Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:15 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:30 am
No, I totally, absolutely do not think men should blankly put their own lives below someone else simply based on if they have a vaginer. In fact, I don't think I could be anymore against that sort of blanket value-placing based on nothing more than sex. I don't even think they necessarily should put their own lives below the lives of their partner or children. If you manage to escape a burning building without attempting to go back in for your spouse or kid, I think the highlight here is that anyone survived.
In terms of equality and responsibility and duty, the scenario to look at is a man, woman and child all trying to get out the door and only the husband being able to get through because of his strength instead of pushing his child and wife ahead of himself.

I agree with you that a useless suicide helps no one, but your argument does not speak to equality because the husband is already outside. My scenario speaks more to the point.
More-so, I'm having an objection to your idea that men should put women above themselves, in general. At least that sounds like what you said in the OP, but maybe you're just speaking of how a husband should treat his wife.

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Seleucus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm

"Human beings are fundamentally and inherently unequal; they do not have, nor should they enjoy the same dignity and rights...." - Guido Stucco

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:15 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:30 am
No, I totally, absolutely do not think men should blankly put their own lives below someone else simply based on if they have a vaginer. In fact, I don't think I could be anymore against that sort of blanket value-placing based on nothing more than sex. I don't even think they necessarily should put their own lives below the lives of their partner or children. If you manage to escape a burning building without attempting to go back in for your spouse or kid, I think the highlight here is that anyone survived.
In terms of equality and responsibility and duty, the scenario to look at is a man, woman and child all trying to get out the door and only the husband being able to get through because of his strength instead of pushing his child and wife ahead of himself.

I agree with you that a useless suicide helps no one, but your argument does not speak to equality because the husband is already outside. My scenario speaks more to the point.
More-so, I'm having an objection to your idea that men should put women above themselves, in general. At least that sounds like what you said in the OP, but maybe you're just speaking of how a husband should treat his wife.
I am speaking of a worst case scenario when someone might die.

To put women and children above us in normal times and all situations would be foolish.

We cannot let children rule us as we have to teach them and to kowtow to a woman when she might be making a poor choice would be a husband shirking his duty to correct her out of love.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm
"Human beings are fundamentally and inherently unequal; they do not have, nor should they enjoy the same dignity and rights...." - Guido Stucco
That is a true statement.

Are you applying that to equal under the law as well?

Regards
DL

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Seleucus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:24 pm
Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm
"Human beings are fundamentally and inherently unequal; they do not have, nor should they enjoy the same dignity and rights...." - Guido Stucco
That is a true statement.

Are you applying that to equal under the law as well?

Regards
DL
I was just so surprised to see the trend of the thread and no one taking such a position at all; I noticing the line today in an introduction to Revolt against the modern world and decided to add it in. Obviously toddlers oughtn't to vote. Homosexuals, it's a sad situation. I've read in peer reviewed literature that most of homosexual proclivity do have a family, that would be the mature and responsible thing to do. Most married people will testify, homosexual or not, that marital 'duties' become a sort of a chore after a while anyways. In the age of Viagra, lack of sexual attraction is not much of an excuse. I hear most gay men are good looking so it would be selfish for a homosexual not to take a woman, and likewise, since lesbianism is ever man's fantasy, a lesbian woman would be selfish not to marry a man. As for women, they have demonstrated their capacity over the past century so there is no reason to withhold driver's licenses, or the vote or public office and so on.

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Seleucus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm

I suppose since we acquire our values and IQ at a young age, and girls tend to grow up in the same homes as boys, it didn't take long for women to achieve parity once equal liberties were granted. It's coloreds, who tend to grow up in colored households, who represent the more challenging case. They won't be likely to develop values and IQ unless they're adopted, or raised in residential schools, but even then, there'll always be the problem of resentment and not truly fitting in.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:37 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:24 pm
Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm
"Human beings are fundamentally and inherently unequal; they do not have, nor should they enjoy the same dignity and rights...." - Guido Stucco
That is a true statement.

Are you applying that to equal under the law as well?

Regards
DL
I was just so surprised to see the trend of the thread and no one taking such a position at all; I noticing the line today in an introduction to Revolt against the modern world and decided to add it in. Obviously toddlers oughtn't to vote. Homosexuals, it's a sad situation. I've read in peer reviewed literature that most of homosexual proclivity do have a family, that would be the mature and responsible thing to do. Most married people will testify, homosexual or not, that marital 'duties' become a sort of a chore after a while anyways. In the age of Viagra, lack of sexual attraction is not much of an excuse. I hear most gay men are good looking so it would be selfish for a homosexual not to take a woman, and likewise, since lesbianism is ever man's fantasy, a lesbian woman would be selfish not to marry a man. As for women, they have demonstrated their capacity over the past century so there is no reason to withhold driver's licenses, or the vote or public office and so on.
Quite the weird wish list.

