a slut.

Regards
DL
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Trump is a science-denier, conspiracy-theorist, racist and a compulsive liar. If he is also a creationist, that's the least of the GOP's worries.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm Republicans. Do you really want a leader who is a creationist?

http://bigthink.com/videos/kurt-anderse ... c-43589329

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjR7AWSmI6o

G. W. Bush said God told him to go to war in Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKt56ztXSK0

I now see most Republicans as extremist on the far right of the political spectrum.

Do you?

Do you want or trust your extremist Republican leaders to have control of that nuclear button?

Regards
DL
I pray every day that Trump is impeached. As I said many times, only a round table of PhD's from every academic study should steer the human ship. Because no one else is truly qualified to do so, especially capitalists or religious freaks! All our power has come from sciences and academic study, so who better to know if, how and when to wield such power than the academics and scientists that created it. Certainly not politicians.

politics [pol-i-tiks]
noun, (used with a singular or plural verb)
1. the science or art of political government.
2. the practice or profession of conducting political affairs.
3. political affairs: The advocated reforms have become embroiled in politics.
4. political methods or maneuvers: We could not approve of his politics in winning passage of the bill.
5. political principles or opinions: We avoided discussion of religion and politics. His politics are his own affair.
6. use of intrigue or strategy in obtaining any position of power or control, as in business, university, etc.
7. (initial capital letter, italics) a treatise (4th century b.c.) by Aristotle, dealing with the structure, organization, and administration of the state, especially the city-state as known in ancient Greece.
Idioms
8. play politics,
....a. to engage in political intrigue, take advantage of a political situation or issue, resort to partisan politics, etc.; exploit a political system or political relationships.

....b. to deal with people in an opportunistic, manipulative, or devious way, as for job advancement.

Largely within those definitions I see the words: LIAR!!! FALSEHOOD!!! BACK STABBER!!! ETC!!!
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:22 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:18 pm
Impenitent wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:00 am

for a time he was winning

-Imp
:mrgreen: A short time.

The long term is more important.

Regards
DL
radioactive wasteland is the longest term

-Imp
It sure is, Imp. But there are no winners in a radioactive wasteland and if you think there are you are just being naive...like Trump.
Greta

Post by Greta »

It appears that Kansas is being governed by young Earth creationists. I doubt they are the only state in the US to be run by them.

US creationist belief is apparently at a record low of 42%. That huge number in itself is almost, but not quite, as astonishing as the study showing that more Americans believe in ghosts than evolution.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

will ghosts evolve in the radiation?

-Imp
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Greta: I have seen polls that have about 50% of Britains denying evolution, with roughly 20% being outright creationists. I've also seen polls from other western nations where their citizens believe in all sorts of absurd nonsense. The problem with idiocy is a global problem, not confined to any single nation.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Science Fan wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 pm Greta: I have seen polls that have about 50% of Britains denying evolution, with roughly 20% being outright creationists. I've also seen polls from other western nations where their citizens believe in all sorts of absurd nonsense. The problem with idiocy is a global problem, not confined to any single nation.
The statistics say otherwise, SF. http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/1835-s ... attendance. I don't know of any other western nations with states that give "equal time" to creationism as evolution in science classes as is the case in Kansas.

Actually, yy mother was a creationist. You really would not have wanted her to be President :lol: She would angrily exclaim that she did not come from an ape. No Mum, you were one :)
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

http://bigthink.com/videos/kurt-anderse ... c-43589329

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjR7AWSmI6o

G. W. Bush said God told him to go to war in Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKt56ztXSK0

I now see most Republicans as extremist on the far right of the political spectrum.

Do you?

Do you want or trust your extremist Republican leaders to have control of that nuclear button?

Regards
DL
We have to hope God doesn't tell Oprah to run for president. That's all we would need.
Oprah Winfrey said she’s had billionaires offer to fund her presidential campaign if she runs for the White House, but said she’s waiting for a sign from God.

“I went into prayer,” she said of calls for her to run for president.

“’God, if you think I’m supposed to run, you gotta tell me, and it has to be so clear that not even I can miss it.’ And I haven’t gotten that yet,” Winfrey told People Magazine in an interview published Wednesday.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Greta: I read that article, but I did not see where it specifically referenced the number of people in the USA who deny evolution, compared to those in Britain who deny it. The last poll I saw did state roughly half of Brits do not believe in evolution, while only roughly 20% were creationists, because one who does not believe in evolution does not have to be a creationist. I also recall seeing a video by Robert Sapolsky which referenced, not just crazy beliefs in the USA, but throughout the western world. This shouldn't surprise people, since David Icke is British, and is nuttier than Alex Jones. Jen Ham, the creationist, was born and raised in Australia. Jim Carey the anti-vaxxer, and conspiracy-theorist, was born and raised in Canada. And the problems with crazies has been taking place for a long time in Britain. Winston Churchill himself was a conspiracy theorist, as one example, and I doubt many British people believe that their best and brightest are running their country.

The world is going nuts. During Obama's eight-years in office, in poll after poll, somewhere between 15%-25% of the adult population in the USA thought he was the anti-Christ, which literally means that 15%-25% of the adult population in the USA is insane. That's about what it is all over the west. That should terrify anyone.

I'm not stating you are wrong about the nuts in the USA, and the danger they pose. All I'm stating is that the problem is not a local one confined to America. The world should not be divided along nationalist lines, but rather between the sane and the insane. Alex Jones has much more in common with David Icke than he has in common with me.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Nick A: God never speaks to anyone --- people just claim he does. In fact, there is no evidence that God has ever done anything, ever. One would think God doesn't even exist.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Gods have obviously been the answer to the fear of man's death, for centuries. But in fact as humans move further away from our days of ignorance, and closer to the days of total enlightenment (knowledge), we shall shed those archaic ways, denouncing all the gods of old. Which is not to say that there is no thing such as relative gods or a god that can create a universe, just that when we finally answer that question, we'll all be 100% certain either way! Of course that question shall probably take eons upon eons to answer. Obviously I would hope there is, and be afraid there isn't. But I shall never allow fear to dictate a resolve that only knowledge can quench!