Good luck selling it. I do not think you will get many takers.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm
I suppose since we acquire our values and IQ at a young age, and girls tend to grow up in the same homes as boys, it didn't take long for women to achieve parity once equal liberties were granted. It's coloreds, who tend to grow up in colored households, who represent the more challenging case. They won't be likely to develop values and IQ unless they're adopted, or raised in residential schools, but even then, there'll always be the problem of resentment and not truly fitting in.
Weird Redneck thinking and here you are looking at I Q's.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Seleucus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm
Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm
I suppose since we acquire our values and IQ at a young age, and girls tend to grow up in the same homes as boys, it didn't take long for women to achieve parity once equal liberties were granted. It's coloreds, who tend to grow up in colored households, who represent the more challenging case. They won't be likely to develop values and IQ unless they're adopted, or raised in residential schools, but even then, there'll always be the problem of resentment and not truly fitting in.
Weird Redneck thinking and here you are looking at I Q's.

Regards
DL
Intelligence is obviously, to me, a matter or influence and environment. You're not a racist, are you?

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm
Seleucus wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm
I suppose since we acquire our values and IQ at a young age, and girls tend to grow up in the same homes as boys, it didn't take long for women to achieve parity once equal liberties were granted. It's coloreds, who tend to grow up in colored households, who represent the more challenging case. They won't be likely to develop values and IQ unless they're adopted, or raised in residential schools, but even then, there'll always be the problem of resentment and not truly fitting in.
Weird Redneck thinking and here you are looking at I Q's.

Regards
DL
Intelligence is obviously, to me, a matter or influence and environment. You're not a racist, are you?
I favor the non-Redneck part of the human race.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Seleucus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 pm
I favor the non-Redneck part of the human race.

Regards
DL
Don't like working people? "Labor is a disgrace" and all that Homer's contest stuff? Reading Victor Davis Hanson lately on the Greek world really gave me a different perceptive on that. For Hanson, Greek freedom emerged from the farmer-class of the Archaic period, long after the palace economy time portrayed in Homer, but before the imperial Golden Age period. Fascinating reading, especially The other Greeks: The family farm and the agrarian roots of Western Civilization (1995).

Or, don't like rural people? Reading Knut Hamsun lately on the city life versus the rural life really gave me a different perceptive on that. For Hamsun, the honest, hardworking, simple rural folk live the best life, unlike the corrupt and scheming townies. Fascinating reading, especially Growth of the soil (1917).

Or, don't like White people? Reading Fustel de Coulanges lately on the systems of worship and the social organization of the Indo-European peoples really gave me a different perceptive on that. For de Coulanges, the White race is fundamentally founded on the deepest metaphysical truth. Fascinating reading, especially Aryan civilization: Its religious origin and its progress (1871).

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Working people is not what a Redneck is.

I do not like working people though because they are too stupid to unite and organize, and even when they do, they only care for their particular type of workers or guilds ignore the rest the rest.

Regards
DL

uwot
Posts: 3681
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by uwot » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
I do believe that men should have the intelligence to recognize that they have a greater duty to protect women and children than women.
So what are intelligent men protecting women and children from?
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
I get that from natural law. You might note that in the wild, it is the testosterone driven males who defend the herds and other animal groups and not the females of the various species.
Usually so that they can fuck them. Not sure that supports your claim.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
Let me assume you are a man.
Be my guest.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
If your family was in some peril, would you step up to defend it or would you expect your wife to do so?
Since you mention "the wild", you are no doubt familiar with the tenacity with which some females defend their families.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
FMPOV, if you are a man and need the law to tell you your duty in such a case, you would not be much of a man.
As it happens, I'm 6ft4 and 16 stone; by human standards, quite a lot of a man. I have a scar on my face from the time I intervened in a situation in which an elderly couple were being assaulted and was stabbed for my troubles. Personally, I don't attribute my getting involved with being a man, rather I simply tried to help weaker people who were the victim of violence, and there are plenty of examples of women and children doing exactly that.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:35 am

uwot wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
I do believe that men should have the intelligence to recognize that they have a greater duty to protect women and children than women.
So what are intelligent men protecting women and children from?
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
I get that from natural law. You might note that in the wild, it is the testosterone driven males who defend the herds and other animal groups and not the females of the various species.
Usually so that they can fuck them. Not sure that supports your claim.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
Let me assume you are a man.
Be my guest.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
If your family was in some peril, would you step up to defend it or would you expect your wife to do so?
Since you mention "the wild", you are no doubt familiar with the tenacity with which some females defend their families.
Greatest I am wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm
FMPOV, if you are a man and need the law to tell you your duty in such a case, you would not be much of a man.
As it happens, I'm 6ft4 and 16 stone; by human standards, quite a lot of a man. I have a scar on my face from the time I intervened in a situation in which an elderly couple were being assaulted and was stabbed for my troubles. Personally, I don't attribute my getting involved with being a man, rather I simply tried to help weaker people who were the victim of violence, and there are plenty of examples of women and children doing exactly that.
Indeed. But not likely while a husband or some man was cowering away from the action.

"Since you mention "the wild", you are no doubt familiar with the tenacity with which some females defend their families."

Absolutely, but that does not take away the fact that if her husband was about, he should have been in front of her.

Regards
DL

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Do you believe in equality under the law for women, children and gays?

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 am

I do believe in equality under the law.

And the best way to gaurantee that, is by having no laws entirely.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests